Comments

• Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    "One word" from me~

"Venos are uberpowered" WRONG!
    "Venos with Herc&Phoenixes are uberpowered"--> AGREE
    and..
    venos without pets aren't any that good like mag...I don't know why my friend still QQ when I beat his **** in duel(6:0 b:laugh) with my Safly, he always spamming me like "this isn't fair, u have pet!" Oh, sorry that I have pet in duel and I using it, but I'm damn veno! Halooo? b:bye
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Mistigris - Heavens Tear
    Mistigris - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't think of venos as OP as much as I think most of them (us) are just jerks in PvE playing. I've played every other class at least a bit (and I'm currently in love with my barb) and I've always hated the other venos around me. Even as a veno. Not because the class is OP, but because so many venos seem to have no respect for other players. I've been followed around by venos who attack every mob I do after I've started, even when I stop and stand still not attacking anything just in case it's a coincidence, giving them a chance to chose mobs first. They've just stood there waiting until I start again and continue following me around. Many venos don't seem to understand the concept of stowing a pet. Many of the times a veno has actually stopped attacking the same mobs as me, they've left their pet attacking. What's the point of stopping your attacks if your mag/herc/nix etc is still attacking? There are other things venos have done to me repeatedly that other classes haven't, but right now I can't remember them because I need more coffee.

As a veno, I try to make up for my class-mates' behaviour. If I hit a mob about the same time someone else, I stow my pet and apologize even if my hit actually connected slightly before theirs. I never attack one mob while letting my pet take out another. I rarely let my pet take out a mob while I mine, but rather take the mob out with my pet first. I don't level my pets up on quest mobs. I'm still called a "ks-ing veno *****" by people when I'm not even near them.

I think the anti-veno sentiment is far more driven by the bad behaviour of a lot of venos than by any possible OP they may have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    images by ForsakenX
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    "One word" from me~

"Venos are uberpowered" WRONG!
    "Venos with Herc&Phoenixes are uberpowered"--> AGREE
    and..
    venos without pets aren't any that good like mag...I don't know why my friend still QQ when I beat his **** in duel(6:0 b:laugh) with my Safly, he always spamming me like "this isn't fair, u have pet!" Oh, sorry that I have pet in duel and I using it, but I'm damn veno! Halooo? b:bye

I agree with you to some extent. So I'll change it to venos with Herc and Nix. But yeah I never duel venos anymore unless I'm bored, I pk them otherwise, Phoenix or not. That bramble hood in duels is a pain in the **** lol. If he thought having a pet attack too wasn't fair why would he accept a duel in the first place? b:chuckle Sounds like he's just making up an excuse for losing a duel lol.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    As a veno, I try to make up for my class-mates' behaviour. If I hit a mob about the same time someone else, I stow my pet and apologize even if my hit actually connected slightly before theirs.

Good for you b:victory It's helpful to change the fact that all venos KS because they can.

I never attack one mob while letting my pet take out another. I rarely let my pet take out a mob while I mine, but rather take the mob out with my pet first.

Why? If you're using the pet to clear the mine, why not mine it while the pet fights? Saves time. That's just using your class wisely. Now, if you see someone else clearing the mine and you go in and take it, that is bad.

[...]

I think the anti-veno sentiment is far more driven by the bad behaviour of a lot of venos than by any possible OP they may have.

I think you're fairly correct. The issue is mainly, NOT that venos are terribly overpowered or that every other class is totally useless, but that some venos with legendary pets believe that the nix/herc is their "certificate of game ownership." And there are people are what is making it bad for the rest of us. It takes only one bad person for people to make a nasty generalization about a whole group.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    -Alter Marrow Magical = increase mdef but severely lowers pdef. Which makes the pets hits even harder. -Please tell me how this is an opinion.
    -not everyone has a phoenix that hurts like hell.

-We have two movement speed buffs that both last for 15 seconds. -Please tell me how that is an opinion.
    -nobody said it was stupid, the words under said 'enough time to catch a kiter'
    jumping/running doesnt effect **** when you catch up, roar, and theyre stunned mid air.

-Phoenix has high movement speed. -Please tell me how that is an opinion.
    no one said it was?

-Venos can have charms equipped. -Please tell me how that is an opinion.
    useless when stunned.

-Veno's movement buff lasts much longer than a BM's. -Please tell me how that is an opinion.
    our movement buff increases our running speed by 25% until 89, where any veno under 89 will be running approx 6.1 m/s. your buffs make you run way faster, i believe one is 15m/s is it not?

-BMs = close combat. -Please tell me how that is an opinion.
    well no duh! if you cant get in close youre doing something wrong!

-BM aoe stuns last for seconds. -Please tell me how that is an opinion.
    plenty of time to kill them without a charm going off, unless theyre LA or heavy. if you cannot do so, you suck as a BM or are not axes.
    you apparently didnt readalot of ****, and can make up alllllll the bull you want. this is paper, meta game, not real PVP. nothing goes as simulated or discussed, you can name every possible little thing a veno can do, but face it! this isnt metagame, it cant be a situational predictability with an easy outcome every time! its too variable ****. so, instead of sitting there and explaining this to you, ill let you be a fail BM, because you cant kill lame venomancers. heavy armor builds can take the bleed too >_>
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited May 2009
    and youre an even bigger idiot, the 'beehive' is the map name for CUBE OF FATE where you get the melee mastery pages for it dumb ****. like i said, quit making things up, you obviously know nothing

i don't play pwi, so i have to use a database to translate the names you use. i translated "cube of fate" into beehive, which is why i said that. why bicker about it?

friend has the book, as well as a few other 92 skill books, and maybe a new one this coming weekend

just because your server fails to do things others do at an elementary level doesn't mean you should doubt them b:bye
    edited May 2009
    theres a ton of level 92 demon / sage books all 3 of the servers dont have, if someone has one, people know about it >_>. you have yet to prove any of this.

-melee fox
    -heavy armor
    -magically has alot of the cube/RB delta sage skills
    -but doesnt have sage fox form
    -doesnt use skills to attack people
    -but magically has a ton of PATK

thats a waste of a venomancer to just go up to something and **** it to death with a weapon without skills. thats not even going to kill someone, let alone make them scared in PVP. 'oyes cuz phoenix can do dis and dis!" like that means a thing. FYI alot of fox moves are killer in PVP. stop hp/MP/chi regen, position locks, HP leeches, amplify damage, removing buffs, -70% accuracy, etc. ****

go back to your stupid my en and stay there
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    you apparently didnt readalot of ****, and can make up alllllll the bull you want. this is paper, meta game, not real PVP. nothing goes as simulated or discussed, you can name every possible little thing a veno can do, but face it! this isnt metagame, it cant be a situational predictability with an easy outcome every time! its too variable ****. so, instead of sitting there and explaining this to you, ill let you be a fail BM, because you cant kill lame venomancers. heavy armor builds can take the bleed too >_>

I never said it turns out that way every time...looks like you're being a hypocrite now. Being called a fail BM by you doesn't really mean much considering how easily you lose it. And again, I never said it's impossible to kill a veno that runs away with her pet still attacking. I was just explaining how difficult it can be to do so.

Go see a therapist little black pot.b:bye
    edited May 2009
    then go practice your BM.
    and FYI O: i see one three times a week already and take an anger management course :).
    they dont work
  • prof
    edited May 2009
    theres a ton of level 92 demon / sage books all 3 of the servers dont have, if someone has one, people know about it >_>. you have yet to prove any of this.

-melee fox
    -heavy armor
    -magically has alot of the cube/RB delta sage skills
    -but doesnt have sage fox form
    -doesnt use skills to attack people
    -but magically has a ton of PATK

thats a waste of a venomancer to just go up to something and **** it to death with a weapon without skills. thats not even going to kill someone, let alone make them scared in PVP. 'oyes cuz phoenix can do dis and dis!" like that means a thing. FYI alot of fox moves are killer in PVP. stop hp/MP/chi regen, position locks, HP leeches, amplify damage, removing buffs, -70% accuracy, etc. ****

go back to your stupid my en and stay there

+120% patk doesn't add up to a lot? :S

the holy fox form seems to be a ***** to come by, we've run fb89 a million and a half times to come out empty handed. i have books for when i get my fairy, and i'm still 88! hah.

wf isn't useless as heavy, and she carries a hh60 magic sword until she can get enough int to use the hh70(we discussed the 70 molder, we figured the pdef isn't worth it seeing as she's heavy anyways). that weapon is obviously for skills, and again, i never said she didn't have/use any. stop assuming

hp steal skill isn't actually worth using in pvp. +600 hp assuming it's successful over 10 seconds isn't exactly a life saver when you have over 6k hp base. the most she uses is the -accuracy, and mp leak

curses aren't counted as fox build skills, as mage fox uses them as well. though technically they are fox skills, nobody acknowledges them as such. debuff and amp are basically all she uses though, since curses don't stack

phoenix > you and your int built self
    edited May 2009
    never said she had no skills, simply that she didn't need them
    mage wf isn't a build in pvp,
    weak wr vs. 30k+ pdef when she gets holy fox
    +120% patk doesn't add up to a lot? :S
    oh now shes heavy with a magic weapon, like TT60 has any patk to even do considerable damage haha. you make it seem like shes a melee build and now its 'o shes heavy FF with a magic weapon'
    obviously for skills, and again, i never said she didn't have/use any
    read above, 'she simply didnt need them'.
    curses aren't counted as fox build skills, as mage fox uses them as well. though technically they are fox skills, nobody acknowledges them as such. debuff and amp are basically all she uses though, since curses don't stack
    some of them do indeed work together, such as stunning blow can be used with amp. , befuddling mist does as well, theyre not curses, theyre general debuffs.
    hp steal skill isn't actually worth using in pvp.
    leech saves mages.
    phoenix > you and your int built self
    i bet i could one shot your idiot friend with a sage spark.

go back to your **** my-en and take your made up friend with you
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    then go practice your BM.
    and FYI O: i see one three times a week already and take an anger management course :).
    they dont work

There's no need for me to practice on my BM, I'm doing just fine with him kthx. Again, I would not think twice about taking advice from someone who's blinded with anger so easily that they have a hard time understanding another's point of view. b:bye

Maybe you should consider leaving the forums, that may be the reason why it isn't working. You're spending a lot of time raging at necro'd threads and people that don't agree with you on subjects being discussed, no wonder it's not working.b:chuckle
  • prof
    edited May 2009
    fyi newgen: she can't even use the axes in fox form. they're for humanoid form. the hh60 weapon is for when she is in fox form. you'd know that if you knew how to play your class

1 hit 8k+ hp buffed with a mage wf, ok b:bye
    edited May 2009
    who said this is about people disagreeing with me? its about people like -you- who think their way is correct.

you're the one basing off some nasty generalization that my class is so evil and unbalanced and makes gameplay unfair. that is a derogotory stereotype, and your garbage doesnt prove otherwise. im not blinded by anything, do you see who started this mess, with your stupid biased opinion off -rumors- that venomancers are overpowered? no, they arent, its a handful of forum complainers who made that up, theyre countable on your fingers.
    hard time understanding another's point of view.
    wow, hypocrit much, i called you out because i had the varied opinion, and called yours wrong. but now youre the victim here and im the one whos 'blinded' to points of views? excuse me, i had the different -point of view- to begin with, and clearly refuted yours many times over. in which numerous times you either repeated yourself, or made opinions, and made up situational bull **** that would never happen in real pvp.

if you cannot kill a venomancer, or prove its overpowered, we have no more case here. you lose, game over, the end. no point in arguing with someone who cant even build a case and bring further evidence into it after.
    edited May 2009
    prof wrote: »
    fyi newgen: she can't even use the axes in fox form. they're for humanoid form. the hh60 weapon is for when she is in fox form. you'd know that if you knew how to play your class

1 hit 8k+ hp buffed with a mage wf, ok b:bye
    and youre just plain stupid yet again.

it was assumed she used them because you said she has no use for skills, and didnt magically bring in this 'TT60' weapon until the next day. i already 2 shot 8k BMs with double spark, just wait till we stack a bleed with a 750% increase on an matk breaking 6k unbuffed.

since i have a thread with a **** in imaginationland making up venos, and a fail BM who thinks im over powered, this thread gets a fork. its done
  • prof
    edited May 2009
    you're ignoring everything i said and changing it to fit your own personal ideas. you're starting to sound a lot like zoe, yano. i said she doesn't need skills, it's true, she doesn't. she doesn't even need to ****ing attack, the phoenix does more damage than any wf build. the only class the damned chicken can't solo is a wb with 14k~ hp, and even then it ticks the hell out of his hiero

you must be pure int to be hititng that much damage? i assume so, so you're obviously just some random 1 shot, nonfactor in your own server. sanctuary? another pve server. go figure.

why is every wf advocate on this forum from a pve server?
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    who said this is about people disagreeing with me? its about people like -you- who think their way is correct.

you're the one basing off some nasty generalization that my class is so evil and unbalanced and makes gameplay unfair. that is a derogotory stereotype, and your garbage doesnt prove otherwise. im not blinded by anything, do you see who started this mess, with your stupid biased opinion off -rumors- that venomancers are overpowered? no, they arent, its a handful of forum complainers who made that up, theyre countable on your fingers.

Nice assumption but no.
    Nope, I'm basing it off what I've seen in-game, done in duels, AND read on the forums. As I have said before venos have the best of both world which should not be.

Also from the time I've been here to now, I've seen way more people complaining about the Nix than you say there are. Look who's making up bull **** now.

Now had you not started with the flame baiting maybe I'd try to see it your way, but no you must rage before using common sense yes? You may need to go see the therapist more than 3 times a week.

wow, hypocrit much, i called you out because i had the varied opinion, and called yours wrong. but now youre the victim here and im the one whos 'blinded' to points of views? excuse me, i had the different -point of view- to begin with, and clearly refuted yours many times over. in which numerous times you either repeated yourself, or made opinions, and made up situational bull **** that would never happen in real pvp.

Yes because you know everything that goes on in fights between players right? I repeated myself in hopes of you finally using common sense.

if you cannot kill a venomancer, or prove its overpowered, we have no more case here. you lose, game over, the end. no point in arguing with someone who cant even build a case and bring further evidence into it after.

Are you saying you brought evidence? You've brought nothing but words and your rage to the table little black pot. So what you've said is basically garbage as well. You haven't proven anything, which is why I've yet to change my point of view on venos with a phoenix. I refuse to repeat myself about killing a veno >_>. Learn 2 read without raging first k?

10 characters ftl ;(
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2009

thats a waste of a venomancer to just go up to something and **** it to death with a weapon without skills. thats not even going to kill someone, let alone make them scared in PVP.

Lol have you ever played a heavy veno from level 1 to a high level before?
    It's actually not a waste at all. You got the pdef and your pet for more protection and an added damage. If you play it right you die less than a regular veno. You'll have high health (if you're getting the best out of it) and hit like a regular bm (without any skills).

The only magic you usually use is heal/tame/revive/bramble/bramble hood
    Level those skills up and you're good. (At least if you know how to play good)

If pet is low on health simply unequp weapon, heal, then equip weapon and go back to killing the mob.

mag def is lower than regular venos but with the pet that is a balance. (For me anyways. I got it working out.)

Fox form is iffy. You can use it to increase your def but you already have a good pdef. Unequip weapon, turn to fox, do debuffs, turn back to human, equip weapon and slaughter.

You have a caster + pet + physical damage (plus magic damage if you wanna use it) = not a waste. I find it to be a pretty good build. It works for meb:laughb:pleased.

The best build is what the player makes of it. So you shouldn't say it is a waste because it doesn't work out for you. It may work for someone else.

And of course this isn't an overpowered build. I still get beat up by good playing barbs and good playing bms (you blademasters really over do your stuns lol). I haven't dualed with them with my pet though. I believe it would be a bit unfair with 2 vs 1. And again, I do die just not as often. An overpowered person is someone who cannot be defeated/killed.

As for PVP I'm on Heavens Tear so I don't know how exactly that will go down. I would like to try but I'm going to stay on HT for a bit longer. I tend to like the drama lol.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • prof
    edited May 2009
    a heavy wf in this server? i was beginning to think all wf here were pve pros b:surrender yay for heavens tear.

also, she does have magic skills, though only 2 does she actually use(and leveled passed 3):

"Megalith Parasite"

2 second stun, doesn't fail, doesn't miss

invaluable in pvp and pve alike.

"Parasite Nova"

8 second seal, chance to freeze, and does a considerable amount of damage, even for her.

but you wouldn't know anything about that, using your holy fury at level 88 b:shutup
    edited May 2009
    kitten, theres a big difference between a fox form heavy build and a caster heavy, which are you? a heavy armored caster is plenty viable. this guys just changing his story to make it fit the situation.

infact, heavy casters can wear the 89 legendary, while maintaining TT90 armor. she wouldnt need a stupid TT60.

you said specifically she doesnt use skills, because she relies on a chicken. chicken is not an end all solution to everything like said before.

you keep mentioning her patk., and that she has no need for skills, whats one to assume? shes using melee moves?

even with the bonus equipment value % on her patk, with a magic weapon from the 60s, thats not nearly enough to have 'more than most classes' like you claim.

cube/RB delta sage books are extremely rare, she cant magically have alot of them, yet not have one of the most common ones. thats just plain **** backwards.

and you keep saying you dont play PWI, and keep using malaysian terms. if this so called made up friend of yours is on MY-EN, then it has no validity here. talk is cheap, go prove your friends existence
  • prof
    edited May 2009
    i give up. obviously i'm not getting anywhere beating you in the head with a shovel, something heavier wont help. fury spark at 86, what a load b:bye

and, lol, using the 89 molder at 90 with hh90 green? jesus. we're not all heavy cash shop users, yano.

http://pwcalc.ru/my/?char=c4b7c106eb155935

get all that, then restat to use it? my god. do you have any idea of what kind of money that set up is worth? if you want to use magic, don't use heavy. simple as that.
    edited May 2009
    because making **** up isnt profitable right?

dont change your story for convience, prove the friend exists :). thats all were lookin for.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    prof wrote: »
    i give up. obviously i'm not getting anywhere beating you in the head with a shovel, something heavier wont help. fury spark at 86, what a load b:bye

and, lol, using the 89 molder at 90 with hh90 green? jesus. we're not all heavy cash shop users, yano.

http://pwcalc.ru/my/?char=c4b7c106eb155935

get all that, then restat to use it? my god. do you have any idea of what kind of money that set up is worth? if you want to use magic, don't use heavy. simple as that.

Now you are just making stuff up, there are a number of heavy venos that do just that at 90. They don't claim it's not a PITA to restat and find gear with enough +stats to make it work, but if you can make it work, I hear heavy caster venos are WTFPWN. And restats aren't *that* expensive, certainly not as expensive as refining gear. You just have to have a plan and not randomly restat for every +4 STR neck you find.

Check veno forums if you don't believe me. Reference: HT's Obsessed and Reikara (not quite 90 but has a plan from what I see, a damn good one), LC's Firefly (Is it with or without a "P"?), to name three well-known ones.

It's not a popular build by far simply because it's such a PITA, but it is a totally viable one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    edited May 2009
    pita?

i'm not making stuff up. those gears aren't easily obtained, and the bonus on those items in the link are all at maximum. ASSUMING you can get all of those gears, all with max stats, and then restat, sure. it'll work. but you still don't need it as a heavy wf. heavy is not a caster build, and they don't "wtfpwn" with magic. seeing as wf magic is the weakest in the game, gimping it beyond normal and then trying to use it wont make it better.

light wf is good for magic, try that. the only reason you would work so hard for the 89 molder is so you could do more damage in fox because of the higher base patk and refine rate
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Pain in the ****. I'm lazy.

They do EXACTLY the same damage as an LA veno at 90, and the WTFPWN is something of an observation. Do you ever see someone going OMFG ROBE VENO RUN FOR THE HILLS? No.

I've seen OMFG HEAVY VENO said plenty of times, usually with just that inflection and excessive use of capital letters. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    edited May 2009
    similar damage i will agree, base damage for wf is almost non accounted for. i over looked that, my mistake. however, with 4/6 classes using magic attacks(5/6 if you count fist wr, 6/6 if you count that and wb fire skill), it doesn't give you any kind of advantage :S

maybe it lets people who don't know you hit you with physical without realizing they're hitting null.
    edited May 2009
    heavy is not a caster build, and they don't "wtfpwn" with magic.
    wrong.

thats the whole point of having the stupid phoenix.
    one hits hard physical, the other hits HARDER with magic. scarabs hurt way more than fox form moves

and only 3/6 use magic, archers dont count
  • prof
    edited May 2009
    mage is all magic, pyro tempest half physical

priest is balanced, plume and feather being physical

wf has 2 trees, physical and magic

archer has an entire tree for magic, and a fire buff that adds fire to their attack. they do count

first wr has an ultimate that adds fire damage to its attack

wb has a dot skill that does fire damage

every class uses magic.
    edited May 2009
    elemental damage is not magic damage.
    adding elemental shards onto weapons proves this. they dont add to my magic damage at all, only saphires do.
  • prof
    edited May 2009
    actually, using elemental stones on a physical weapon does make it do elemental(you know, magic) damage. however small, and generally overlooked, it does a small bit of that to whatever element. tested and proven.

mage has a buff that makes physical classes do additional water damage. have you ever been in fb99? a hidden boss, generally overlooked, far off in the corner, is immune to physical damage(and deals some pretty epic physical damage, go figure);

mage buffs wb > wb can do damage and tank