ANNOUNCEMENT: Redeem a Pre-Paid Card to be entered in our prize drawing!

Options

Comments

• lanfo
    lanfo Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hmm this is making me go nuts.... i wanna have the mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Crusaders Recruiting Come Join My Brothaz and Sistaz
    Class:Champion
    Guild:The Mighty Crusaders (Crusaders)
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The pre-paid cards are like other payment systems: they give you zhen on your account, and then you determine what server(s) to convert it to gold on. Only characters on the servers you send it to will have access to the gold.

I meant which characters to send the mount/dyes to. Also, has anyone ever thought that PWI might not have the MONEY or INFLUENCE to get their cards somewhere besides target? Cut them some slack!
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I actually agree with the last post, I was surpised they were able to get them at targets all over. I havent checked my local target yet, but have to go to town on wednesday and will then.
  • Miabi - Lost City
    Miabi - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It seems that the "international" part in perfect world international means prepaid card + chance to win new mount only for americans. And The rest of the americas and europe? Nothing at all... nothing at all nothing at aaaalll
  • Mystress - Dreamweaver
    Mystress - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It seems that the "international" part in perfect world international means prepaid card + chance to win new mount only for americans. And The rest of the americas and europe? Nothing at all... nothing at all nothing at aaaalll

b:chuckle I had to chuckle at this comment could always call it PWUSA instead of PWI lol....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pantufinhas - Sanctuary
    Pantufinhas - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle I had to chuckle at this comment could always call it PWUSA instead of PWI lol....

yeah... definitly. This really sucks.... hope they realease it soon on the boutique so i can use my bf credit card b:laugh
    Though it would be great if they do release it on boutique :)
  • bean01
    bean01 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I got 15 cards I picked up>b:victory. Friend from Canada needed a few so I gave him the codes after he sent payment thru PP. You can help a friend out like this.b:surrender
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    for me, while I live in the US, it's a 70+ mile drive one way to the nearest target.. and I'm not going to drive that far to get cards to give me a chance to win something that

1, I won't win (I don't win anything)..
    2, should be available in the cash shop (the description says the "yet to be released" fox mount.. so that implies that they are planning on releasing it)
    3, why spend the $ on gas/wear & tear on my vehicle when I could just put it directly on my credit card and not have the extra expenditure.

I mean, if I want to put 50 bux onto my pw account, I can either use my card and spend 50 bux.. or, I can drive 140 miles ($12 for gas at $2 per gallon), buy 5 of the cards 53.25 (including 6.25% sales tax) and then use them.. 1 at a time (which means a minimum of 3 cards since they are only available in 10 & 20 values..) then goto the site, buy $20 zen 2x and buy $10 zen 1x (and don't even get the extra 3G bonus for buying 50G worth because you had to do it in such small increments.

so.. choice is.. spend $50 for 53G or, spend $62 (minimum) for 50G+miniscule chance of winning (5 in what? 2 million?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol so your best option is to either charge or find someone like me to send money to via paypal and buy them that way. I've had a few in game friends do that.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    5 of the cards 53.25 (including 6.25% sales tax)

My Target counted them as gift cards so no tax...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yeah, no tax for me either!

woop woop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeah, the Target next to my apartment doesn't apply sales tax on it.
    Otherwise, 9.25% sales tax per card = ouch.... x.x;;;;;
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
    edited April 2009
    Options
    My Target counted them as gift cards so no tax...

I stated in the message that they may or may not include tax, so I did my calcuations both ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol so your best option is to either charge or find someone like me to send money to via paypal and buy them that way. I've had a few in game friends do that.

my best option is to charge.. because paypal takes out a fee, and again, the cards are 10 or 20, so I can't buy 50G and get the 3G bonus (unless they are allowing you to redeem more than 1 card per "order" so to speak.. but that is still 50+paypal fees as opposed to just 50
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kuddles
    kuddles Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    shnuggles wrote: »
    Hello,

The Perfect World Entertainment pre-paid cards are currently only available in USA Target retail stores. Please contact your local target with the below information and they can assist you in finding a location near you that has the cards.

$20 pre-paid card
    UPC# 799366626183
    DPCI# 012150328

$10 pre-paid card
    UPC# 799366629603
    DPCI# 012150327

The DPCI# is the product code Target uses for this product and they should be able to find these pre-paid cards and check inventories with the above information. Just ask if they can locate the product at the closest store to you. Please note that some stores may not have the plan-o-gram updated for the section of the store these will go in so it is possible the product is in the store but not on the shelf. Also, some stores may not have been given a shipment of the cards yet as well so it may take a few weeks for all of the stores that will carry them to have them on the shelf for sale or even in stock. If you cannot locate these cards near you, then unfortunately you will have to either wait for them to be more-readily available or choose a different payment option. The Ultimate Game Card is at many locations including Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid, and 7-Eleven stores nation-wide. They can also be used with us for purchasing ZEN and act exactly like the PWE pre-paid cards.

Hope this information helps you all! b:pleased

***ADDITIONAL UPDATE***

We have had some questions in regards to the entries for the contest. Every $10 in pre-paid cards redeemed will be an entry and not per card. So for any of you that were thinking of buying a card will not lose out if only one or the other is available in your local Target retail store. Thank you.

Not fully understanding this bit does the ultimate game card count as an entry or not ? Or is it ONLY the Pre-Paid cards ?
  • Diminished - Sanctuary
    Diminished - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i suppose it would cost them mega bucks to distribute around the world...but still, all those who'd like to buy the pre-paid cards who dont live in North America, are gunna be disappointed in Perfect World Entertainment.
  • Bandages - Sanctuary
    Bandages - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    1 mount per server

5 mounts total

the chances to win out of so many people on 1 server are very slim. it's like trying to pick up 1 egg during the easter event that just passed.

good luck to those who enter and are hoping to win a mount.

just be prepared to see a lot of "omg!!! i spent 1k on prepaid cards and i didn't win anything!!!!" threads...
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    1 mount per server

5 mounts total

You need to fine-tune your reading skills
    5 players per server (25 total)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • hikage818
    hikage818 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    so wait do the ultimate game cards count as entries, or just the perfect world prepaid cards?
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    Gaho - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    wrong thread >.>
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i suppose it would cost them mega bucks to distribute around the world...but still, all those who'd like to buy the pre-paid cards who dont live in North America, are gunna be disappointed in Perfect World Entertainment.

Yes i'm disappointed, very very... this is unfair for non usa players, but well i hope if they re thinking in teh future compensate this, because i think that the non-usa players DESERVE a compensation, get special prizes too like now... right, PWI must think in ALL their players more if know that what comes soon U_U

Cya b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Haven't picked up any cards yet but might buy a few to test my luck.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Mindyboo - Heavens Tear
    Mindyboo - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    so..the cards i redeemed before the prizes were out wont be entered?
  • Twil - Lost City
    Twil - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    One of my guildies just spotted a ninetails in Etherblade a few minutes ago:

http://i40.tinypic.com/b6ya2a.png

I thought they were only possible to get on the 29th? oO;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Twilight Temple = HH. All the cool kids are saying it.
    Perfect World International is Schrodinger's game - it may or may not be dead. b:laugh
    If the game is dead, then YOU JUST LOST IT b:mischievous
    Calvin - Lost City: Nothing is cooking except I am putting 3 eggs on Elayne's boiling bald head and making some scramble eggs.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    One of my guildies just spotted a ninetails in Etherblade a few minutes ago:

http://i40.tinypic.com/b6ya2a.png

I thought they were only possible to get on the 29th? oO;;

I saw this same person on LC yesterday...I believe the name is "Soho." I am wondering if it is a test since it is showing up on the different servers with the same character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I was told that it was the calendar contest prize
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Twil - Lost City
    Twil - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I saw this same person on LC yesterday...I believe the name is "Soho." I am wondering if it is a test since it is showing up on the different servers with the same character.

I wouldn't think so; if it WAS a test the GMs would be using one. Although the different servers thing is odd. Oo

Edit: oh duh the calendar prize. >>;; never mind XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Twilight Temple = HH. All the cool kids are saying it.
    Perfect World International is Schrodinger's game - it may or may not be dead. b:laugh
    If the game is dead, then YOU JUST LOST IT b:mischievous
    Calvin - Lost City: Nothing is cooking except I am putting 3 eggs on Elayne's boiling bald head and making some scramble eggs.
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    No luck in Tampa with these cards, 5 stores and none have them.
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well, found a Target with the cards so I picked a few of them up ... Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    My target only had one 10 dollar one left!
    Who is buying all the cards in Savannah, Georgia?!?!?!?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]