What don't you like about PWI?

Options
1235»

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The difference is those acronyms are obvious enough that you won't generally need an explanation, acronyms like TT and FB are not obvious, nor are terms like tabber, it took me an hour of hunting around to figure out that tabber means the person with the tablet. They should just say leader.
    learn to ask instead of being the selfish who knows everything, that easy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The difference is those acronyms are obvious enough that you won't generally need an explanation, acronyms like TT and FB are not obvious, nor are terms like tabber, it took me an hour of hunting around to figure out that tabber means the person with the tablet. They should just say leader.

No no. You missed my point completely.
    There are many acronyms used in industries that aren't obvious.
    I picked an obvious one to prove the point of how silly NOT using acronyms is.
    Another one would be FMEA instead of Failure mode and effects analysis. In many engineering professions, people would think you're a noob if you didn't know what FMEA was.

My point is that people use acronyms all the time because it makes things more efficient.
    AND they use it as a barrier for noobs. So if you go through life getting mad at people for using acronyms or judging people for not knowing them, you're going to have a tough life. You need to learn them and ask people what they mean to fit in at whatever thing it is that you're doing.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I did ask, and never got an answer.
    No no. You missed my point completely.
    There are many acronyms used in industries that aren't obvious.
    I picked an obvious one to prove the point of how silly NOT using acronyms is.
    Another one would be FMEA instead of Failure mode and effects analysis. In many engineering professions, people would think you're a noob if you didn't know what FMEA was.

My point is that people use acronyms all the time because it makes things more efficient.
    AND they use it as a barrier for noobs. So if you go through life getting mad at people for using acronyms or judging people for not knowing them, you're going to have a tough life. You need to learn them and ask people what they mean to fit in at whatever thing it is that you're doing. I'm just saying.

As far as I'm concerned efficiency is just an excuse for laziness, it would take all of three seconds to type out whatever it is TT stands for, and leader takes exactly as long to type out as tabber, the only difference being that "Leader keeps drops." is way more obvious than "Tabber keeps drops."
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nothing to hate about the game.
    Everything to hate about some players.
    A games only as good as the community.

you got it right there!! its people who can make or break the game....and excpt for a few, there is a huge number who are out there with this 'all for me, to hell with you' mindset. someone on another thread was talking about taking a step back, relaxing, and trying to get back to the simpler things of the game, to go back to enjoying it, rather than grinding and worrying about that next goal. i do that....take pets i have out, and level them on things that i can take out in on hit. its neat then, to watch the 'kids' come running back to me with the level up sparkles swirling around them...

or taking out my lv44 cleric,flying to areas where newer players are struggling through their quests, and dropping buffs and rez on them, or dropping down and shooting things that used to scare me. its a way to remind myself how far i have come, though i have a long way to go, at least i have accomplished this much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Tdrhi - Dreamweaver
    Tdrhi - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Sleekit - Heavens Tear
    Sleekit - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lawl at the 9000 acronym noob typing war posts.
  • kaboro
    kaboro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    New to the game but there are a few things i dont like:

1. My main gripe is that several classes are female-only or male-only, why not have a male venomancer for example.
    2. Overcrowded, need more servers
    3. Itemization seems to be lacking, and crafting is unimpressive too.
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The servers isn't overcrowded. Just look at Wasteland.
  • Sihing - Sanctuary
    Sihing - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The theme of "get rich or GTFO"
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    rurik if u don't like how we type in english I would suggest u to send a ticket to the fellow GMs and ask them to permit us to use our native languages

after that I can properly write down in my language and u can translate with google if u really care

rurik's a troll u cant say anything w/ out him bashing u.b:chuckle
  • cobraj
    cobraj Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the amount of grinding u will need to do is what i dislike the most. there is no real major team event for experience gain that u can run constant, rebirth is nice and all but its the type for specific people who knows what they are doing.

i know an mmo that have team quests every few hr. when its time players just need to push a button to sign up, there are limited slots for each, but there are multiple ones happening simultaneously. then once its full everyone who is in get teleported into the instance. usually its a group of 15 people, max squad size there is 5 so 3 squad of 5. usually its basically just go through the map and kill the boss, but there are usually tricks involved. theres ones that require u to clear all mobs for some door opens 2 the next area. theres survival type maps(every quest is time restricted). at the completion of the entire thing everyone thats in the instance gets a set exp reward and a little box containing some random item or equipment. every quest is lvl restricted so higher lvl cant go breeze through lower lvl quest for free exp.

personally i think that setup is 1 of the best i seen, it gives everyone a chance to do something else to gain exp except grinding. it provides events where people have to work together to finish. since the events are server wide signup, its random people u have to work with so well meet some new peeps and its not limited like FBs where u need someone with tab to get decent exp and well... u get only 1 set of tab per toon.

in this game i see alot of solo grinding, and just running FB/rebirth with the same peeps. beginners or people outside of a decent faction are basically cut out of the rebirth since they dont have the connections. TT runs likewise need a group of people, and well its hard to get a tt run if u dont know people already. FB runs, well... u get limited amount and its mostly kepted in faction or u need a group of friends and spam worldchat. so it ends up, get a large group of friends or join a good faction but even then, its just grind grind grind at 86+
    I would really like to know what game you are referring to,it interested me that there is a game like that out there
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i dont like that pwi has threads like this with negativity b:laugh
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    How they keep randomly changing stat configurations for genie skills!
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • bloblette
    bloblette Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pretty much everything to do with development of the game: bugs everywhere, slow fixes if they come at all, incomplete patch notes, no direct communication with the dev team, no prior warning on changes other than content packs.

The crappy AH.

The total dependancy on cash shop items to remain competative.
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bloblette wrote: »
    Pretty much everything to do with development of the game: bugs everywhere, slow fixes if they come at all, incomplete patch notes, no direct communication with the dev team, no prior warning on changes other than content packs.

The crappy AH.

have you ever played any other game?
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    shlomo2 wrote: »
    have you ever played any other game?

A mouse stay in an ant kingdom does not make the mouse a giant.
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ilystah wrote: »
    A mouse stay in an ant kingdom does not make the mouse a giant.

Not a good comparison. He/she complains mostly about things in which PW excels.
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    oh c'mon

it took weeks to fix the barb bug (running in place) cuz the devs couldn't even reproduce it while 80% of the barb population was pissed by it

it wasn't really efficient
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloblette
    edited September 2009
    Options

This forces me to question if you have every played any other game. Most other games as commercially successful as PWI put bugfixes before new content, put out complete changelogs and has accountability for who says what. MMOs, particularly those marketed as F2P from asia, suck in these respects but that isnt an excuse for PWI to suck here too.

You also quoted the AH comment. The AH is terrible. An example of a good AH would be the market in EVE online.
  • PandaPest - Heavens Tear
    PandaPest - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hmm, I think the reset scroll idea is okay. But, there are a few things I'd change:
    1. I think there should be customization options for Barbarians.
    2. setting up catshops should be limited to "shopping malls" or specific zones.
    3. pigments are poorly implemented (such a pain in the **** - many good suggestions on how to do it better in other posts), otherwise cash shop is pretty good.
    4. flying swords, so strange to me (but I guess magic carpets aren't an asian theme...)

I disagree with #2... I wanna set up a cat store anywhere.. anytime.. I want to be THE catstore.. out in the middle of nowhere.. on top of a tree.. selling potions right smack near a high level mob site... Muhaha

I do agree that pigments need either an overhaul, some serious tweaking, or a bit easier implementation.

Hey! Magic carpets! Great Idea!
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    bloblette wrote: »
    This forces me to question if you have every played any other game. Most other games as commercially successful as PWI put bugfixes before new content, put out complete changelogs

You haven't played many MMO's have you? These are the two most common/generic complaints I've ever seen about pretty much every game.
  • bloblette
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You haven't played many MMO's have you? These are the two most common/generic complaints I've ever seen about pretty much every game.

Nice work reading my entire post. The very next sentence was "MMOs, particularly those marketed as F2P from asia, suck in these respects but that isnt an excuse for PWI to suck here too. "
  • zabuzamumochi
    zabuzamumochi Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned efficiency is just an excuse for laziness

This point is exrememly bad.If it werent for laziness and efficiency then we would not have cars,tvs,stereos, or even the comp ur usin to play this game so if u mad about laziness the turn ur comp,tv and house electricity off and blow ur house up
    kaboro wrote: »
    New to the game but there are a few things i dont like:

1. My main gripe is that several classes are female-only or male-only, why not have a male venomancer for example.
    2. Overcrowded, need more servers
    3. Itemization seems to be lacking, and crafting is unimpressive too.

There are only 2 gender specific classes.Barb and veno
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Simply this...

PWI doesn't seem to care about it's own mistakes or player problems.

AND

PWI increasingly is attempting to charge money for every tiny aspect of this game in ways that are unethical & does not respect the ownership of items players pay for.
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I disagree with #2... I wanna set up a cat store anywhere.. anytime.. I want to be THE catstore.. out in the middle of nowhere.. on top of a tree.. selling potions right smack near a high level mob site... Muhaha

I do agree that pigments need either an overhaul, some serious tweaking, or a bit easier implementation.

Hey! Magic carpets! Great Idea!

Well I totally disagree with your disagreement with limitations on catshops.

I get so aggravated when I can't click on Tu Jo, auctioneer or W. Arch banker EVEN USING SHIFT KEY because some jerk has a catshop on top or inside the NPC. When they actually stand on the same spot & put the shop inside the NPC I wish I could perma ban that player immediately! b:angry

Just FYI - like a lot of players, I flatly refuse to buy ANYTHING EVER from a shop that blocks NPCs in any way.
  • CuteRage - Dreamweaver
    CuteRage - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't like the annoying snowmen. b:sad
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
This discussion has been closed.