People need to stop throwing the word "ks" around.

Options
Kazue - Heavens Tear
Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
People really need to stop throwing the word “kill steal” around. The other day I was leveling my 4x barb with my 9x archer. The barb was set in the air directly above my archer. So my archer picked the most populated mob spot to kill my barb’s quest mob. Since my archer 1-2 shot everything, that spot soon became desolated. And whenever a mob spawns, it’s immediately killed. And load and behold, a barb white and pink chat that I was ksing him. Considering the mob dies before he can even flinch, i didn't bother to respond. If i get the first hit and you can't get the mob from me... the mob will go toward my mob count.
Post edited by Kazue - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You could be, you know, considerate of everyone else since, you know, this isn't a single player game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I could, but i didn't. If i didn't even wait in line for oracle bosses, so i am not going to wait in line for a regular mob. I may be a jerk or he just caught me in a bad mood.
  • Scarletraine - Sanctuary
    Scarletraine - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    exactly, i was leveling my phoenix out on phoenixes in burning heart. there was another venomancer doing he same, were leveling normally, and then all of a sudden i get a PM. could you leave, ur KSing my mobs. so i ignore it, and continue, and she starts to attack whatever i am, in which she so poorly geared she cant out damage me. then she PMs me again, I ASKED U FRIENDLY, Y U NOT GO AWAY? Y R U KSING ME?

me: excuse me? you expect me to acknowledge your existence and abide by your request with such aggresive barbaric tactics to try and prevent me from playing?

her: I ASKED U FRIENDLY! LEAVE NOW, KSING IDIOT.

me: theres plenty here, why cant you share

her: y cant u stop KSing

me: youre attacking my mobs

her: thats not KSing theyre all mine, i on esoterica.

and then she has the gall to tell her faction -i- KS her. as if! shes a total idiot, and selfish. and lo and behold*, if a faction cannot control the idiocy of its members, what business do they have being a faction.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I could, but i didn't. If i didn't even wait in line for oracle bosses, so i am not going to wait in line for a regular mob. I may be a jerk or he just caught me in a bad mood.

I highly doubt they caught you in a bad mood especially in light of the rest of what you just posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    KSers do get annoying...
    tis only KSing if sum1 steals aggro and kills it,and they get teh exp
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I highly doubt they caught you in a bad mood especially in light of the rest of what you just posted.

Probably. Might be the reason why i didn't even respond to him. I play the game how i want. And since in my view, my time is more important then his. I am not going to wait for him. All i am saying is that the word ks gets thrown around too much... enough that it lose all meaning. Sooner or later, people will complain that i am ksing them half way across the map.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Its kind of ironic.

PvP servers are more civilized.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    All i am saying is that the word ks gets thrown around too much... enough that it lose all meaning. Sooner or later, people will complain that i am ksing them half way across the map.

I agree. Kill-stealing is a buzz word that gets used to describe any situation where someone is attacking a monster that you wish they weren't. Much like ninja-looting is used to describe any time someone picks up an item that you wished he hadn't. I have been accused of ninja-looting resource nodes when we both flew toward a node and I got there first. It is like the moment they spot it they assume it is theirs and that anyone that takes it after they spot it is a ninja-looter or kill-stealer. The terms are used because they are highly negative, but they are only so negative because they used to be used in the proper context. Overuse kills their meaning.
  • erethizon1
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Its kind of ironic.

That is highly debatable. I suppose if you think it is more civilized to kill the person that is competing with you than to ask them to leave then sure, they are more civilized.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There's nothing illegal about "ks'ing", so the truth is there's very little you can really do if you're being ks'd and nothing to stop you from ks'ing.

Basically it's a reflection on how decent people are. Sharing mobs and being considerate of others may not get you your exp as fast, so greedy players will ks and push everyone else out in order to get the fastest exp and decent players will be more considerate. Of course, there are exceptions where regardless of how decent you are you find someone being unreasonable.

There's two types of player in an mmo. Those who play to make friends and have new experiences and enjoy the game and those who play to feel as superior as possible to anyone else.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    That is highly debatable. I suppose if you think it is more civilized to kill the person that is competing with you than to ask them to leave then sure, they are more civilized.

Its funny because that thought process is how we remain civilized.

If you know KS'ing someone is going to get you PK'ed you simply dont. If that is too hard to understand then you of course deserve what you get.

Its like playing with fire... If your smart you dont, if you do you can get hurt.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    KSing is indeed overused...

I get snapped at all the time for "KSing" when I'm grinding with herc. He takes on 3-4 mobs at a time but attacks only one so I don't mind if you pull off one he's not attacking and kill it, especially if it's a highly populated area... but I get snapped at too often when he's just turned, say just having killed 1 mob of 2 attacking him, and bashes the 2nd once, that you're just pulling away, and then I take him off, get maybe 15 XP for the bash, and get yelled at for trying to KS, or for KSing outright... Sometimes I miss too, and he's run off because I wasn't looking, typing in whisper/guild chat, and he's hitting your mob... I try to pull my pet off as quick as possible, but I accidently KS :/

Look at your kill count and think before you speak. If your kill count is ticking, you're not being KSed. And people ARE allowed to grind in the same area as you, it's ok.

Of course on the other end, use common courtesy, it's not right to go barging into someone's spawn corner that they've been in for a while and start rudely making them split their spawns when there is a whole host more just behind them, or something. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erethizon1
    edited May 2009
    Options

If you know KS'ing someone is going to get you PK'ed you simply dont. If that is too hard to understand then you of course deserve what you get.

Its like playing with fire... If your smart you dont, if you do you can get hurt.

True, people do not ks, they instead kill the person that they would have ksed. Why waste time trying to ks when you can just stab your competition in the back while he is weak from fighting a monster?
  • ShylahArista - Dreamweaver
    ShylahArista - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Of course on the other end, use common courtesy, it's not right to go barging into someone's spawn corner that they've been in for a while and start rudely making them split their spawns when there is a whole host more just behind them, or something. :/

I totally agree. It can get pretty annoying. When I'm questing, or even grinding for that matter, I try to stick to one small, concentrated area with two-three monsters that I kill as they spawn in, especially considering they spawn in relatively the same area as where they died. Now if someone comes and starts killing those very few monsters I've claimed, then I'll politely ask them to stop, especially considering there are usually plenty of monsters to go around. Now on the flip side, if I realize I've targeted a monster that, for instance, a cleric had targeted and started a spell for, then I will cancel my attack and find another area to quest in.

As for KS-ing, it does happen, but I do think it's thrown around way too much. Nine times outta ten though, it's accidental and shouldn't be made a fuss over. I think if people would just use their common sense a little (which is WAY under-used), then half of these problems could be avoided. My own personal rule of thumb is that if I don't know which of us fired--or even targeted for that matter--first, I cancel my attack. If I know for sure I attacked first and have held aggro for most of the duration of the fight, then I will keep attacking 'til the end, and hope that I'm the one who gets the EXP and the kill and go about my business. Unless they are following me around killing everything I target (and are not in my squad), then I will not make a scene. So bottom-line--God gave you a brain for a reason. Use it! Common sense is your friend in deciding whether you have been KS'd or not. Most likely--it's not!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main IGN: Aleithyia - Assassin
    IGN: Assenah - Mystic

pwidreamweaverguilds.weebly.com

etsy.com/shop/ATimeToRememberPhoto
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    People really need to stop throwing the word “kill steal” around. The other day I was leveling my 4x barb with my 9x archer. The barb was set in the air directly above my archer. So my archer picked the most populated mob spot to kill my barb’s quest mob. Since my archer 1-2 shot everything, that spot soon became desolated. And whenever a mob spawns, it’s immediately killed. And load and behold, a barb white and pink chat that I was ksing him. Considering the mob dies before he can even flinch, i didn't bother to respond. If i get the first hit and you can't get the mob from me... the mob will go toward my mob count.

You know.. you are extreamly... ugh... *sigh*... ugh... inconsiderate.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Its kind of ironic.

So ganking players and killing competeing players characters so you get all the mobs is more "civilized"?

Whatever you say. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

While KSing on the PvE servers are annoying, being pk'd by someone who wants the groups of mobs you are killing is even worse. Lets not forget the added effect of that player probably dropping their equipment when PK'd. With KSing on the PvE server, it is only that, simple KSing with no other hidden problems.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    PvP servers are where the prehistoric cavemen go to play, we on our PvE servers prefer to dine in hell, not in the slums.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    pVP servers are drama havens, i dont see how OP is inconsiderate and out of line. the people who butcher and annotate words away from their modern lexicon are stupid, they use KS like the word noob, its so overly cliche and abused people treat it to any situation and its annoying.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What people should understand is ksing is kill stealing. Means as I am killing the mob you come over and start attacking it and killing it. Now if someone is in the same area as you and starts killing mobs as if they never seen you farming there the past two hours, I find it rude as well. Pw makes it so there is many area's to go for mobs that we dont have to be on top of each other. The fact that you can fight the same mobs just a distant away and yet you come near me means that you come too annoy me point blank. Or like some they can't play their character well without dying so they wait till i hit it agro it and than Ks it. However if that is how they want to play thats fine but dont expect my healer to res you or heal you if i ever have to party with you. ^ ^ Or somehow i fly up and as your hitting the mob it attacks you and you die.
  • Lycanclaw - Heavens Tear
    Lycanclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    what i've noticed is some psycho-grind monkeys just attack everything around them even if theres players allready on it. not naming anyone but theres a cleric on the heavens tear server thats at the foxwings above desert of echoes, south of city of the lost.. and they sit there for hours (or days? :s) non-stop hacking into every single foxwing ..I pm'd them to see why and got an auto response "Alt+H and ctrl something = grind x 2" not too sure what but.. i guess they got everything hidden and cant see other people. so sometimes they arent aware they are stealing kills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    We at least solve our KS problems the old fashioned way...

Yes, our methods are brutal... but heck, it's a ton of fun b:cool!

Anyhow, PvE Servers civilized lol? I suppose having to complain to other players about KSing and having "ownership" of mobs is just about as civilized as people owning slaves. Except you know, the slaves are just like mobs.....

Anyhow, PvP Servers let the mobs to be freely slain and butchered and we follow a natural more balanced way to solve our problems through the prospect of owning your ****. It does keep order and make us all happy sharing mobs (either happy or dead). Too bad all you can do is complain and argue b:chuckle

Trust me, I rather have the "non-civilized" method.... because I know it is actually enforced rather than your "civilized" method which many people can just ignore.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lol Balanced?

Since when did balance equal constantly buying GAs so you won't lose your equipment just in case somebody decides to come and PK you and take your group of mobs? Don't need the cost of GAs + an ugly **** repair bill + potions/ charms.

Yeah thats balance for you lol. No GAs = your equips going to some noob that pk'd you and stole your group of mobs.

No thanks. I rather argue, much more fun that way and don't have to worry about losing anything. :)

I mean come on, you call yourself a troll, making someone pissed by messing with their heads should be your specialty. Simply pking them and being on your merry way is boring. =(
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    zephyr isnt a troll, hes just what in the oldies days would call a wise guy, or what we modernly know as a smart mouth or smart **** lol. there to make those snide sarcastic comments, with a little pinch of truth to them. pro trolls are people like zoe, who are so ignorant to how well they troll with their idiocy haha.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited May 2009
    Options
    zoe is funny though. watched him gloat about hitting 47k with triple fury+heaven dragon+holy ironwood

lol

of the same level and gears, a mage hits nearly 70k with that combo
  • Stupidus - Heavens Tear
    Stupidus - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    From all the classes in this PWI, I hate archers the most. You are the greathest and anoying ksers in pwe humping around in blue names like idiots.

And why are you writeing here anyway? you say you ks everything but omg he hurt your feeling saying to stop ksing and now you decided to make a topic in forum.

poor heartbroken archer b:cry
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Why players don't squad up I will never know as it is hard to find boss squads outside of dungeons.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    exactly, i was leveling my phoenix out on phoenixes in burning heart. there was another venomancer doing he same, were leveling normally, and then all of a sudden i get a PM. could you leave, ur KSing my mobs. so i ignore it, and continue, and she starts to attack whatever i am, in which she so poorly geared she cant out damage me. then she PMs me again, I ASKED U FRIENDLY, Y U NOT GO AWAY? Y R U KSING ME?

me: excuse me? you expect me to acknowledge your existence and abide by your request with such aggresive barbaric tactics to try and prevent me from playing?

her: I ASKED U FRIENDLY! LEAVE NOW, KSING IDIOT.

me: theres plenty here, why cant you share

her: y cant u stop KSing

me: youre attacking my mobs

her: thats not KSing theyre all mine, i on esoterica.

If thats EXACTLY how she said it, she sounds like a typical European (lol just kidding)b:thanks
    aw man, I cant even quote prooperly...... how embarrassing....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The other day I was leveling my 4x barb with my 9x archer. The barb was set in the air directly above my archer.

WTH is that? Two accounts??? On the same PC??? and you have the nerve to complain?

You are illegally running 2 accounts, plus KS'ing other players WTH do you think you are? What next, you'll complain about not being able to **** other people's account? GTFO for pete's sake, it's freaks like you that kills this game. Sheesh...
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    WTH is that? Two accounts??? On the same PC??? and you have the nerve to complain?

You are illegally running 2 accounts, plus KS'ing other players WTH do you think you are? What next, you'll complain about not being able to **** other people's account? GTFO for pete's sake, it's freaks like you that kills this game. Sheesh...

trueb:scorn