ANNOUNCEMENT: Redeem a Pre-Paid Card to be entered in our prize drawing!

Options
dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
news_details_banner_prepaid_cards_041409.jpg

We are pleased to announce that for our users in the United States, Perfect World Entertainment Prepaid Cards are now available for convenient purchase at your nearest Target Store!

To celebrate the release of these nifty cards a special promotion will take place for players who redeem these cards (over the next 2 weeks) with some very special prizes up for grabs!

Here's how this promotion works - Anyone who purchases a Perfect World Entertainment Prepaid Card(s) and redeems them starting at noon (Pacific Time), Wednesday, April 15th through noon (Pacific) April 29th will immediately be entered into a random prize drawing. The more cards you redeem the more times your account will be entered in our drawing so be sure to redeem as many cards as you can over the next two weeks to give yourself the best shot at winning!

Prizes are as follows: 5 players per server (25 total!) will receive the 'yet-to-be-released' Ninetails Mount! Trust me when I say that you will be the talk of the town when strutting through town on this stunning ride.

9tails.jpg

Another 5 players per server (again, 25 total) will also have a chance to win a bundle of 10 Pure Black Pigments! That's right - you heard me - Pure Black! 10 of 'em! Straight outta the box!

In summation, a total of 50 killer prizes is there for the taking. All that is required is a simple redemption of our new Prepaid Cards over the next 2 weeks. What are you waiting for? Target beckons and awaits your cherished arrival!

note: To find the nearest Target near you as well as to redeem your prepaid card please visit our Prepaid Card page HERE!

pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• Division - Harshlands
    Division - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Bring them out in Australia b:cry
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    So...
    $10.00 card = 1 entry
    2x $10.00 card = 2 entry

$20.00 card = 1 entry

????

I smell a HUGE sale of $10 cards.
  • darkwhispers
    darkwhispers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Make $20 cards 2 entries please. I hate looking like a total idiot waiting 10 minutes for the clerk to ring up 15 10$ cards. >_> <_<
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Doesn't the gold go on the account? How will you decide what server the person plays on
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Doesn't the gold go on the account? How will you decide what server the person plays on

whatever server they send it to. How do they decide which character to send it to? And yeah lol, ALMOST bought a $20 today, but caught myself.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    this really stinks...i've been waiting forever for this mount-the only one i really wanted, other than the white horse- and now its going to be impossible to get. yes, impossible, because with only 25 among how many players??? this is totally unfair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Mystress - Dreamweaver
    Mystress - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    this really stinks...i've been waiting forever for this mount-the only one i really wanted, other than the white horse- and now its going to be impossible to get. yes, impossible, because with only 25 among how many players??? this is totally unfair.

No whats totally unfair is not only knowing that they are choosing ONLY 25 people among how many players...but its restricted to the US only.Meanwhile the rest of the players around the globe just have to look on.

If you want to talk about fairness try this on for size, your from the southern hemisphere you dont have a credit card best way to get gold/cubi without paying the extreme prices they are selling for ingame is via PaybyCash,you go do that only to find out that you have to pay just over double the amount for what you are wanting,then the bright sparks bring this **** along knowing they are giving away a rare item but wait ONLY US PLAYERS are allowed in the competition.Experience that then talk to me about fairness ..... At least you have a chance meanwhile the rest of us have to suffer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    or everyone just waits until they're released in CS...
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    whatever server they send it to. How do they decide which character to send it to? And yeah lol, ALMOST bought a $20 today, but caught myself.

All characters on the account will share the gold I believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Seducer - Heavens Tear
    Miss_Seducer - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i find this new "event' or whatever you wanna call it kind of sucks, its only for americans make it for the world.......
  • Miss_Seducer - Heavens Tear
    Miss_Seducer - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

yeah but until there released in CS the prices of the mounts will be threw the roof just like that duke rose set.
  • Omgaggro - Lost City
    Omgaggro - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i find this new "event' or whatever you wanna call it kind of sucks, its only for americans make it for the world.......
    Perfect World Entertainment, a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD), publishes free-to-play, online games and provides online services in North America.

Unless you are from Canada or Mexico, there is no reason to complain. Plus there are like 8 different version of PW. (Sorry if your version is lame).
  • LezBeth - Heavens Tear
    LezBeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    b:cryThe game cards are not out in Nebraska as of 9:30 pm Thursday. Will let you know if they actually come out.b:cry
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    All characters on the account will share the gold I believe.

The pre-paid cards are like other payment systems: they give you zhen on your account, and then you determine what server(s) to convert it to gold on. Only characters on the servers you send it to will have access to the gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cidlyncaster - Sanctuary
    Cidlyncaster - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i plan on buying some cards, that is if the target here sells em D:
    Probally one of the most musical barb's ever
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    it sucks on multiple levels.. 1, non-us don't have a chance.. 2, even if you live in the US, where I live, the nearest Target store is 2 1/2 hours away!!

I buy gold/zen all the time.. but I'm not going to drive 2 1/2 hours to get a $10 cash card so that I have a chance of winning a mount.. when I SHOULD just put $50 into my account and be able to buy it (I figure when they come out, they'll be priced at 50 just because people want them so much and PW as a whole has been really greedy with their pricing).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • LadyYuna_ - Sanctuary
    LadyYuna_ - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i think they should make it fare for everyone all over the world. even if u live in the united states don"t mean u have the money to go buy these cards. there are poor ppl who play this game. this is my opinion
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well I went to target the day after the cards went on sale (20 min drive) and they was sold out.. so where are all the chumps that live in Sherman, Tx? :) LOL!! People the mount is just what it is. A mount. Let the 5 glorious winners have their moment. And keep the price of it down by REFUSING to buy them from them. Eventually the price of everything comes down. Look at hell hounds. A 50$ item ( stupid price I think) and now you can buy them for around 4 mil a month or so later. Their greed depends on our willingness to SUPPLY them with the money for such said items! If they see that NO ONE on any server is able to sell their new pretty mount, coming out with them in the cash shop at an affordable price will be their only option.

You want things to change? Well it starts with you. Refuse to purchase things at too high of a price and the price will drop. That how it works in the real world, that how it works here too. Just the world is too impatient to WAIT for change!!!! In the have it now buy it now era... u get less than what u pay for!

Thats my 2 cents and some change worth :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yeah, but the real question is....WILL they ever release them to the shop? at this point, i have little hope of that.

remember, this is the same bunch of folks who said that the new flying mount would be the dragon. and just where is it? no where. everyone was under the impression that the big deal about the last GM M&G was that they were previewing the next CS items. we all now know that not to be the case.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Cidlyncaster - Sanctuary
    Cidlyncaster - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i just came back from target, and yes the one i go to has the 10 & 20$ cards for sale b:laugh
    Probally one of the most musical barb's ever
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hello,

The Perfect World Entertainment pre-paid cards are currently only available in USA Target retail stores. Please contact your local target with the below information and they can assist you in finding a location near you that has the cards.

$20 pre-paid card
    UPC# 799366626183
    DPCI# 012150328

$10 pre-paid card
    UPC# 799366629603
    DPCI# 012150327

The DPCI# is the product code Target uses for this product and they should be able to find these pre-paid cards and check inventories with the above information. Just ask if they can locate the product at the closest store to you. Please note that some stores may not have the plan-o-gram updated for the section of the store these will go in so it is possible the product is in the store but not on the shelf. Also, some stores may not have been given a shipment of the cards yet as well so it may take a few weeks for all of the stores that will carry them to have them on the shelf for sale or even in stock. If you cannot locate these cards near you, then unfortunately you will have to either wait for them to be more-readily available or choose a different payment option. The Ultimate Game Card is at many locations including Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid, and 7-Eleven stores nation-wide. They can also be used with us for purchasing ZEN and act exactly like the PWE pre-paid cards.

Hope this information helps you all! b:pleased

***ADDITIONAL UPDATE***

We have had some questions in regards to the entries for the contest. Every $10 in pre-paid cards redeemed will be an entry and not per card. So for any of you that were thinking of buying a card will not lose out if only one or the other is available in your local Target retail store. Thank you.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Two weeks is a long time to wait to see who get's the prizes. >.<
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    Azlin - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i wish there were PWI prepaid cards in canada too :(
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    b:cryThe game cards are not out in Nebraska as of 9:30 pm Thursday. Will let you know if they actually come out.b:cry

ooo another person from Nebraska, what city? b:chuckle
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i wish there were PWI prepaid cards in canada too :(

yeah ><
    no target stores in vancouver :P
  • Diminished - Sanctuary
    Diminished - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    WHY NOT EUROPE??....thousands of ppl play PWI and are from Europe, u could at least just put them in main retailers such as 'Toyz r us'
  • meritor
    meritor Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Closest store to me is about 3,600 miles away, think if i set off now i might get back in time to use my card before the two weeks is up?? b:cry
  • Ximpactx - Heavens Tear
    Ximpactx - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think it is a disgrace.

This is PWI. 'I' meaning International -ie the whole world. So why should it just be America that gets the benefit of this?
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Do they have targets in other countries? Also they should be released at 7/11 if they arent already xDD
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    LOL or for all of you out of the us you can send money to my paypal account and Ill go to the local target and buy you some cards and email you the info lol. JK not a horrible idea though if you have a friend in the USb:laugh