What don't you like about PWI?

Options
MystiMonk - Sanctuary
MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Chronicles
What don't you like about PWI?I don't like the way we can't change our attribute points without a reset scroll that must be purchased from the cashstop.This prevent us from experimenting with builds and using different kinds of armour as it has certina req.s

I like to experiment and see what works best with this and that.I can't do that with this game as I can with others as the reset button is disabled.I would be nice if we could change around our attributes without using a reset scroll. wonder if any of you feel the same as I do and to the question at hand.

I like everything about this game except the attribute system.
Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
Post edited by MystiMonk - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thats a feature in many MMOs, this isnt a private illegal server you know.

when builds are only 4 stat distribution like that, its kind of uniform which way you go >>.

in any case, the only thing i dont like is the same 7 idiotic people who have to make a big deal out of my class, when theyve probably never even played one. they ruin the forums, a place im usually at for fun, free open discussion, but instead theyve brought out my bad side with their egos, and stupid rants.

now people get to see the ugly side of me, and every other post is a stupid whiner whining about a venomancer, and i dont like that. if theyre gunna start stuff, im gunna end it.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thats a feature in many MMOs, this isnt a private illegal server you know.

when builds are only 4 stat distribution like that, its kind of uniform which way you go >>.

It is not like that in another game I play and I never said this was private server as I know it isn't.
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hmm, I think the reset scroll idea is okay. But, there are a few things I'd change:
    1. I think there should be customization options for Barbarians.
    2. setting up catshops should be limited to "shopping malls" or specific zones.
    3. pigments are poorly implemented (such a pain in the **** - many good suggestions on how to do it better in other posts), otherwise cash shop is pretty good.
    4. flying swords, so strange to me (but I guess magic carpets aren't an asian theme...)
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It is not like that in another game I play and I never said this was private server as I know it isn't.
    try ragnarok online, they do a stat reset for $, no other MMO ive heard of offers resets like that, and if they did its probably an MMO ive neve heard of. if you dont like your char, make a new one.

as for all i know, free stat reset is a crappy private server feature
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hmm, there's only really a few things that grind one me with this game, the main one being the way world chat is used and abused. Annoys me to have to block a new world-chat attention seeker everyday. >_>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The fact that PWI Hates my BM.

( I never get anything in game during FBs and such)

Other then that, the map needs to be bigger.
    Back.
  • Deathsyt - Dreamweaver
    Deathsyt - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The only thing that really annoys me, is that the items to keep you from dropping your stuff in PK mode are only available in the cash shop. I enjoy going into the big PK fests from time to time, but I hate risking the chance of losing my stuff. I'm not about to buy gold just to bind my stuff at this level, and Guardian Angels seem like a bit of a waste to me as they are consumables. I think they should allow you to pay in game coin to bind items, or do a quest to bind something.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Bosses don't have enough variety. Perhaps things will one day change when I can get into 3-x, FC, LG, etc but as they are now it's "tank-n-spank" for upwards of 10+ minutes. If the squad lasts through the first 5 minutes why do we need the other 5 or more if the fight doesn't change? I haven't participated in a world boss kill, but I've been a spectator for a few and they don't seem to be much different either. I'm not supposed to mention *cough, WoW, cough* but taking a little inspiration there wouldn't be a bad thing. This game has a lot of things going for it that are better, imo, but there's a reason it's the #1 P2P.

I also don't like that there aren't enough distractions. A typical day is log on, do WQ and CS maybe the cube, and grind until there are enough people on to TT, FB, etc. I of course realize that not all events are implemented, but giving us a little more to do besides leveling and grinding mats would go a long way. There don't even have to be super good rewards, just something that's worth the time and gives a break from the regular grind.
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Nothing to hate about the game.
    Everything to hate about some players.
    A games only as good as the community.
  • Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver
    Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i like almost everything about this game... the people in this game arent **** heads like other MMORPG games.. one thing I would like to see is a "Grand exchange" where the prices are set my the computer based on availability and need. I don't like the cat shop system because

1) its takes for ever to find what you want
    2) Almost always over priced stuff
    3) way too many cat shops trying to rip people off
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I aggree with few mentioned things before - barb customization, need for bigger map and so.
    But the idea which is bothering me lately: Why we can't make our character build more personalized?
    At the moment there are three basic builds based on armour - Heavy, LA and arcane. Also builds withing the class - based on weapon for BM, skill tree for venos and so on. But real variation is minimal. Heavy and arcane can play around with their stats a bit, but not LA. True, you can get extra stats with equipement, you can play around with your stats and try a new build, but that's not enought in my opinion.
    Skill points could have a bigger role in the game and it's distribution wouldn't be so connected with equipement.

Otherwise, I kinda like this game :)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hmm, there's only really a few things that grind one me with this game, the main one being the way world chat is used and abused. Annoys me to have to block a new world-chat attention seeker everyday. >_>;

b:surrender Some of us just like to have fun....b:chuckle
    Nothing to hate about the game.
    Everything to hate about some players.
    A games only as good as the community.

100% agree with you! It is not the game, but it is some of the players. But those are easily over come!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Also, the Auction House Search Feature SUCKS.
    I would like to type in the name of the item i want, not some dumb number scheme.
    Back.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    need for bigger map and so.
    get 89 >_> theres 2 more maps for you to explore, sage and demon world.
    do wraith ploy, go back in time, more map to explore.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    try ragnarok online, they do a stat reset for $, no other MMO ive heard of offers resets like that, and if they did its probably an MMO ive neve heard of. if you dont like your char, make a new one.

as for all i know, free stat reset is a crappy private server feature

Guild Wars does it for nothing or it wouldn't be the competive game it is today as you need to change your build for the next guild battle.I belive WoW is the same.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I gotta say, there not much that I don't like about this game. The character customization alone is what got me hooked, and the quests, friendly community, and easy-to-learn characters (make that "character", as I started with, and still only have, a Wizard character) is what sealed the deal. Sure, you have your rude n00bs here and there, but then again, what MMO doesn't? The graphics are just plain beautiful, and I usually play on the lowest setting (crappy laptop :P)!

But...if I HAD to choose a few things to complain about, it would just be little nitpicks about some of the systems PWI uses...namely the Auction House and the Dye System. I'd love to search by name, instead of scouring the item list like a vulture looking for its next meal...and the Dye System...I don't even touch dyes; I only used it once...never again, until they fix it. Also, just a little thing that irks me...I'd love the tree leaves and whatnot to have a little more depth, instead of those paper-mache/cardboard stand-ins that we call foliage right now...other than those little things, however, this is hands-down the greatest game I have played, and I am proud to call myself a member who spends a few bucks every now and again to support the game he loves. I'll be on here for a long, long time...you can count on that. ~.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I hate when I pk and other people that did nothing to that person, get the drops. Like random ppl lounging around, it bugs me sooo much. Pk drops should be like mob drops, whoever kills it or does the most damage gets the drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Guild Wars does it for nothing or it wouldn't be the competive game it is today as you need to change your build for the next guild battle.I belive WoW is the same.
    guild wars is made by the team who did diablo 2 for blizzard, they branched off and quit ):.

free stat resets are lame, go expirement :P
  • Xsabbyx - Heavens Tear
    Xsabbyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Dont liek the price of Shards and orbs - just too much to ever get the ultimate wich should be in the 100millions not billions!!!

Dont like venos flesh Ream

Dont like flying pets getting stuck on ground

Dont like events that are USA exclusive.

Dont like the fact from 100 the exp goes mental and it would take litrraly years to get to 105.

Dont like Kangaroo Jack

Dont like Miky Mouse

and deffo dont like bugs bunneh!!!
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The above post was very intuitive and well thought out. I agree completely.
  • Santra - Heavens Tear
    Santra - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There is a couple of things

1) That our gear lvl with us say you have lvl 70TT +5 gear instead of making new ones why not buy some kind of stone that lvls it for you

2)Make the Shards glow over our garments (Cash Shop Clothes) i would really like this to be implemented i think it would look really cool as well

3)Have better effects on Weapons like a TT weapon have a fire or lightening effect depends on weapons Would be cool to have a lighening Effect for weapons on a cleris since there main attk all have to do with lightening effects

Thats all i can think of for know
    Santra
    Attk Cleric FTW b:laugh
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    Annondae - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    - the teleport system. It makes little to no sense to me how teleporting from one little random town on the edge of the map to another little random town on the same side and edge of the map, which are no further apart than maybe an inch map-wise, costs more than teleporting from Plume to Etherblade. I'm not saying teleporting should be free, and the starter towns need to have lower prices for newbies to be able to get around without being eaten by a random mob, but some of the teleport fees are just exorbitant.

- only male characters get to carry others around. I don't want to get into the entire debate about whether or not it's inappropriate - for the record, I don't give a flying *cough* about who bangs who or what - but I'd like to be able to give another toon at least a ride on my land/air mount, if I can't carry them myself.

- no generic "refuse all friend/guild" invites button. On the one hand, it's nice to be invited. On the other hand, I'd like the option to activate something like that if I get spammed by someone, which happened to me several times now on my alts. [ And if there IS such a function and I just haven't found it yet, point me to it? ]

Other than that, and I consider my points nitpicks, I got no complaints.
  • Misshuntalot - Heavens Tear
    Misshuntalot - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I hate the fact they kind of force you into using the cash shop to get the decent stuff- it is a free game but in that sense not really as you wont get far without using the cash shop- or it will take you months to get anywhere without using it- and its soooooo much more expensive to use then the pw-malaysia cash shop- i guess they think western ppl can pay 100 times more- guess they dont know theres a ressesion happening.

In fact it is a psuedo -game in the fact it says its FREE but you end up spending far far more then you would to play a subscription game - i see loads of ppl spend well over $200-300 on this game a month- take a look at how many veno's with those pets there are- tons of them and thats easilly $200!!!
    bit of a rip off game- then they make that comment about pwi euro ip ban - then the gm comes here and says it wont happen- lol that inspire confidence - ofc hes going to say that - its his job to keep ppl playing and paying- if they do ban euro ip they will do it on the sly and give like a weeks notice!!
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    One thing I don't like is once you hit lvl 45 you seem to be constantly needing to kill bosses. It's really hard to get help since high levels only help in fb, and that's cause they get something out of it. I think players should be more friendly to each other and be more like a community than a bunch of people at computers grumbling because people keep asking for help/people won't help them. Give some and get some should be the way I think.

Other than that the only other problems I could find were human problems. Jerks kill stealing/unfair pking, greed driving item prices through the sky, high lvl venos taming rare pets to sell just because they know they can. But those aren't the fault of the game, but the fault of the players. What the game needs is more mature players who have less concern for themselves and a bit more for other people.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    BUGS.... that is all. And maybe the lack of impliments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the constant b*tching from people that don't like things about this game
  • Siennia - Dreamweaver
    Siennia - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hmmm....well there isn't much I don't like about this game but there are a few things that bug me.

1. Grinding. Now if I'm trying to earn some money or get some good drops to sell I don't mind the grinding so much, but I wish we'd get more exp out of it then you do at higher levels. For example, when you get into the early/late 40's, quests stop giving you enough xp to level and you're stuck grinding. Especially when your closer to 50 and quests plus crazy stone don't give you near enough for the next level.
    I know people will probably argue against me on this, but that's just my opinion. I think it'd be better if xp gain didn't slow once you got higher up in lvls.

2. World Chat Drama. I personally do NOT like all the drama and **** that people throw onto World Chat. Now I don't mind when people are advertising for help for a boss or anything like that, but when a bunch of people are arguing because one guild lost out in TW and flaming each other, then it gets ridiculous. Not everybody wants to read that ****, I know I don't, and if you've got a problem with another guild don't advertise it to the world.
    And I mean come on, sometimes what people will say in World Chat is just downright needless and disgusting!
    I'm not trying to offend anyone with that, but that's just how I feel about the subject.
  • Heihachii - Heavens Tear
    Heihachii - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    That some of the NPC's look like Michael Jackson (e.g. Mister Shih in N/E Arch), freaks me out.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    1) That our gear lvl with us say you have lvl 70TT +5 gear instead of making new ones why not buy some kind of stone that lvls it for you

^ refining transfer will be implemented later

and couldnt agree more about WC. we need player mods
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i don't really have any gripes about the game, but i will say this. I WANT MY GENIE b:laugh

that is all.....
This discussion has been closed.