What don't you like about PWI?

Options

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I'd like it if they sold FB Tabs in the Cash Shop.

*Holds breath till next patch.*

>__________<

maybe rare wanted X0 quests?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The slang, mind you I'm generally against internet slang in general. I hate needing a decoder ring just to figure out that someone just asked if I wanted help with a boss fight or something.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The slang, mind you I'm generally against internet slang in general. I hate needing a decoder ring just to figure out that someone just asked if I wanted help with a boss fight or something.

The "slangs" are actually game-related acronyms. do you even play PW actually?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    NVM 10 Char
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Would you understand it if someone were trying to teach you how to work as a frycook if they came up to you and started saying "'K, so you need to FTB after TS, then put the LTPKM on the SSB. Next you PIITB and HITTC, you got that?" Vague acronyms do absolutely nothing to explain their own meaning.I
  • Ruax - Heavens Tear
    Ruax - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Would you understand it if someone were trying to teach you how to work as a frycook if they came up to you and started saying "'K, so you need to FTB after TS, then put the LTPKM on the SSB. Next you PIITB and HITTC, you got that?" Vague acronyms do absolutely nothing to explain their own meaning.I

And doesnt help tbh that differant servers sometime use differant acronyms for the same thing. TT and HH for example, and since the forums are multi server then it can get confusing
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And doesnt help tbh that differant servers sometime use differant acronyms for the same thing. TT and HH for example, and since the forums are multi server then it can get confusing

HH is for Holy Hall which is what TT was called in PW-MY, i don't encourage using it but king is right, you guys should get acquainted with basic in game acronyms...
  • Ruax - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    HH is for Holy Hall which is what TT was called in PW-MY, i don't encourage using it but king is right, you guys should get acquainted with basic in game acronyms...

lol I know what they mean (avatar is an alt im leveling), but for new players the acronyms can be confusing, even more so when ppl use ones that are in another version and not this one
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Guys, I think you're all missing the point, TT, HH, FB, who cares?

There is only one acronym new players should get acquainted with, the only one that matters: CS. b:chuckle
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Or people should just stop being lazy when they type and say what they mean the way they're taught in English class. The only time there's any excuse is if they're using a telecoustic and don't have enough space to type everything out, there's even less of an excuse on the forums where there are no limits. If there are it would seem to require a ten page essay to reach them. I can think of at least a half dozen things TT could stand for, Tiny Toons, Teen Titans, Totally Tubular, Think Tank, Transforming Tanuki, Toe Tapper, all those off the top of my head. Give me a half hour and I could probably write a ten page essay on things TT could abbreviate. Of course as I said, I hate internet slang in general. LOL, QFT, etc. Your hands aren't crippled, and I know darned well your teachers never taught you to write like that, type the full thing out.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Guys, I think you're all missing the point, TT, HH, FB, who cares?

There is only one acronym new players should get acquainted with, the only one that matters: CS. b:chuckle

FTW! b:laugh

10char
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol I know what they mean (avatar is an alt im leveling), but for new players the acronyms can be confusing, even more so when ppl use ones that are in another version and not this one

I try to use the acronyms as much as possible, just because the rest of the server isn't going to say "Do you have the level 29 "Call to Duty" dungeon quest?" They'll just say "Do you have FB29?" If I always avoid the acronyms, they won't learn them and then when others use them they'll be eternally confused.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Or people should just stop being lazy when they type and say what they mean the way they're taught in English class. The only time there's any excuse is if they're using a telecoustic and don't have enough space to type everything out, there's even less of an excuse on the forums where there are no limits. If there are it would seem to require a ten page essay to reach them. I can think of at least a half dozen things TT could stand for, Tiny Toons, Teen Titans, Totally Tubular, Think Tank, Transforming Tanuki, Toe Tapper, all those off the top of my head. Give me a half hour and I could probably write a ten page essay on things TT could abbreviate. Of course as I said, I hate internet slang in general. LOL, QFT, etc. Your hands aren't crippled, and I know darned well your teachers never taught you to write like that, type the full thing out.

LOL, please do, i'd love reading that essay mate
  • Ruax - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I try to use the acronyms as much as possible, just because the rest of the server isn't going to say "Do you have the level 29 "Call to Duty" dungeon quest?" They'll just say "Do you have FB29?" If I always avoid the acronyms, they won't learn them and then when others use them they'll be eternally confused.

Ofc if older players have the common decency to explain what the acronyms mean if asked then all is fine... but its so often "Dont know what HH is, omg you n00b who didnt play PW-mars in 1945 "b:pleased
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ofc if older players have the common decency to explain what the acronyms mean if asked then all is fine... but its so often "Dont know what HH is, omg you n00b who didnt play PW-mars in 1945 "b:pleased

PW-mars? I've been around since PW-pluto. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Poor Pluto... You'll always be a planet to me! b:cry
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Poor Pluto... You'll always be a planet to me! b:cry

av291.jpg

Don't worry Pluto, I'm not a planet either. ):
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I wish sum venos had devil horns
    Panda were more fat
    flying carpets
    and better luck w/ refining!b:angryb:cry
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    rurik if u don't like how we type in english I would suggest u to send a ticket to the fellow GMs and ask them to permit us to use our native languages

after that I can properly write down in my language and u can translate with google if u really care
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    English being your second language is hardly an excuse, my adopted sister in Sweden has English a third language, and she has better grammar than most Americans I've encountered.
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I hate how flying speed is so fricken slow. Even with wings maxed out.
    They need to double the max speed at least.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    English being your second language is hardly an excuse, my adopted sister in Sweden has English a third language, and she has better grammar than most Americans I've encountered.
    then submit a ticket and ask them to ban all noobz grammarz engrish peepz laik meh cuz u've problems reading pl0x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

why don't you ask her to teach English as a volunteer in the US then?

even better: why dont you do it by yourself?
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Primarily because I hate kids.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    since when bad grammar = kids ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

LOL, using acronyms is not only widely accepted but pretty much a requirement in all intelligent professions (with the exception of elitist english lit teachers).
    If you were an engineer and typed Central Processing Unit every time you wanted to refer to a CPU in your report, people would think you're a flaming moron.
    That's because using acronyms is much more efficient and that efficiency allows people to focus on more complex and important things.
    Also, many professions regard people who don't understand acronyms as noobs. If you go into a interview and don't know certain acronyms, people take that to mean you haven't spent enough time doing what you're doing.

It's the same with this game. If you're level 60+ and don't know what TT is, then some people will regard you as a noob for your level.
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

come on! don't tell me you learned that just to feel superior. don't be selfish and share your knowledge!

concerning your hate for kids I'm quite sure you think so for hating your childhood. I've got to tell you therapy may improve your life greatly.
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Teaching implies dealing with kids. Mind you, the teachers aren't an issue anyway. I've never met a teacher that teaches kids it's alright to just type U instead of you, or 2 instead of to or too, nor one who would encourage people not to capitalize the beginning of their sentences, proper nouns such as names or I, not punctuating their sentences properly, or any of the other awful habits people on the internet have developed out of laziness.
    shlomo2 wrote: »
    come on! don't tell me you learned that just to feel superior. don't be selfish and share your knowledge!

concerning your hate for kids I'm quite sure you think so for hating your childhood. I've got to tell you therapy may improve your life greatly.

I learned English so I could speak and write coherently. And no, I hate kids because they're loud, obnoxious, and generally annoy me.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Teaching implies dealing with kids. Mind you, the teachers aren't an issue anyway. I've never met a teacher that teaches kids it's alright to just type U instead of you, or 2 instead of to or too, nor one who would encourage people not to capitalize the beginning of their sentences, proper nouns such as names or I, not punctuating their sentences properly, or any of the other awful habits people on the internet have developed out of laziness.
    'till ppl can understand me I type how I want
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    LOL, using acronyms is not only widely accepted but pretty much a requirement in all intelligent professions (with the exception of elitist english lit teachers).
    If you were an engineer and typed Central Processing Unit every time you wanted to refer to a CPU in your report, people would think you're a flaming moron.
    That's because using acronyms is much more efficient and that efficiency allows people to focus on more complex and important things.
    Also, many professions regard people who don't understand acronyms as noobs. If you go into a interview and don't know certain acronyms, people take that to mean you haven't spent enough time doing what you're doing.

It's the same with this game. If you're level 60+ and don't know what TT is, then some people will regard you as a noob for your level.

The difference is those acronyms are obvious enough that you won't generally need an explanation, acronyms like TT and FB are not obvious, nor are terms like tabber, it took me an hour of hunting around to figure out that tabber means the person with the tablet. They should just say leader.
This discussion has been closed.