Enrage vs Radiance - An Overview

Hisui - Heavens Tear
Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Etherblade (West)
Okay so Enrage won. To the people who weren't there I can give you a quick rundown of the match. It might not be the best description because I kept getting owned but anyways here it is:

Radiance:
Advantages -
* Has help of towers for defense.
* Only need to hold out for 3 hours for a victory.
* Long TW history and experience.

Disadvantages -
* Can't get ideal roster to defend.
* Enrage has 2x the catapults, as a property of a level 1 land attack.
* Generally less pvp experience.
* Leader not present may be a morale blow.
* May be pressured to uphold server's #1 title.

---

Enrage:
Advantages -
* Has a total of 8 catapults compared to Radiance's 4.
* A close to ideal roster, having nearly all of the guild's topguns present.
* Generally more pvp experience.

Disadvantages -
* Members aren't that familiar with each other in TWs.
* Pressured by time limit.
* Communication and organization shouldn't be better than Rad's.

Radiance having to defend other guilds really dealt them a blow. Radiance, against my predictions, set out for an early rush against RoadKill, which was risky because even if they win, they still lost around 5 mins in the TW (it also takes 1 min to get out of the TW instance to enter another).

When Radiance took out RoadKill, Enrage's attack barely started, but Enrage was able to gain time to advance towards Radiance's base, easily taking over the road Radiance towers. These road towers are important for defense and if held, can be a giant hurdle for Enrage. Thinking back, when I was in RoC we were able to hold Legion off with an inferior force at the mid road defense point. Those towers can pew pew!! So Enrage was lucky to have cleared the mid road obstacle in the first 5 mins of the war. My team on the side road also cleared the road towers without much effort and without meeting much resistance.

After that was the battle at the gates. Radiance was able to rally and push Enrage out back to the road a couple of times, but ultimately always getting forced back to the gates. Radiance has a lot of clerics and barbs. Neither of these classes can output punishment hard enough to keep Enrage from coming back in strong waves. On the other hand, Enrage is loaded with high level archers, who are the bane of clerics' existence. Enrage also has a plethora of high level wizards that was able to down barbs and BMs rather quickly. It didn't take long before the C and B road gate towers went down and Enrage started piling up inside Radiance's base.

Base attack was devastating to both teams... because of the huge lag. The server must have been tired from printing out all our colorful leet HH weapons and armors onto the screen. Even when cornered, Radiance still sent catapults and teams over to destroy the road binding stones, showing their TW experience isn't for naught. Because of the lag it must have been difficult to target Enrage's ninja barb pullers (which just won't stop coming since there are many catapults). The base assault took about 20 minutes and similarly, there were small time frames when Radiance pushed Enrage out but couldn't capitalize on the breather.

As soon as the Enrage DDs inside the base started sticking, the catapults just strolled in freely and guaranteed victory. Overall, Radiance's lack of an ideal roster and the PK bloodlust that most Enrage have seems to have costed them the match. Also, the catapult advantage Enrage had proved overwhelming. Could Radiance have gotten better results? I'm not sure. I would have ditched the RoadKill match and reinforced Enrage battle from the getgo. But one thing is for sure, if Radiance had an ideal defense roster this match wouldn't have ended 1/4 into the time limit.

- Hisui
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
Enrage - We Eat.
Post edited by Hisui - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wow...you are a master of weaving words, my friend. I still hope someone recording something...but now I can say that I will be content without a video. Good job, Hisui. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm so happy! The tide is turning! b:mischievous

As always, enjoyed your summary, Hisui!
    And thanks for liberating Archosaur from the tyranny of the big orange! b:kiss
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Wow...you are a master of weaving words, my friend. I still hope someone recording something...but now I can say that I will be content without a video. Good job, Hisui. ^_^

I think someone did. Don't know if we'll release it. Ill keep you posted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Chansore - Heavens Tear
    Chansore - Heavens Tear Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    sooo manyyy catapults b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of United Lions Liberation Front
    not to be confused with the
    ..Liberators Movement for Lions
    or.....Lions United Front
    or........United Lions Front for Liberation of all Lions

Retired b:bye but still trolllinnnnnn
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Double cats wasn't the ideal situation for the first defensively fought TW Radiance has had. But don't worry, this was just what was needed to re-ignite Radiance's fighting spirit, there are going to be some hard clashes ahead.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    And thanks for liberating Archosaur from the tyranny of the big orange! b:kiss

Replacing a tyran by another one is not a good deal.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Unless you're good friends with the new tyrant. Then I could see it being good for you.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    sooo manyyy catapults b:surrender

Hey, if and when Radiance decides to attack Archosaur, YOU'll have the catapult advantage, eh?

Pretty nifty, huh? So, don't QQ about it. Instead, exploit it when the time comes. b:bye
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Unless you're good friends with the new tyrant. Then I could see it being good for you.

Enrage is proud to have no allies. Friendly relations maybe (I can't think of any to be honest), but no allies.

And yes, I was scout, I counted 6-8 different Rad barbs pulling cats. We had heavy armored venos pulling the last couple catapults we didn't expect. I'm pretty sure Rad can exploit the extra catapults better than we can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Really, I had no idea that the number of catapults doubled when taking level 1 territory. If that's the case, I get the feeling that Radiance and Enrage are going to exchange ownership of the city for weeks to come.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rivulet - Heavens Tear
    Rivulet - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Enrage is proud to have no allies. Friendly relations maybe (I can't think of any to be honest), but no allies.

And yes, I was scout, I counted 6-8 different Rad barbs pulling cats. We had heavy armored venos pulling the last couple catapults we didn't expect. I'm pretty sure Rad can exploit the extra catapults better than we can.

What we'll do is, you send defected in carrying a cat, and we'll send our Hoshimi carrying a cat. Oh the laughs we would have. b:laugh
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    or we can send Cat in carrying a cat.
    ooooooohhhhh im so funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Kaishi - Heavens Tear
    Kaishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Great fight indeed. It showed how much we have to learn about multiple TWs and city defense. 8 catas made us a nice surprise but still, getting hq down in 40 mins... well done Enrage, you could let it go for one more hour, so hard for lvl85 fail veno to get into rad primary squad and when it happens you make the tw so short.
    It's good to have worthy opponents. I guess we'll have more interesting TWs coming next week. Perhaps it is good moment to start grinding and questing again... or finally get this stupid fire chicken ;>
    Whenever I fail...
    I make it epic.

Be nice to your local fail veno before it becomes nice to you.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    hahaha even lvl 85 veno cannot get into primary squad in rad? what kind of standards do they have :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah the 8 catapaults totally caught us by surprise; we were expecting 6 to our 4. Let's face it that is a HUGE firepower advantage when you can keep sending catapault after catapault after towers/bind spots. Yah people all expected us to turtle for 3 hrs and we didn't think that was feasible w/ 6 cats; let alone 8b:cry. So immediatley our cats went out and my squad was on the gate towers within the 1st few mins but our backup got help up so we didn't last long once Enrage decided to send a force down C to take over the bindpoints.

Truthfully once we lost the bindspots on B and Enrage was able to maintain them; this war was over. When you have 8 cats coming at you nonstop f/ B5/B6 all being carried by damn good barbs; it's game over. Yah from what I hear on Enrage's vent all they kept hearing was "cat down" over and over..but damn we hadda deal with 8 of them and oh my god the laggggggggggggg. So hard to get a target in that mess. The worst was we were so worried about those 8 cats crushing our defenses/crystal that we were ignoring those phoenixes in the air *sigh*.

Look I'm not making excuses so don't go there. Enrage has us out equipped and basically same leveled if you actually check their gear vs ours. So the only advantage we could have tried to do was turtle but gl doing that vs 8 cats. Hats off to them on a great fight and I'm sure everyone on both sides had fun. It certainly was a wakeup call to some of our members who weren't around or forgotten about our 3 hr slugfests with RoC. A lot of ours that were there for those tws have done NOTHING for their gear and barely leveled and STILL working on aquiring phoenixes/herc whereas Enrage members have their tt80/90 gear refined numerous x. Hopefully this is a wakeup call for our members that our opponent has gotten much stronger whereas many of our members haven't. Once again good job Enrage and great fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    In my opinion next fight will show who is stronger Radiance or Enrage......why?...well i am almost sure next time we will both have 4 cats and Rad will be able to send their best players to fight us. At least i hope so!!!

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    or we can send Cat in carrying a cat.
    ooooooohhhhh im so funny.

Was so confusing my first 2 or 3 TWs in RoC, where TW orders were given on more of a play by play basis in vent, people would be ordering send Cat down lane B, or Cat coming in lane A!

and I was always going huh? where do you want me to go? Where am I supposed to be? Im not in lane A! Are you talking about me or the catapults?

Good times though Good times lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    rad wont be able to strike back next week, charity will still be banned.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Was so confusing my first 2 or 3 TWs in RoC, where TW orders were given on more of a play by play basis in vent, people would be ordering send Cat down lane B, or Cat coming in lane A!

and I was always going huh? where do you want me to go? Where am I supposed to be? Im not in lane A! Are you talking about me or the catapults?

Good times though Good times lol.

Ask them to "meow" when they are referring to you. That'd be epic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ask them to "meow" when they are referring to you. That'd be epic.

mmm I really should try that lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Qiuyue - Heavens Tear
    Qiuyue - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm tired and cynical after a 12 hour drive, so this is my "trolling" response to the ex-Rads who taunted me after the TW.

OMG U DINT EVN REALIZ DAT WE R OUTLVLED N UNDEREQUPXED N DAT OUR NOO REEEECROOTS R LYK SO INEXPERENCED OMGOMGOMGOMG ENRAGE HAS LYK MOST OF OUR PKPKPVPPVP-HAPPI-IN-DA-PANTZ PLAYEHZ HOO NOE H2PLAY OMG WEN U RWERE IN RAD, U QQED BOUT ROC/ENRAGE N HOW MCH U HATE DEM OMG STOP JUMPING BANDWAGON OMG STOP ACTING LYK U OWN US SO BAD WEN I 1SHOTTED U LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
    LOLOLOL
    LOL
    l2pIRL

Phew. I feel a little better now. b:bye
  • Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear
    Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    priceless b:kiss
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Now that's an effort.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I just dropped a tear. :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Qiuyue - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I'mLikeSoCute b:cute
  • Chansore - Heavens Tear
    Chansore - Heavens Tear Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pro work Q. Pro!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of United Lions Liberation Front
    not to be confused with the
    ..Liberators Movement for Lions
    or.....Lions United Front
    or........United Lions Front for Liberation of all Lions

Retired b:bye but still trolllinnnnnn
  • Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yes i got 1 shoted by Qb:surrenderb:avoidb:chuckle

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • Qiuyue - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Neky 1shotted me with a slap. b:cry
  • thanduril
    thanduril Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    tl|dr
    10chars
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    thanduril wrote: »
    tl;dr
    10chars

quote has been properly grammar policed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.