free res??

Comments

• Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Very elloquently put Amazonian. But what do you do about the ksers when that happens? I presume you don't buff them just to get them to go away.
    And about the soloing thing, I'm wondering how your (Amazonian's and other cleric players who say it's easy/do able to solo) stats were allocated. I went with the full heal build (9 mag 1 str every 2 lvls) and it is impossible for me to tackle anything my level or sometimes five levels below without at least some kind of tank to draw aggro. I've heard that clerics stand a better chance at higher levels because a lot more mobs use magic attacks but at the level I'm at it's all physical, there by **** me over.

A little off topic, but I sort of wish the game would allow for some kind of status over a players head that could be used for things such as being afk, or in the case of a cleric we could put something like "ask nicely or get nothing" ^-^

OT Alert: b:avoid
    I have the same build btw 9mag/1str (and by no means see this as a support based setup), and I've never had any problem soloing everything around my level. I have normlly had pretty decent equips though.

Two pieces of advice around that level I suppose.
    1. Use physical defence necklaces and belts. As you have noticed, most of the mobs are physical so those elemental necklaces just suck.
    2. Look for gear that has +vit/hp/phys def in the blue stats. Again, at your level this is probably more important than having good magical resists for the reasons you've already said. Levelling up Vanguard is pretty important early on too.

You may also want to do what a lot of clerics do and just pump 20 vit or so, it doesnt actually affect your heals that much, will help you massively in the early levels, and will possibly be needed later on when you start running things like TT. In the end you can just buy a reset note for 500k to go back to full mag, but by that time 500k wont be such a big deal anyway.
  • Hecatrice - Heavens Tear
    Hecatrice - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hello ppl! :)

I think that clerics should ress for free, since a cleric's main job is to heal, buff and ress. No, no, clerics cannot do only these things, but the character is built according to these skills.

BUT

it is annoying to receive pms while you are at Dreamweaver port to join a TT or an FB squad 'coz the party died and their cleric left. People from Friend lists do that of course. And I will agree on the polite request thing. Most ppl do not ask for buffs or ress nicely and it sounds like a command. Well, there are 2 choices.. either you do what they ask for, it won't cost anything, or you just ignore these requests.

I would ress a friend or a stranger who is nearby, free of charge of course, but noone who is far on the map, especially when exp scroll in on :P

Have fun everybody!
  • NigelDamas - Lost City
    NigelDamas - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I barely ever end up getting a res from a fellow cleric when I die. : (
    When I do however, I am usually ecstatic about it. :D Saves me not only a trip to town, but also lost EXP.

However, the thought that clerics are obligated to res, buff and heal whoever demands it is ridiculous. If I'm healing my party while they're fighting, you can either wait a few minutes or you can tele to town. Just stop spamming my chat window. But also, if my party gets snarky about my taking a few minutes to res a dead person? Well, unless they're paying me for my time, they can take it and shove it up the wazoo. >: F

When in need of a res or a buff, ask nicely! Don't spam us and be a goat **** about it.
  • Cortan - Heavens Tear
    Cortan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Maybe you should all think about what you are saying! This game is based on the community. If you help those in need then people will come back and play the game and if you dont help, complain, or be rude to new players then the game will fail as a whole. I am speaking from experience here. So if you dont wanna res. people then dont but be quiet about it. If you wanna help others then do it right and do not charge.
  • ChucknNorris - Heavens Tear
    ChucknNorris - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have a cleric as my alt and have buffed/revive alot of people.Though plenty of times i have gotten paid out of kindness of the player i have revived.Buffs i tend to be stingy with mostly because its my mp and us clerics tend to need the blue.I have paid plenty of clerics who offer help in killing bosses etc when they dont gain any big exp so i like to make it worth thier while and i think thats how it should go to be honest.Come on..you got cleric burning up their charms/pots on a wizzie tanking manatavip,or even pay the wizzie as wel lfor helping,i think they deserve some kind of profit or gift.

So be kind to your cleric friends.
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    Aysun - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i like how you ignore whoever doesn't agree with you. quiet down, nobody cares, your level 2 res isn't worth buying anyways.

Pointless post made only for the sake of pissing me off. Forp, I'm not kidding. Stop it or I will report you for harassment and abuse.
  • Anjin_fujiko - Sanctuary
    Anjin_fujiko - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As a cleric I would res anyone that happen to be close by, heal when they have multiple mobs on or give them a buff if I see them strugle fighting mobs

However, I will not res anyone that ask what lvl my revive is. Anyone asking my lvl of res then I tell them lvl 1 and they stop bugging me.

Also another way is buy a bow and hotkey it when ppl ask if you are a cleric, just switch to the bow and say you are an archer :)
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Glendir - Heavens Tear
    Glendir - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Also another way is buy a bow and hotkey it when ppl ask if you are a cleric, just switch to the bow and say you are an archer :)
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh

ROFL proven this does not work. (stuipid little icon next to head/name)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pointless post made only for the sake of pissing me off. Forp, I'm not kidding. Stop it or I will report you for harassment and abuse.

i'm not intentionally pissing you off, but you seem to be. if you weren't so arrogant, you wouldn't be pissed off.
  • Copperleaf - Harshlands
    Copperleaf - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Regardless of game or type of healer class, free choice is a wonderful thing. If people are rude, you can ignore them. Whether it's a rez, or someone asking for help for anything else. Anyone who takes any other player for granted is rude. For that matter, taking anything in real life for granted is precarious as well.
    Peace, and I look forward to healing and rezzing the nice people on Harshlands, as soon as I have the skill.
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    i'm not intentionally pissing you off, but you seem to be. if you weren't so arrogant, you wouldn't be pissed off.

And if you weren't so self-righteous you wouldn't be making comments that sound as though you're intentionally trying to insult anyone lower level than you. Do you seriously not see how you'd you're being? Unless there's some kind of secret I don't know about, you were level 30 once too, and I'm pretty sure you're res was level two as well, so stop patronizing me just because my skills are lower leveled. It's not like I can help it. Instead try saying something more constructive. >.<
    ROFL proven this does not work. (stuipid little icon next to head/name)

Lol. Yeah I've seen some clerics do that. But I just leave them alone. I respect when they don't want to do something. It's too bad that classes can be pegged like that though.
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm not a cleric so my feelings on this are biased a bit. I do carry GA's 90% of the time. When I **** up and die without one, its not because I expected to be in a dangerous spot. I'll ask my faction for help first then go down my friends list.
    I'm never impolite and don't mind at all if a cleric is unavailable for a res. I will keep going down the list.

That being said, only clerics with lev 10 revives are invited to go with my squads (not just me, but the whole party insists) This is consistent with our level though and is not unreasonable.

Often times I provide GA's for the clerics if I'm worried about the run, sometimes I'll even provide hp charms depending on what we are getting into or how much everyone benefits.

I sincerely hope anyone who is currently charging for res or who is contemplating it thinks it through more in depth. Every member of the party has the ability to make lifer miserable in some way. The cleric generally pays for it when things go south.

If the tank starts getting heals, but stops and lets you have the heal aggro...
    If the DD's get lazy and let the fights go on instead of ending them as quickly as possible..conserves thier MP charms at the expense of the repair bills and the charm of the cleric...
    If the person banking the run decides that you've already made enough money by charging for res and gives you no drops...

These are all squad based comparisons, regarding flying across the world for a res...thats your call, you can say no. You'll not make friends if your right next to the person....And...you'd better never be in thier squad or thier friends squad, or even thier factions squad when they remember it.

I've watched a vendictive cleric before..its not pretty. I've also watched as wiz's laugh and walk away at MantaVip. Barbs who laugh all over the zone as they walk away from a Krimson kill.

As has been pointed out, in a squad run, usually 2 clerics if its dangerous. Your not just hurting the other classes but your own also. I've seen clerics die..it happens alot. Are you prepared to pay every time you die too? Seems a bit counterproductive to the argument that you don't have enough money now...
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Eliathel...your grammer was a bit hard to understand but I think I got the gist and I completely agree with you. It's not fair for a cleric to lose so much more than everyone else. Especially with how hard it is for us to level. We can't solo and pwn as easily as veno's, barbs or even bms can.

I'm sorry, but I laughed when I read this. b:chuckle I am not trying to flame, but it is not hard for a cleric to solo. I solo'ed most of my quests, except for FB and Bosses. If you are having trouble soloing, there are threads in this section that can give you tips on how to attack mobs. Granted 20-30 were difficult but not that bad, and it goes by very quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    And if you weren't so self-righteous you wouldn't be making comments that sound as though you're intentionally trying to insult anyone lower level than you. Do you seriously not see how you'd you're being? Unless there's some kind of secret I don't know about, you were level 30 once too, and I'm pretty sure you're res was level two as well, so stop patronizing me just because my skills are lower leveled. It's not like I can help it. Instead try saying something more constructive. >.<

i'm not attacking anyone because their level. you're acting as if someone would pay for your res - i know they wont. and besides, when i was level 30 everybody else was level 20. asking for a res then was pointless.
  • DoctorHouse - Sanctuary
    DoctorHouse - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Although I voted not to charge for Rez, I will not fly cross the map to rez someone unless its a guild member, and oddly they hardly ever request that if your far away.

people on friends list are the ones that recently have been requesting Rez's, and spending coin to take 2-3 transports plus or using up 15-30 min to get to someone to rez them, is rediculous, not to mention that sometimes, they have the nerve to ask for a rez surrounded by high lvl mobs, what do they expect, me to clear them out?

But, if I see a request for a rez in the area I am in, and im not in the middle of team support, sure free rez and buffs. Heck I sometimes hang around west Archo battlegrounds, buffing and healing newcomers, while waiting for my crazy stone timer.
  • slyjoker27
    slyjoker27 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Since I just started my cleric I thought this would be an interesting thread to read. Obviously at this point, nobody is asking me for a rez, but i have played other games similar to PW, and I have one very simple policy. If i am in a party, then the party comes first. I made a commitment and the members of my party are expecting that my primary objective is to keep them alive and buffed and my secondary objective is to help deal with the mobs.
    However, if i am not in a squad, and i see somebody in need of healing i will usually heal without being asked and i will sometimes buff, but when somebody demands for a service that i do not have to provide, i usually ask them to ask nicely. I know that when i do that people are not always sincere, but like many other clerics, i simply feel obliged to help.
    On the subject of traveling across an entire map to rez somebody, then my answer is no, because when i play I prefer to have fun, and not cater to the needs of people i do not know. Though this does not hold true if a friend or guildie is asking for help.
  • Deathrowjr - Sanctuary
    Deathrowjr - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Honestly I think that's just pretty dumb.
    The main reason I wanted to play cleric was because
    I would be able to help people out, knowing they might not
    help me back. Is Cleric not a SUPPORT HERO? If you don't like
    being in the back or helping out people, then this isn't the hero for you.
    I honestly love just helping out people, from healing to buffing and to
    ressurecting. Why would I charge people? It's only just mana, which can
    be like gained back in 10 seconds? And plus you at lvl 10 revive you make
    them lose only 0.2 exp!!
  • Calyss - Heavens Tear
    Calyss - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If u are a cleric do what u think is right ;) All up to u, no one will make your decision
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrfinland - Harshlands
    Mrfinland - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ressing for free is ok.

however people asking me to come across half of the world are annoying..
    especially when there usually are priests closer...
    ---> MrFinland <---
    > Cleric <
    ----> Crimson <----
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    i'm not attacking anyone because their level. you're acting as if someone would pay for your res - i know they wont. and besides, when i was level 30 everybody else was level 20. asking for a res then was pointless.

I don't see how asking for a res is ever pointless, or why you were ten levels above everyone else in the area. And I act as though people would pay because good people do/would. If not in coin then in some form of item, or even with their time. My boyfriend and I were playing on our mains (archer and veno) on Dreamweaver and he pulled a stupid and died. A wonderful cleric resed him, then he forgot to meditate and initiated combat. He died again. So she resed him again and he offered to pay her 10k as thanks. Really, I think that clerics deserve a lot more than they get as far as help and appreciation. I'm building up another alt cleric on Dreamweaver because there's less time in the data transfer and she gets no help what-so-ever. Even though that's all she gives.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    i was level 30 on the first day, i got it fast. the only person above me was a veno, and there's always a veno outleveling someone. by time i was in my 40s(the next day) everything had calmed down and i slowed down. i quit the game for awhile(personal life didn't allow me to play) and ended up falling behind almost 30 levels behind my friend =\.

res isn't worth paying for until it's at least level 6. at 6 it says 50%. and even then, i wouldn't pay for it. i would, however, pay for a level 10 if they asked. i wouldn't pay a total random coin up front for something they were willing to do for free, though.

i, as well as other clerics, don't expect to be paid to give them a quick helping hand. it's nothing. the cost of the skill is too small to be taken seriously. it cost less than 10 guardian angels and last forever(10 is the amount you get a discount for in the boutique). i do, however, grab one or 2 when i'm going to a hh run with a squad i'm unfamiliar with. it doesn't bother me to res them, because i almost expect them to die. i don't expect them to pay me for it, but i expect my fair share of items in the end.

i've personally never died in an fb.
  • Silverglare - Dreamweaver
    Silverglare - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Cleric should recive a skill that when they die the enter a spirit for for 30 second or so and can heal people but not revive. giveing other tinme to clear what kileld the cleric
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Level thirty on one day? Those are the people that I think can be considered no-lifers. -_-
    Unlike those people, normal ones who do other things in a day besides just playing PW actually take quite a bit of time to get to level 30. I'd say about a week or more if you're playing at medium/sparing amount of time per day (by that I'm mean 5-1 hours on PW a day). It takes a lot of time and work to balance play with other activites, so to those of us who have a life getting our res up high is a lot of work, and it makes sense that we would want at least some small token to make it worth our time and energy to get.

I really like that idea, Silverglare. Maybe you should post it on the skill suggestions thread cause that would certainly make things a bit more convenient. However how would that solve the problem of a dead cleric?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    took 7 hours, on and off playing, to get 33 in 1 day. solo.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You must have been using esoterias. There's no way to hit level 33 in 7 hours if you're playing legitimately (by that I mean without cash shop items).
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    no. i quested. jeez, venos did it even faster.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think we need to start charging just to get rid of this sense of entitlement that everyone seems to have. They are willing to wait for long periods of time trying to get some cleric to increase his or her down time just to save them from their mistake. Did they ask the cleric to join their group before they died? No. They wanted to solo for experience because the cleric was a less efficient killer than they were. Well now they are dead and they just want to mooch off the cleric's skills. I play a pure magic cleric and I die very easily. When I die I take my experience penalty and move on. My character is so fragile that grinding is rarely worth the time because dying is so easy and has such a penalty yet if I want to group for experience it does not exist because everyone wants to solo for creature grinds.

People should learn to not solo without a charm unless they intend to take the full experience penalty. If taking the full experience penalty does not sound appealing then start asking every cleric you see in the same area if they would like to join you. They may or may not agree to, but you should be proactive in trying. I would not hesitate to raise a person that asked me to party even if I chose to decline for some reason. But when that same person that denied partying with me asks for a raise I am going to leave them to rot (unless they offer money) because they chose to go it alone and got what they deserved.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Cleric should recive a skill that when they die the enter a spirit for for 30 second or so and can heal people but not revive. giveing other tinme to clear what kileld the cleric

What clerics really need is a self-raise buff. It would cost as much as a raise and would give the same amount of experience back as a raise, but it would be a buff that lasts 30 minutes or an hour and would allow them to revive when they die without anyone else needed to cast revive on them. This would benefit both the cleric and any party that has only one cleric.
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    I think we need to start charging just to get rid of this sense of entitlement that everyone seems to have. They are willing to wait for long periods of time trying to get some cleric to increase his or her down time just to save them from their mistake. Did they ask the cleric to join their group before they died? No. They wanted to solo for experience because the cleric was a less efficient killer than they were. Well now they are dead and they just want to mooch off the cleric's skills. I play a pure magic cleric and I die very easily. When I die I take my experience penalty and move on. My character is so fragile that grinding is rarely worth the time because dying is so easy and has such a penalty yet if I want to group for experience it does not exist because everyone wants to solo for creature grinds.

People should learn to not solo without a charm unless they intend to take the full experience penalty. If taking the full experience penalty does not sound appealing then start asking every cleric you see in the same area if they would like to join you. They may or may not agree to, but you should be proactive in trying. I would not hesitate to raise a person that asked me to party even if I chose to decline for some reason. But when that same person that denied partying with me asks for a raise I am going to leave them to rot (unless they offer money) because they chose to go it alone and got what they deserved.

HALLELUJAH!!! b:victory

My alt is a full heal cleric that gets no help, but seems to always be under pressure to give it to those who denied it. There's something just not right about that.
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    As you may notice cleric IS NOT HELPING others, its just another char.... why are we supposed to buff and rez everyone? Do barbs and archers party me to give me my buffs? No.. we are the only class that can buf outside party (excepto venos with brambles) and we are also expected to do that? NO WAY MAN!
    And many many ppl dont party cleric bcs they kill slow, that its true.... so why do we have to rez those same ppl? For free.... and nothing in exchange?
    This game is comunity based... ok, Ill give you that, but how much % of ppl actually help without getting nothing in exchange? Almost zero.... doing boss is hard, ppl is actually asking money for bosses, so why should I rez for free?