Evolution

ryhan
ryhan Posts: 36 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Etherblade (West)
This is my first, and probably last port on the forums. My characters name is Rytania. I am from Evolution, a faction on the Heavens Tear server. I just want to take a few minutes out ask people their thoughts and opinions on things. I'm not really bothered by it because I, like most people after high school/college, don't take video games very seriously; however, I am somewhat curious. We don't hate anyone for any reason. We don't label people "traitors" or anything. We don't take irrational accusations and misinterpretations as truth. We are here for the same reason most people are: to relax and have a little video gaming fun.

We have had members leave for one reason or another, as this happens to all factions at one point in time or another. We have never passed judgment on those who left, openly or not. There were a myriad of reasons. Some left because of real life issues. Some left because they got sick of the game. Some because they believed to heart some of our leaders were corrupt. Some because they didn't like other members, etc etc....

People need to remember one thing in life: "Perception is reality". What one person sees as truth may not be in sync with another. For example, many of us believe that Adolf Hitler was a monstrous, cruel, unjust, oppressive dictator. Alternatively, there are a few that hail him as a hero. My point is that people have different views and ways of looking at things. That is why we don't pass judgement.

There are exceptions to this, just like anything else. I want people to think and apply much needed logic when it comes to this. Of course, there will be certain faction members who don't acknowledge their respective factions codes of conduct. In our faction, we try to weed those people out. I am reminding people that a few people in one faction shouldn't represent the values and beliefs of the ENTIRE group. Every faction has their "bad eggs".

For example, I hear constant crying and complaining about Enrage members player killing people. On our server, you have the OPTION to enter pk mode. You have the OPTION of buying hp/mp charms, guardian angels, pots, etc etc. You have the OPTION to go red name. Point is, you know how to evaluate judgments and take risks...there is no mystery about pk. Take some accountability and man-up if you get killed, after all, you're asking for it. It's either kill or be killed. Instead of blaming people that are better than you and calling names, ask them how to improve your character and be more receptive to learning. When I enter the cube of fate, COUNTLESS Enrage members have been pleasant, helpful, and courteous to me, red named or not. In particular, when I recently went pk mode to further educate myself, c_shadow_c (an Enrage member) killed me (haha), yet was very helpful to me and answered my questions. I think the Enrage leader, Clunker, said it best: "How can you get mad at us for playing the game the way it was meant to be played"?

Many of our old members went to the newly formed faction "Tao". We never game them a hard time for doing so. In fact, the only thing we gave them was warm wishes, best of luck, and hope for happiness. If someone wants to leave Evolution because they will be happier or think they will be happier, we strongly support them and thank them for their time. Tao, just like many other factions, is made up of great people...so why put a great thing like that down?

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

-Ryan-
Post edited by ryhan on

Comments

• Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ಥ_ಥ

So Heartfelt
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So long >.< but I read it.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    So long >.< but I read it.

You seriously read that? o.o"
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well people left for many reasons, there is a lot of things true, and false of what was happening inside Evolution. Speaking your mind like Krush, about town wars, just because the faction leader was going to be with his GF, and kicking him for getting upset, is another thing i won't stand by. Not telling the whole truth on things given to members, while not letting the others in on it, thats another thing I could never stand by. Lying to your members faces, about things that are true, is another thing i won't stand by. Certain faction members telling people, that they are on KOS list just because they left, is another thing i won't stand by. Having your War Leader, on the bottle(yes he was drinking every war) and trying to lead. Executors+ not helping members, and talking sexual things like your green cloth, blond princess, and nobody stopping her from doing it, is another thing i will not stand by. A certain barb, that harasses members in pms and on vent, is another thing i won't stand by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ryhan wrote: »

Many of our old members went to the newly formed faction "Tao". We never game them a hard time for doing so. In fact, the only thing we gave them was warm wishes, best of luck, and hope for happiness. If someone wants to leave Evolution because they will be happier or think they will be happier, we strongly support them and thank them for their time. Tao, just like many other factions, is made up of great people...so why put a great thing like that down?

First off, this is a lie. Many of us that left the faction Evolution, myself included, were harassed and called "traitors" for leaving. One of your members went so far as to say he would kill all "traitors" in tw when he saw them. I have been labeled as a traitor by the faction Evolution.

Thus my resent of them and anger. I left because of all the drama that was caused, the secrets that were kept from everyone, when we all should have had a say in who did what. If Evolution faction was such a good faction, such a "code of conduct" keeping place, why were your members Ks'ing my guildies during quests? Why would your people take pleasure in being nasty to me and my friends? All I ever did to your faction was help out and yet I got shafted because I left to get away from the drama. Yes, everyone knows I have made my own faction, I did this so I wouldn't get faction invites and so that I could get away from the drama.

But yet your people keep bringing up past members in world chat, pointing out that we are the bad guys for standing up for our beliefs. Why does that make us bad? Because we aren't afraid to stand up for what we believe? That faction fell apart because not only were things done in secret, the faction leaders/officers FAVOR certain people. People were able to get away with saying things that were against the rules in Evolution, but I would get in trouble for it because I wasn't favored. In fact, I was told that if I couldn't help anyone, I wouldn't get any help. I was told that by the faction leader himself. That it sucked to be me cause I was a lower level and because of that was looked over for it. I wasn't allowed to help pretty much anything unless certain people gave me a chance since I was lower than others.

To not give people a chance because of a level is ridiculous and unfair. In any normal faction, they give ALL members the chances they deserve. Why should Evolution be so different? oh that's right, cause its Evolution.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Doesn't this belong in the HT forum where the server's clan drama is supposed to take place? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    to the lower depths this thread shall go b:angryb:angry
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You seriously read that? o.o"

If you didn't then you shouldn't have posted. There is no point in participating in a thread if you are not going to take the time to read the original post.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    moved to the appropriate forum.

Danke, spoons. And honestly...things happen, Factions rise and fall...it's all part of the circle of creation and destruction.

I'm not expressing any opinion on this matter, as I've limited experience involving Evolution...plus, I wanna keep my unbiasness so that I can do a better job delivering TW predictions (yes, I'm gonna be trying it out, don't knock it 'till you see what I can do.)

Just...don't get too out of hand, y'know...? It's just a game.

If you just read this, yes...I actually am being serious for once. :P

~Best Wishes to all, Konari Raiden.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lmao, never seen an Evo thread here. o.o
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well i have been called a Traitor and i didnt even leave for Tao. I knew i was leaving Evo on a Thursday night but Evo had some important TWs and ik they counted on me so i fought in all the wars i could and fought till the end tooth and nail ended up going through full MP charm and HP during the weekend.

When i left i gave my reasons if they didnt agree with me thats their choice but in my time in evo i did everything i could to help and bring evo to the top and when i leave i get called a Traitor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well i have been called a Traitor and i didnt even leave for Tao. I knew i was leaving Evo on a Thursday night but Evo had some important TWs and ik they counted on me so i fought in all the wars i could and fought till the end tooth and nail ended up going through full MP charm and HP during the weekend.

When i left i gave my reasons if they didnt agree with me thats their choice but in my time in evo i did everything i could to help and bring evo to the top and when i leave i get called a Traitor.

I know you well enough to say i'm sure it didn't end at them calling you a traitor. b:laugh
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    so many walls of text, i ahve no desire to ready any b:chuckle
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    I know you well enough to say i'm sure it didn't end at them calling you a traitor. b:laugh

Hey i have changed have u seen i stopped trolling at u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Hey i have changed have u seen i stopped trolling at u

you were ever trolling?b:puzzled

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sorry Evo, your time is up.
    edited June 2009
    you were ever trolling?b:puzzled

I admit i was one of those fail ppl that hid behind an alt b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryhan
    edited June 2009
    As I said, we do our best to weed out the wrong people. This was just a simple message to stop the pointless, childish faction bashing and such. We don't bash factions or other people, and we expect the same courtesy. There have been people kicked for doing that in world chat. Evolution members certainly do not KS anyone, especially lower levels. In fact, we help people even if there is nothing in it for us. Just yesterday, a few guild members and myself helped some people with Manta and Slitt. We didn't even ask for coins for armor repairs. Don't take my word for it, ask suicidalXelf if you really don't believe me. We don't harass people. We don't kick people or single them out because of their heartfelt opinions and thoughts. Ask any member in Evolution. They'll tell you that people give their opinions and speak their mind all the time, in game, on vent, and in our forums. We not only accept this, we ENCOURAGE it.

There were a few people, however, who spread rediclious, outlandish, rumors (lies) on the sole reason to see evolution fail completely. What a pitiful thing to hope for (I seriously question whether or not these select few people have actual lives outside of their computer dungeon...probably located in their parent's basement). We certainly don't deserve that kind of treatment. These few people let a personal vendetta and a childish mode of revenge get the best of them. If you have a disagreement with someone and things can't be resolved in an adult manner, is purposefully ruining the reputation of an entire guild the right thing to do? I think it's a very selfish, backhanded, snide, cowardly thing to do to not only one person, but an entire faction. After all, talking trash on a computer screen is much different than doing it in real life. Running your fingers across a keyboard is easier than running your mouth face-to-face with a person? I guess some people are braver than others...from a safe distance, anyways.

This post was not intended for people to point fingers, give THEIR version of THEIR perceptions and truths, etc etc. This was designed to let people know that Evolution has nothing but helpful, good members in it. Eloquent in it's brevity. :) I cannot speak on issues that happened before the end of March 2009 (when I joined Evolution), I can only speak of what is going on currently. Every faction, big or small, always has it's episodes of drama and problems. This is just another fact of life: Problems arise and recede. A good question to think about is: Should former Evolution members that are long gone still have an impact on us? Holding grudges must be a terrible burden, especially to those that lead actual lives.

What would have happened to Japan if the United States held grudges on the account of a FEW select people? It would probably be the new Atlantis, sunk below the watery depths of the Pacific Ocean. Don't take that example the wrong way. I am a humanist: I don't favor race, religion, nationalism, etc etc. I just favor humans in general.

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while truth is at home putting on it's pants". -Sir Winston Churchill
    edited June 2009
    As I said, we do our best to weed out the wrong people. This was just a simple message to stop the pointless, childish faction bashing and such. We don't bash factions or other people, and we expect the same courtesy. There have been people kicked for doing that in world chat. Evolution members certainly do not KS anyone, especially lower levels. In fact, we help people even if there is nothing in it for us. Just yesterday, a few guild members and myself helped some people with Manta and Slitt. We didn't even ask for coins for armor repairs. Don't take my word for it, ask suicidalXelf if you really don't believe me. We don't harass people. We don't kick people or single them out because of their heartfelt opinions and thoughts. Ask any member in Evolution. They'll tell you that people give their opinions and speak their mind all the time, in game, on vent, and in our forums. We not only accept this, we ENCOURAGE it.

There were a few people, however, who spread rediclious, outlandish, rumors (lies) on the sole reason to see evolution fail completely. What a pitiful thing to hope for (I seriously question whether or not these select few people have actual lives outside of their computer dungeon...probably located in their parent's basement). We certainly don't deserve that kind of treatment. These few people let a personal vendetta and a childish mode of revenge get the best of them. If you have a disagreement with someone and things can't be resolved in an adult manner, is purposefully ruining the reputation of an entire guild the right thing to do? I think it's a very selfish, backhanded, snide, cowardly thing to do to not only one person, but an entire faction. After all, talking trash on a computer screen is much different than doing it in real life. Running your fingers across a keyboard is easier than running your mouth face-to-face with a person? I guess some people are braver than others...from a safe distance, anyways.

This post was not intended for people to point fingers, give THEIR version of THEIR perceptions and truths, etc etc. This was designed to let people know that Evolution has nothing but helpful, good members in it. Eloquent in it's brevity. :) I cannot speak on issues that happened before the end of March 2009 (when I joined Evolution), I can only speak of what is going on currently. Every faction, big or small, always has it's episodes of drama and problems. This is just another fact of life: Problems arise and recede. A good question to think about is: Should former Evolution members that are long gone still have an impact on us? Holding grudges must be a terrible burden, especially to those that lead actual lives.

What would have happened to Japan if the United States held grudges on the account of a FEW select people? It would probably be the new Atlantis, sunk below the watery depths of the Pacific Ocean. Don't take that example the wrong way. I am a humanist: I don't favor race, religion, nationalism, etc etc. I just favor humans in general.

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while truth is at home putting on it's pants". -Sir Winston Churchill

another endless wall of text, which 90% of people wont read

*points to sig* its quite helpful, you should try it b:pleased

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    In short Evo doesnt talk about other guilds and is classy Sticky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    There have been people kicked for doing that in world chat. Evolution members certainly do not KS anyone, especially lower levels. In fact, we help people even if there is nothing in it for us. Just yesterday, a few guild members and myself helped some people with Manta and Slitt. We didn't even ask for coins for armor repairs. Don't take my word for it, ask suicidalXelf if you really don't believe me. We don't harass people. We don't kick people or single them out because of their heartfelt opinions and thoughts. Ask any member in Evolution. They'll tell you that people give their opinions and speak their mind all the time, in game, on vent, and in our forums. We not only accept this, we ENCOURAGE it.

You can claim all you want to, but when I see the faction named "Evolution" above people's heads as they KS my guild members, I know the real truth. Even asking them to please stop and they keep going... that's harassment when we are doing the quest. And then, when they laugh at us knowing they ks'ed us on purpose, that's just downright unacceptable.

you can say what you wish about how Evolution members treat you, but all I see and get from them is rudeness, nastieness, and harassment. As I have already stated.

If their leader thinks its nice to post unacceptable images in world chat, then this game is no longer meant for the children everyone says play this game. Personally, I'm tired of fighting people who won't accept what I've been through with this faction or what my friends and guildmates have gone through. If I could post names I would, but forum rules state I cannot as it would be treating people as a blacklist.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • ryhan
    edited June 2009

Dan...nobody called you or sees you as a traitor. As you know, there is a special place on the Evolution forums on the leaving/taking a break/vacation section. As many others did when they left, they respectfully let us know. They weren't even forced into explaining themselves. They weren't hated on in any way. It's just the right thing to do...like breaking up with your girlfriend face-to-face, rather than a text message or e-mail. :D
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A drunken war leader?Damn i used to think evo was unkewl :O
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
    edited June 2009
    Dan...nobody called you or sees you as a traitor. As you know, there is a special place on the Evolution forums on the leaving/taking a break/vacation section. As many others did when they left, they respectfully let us know. They weren't even forced into explaining themselves. They weren't hated on in any way. It's just the right thing to do...like breaking up with your girlfriend face-to-face, rather than a text message or e-mail. :D

Ok for u i did tell ppl why i was leaving just because i didnt post in the forums doesnt mean i didnt tell anyone and i walked off in the night. Second i have been called a Traitor by a few ppl in evo since i left and honestly i thought evo was bigger then that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    I also told people why I left. The next few days I was called a traitor and harassed for leaving. People demanding that I return "home". And when I didn't, they kept bugging me. Then one of the members called all of us who left Traitors.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ryhan
    edited June 2009
    another endless wall of text, which 90% of people wont read

*points to sig* its quite helpful, you should try it b:pleased

Did you know that 100% of all made-up statics turn out to be 100% wrong. XD

Even if it were true, it's a Monday night and my girl is having her "monthly female issues"...so I don't mind spending a few minutes to speak my mind to the other 10%. Boredom can do crazy things to people...like starting posts and replying back to the ones they created. :)
  • ryhan
    edited June 2009
    _River and Crazydan....I am sorry for the few select people that called you out for leaving, I am sure the officers were not aware of this, as they don't allow room for that kind of behavior. It's a shame, because you are both good people, as I have come to know you. But please don't let a FEW select people spoil the reputation of the ENTIRE guild. Hopefully I won't have to repeat that for anyone else. :)
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Those select few... one of them was an officer wanna be. So please don't tell me officers were not aware of the problem. And an actual Evolution officers told me to leave anyways before I actually left. Unfortunately its too late for me to think kindly on Evolution as their members have mostly been sour to me. One of the only few that hasn't is you and another couple of others in there. But even that is not enough to bring me back to Evolution.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    is hunny still in evo? i've told the leader to kick him a million times but he never seems to. why does he house a pedophile?
This discussion has been closed.