faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Exactly! YOU WIN!

This was the first thing i thought of. Genies to me are just extra pet skills...GREAT for BOSSES!

Don't forget TT's and FB's. Say you accidentally get wayyyyyy too many mobs... A few people with Holy Path can help the entire party GTFO. Plus, several, several other skills for Healing, and buffing and debuffing... A friend of mine is 63 now, soloing TT1-1, using the Genie Amp to crush Bosses in record time. b:laugh

Now that I've done more research on the genies, I've discovered a lovely thing. Don't try to have genies with both Str and Dex... It'll end in pain. Get two genies, preferably ones that focus on each attribute, and pump it up! Have a buff/debuff genie, and an attack genie. Doesn't take much to switch them. I mean, sure, you have to wait for the energy regen, and it might be a bit of a pain to level them both, but, really, you don't have to have an UBER HIGH level genie to get some effectiveness out of them. Even level 1 skills are more than you used to have. b:pleased
  • Glacierfairy - Sanctuary
    Glacierfairy - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, my fellow gamer, if you think that the genies are uselss except for pking, then you are very wrong. Far from being useless, they actually helped to augment PvE gameplay by a considerable amount. I can even rattle a few examples for you:

1) If you are low on health and out of pots, or you just want a quick heal, there is the Tree of Protection spell, which rapidly heals you. And it is obtainable very early.

2) Feel that that particular boss/elite mob too difficult to kill? Well, there is the Extreme Poison spell. For only 4 wood affinity points (to learn), you can amplify your damage by 20%. And the best thing is, once casted, it benefits whoever who is fighting the same boss/elite mob!

3)When you (or your teammates) are deep inside any dungeons and/or wide open spaces, and then you are surrounded by mobs which would **** you (and your teammates) if you don't run, there's always Holy Path for you. Maximum movement speed for a few seconds!

4) If one guy, down in a FB, is on the verge of dying (having unwittingly attracted way too many mobs), the Barabarian of the group (or indeed any body with decent hp) can save his day by casting Alpha Male to draw the aggro off all the monsters towards him while letting the rest of the group to tidy up the mob.

I'm sure many other people can tell you more benefits of genies in PvE than my impromptu list above. To dismiss genies as an epic failure almost straightaway only goes to show you have not bothered to study it deep enough. If you are dissatisfied with the direction the game is heading to, please air your grievances elsewhere, instead of lambasting this new untested (relatively...) system. So, to end off, I'll like to quote some insights from a player who posted in the forums of the Chinese version of PW (hope nobody mind my half-baked translation :P):

I (that poster) am actually pretty hopeful about the genies personally, because previously, the skills available to each class are fixed, and any veteran player should be able to know these skills by the back of their hand, so much so that they will be able to accurately guess the skills their opponent will utilise. But with the introduction of the genies, players are suddenly thrusted with many more spells to utilise from, and since the set of skills learnt varies from player to player, it has now become impossible to guess which skills the other party are going to use. In addition, most of the genie skills are instantaneous in terms of casting, thus allowing them to be casted at any time, including stunning or silencing, and this will test the reaction speed of any player greatly, forcing them to concentrate more. I believe with the introduction of the genies, pking will become more fun and interesting, FB runs will also become much more efficient.

Source: http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1235164&extra=page%3D1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It's sad really when this game has so much promise of being something else other than a run of the mill Cash sucking WOW clone.

Actually if anything is a clone, wow is a PW clone. PW is older after all kid do your research ;)
    I read it somewhere x.x
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Actually if anything is a clone, wow is a PW clone. PW is older after all kid do your research ;)

WoW is an EQ clone. From my understanding some of those devs came from EQ. <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    WoW is generally for the Brainless.

It's like Runescape for Dummies with a twist b:thanks
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    WoW is generally for the Brainless.

It's like Runescape for Dummies with a twist b:thanks

Perfect World is nothing of the sort, it's full of WoW dummies. Take the people for example who can't figure out a reason other than pvp that the genies are out. It's just too complex for them. That is where WoW comes in.b:bye
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    WoW is an EQ clone. From my understanding some of those devs came from EQ. <.<

EQ II rulez except for being P2P Russian version of it was good b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sellen - Harshlands
    Sellen - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I dislike stamina... and its costly to have a genie but think about it... you COULD have nothing if you want right? and even if you cant use the genies all the time cause of stamina its more help than you did have right? be happy I am and my genie is so cute!