Server Maintenance, Monday, April 13 COMPLETE

Comments

• Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    something in my system is conflicting with pwi huh? funny, I've been playing since Oct and never had this issue til about 2 weeks ago and nothing on my system has changed.. and as stated above.. it's called a SERVER ERROR for a reason.. it's not a system error.. it actually says "Server Error. Please logoff and try again" or something to that effect.

This is normal for everyone..

People in HT experience it at times.. I do usually when i run in from north arch on the bridge then turn into west arch going towards daily, and I ALWAYS get it before i enter the entrance. it got annoying but has stopped [so far]
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yep, the price for the mats you can farm from mines is ridiculous. Like double the price of the way harder to acquire mats that drop from mobs...

But i would be cautious about the dragon orb price. I don't wanna see half the server running around with fully refined armor and weapon set...

ok.. I'll agree with that.. I know personally.. if I could get like 100 of each mat for 2G I'd be buying mats from the cash shop all the time.. cuz it would cost 880k (figuring 110k/G) to get 20 subs as opposed to 1200k to buy them at 60k each
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Diva - Dreamweaver
    Diva - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yep, the price for the mats you can farm from mines is ridiculous. Like double the price of the way harder to acquire mats that drop from mobs...

But i would be cautious about the dragon orb price. I don't wanna see half the server running around with fully refined armor and weapon set...

They have those prices to ENCOURAGE you to farm your own mats! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I ain't sayin' that I'm the best. But I'm the best. Hey baby you need that."

My Chars:
    Diva | 8x Vit Blademaster | Dreamweaver | Dragons | PowerSurge owns my soul
    Gwendolynne | 9x Heavy Werefox | Heavens Tear | Tao | I Love you G-Kat
    Xyleena | 8x Support Cleric | Heavens Tear | No Faction | Second Main
    Delecroix | 5x Assassin | Heavens Tear | EqualiZeR Leader | Inactive
    Dessari | 5x Psychic | Dreamweaver | No Faction | Inactive
  • Finra - Sanctuary
    Finra - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    For those antsy for something to read, patch notes have been posted here:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/patchsubpage/patch-notes-version-110-2401

They're a little skimpy this week, cash shop releases will be revealed tomorrow. :)

ah wells lol beta than naffin'!!

and oh vene, i finks venos are seductive XDDDDDDDDDD *drools*

Wearing a summer qipao makes ur bossoms abit too...sticky out :S dun like qipaos Dx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Happens a lot on Heavens Tear, more liekly to occur if you run in to fast, or drop from high hieghts. If I summer sprint, then foxform into W.Archo I can guarenteed get a Server Error. Might be connection issuses, as I have 4gb ram, and a 1gb Vid Card, but alas am on a wireless network. latency/connection issues?
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My bm is lvl 67. Just 6 lvls less than your avatar char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    @ ppl asking for teleport stones to be cheapened theres 1 good reason they will likely never reduce their cost. When you pay to tele you are using what is known as a money sink. A money sink is a way to remove money from a game. (not calling you stupid, just saying it because not every1 knows what one is and it took me awhile before I learned about them myself) All games have many money sinks. If they don't have enough then everyone becomes rich because the money just stays in the hands of players. Its also the reason why you can't go straight from any spot to any other spot, its to increase the amount of money this money sink removes from the game.
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.
    edited April 2009
    Wireless connections are known to have "connection" issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aragorn - Harshlands
    Aragorn - Harshlands Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    something in my system is conflicting with pwi huh? funny, I've been playing since Oct and never had this issue til about 2 weeks ago and nothing on my system has changed.. and as stated above.. it's called a SERVER ERROR for a reason.. it's not a system error.. it actually says "Server Error. Please logoff and try again" or something to that effect.

When my memory went bad all of a sudden weird stuff happened. I couldn't even download PWI to install it. Kept giving me a file corrupt. I finally got it installed by putting the download on a network computer. After a while of playing the horses appeared as big ERR and a lot of the chars were not appearing on my screen, or it would take forever.

After a while my system just kept getting a disconnect message over and over after a couple minutes..

You know what? Replaced my memory and things worked just fine. I work as a I.T. support spec and believe me.... It's not server side that's causing the error.
    edited April 2009
    manfor wrote: »
    @ ppl asking for teleport stones to be cheapened theres 1 good reason they will likely never reduce their cost. When you pay to tele you are using what is known as a money sink. A money sink is a way to remove money from a game. (not calling you stupid, just saying it because not every1 knows what one is and it took me awhile before I learned about them myself) All games have many money sinks. If they don't have enough then everyone becomes rich because the money just stays in the hands of players. Its also the reason why you can't go straight from any spot to any other spot, its to increase the amount of money this money sink removes from the game.

and here, I thought the money sink was having a 33k repair bill after grinding in fb89 for a couple of hours
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • UsesPets - Heavens Tear
    UsesPets - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Happens a lot on Heavens Tear, more liekly to occur if you run in to fast, or drop from high hieghts. If I summer sprint, then foxform into W.Archo I can guarenteed get a Server Error. Might be connection issuses, as I have 4gb ram, and a 1gb Vid Card, but alas am on a wireless network. latency/connection issues?

To Reiterate, in case anyone was INTERESTED:

After teleporting to West Archo, upon entering through the gate, etc. let your character sit a moment before summoning your mount, turning into tiger form, activating summer sprint, etc. This, at least for me, has helped me AVOID server errors.

If you are impatient, might as well just force quit and relog if you think that's faster.
    edited April 2009
    manfor wrote: »

Not asking for them to be cheaper as they are likely as cheap as they will get. Just suggesting that they should be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    When my memory went bad all of a sudden weird stuff happened. I couldn't even download PWI to install it. Kept giving me a file corrupt. I finally got it installed by putting the download on a network computer. After a while of playing the horses appeared as big ERR and a lot of the chars were not appearing on my screen, or it would take forever.

After a while my system just kept getting a disconnect message over and over after a couple minutes..

You know what? Replaced my memory and things worked just fine. I work as a I.T. support spec and believe me.... It's not server side that's causing the error.

lol.. I used to be the CTO (Chief Technical Officer) for an ISP and believe me.. there ARE things that the server can cause that have nothing to do with the workings of your system.. I mean.. if you can't get your email because of a 535 error, or because of a locked box, your mail client errors out.. but that has nothing to do with your system.. it's the server causing the error.. if a web server has a configuration error.. when you goto a page, it could cause an error in your browser, but that has nothing to do with your memory or your computer's configuration.. it truly is a SERVER ERROR.. besides.. if it was something in my system.. don't you think that I would be one of the only people having the issues as opposed to a plethora of people complaining about the same problem?

I can tell though that you work as an IT support tech, because most IT support teams aren't willing to take responsibility for their own errors, they always push it off as the other guy's problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenemousBuny - Heavens Tear
    VenemousBuny - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i have 2g ram. new motherboard. exceeds game requirements and i hate west
    if there long some issues seem to apply no mater the amount of pc. its frame rate issues when flying while being carried in flight accually when droping . i have seen the grown warped back up the top of trees and fell to land. frame rate is not catching up to the accually place in game im in. and i run no programs while playing. b:laugh
    "Don't worry be happy"
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wireless connections are known to have "connection" issues.
    Well its not a disconnect, and its not my connection flickering. It states Server Error. Please log on again. or Somethign to that extent, it seemingly doenst load up all the mass amount of chars on the screen fast enough, so stops trying.
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    btw still waiting on signature answers b:pleased
    or give me right place to put post plz

there ya go
    http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/sessumaru.jpg
    i hope you like it
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
    edited April 2009
    and here, I thought the money sink was having a 33k repair bill after grinding in fb89 for a couple of hours

I concur. Even at lvl 48 my repair bill after just an hour or so is almost 7-8k. I sink plenty into the "money sink" I'd like some of it to be sunk back into me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009

pretty nice piece of work for such a short amount of time..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    pretty nice piece of work for such a short amount of time..

hehe thanks b:cute i noticed he was anctious

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Elinaaa - Lost City
    Elinaaa - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    b:cry WQ CrazyStons ima miss one today b:cry
    b:cry b:cry
    edited April 2009
    Well its not a disconnect, and its not my connection flickering. It states Server Error. Please log on again. or Somethign to that extent, it seemingly doenst load up all the mass amount of chars on the screen fast enough, so stops trying.

Maybe a select few of us are just realllllly lucky.. IDK!!! I just know I used to have that problem, installed new ram do not have that problem anymore!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It says all severs are offline. Is this some scheduled maintenance time?
  • Vizula - Sanctuary
    Vizula - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Woah, that is one spiffy signature, Jack_Nel. Awesome work.
    If you want to be somebody, and you want to go somewhere, you better wake up and Pay Attention.

b:victoryb:cool
  • Elinaaa - Lost City
    Elinaaa - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    b:cry WQ CrazyStons ima miss one today b:cry
    b:cry b:cry
    edited April 2009
    could I get one with a prettiful fairy? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • manfor
    manfor Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lol, thats why I said they have many. Some are really good/nice ones like repairing armor because you get something back from it, but then there are several just kinda tossed in there to take money in any way they can that won't have players up in arms.

b:surrender I wasn't trying to argue, just inform. XD
    Satellite Internet: The permanent "hold on a sec" connection

Always ready with the S'mores and hot dogs for when the flames get going.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It says all severs are offline. Is this some scheduled maintenance time?

Yes. Look at the stickys in general section please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    I think they leave some stuff up too long. I've been on the game around 4-5 months. I've seen very few new fashion and very few new mounts. The panther needs to go,so does the cub. The price of them would go back up some and be worth having and selling. Same with some of the fashion items! Perm or not, I think anything more than 30.00 for any mount is pushing it. Crazy ppl who buy them too!!! Ok ... I'm not my own definition of crazy. Sorry if any of you are!! But u kno what I mean.. they just charge too much for some stuff! Perm or NOT!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mariejjane - Sanctuary
    Mariejjane - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    actually.. there is.. we can all either stop buyin stuff.. or find another game that may or may not listen to our requests..

don't get me wrong.. I like this game.. but it really needs more high-level content.. I mean at my level, after doing all my quests, I'm at like 13% so I have to grind for 87% of 5.4M XP.. and I only get like 500 xp per kill.. that's nuts.. more quests would make it more appealing.. I don't mind grinding, but when it's the only thing that you have to do for 3-4 days straight, it gets more than a little boring

2x................
    100 demon veno
    90 sage barb
    90 demon psy
    90 demon cleric
    b:bye
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    could I get one with a prettiful fairy? :)

sure i'll see what i can do b:cute