free res??

Comments

• sageofeternity
    sageofeternity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    "Free rezing?" Is that a joke?! Yes it should be free! Healing and reviing others is the primary apect of clerics. Plus, when you die, you loose EXP. And that's bad enough on it's own. If you ask for payment in exchange for rezzing someone, then you're a Class-A jerk! b:angry

::breaths deeply:: Sorry if that was a rant. b:surrender
    Men seek wisdom and power. Wisdom comes from experience, power comes from knowledge.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If the person makes the request rudely -- ask for payment.

If the request is made politely -- be nice and res for free. b:pleased

For the players that would like to be paid for their services, exactly how much do you intend to charge? And does the trading window even work when you are kissing the dirt?

no it doesn't. the idea of charging people is void - they could simply walk away. complain about it on wc? nobody will care. stop being a cheap chump.

it cost 278,050 coin to get 1-10 in revive. assuming you leveled it every time you got the chance, you earned back every cent within the next hour. get over it, this isn't killing your coin by dropping a res on someone who mistakenly died.
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    Aysun - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    it cost 278,050 coin to get 1-10 in revive. assuming you leveled it every time you got the chance, you earned back every cent within the next hour. get over it, this isn't killing your coin by dropping a res on someone who mistakenly died.

I don't know what the heck you're talking about, getting that much coin within an hour. It takes far longer than that, cause a cleric is stuck to party play, and everything is split. Maybe if you solo you can do that, but as a full heal cleric, I haven't been able to solo since level 19.

It's funny, how the opinions of the people of PW community change. The reason this thread was started was because no other thread could be find to address this. But I know I had seen one before. So after digging through pages of threads I found it and take a look at how much the insistent people of perfect world have changed their opinion.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=110181
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    to reply n aysun....actually cleric is not stuck to party play....i have solod 95% of my quests, including heaven wear, and the ones i did party were to help a guildie on the same quest. Im not being insulting to you aysun, i just dont want all ppl to keep thnking that a cleric cant solo, cause iron heart gives us the ability too, and since we stat magic only, well our attacks our fabulous considering our class. We are strong powerful characters aysun, and dont let anyone tell u different
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't know what the heck you're talking about, getting that much coin within an hour. It takes far longer than that, cause a cleric is stuck to party play, and everything is split. Maybe if you solo you can do that, but as a full heal cleric, I haven't been able to solo since level 19.

At lvls 25 - 29 I had lots of problems cause the quests at those lvls are at Broken Plain, a very laggy location if you have a pc like mine (5 years old) so I always needed to be in a squad in order to finish my quests.
    After lvl 30 you'll be able to solo quite easily, I mean, well you have to be really bad in order to have hard time.

And as Niraneth said, Clerics are far from weak, they actually kick mayor **** both in PvP and PvE. A couple of days ago some Barb even called me a cheater cause he couldn't beat me and I always had almost full hp at the end of the battle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    As a friendly member of society there really is nothing wrong with ressing people for free just to be nice. I will never charge someone for a res, and if they try then I will decline and say thankyou but it really isn't a problem. On the other hand I'm not going to res people who aren't polite about it in the first place, if someone barks "cleric res me" you can be sure they are going to town or waiting for the next person to come along. If someone says "Isaphet, would you mind ressing me please? I'm at 568, 374, altitude 50" then of course I'm going to be a decent human being and res them. Yes if my party member needs heals then I'm going to attend to that first, but once I have a free minute, it really isnt that big a deal to go res them and my party are of course going to understand that.

If you are walking down the street and someones car broke down and the asked "Exscuse me, would you mind giving me a hand pushing this old banger to bump start it?" How A-holeish would it be to say "I charge a dollar for that, I had to buy food to give me the energy to perform such a task, and it costs me $40 a month to attend the gym, so you must supplement that for me to help you".

One thing I'm not going to do ever is fly across the world to res someone who messed up. It costs more in time for me to do that than it would for them to buy a guardian angel, if they cared that much about their xp, they should have gone out prepared or been a lot more cautious. Frankly its ridiculous that people expect it when the option of a GA is there.

Overall politeness and respect of your fellow players should come from both sides. If you want a res, you should be polite and patient, and a cleric should repay that by being gracious and ressing you for free.

To Aysun, clerics are a formidable solo class, possibly only outmatched by venomancers if played correctly and frugally. A "full heal" cleric is a poor party based class, and a poor solo class. Which would you prefer in a party, someone who sits back and only keeps you alive, or someone who keeps you alive while killing 1/3 of the mobs too? Its not an option for anyone who wishes their cleric to even be adequate, let alone succesful. Levelling up spells such as Blessing of the purehearted and Wellspring surge before you get Plume shot and Great cyclone is wasteful and detracts from your ability to play in an efficient party.

Edit: Btw guys, I think you actually all agree with each other on the whole, you should check through the posts, you dont seem to have that different opinions ;)
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    If you are walking down the street and someones car broke down and the asked "Exscuse me, would you mind giving me a hand pushing this old banger to bump start it?" How A-holeish would it be to say "I charge a dollar for that, I had to buy food to give me the energy to perform such a task, and it costs me $40 a month to attend the gym, so you must supplement that for me to help you".

Finally a good argument. For that alone I thank you very much. You alone on this entire thread of squabbling (and yes I am to blame for some of that) has provided me with a perfectly logical, reasonable, and good example/argument to your point. I understand what you're saying and I highly respect it.
    To Aysun, clerics are a formidable solo class, possibly only outmatched by venomancers if played correctly and frugally. A "full heal" cleric is a poor party based class, and a poor solo class. Which would you prefer in a party, someone who sits back and only keeps you alive, or someone who keeps you alive while killing 1/3 of the mobs too? Its not an option for anyone who wishes their cleric to even be adequate, let alone succesful. Levelling up spells such as Blessing of the purehearted and Wellspring surge before you get Plume shot and Great cyclone is wasteful and detracts from your ability to play in an efficient party.

On this point however I politely disagree with you. I don't wish to turn this into a debate about full heal vs. hybrid or full attack clerics as that's not what this thread is about. However I personally believe that it is a poor choice for a cleric to put points in anything other than magic and the minimum strength required for their equipment, for reasons concerning skill effectiveness. I would like it if this point were left at that since I want to keep this thread on topic as much as possible. b:thanks
  • Blosumm - Heavens Tear
    Blosumm - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if someone is in my grinding area. im willing to rez..otherwise try someone else.
    hi from fur tv.b:laugh

Ed my comp is doing wierd b:sad, no***problem, im coming ..Ed my comp is not responding after your fixb:shocked...mmm thats just what i thoughtb:angry
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009

it cost 80k to max revive at level 10. you cant make 80k in an hour yet? i wouldn't know, i'm not your level. i said, every time you level it, you could get every cent back within an hour. and yes, it's very possible to do it. don't charge people for a such a small loss that you haven't even lost yet.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    it cost 80k to max revive at level 10. you cant make 80k in an hour yet? i wouldn't know, i'm not your level. i said, every time you level it, you could get every cent back within an hour. and yes, it's very possible to do it. don't charge people for a such a small loss that you haven't even lost yet.

i help ppl get armor/wep (i usually give my previous set of wep/armor away unless im REALLY strapped for coin like right now b:cry)/skill/finish quests and bosses and clerics rez/heal me :D
    (props for paxideric,temmypoo,luna,others (u know who u are)b:victory)
    reputation matters b:pleased

i would not make a friend go from TS to DW just for a rez but i would ask around and see if sombody was close
  • Fistriel - Heavens Tear
    Fistriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Other ppl use their skills to help me killing my Bosses or Questmobs. Especially Barbs use skills to keep aggro and me safe. They use their skills to help me and i use skills to help them - it's a give and take. I never would take coins for rev.

At the flying over the map thingy: I dont have to do it. It's my own decision. ^^ And if someone from my friendslist would asked me to rev him/her, who never has time to help me when i have a prob, i would say: "Sry, no time."
    For friends i do.

If i see a WC shout i track the coords to see, if i'm maybe near.

But i know our Cleric problem... we never can say "no". b:chuckle
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    But i know our Cleric problem... we never can say "no". b:chuckle

I partially blame that because the rest of PW expects us to res. I think the mind set is cleric's aren't allowed to be busy. People get ticked if they ask for a res and you tell them you can't/don't have time.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What annoys me is that we use a literal TON of spirit and coin on a skill that does -us- nothing good. The only people who really have to care about what level revive a cleric walks around with are everyone else - because the cleric itself will never ever need their own revive for anything. It is, in essence, a useless skill.

I have my revive on level 8. If anyone so far makes even the slightly grumble about me not raising the level, I tell them to cough up the ~150k it'll cost me in coin alone. Not to mention the ~100k spirit that will be gobbled up as well...

What really annoys me is that if my squad is wiped, and another cleric can't be summoned to help (eg. a FB with a full squad)... Then -I- have to lose the full experience penalty for dying, just so I can go back and save my comrades' experience...

Maybe clerics should unite and consistently demand Guardian Angels as payment for our services?
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    What annoys me is that we use a literal TON of spirit and coin on a skill that does -us- nothing good. The only people who really have to care about what level revive a cleric walks around with are everyone else - because the cleric itself will never ever need their own revive for anything. It is, in essence, a useless skill.

I have my revive on level 8. If anyone so far makes even the slightly grumble about me not raising the level, I tell them to cough up the ~150k it'll cost me in coin alone. Not to mention the ~100k spirit that will be gobbled up as well...

What really annoys me is that if my squad is wiped, and another cleric can't be summoned to help (eg. a FB with a full squad)... Then -I- have to lose the full experience penalty for dying, just so I can go back and save my comrades' experience...

Maybe clerics should unite and consistently demand Guardian Angels as payment for our services?

Oh my God I love you!! b:thanks

I'm sorry, but I just got so excited by what you said. Finally someone who's not harassing me about it being a cleric's job to res, and that it's easy to get the coin to pay for it (completely not even mentioning the spirit (which is always tight for me)), when the skill does us no good. You are my new favorite person ever. ^-^
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Some dungeon based logic for you to ponder over and take as you will.

Generally dungeons are done with two clerics. If cleric A and cleric B both level their res to 10, then when one of them dies the other can be ressd with a minimal loss to xp. This affects both clerics. If all clerics decided that, because it doesnt directly help them to level their own res, they would leave it at one, then both clerics in this situation are going to lose all their xp.

This brings up another interesting point. In the instance of full party wipes, which cleric must go back to town or use a res scroll? Is it reasonable to expect parties to supply GA's to at least one of the clerics for this service? Reasonably, I think it is, though I would never request it myself as I seem to have more money than others in this game (god knows how considering how much I spend on pots/charms etc).

I am not as rev happy as other clerics, I will not level it to the detriment of my attacking power. I level rev as it becomes somewhat meaningless spirit wise to do so. Right now I have it at level 7, it will cost 30k spirit to get it to level 8. At the moment to level it up further would be a good portion of another spell (100k spirit to level metal mastery up for example) so I will wait. When I'm 10 levels higher though and spells are costing me 200-300k to level, the 30k spirit to level it up to 8 will be insignificant enough to take it to the next step.

Note: I levelled it slightly higher than I intended to due to running a few fb89's with a much higher levelled squad. We were often dying and I didn't want my low level rev to become an issue, it was worth it for me from a game enjoyment perspective to have it slightly higher for this reason.
  • saleniece
    saleniece Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i meant pay for res if cleric isn't near you. some people shout for res.one shout is 10k.and sometimes they shout even more times. why they can't shout then that they will pay 10k and not waste money for second shout?
    i don't mind to res someone who is near me or when someone res me. i don't like that people expect others to fly all over the map to res you.
    and at level when your exp will matter then people will buy angels
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Every other single class dont have abilities who are not beneficial for them. If a barb takes bleed is in order to do his job on keeping aggro and be a decent tank.
    A cleric ofc have to rez in fb-hh but, what happens if this cleric (guessing theres only one in party) died because a barb didnt keep aggro or someone made a mistake? Then, guessing this cleric has a dolls he just lost 30-40k. If he has not a doll on, party will have to wait until he goes town, considering no one found a cleric.
    What im trying to say is that free rez its a relative concept. I do believe clerics should ask for a doll if no other clerics are provided just to be sure, at the end of fb-hh can it be given back.

And free rezing ppl, just if you nearby. I dont have to travel all world,
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I really like that idea about the lending of an angel if there are no other clerics in the party. But the problem is that a lot of people online aren't trust worthy enough for someone to just lend them an angel for an fb or something like that. So then it becomes a matter of trust for the people lending the doll. Usually they won't know the cleric they have with them, so they'll expect some kind of collateral payment just to be sure they get it back if it's not used.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    i really like the idea of you lowbies shutting up and ignoring such a moronic idea. if you're too damn cheap to level it, quiet down and move on. nobody cares.
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Lowbies think that way bcs that still dont realise how hard is to lvl a cleric and how expensive its gets.
    Rezzing random near players is fine by me, its just some mana. Being asked to travel all map is a different thing.
    My res is lvl 10, I worked hard to get it. Now when I go to a fb being the only cleric is not funny to pay hours of work for someone mistake.
    Lets say the wiz die... only 10%... ppl get too relax and mistakes happens. In a fb you dont know what ppl is with you, unless you played with them before.
    Just to tell something, I once had a veno (everything is ok with venos for me) that actually in a fb39 pull boss and mobs... can you imagine that? 4 mobs and the boss with aoe hitting us around. If I die there, Im the one losing the most, not them.

GA, dolls seems a fair deal.

Rezzing ppl around the world is not. (unless you are a good friend or pay for TP)
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    i really like the idea of you lowbies shutting up and ignoring such a moronic idea. if you're too damn cheap to level it, quiet down and move on. nobody cares.

Forp I'm sorry (no I'm really not but I'm trying to be as polite about this as possible) but please just shut up. If you have nothing constructive to say to this discussion and bash people around like this, then you're doing nothing but causing frustration.

Eliathel...your grammer was a bit hard to understand but I think I got the gist and I completely agree with you. It's not fair for a cleric to lose so much more than everyone else. Especially with how hard it is for us to level. We can't solo and pwn as easily as veno's, barbs or even bms can.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I just don't find res's people for free a huge deal....If I am close. However, I have a harder time with the never-ending hollers of "BUFF ME"...lol...That is more annoying, just ask nicely please....b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Please stop the flaming in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aithel - Sanctuary
    Aithel - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've played my Cleric through 70 levels - going on 5 months. During that time, I've never asked once for payment for a rez. But in that time 2 things have always occured:

1). I've NEVER left my squad during battle to rez - even for guildies or friends. The squad is my No. 1 priority.

2). I've never paid attention to world chat - or even area chat - when someone is asking for a rez. If someone whispers me and asks nicely, then I usually have no problem rez'ing them, and I'll even max heal them and if they ask, buff them. With 6500+ MP, 800-1000 MP is nothing in the grand scheme. With my mana recovery rate, I never have to meditate to recover from a rez, full heal and single-buffs. (But this takes No. 1 above into consideration...if I'm not in a squad, then mana recovery isn't an issue. I waste more time in the air flying between quest locations than I do with meditations.)

And as to the world chat screaming/demanding: When I'm running with a squad, I'm either on vent with that squad or squad chat. In either case, I'm paying too much attention to their health meters to even worry about the other banter. As I fly from place to place, I'll normally stay on faction chat, and still avoid the world chat banter.

But one other thing that I would like to bring up - I'll never advertize that I'll rez for pay either. Somewhere, and I can't remember where now, I saw a cleric advertise that he/she would fly anywhere at anytime to rez for 30k.

With all of that said, if someone offers to pay me for the rez, I'm not going to turn it down. b:laugh
  • Glendir - Heavens Tear
    Glendir - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I enjoy playing my cleric but im undecided on if I should charge for a res or not, of course to my knowledge you can not trade with a dead person(believe this should be changed if its true) and im sure after you res them they'll just run off with a slight chance of saying thank you.

Right now im level 42 and Im finding it hard to grind/farm by myself cause as everyone says clerics are supportive class only and I agree thats why I played one so I could actually get into some groups and make some friends. But recently no one wants to group with me and I can walk around with a slogan on my head for hours and still get no invites (free or random). I have how ever asked befor and was told there was a fee. Id have to pay someone to take damage and yet still be responsable in healing them?

Really the in game econemy is high and and some people dont have credit cards to pay for stuff in the item mall If I didnt I know I would charge for things cause id want some nice stuff to.
  • Amazonian - Heavens Tear
    Amazonian - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I am a cleric who often does fight/quest solo. I take my time and meditate as needed. But I do find it extremely annoying when people are rude about getting buffs or rez just because they see a cleric in the area. Myself and other clerics in my faction have simply decide, ask nice or get nothing. Of course there have been the few occassions that I've been called various names for not stopping my quest to answer the local chat of "I NEED A REZ", ecspecially if I'm near enough to see them go down. This is usually followed by a whisper of "I can see you I need a rez". As I fly off more whispers and name calling, which is only returned with "next time learn how to ask."
    Then there is the "hey buff me" while I'm at the banker or merchant. Which again I ignore simply because there is no respect. This results in more name calling or being followed and subsequently continually KSed for not giving buffs.
    As far as the "YOUR A CLERIC, IT'S WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO DO," I'm suppose to be able to play and enjoy myself without the onslaught on whispers telling me what I'm suppose to do. The way I see it the only people I feel obligated to buff/rez are my faction mates. If you're not in someones faction then ask nice or leave the nearby cleric alone. A little kindness and respect goes a long way.
  • Aysun - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Very elloquently put Amazonian. But what do you do about the ksers when that happens? I presume you don't buff them just to get them to go away.
    And about the soloing thing, I'm wondering how your (Amazonian's and other cleric players who say it's easy/do able to solo) stats were allocated. I went with the full heal build (9 mag 1 str every 2 lvls) and it is impossible for me to tackle anything my level or sometimes five levels below without at least some kind of tank to draw aggro. I've heard that clerics stand a better chance at higher levels because a lot more mobs use magic attacks but at the level I'm at it's all physical, there by **** me over.

A little off topic, but I sort of wish the game would allow for some kind of status over a players head that could be used for things such as being afk, or in the case of a cleric we could put something like "ask nicely or get nothing" ^-^
  • Amazonian - Heavens Tear
    Amazonian - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I've built my character placing 3 points into magic at every level. The other two points usually 1 to vitality and 1 to dexterity. Every 4 or 5 levels I'd put a point into strength. There have been some times that I put 2 points into dex. to up my evasion, crits and accuracy. I've also created macros that makes it a bit easier. I've done most mobs my level solo. Some take longer and more pots than other, metal mobs being the worst. I also make sure everything I wear has elemental pluses to it.
    And with KSers, no I don't buff them. I take note of their name for later refernce and leave. Upon occassion I'll call upon other faction members to join me and the remedy the problem quickly. I find that a KSer does not enjoy when the tables are turned.
    Another thing that may help you, learn to kite a mob. Hit and run tactics are sometimes necessary to allow your pots to refresh or give yourself a moment to heal.
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Hey Amazonian... what build do you have? Is quite unusual... I mean, cleric do needs 3 points into magic every lvl (to use their appropiate weapon for their lvl) 1 str every 2 lvl (same issue for weapon) and the rest is free....
    Are you aiming for light armor?

....Aysun, cleric at later lvls can grind solo without problem, maybe metal mobs will make you suffer a bit, but you can heal yourself (ironheart), unless you aggro too many mobs you should be ok.

Still I do believe that in one cleric per party, dolls should be asked and then returned.
    Fees for rez are only asked if you have to travel a lot.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Forp I'm sorry (no I'm really not but I'm trying to be as polite about this as possible) but please just shut up. If you have nothing constructive to say to this discussion and bash people around like this, then you're doing nothing but causing frustration.

Eliathel...your grammer was a bit hard to understand but I think I got the gist and I completely agree with you. It's not fair for a cleric to lose so much more than everyone else. Especially with how hard it is for us to level. We can't solo and pwn as easily as veno's, barbs or even bms can.

i like how you ignore whoever doesn't agree with you. quiet down, nobody cares, your level 2 res isn't worth buying anyways.