What class is more useful BM or Archer?

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Pple just pointed out who aggroed more. Your the only one that took out the word 'noob' and labeled it on the BM. Shame on you.

QQ.

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Who would you rather have in your fb/tt party a BM or Archer.

IMO BMs are slightly on the common side and if you have a veno and a barb the BMs become useless. Although they can give good 'support fire'

Whereas archers are great DD's and can put out constant damage.

In TW's I reckon they both have their uses. But I think archer has the BM beat.

BM is a utility class. off tank, regular dd, ect.

Saying that, I cant recall a case in which an archer is needed as something important.

archers mostly steal agro even though they dont want to do it. They cant take a hit.

However, I like to grind with archers when dealing with magic mobs that are in packs.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    In an FB, I'll take the BM for their defense buff every time over an archer.

the best partners for me in FB39, and fb51 are barbs.b:victory

its great how bm and barbs rush into the mobs.b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    QQ.

10char
    Speak english girl, you sound like a handicap. Babies can say more syllables than you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i think in general, bms are harder to play than archers, that why you'd see more "bm noobs" than "archer noobs"
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i think in general, bms are harder to play than archers, that why you'd see more "bm noobs" than "archer noobs"

ah... good point
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I would say it is the other way around.I don't like to put one class over the other.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    tt's fb's bm's are kinda just an extra
    not really needed sometimes nice to have

in rb's though
    woot! we rule (O.o )

but really for rb's every class is needed
    but still i'd say bm's play a big role
    without a good bm your pretty much bound to not complete
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    archer is more useful
    edited July 2009

That would explain some, since BM roles are so versatile its hard to learn everything perfect.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lifeup - Heavens Tear
    Lifeup - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Archer. I love me some elf =D
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Who would you rather have in your fb/tt party a BM or Archer.

IMO BMs are slightly on the common side and if you have a veno and a barb the BMs become useless. Although they can give good 'support fire'

Whereas archers are great DD's and can put out constant damage.

In TW's I reckon they both have their uses. But I think archer has the BM beat.

It really depends what TT or instance you're running. And most of the time you kinda need a bm AND archer, so it makes no sense picking only 1.

But for belia (or any boss that might aoe on squishy clerics in party) or Lunar glade or GV, i would pick a Bm before archer. Sometimes stun on several mobs, dragon and phy def buffs is really important to keep party safe and finish the damn thing in reasonable time. But doing easy instances, like 90% of TT and pretty much all fbs, archers kinda makes it faster with dps and ST.

For TT tho i would rather pick an extra veno before both archer/BM, since just the veno pet does more dmg than the archer and Bm together b:sad
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I myself being a BM find that having a BM is more useful. I have a cleric alt. And I still think the BM is more useful.

Every time I run a TT/FB with an archer I have to spend half my time saving them because they are busy running around like a chicken with its head cut off because they drew aggro. I would prefer not to have an archer in squad ever.

Now, with that being said. I do have a couple good friends that are archers that know how to control their toon. And playing with them is much better. So I will party with them. And they like to party with me because if they make a mistake i can cover them. BM's are mob control.

Anyways if archers aren't able to use their abilities (DD) to their full potential I find that to be less then use full. But the same could be said of BM's that don't know how to play. (i've played with those guys too....its so frustrating.....)

So the bottom line is. I would take a BM over and archer.

My ideal squad for TT would be:

Barb
    Cleric
    Veno
    BM
    Veno
    Veno/cleric
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    my ideal squad:

1 cleric, the rest BMS and barbsb:chuckle
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    archer is more useful

Rock tastes better than dirt.
    my ideal squad:

1 cleric, the rest BMS and barbsb:chuckle

Think that cleric will run head-first into the first mob they see, after about 10 minutes. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This inane discussion is still going on?

Since I have an 8x BM and a 7x archer, I can definitely say that there is virtually no difference in the general usefulness of these two classes. Both have their moments to shine. Neither is virtually essential to every squad (like a barb or cleric may be). Both have their shortcomings, as well.

And, for whoever raised the question of whether a BM or archer is harder to learn, I'd say it is BM without question that is harder to master. Perhaps that explains why so few BMs posting here have had enough time to learn how other classes play.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Speak english girl, you sound like a handicap. Babies can say more syllables than you.

There is no English on the internet. Everyone speaks in acronyms and expressions.

And if I want to label people, I will. There is no better place to label people than on the forums. Heck where else can I find know it all clerics who think they're so mature because they are politically correct. It's not like I haven't fallen to other people's labels myself. Of course it's not a matter of if someone does it to me, I do it to them; it's more a matter of that's what's fun and relaxing about being on the forums/internet, so might as well enjoy it.

BMs are noobs, archers as a-holes, and Enrage is the big bad bully. So what. Clerics should get their nose out of the air.

I may be handicapped but I'm having fun, so I don't give a rat's ****.

P.S. All I said in this post is one syllable. If you can't fit it in one syllable in your head, you're a noob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    great pick..really dont need a veno..i rarely use a veno unless one needs a quest in a tt..other than that..i use GENIES to lure lol.

I lure with my "provoke" animation. It works like a charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Alwin - Heavens Tear
    Alwin - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    choose archers and never look back.

BM's are a jack of all trades and master of none. But both classes are cool i guess

so who are the DDs???

lol, master of none? that would be a fail bm. and i could out DD any class, if they dont have aggro skills(barbs/pets)
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    lol, master of none? that would be a fail bm. and i could out DD any class, if they dont have aggro skills(barbs/pets)

If that were true I'd be more willing to run with BM tanks.

You might as well edit that to "if they don't DD or have aggro skills"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Alwin - Heavens Tear
    Alwin - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If that were true I'd be more willing to run with BM tanks.

You might as well edit that to "if they don't DD or have aggro skills"

im not called fail win for nothing b:chuckle

Edit:
    Most bms i seen on tt/fbs just click on the boss once and just slap it then use a spark/skills( Ex:heaven flame) every now and then
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    in tt BM are good when thers a physical aoe boss or a boss that needs interrupts, which with genies has lessened the need of bms
    for rebirth most of the job is the bms, thier job is to take a lot of the aggro aoe stun and aoe **** to death making sure the cleric wiz archer dont take aggro

If the barb isn't interrupting with Alacrity, he's not doing his job right.
    Stunning can sometimes reset aggro I've heard, so I prefer the BM just to pile on the huge damage they can do.

However, in TT I'd rather have the archer, because they can blast away without being in the AoE most of the time. :3
    edited July 2009
    There is no English on the internet. Everyone speaks in acronyms and expressions.

And if I want to label people, I will. There is no better place to label people than on the forums. Heck where else can I find know it all clerics who think they're so mature because they are politically correct. It's not like I haven't fallen to other people's labels myself. Of course it's not a matter of if someone does it to me, I do it to them; it's more a matter of that's what's fun and relaxing about being on the forums/internet, so might as well enjoy it.

BMs are noobs, archers as a-holes, and Enrage is the big bad bully. So what. Clerics should get their nose out of the air.

I may be handicapped but I'm having fun, so I don't give a rat's ****.

P.S. All I said in this post is one syllable. If you can't fit it in one syllable in your head, you're a noob.
    QQ noobb:sad............
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i oficialy lowe to party with BMsb:victoryjust got about 20% grinding with 1 ^,.,^
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    QQ noobb:sad............

Funny how things turn around :)

Lil' disabled baby for ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited July 2009
    Funny how things turn around :)

Lil' disabled baby for ya.
    having fun admitting yourself disabled?b:chuckle
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009

My ideal squad for TT would be:

Barb
    Cleric
    Veno
    BM
    Veno
    Veno/cleric

It is shame you would put squad together like that it shows you don't think or know anything of balance.

Granrey .I am not sure if a cleric would want to join your squad as you show the same thing.
    This is also discrimnating against two classes.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It is shame you would put squad together like that it shows you don't think or know anything of balance.

Granrey .I am not sure if a cleric would want to join your squad as you show the same thing.
    This is also discrimnating against two classes.

I don't think you quite understand how a TT goes.

The fact of the matter is.

Veno's pets deal full damage on bosses.

Everyone else deals 1/4.

With a proper squad a herc will tank while one or two veno's heal herc when needed. And attack with their pets.
    The barb will cancel aoe's and the cleric will blue bubble or red bubble as is needed depending on what TT boss you are fighting. While the other veno amps. And if one can spare the time to amp too...then good.
    The BM uses Dragon and builds chi as fast as possible to do so again. Which allows the venos pets to deal even more damage. Boss dead in less then 5 minutes.

I have run TT's with many different configurations wizards, archers, and this one is my favorite.

Higher TT's you switch out a veno for an extra cleric. Same tactic used...and if Herc can't tank. Then Barb does. BM is there for crowd control as you travel to bosses.

Making assumptions on what you think I know about party configurations isn't something one should be in the habit of doing.

Thank you for your time.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Actually everyone deals quarter damage against skull-marked boss/mobs, pets avoid this due to them being 'npc's. An error in coding that helps keep mat prices low.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    I don't think you quite understand how a TT goes.

The fact of the matter is.

Veno's pets deal full damage on bosses.

Everyone else deals half.

With a proper squad a herc will tank while one or two veno's heal herc when needed. And attack with their pets.
    The barb will cancel aoe's and the cleric will blue bubble or red bubble as is needed depending on what TT boss you are fighting. While the other veno amps. And if one can spare the time to amp too...then good.
    The BM uses Dragon and builds chi as fast as possible to do so again. Which allows the venos pets to deal even more damage. Boss dead in less then 5 minutes.

I have run TT's with many different configurations wizards, archers, and this one is my favorite.

Higher TT's you switch out a veno for an extra cleric. Same tactic used...and if Herc can't tank. Then Barb does. BM is there for crowd control as you travel to bosses.

Making assumptions on what you think I know about party configurations isn't something one should be in the habit of doing.

Thank you for your time.

I don't need to know as this game is easy compared to some other MMOs out there the one I play requires way more skill.There are elite areas in that one as well and skills get balanced monthly with OP builds or classes.I have put together parties before and Know how to make balanced party.I have done TT60.

Archers can be used to pull bosses more effectively.