Love in PW??

Options

Comments

• Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    95% of the female characters in-game are dudes or jailbait.

And yeah, some are even **** dudes. So uh, be careful who you flirt with if you aren't into that. b:bored
  • Foxy_licious - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_licious - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Heh I found my first love in a game not this one though. Even if it was an on-line relationship it lasted 7 months..omg that much?...we broke up in the end but it was a beautiful experience b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [XxX][I don't have to justify the way I live my life][XxX]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    95% of the female characters in-game are dudes or jailbait.

It doesn't help with venomancers being female only. Some of us guys were just too tempted in her....uh....pets! b:cry And we venos are the best at soloing. Makes the game that much easier. b:laugh
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Heh I found my first love in a game not this one though. Even if it was an on-line relationship it lasted 7 months..omg that much?...we broke up in the end but it was a beautiful experience b:cute

I don't understand why you guys classify it as a relationship. How can you form any bond other than friendly with someone who only communicates with u thru pixels? Even vent is not enough if u never met the person. Why not just a friendship or something?

All you guys are doing is showing how much fail your life has become. =/
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I don't understand why you guys classify it as a relationship. How can you form any bond other than friendly with someone who only communicates with u thru pixels? Even vent is not enough if u never met the person. Why not just a friendship or something?

Even a friendship is a relationship. Literature, your views while understandable, are narrow minded sometimes. I met my second wife online. Although we parted because of religious/spiritual differences, her and I still care for one another and are still friends to this day. Had I not met her online, I would have missed out on the chance to meet and love a wonderful and lovely woman.

~S
  • Foxy_licious - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_licious - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Erm maybe...my social life wasn't that great when I met him..and I have crushes on people quite easyb:surrender..I don't know how, but I really fell in love with this guy...even if we didn't have the happiest relationship ever and i suffered a lot...I learnt a lot of things from this experience. I'm a weird girl and do weird thingsb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [XxX][I don't have to justify the way I live my life][XxX]
  • Kiittyara - Sanctuary
    Kiittyara - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It is definitely possible to fall in love with someone through a game. Me and my current boyfriend met in a different mmo (Kal Online) and we started talking and became really good friends and eventually fell in love...we've been in love for over a year and have been living together for about 8 months now and we get along really well. Soooo finding someone special through a game is a big possibility!
  • Kiittyara - Sanctuary
    Kiittyara - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

For me, in order to fall in love, you have to be friends first. If you talk to someone enough and feel comfortable enough to open up to them, you can eventually fall in love, even if you don't get to see each other in person. Of course it's hard to be in love with someone you can't touch, but you can still love them anyway.

And how does that show how fail someones life is? It's just a different way to make friends other than school or work or going out. They're still real people, just on the other end of the internet.
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It's just a different way to make friends other than school or work or going out. They're still real people, just on the other end of the internet

yup true that, i made so many friends in this game and i care so much about all of tham, i am verry happy to have met everyone,
    And yes it would be nice if we could actualy meet, but other than that, ingame relationships are based on trust and apreciation, stop critisizing you freaks!!!!
    dont pick on someone who is just way to happy with her / his ingame friends / friend "lover"
    if not : IMA PUT THE HUGGY HARES ON YOUR A***S b:pleased
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Yondaimez - Sanctuary
    Yondaimez - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    kooshdin wrote: »
    I tell you something the other day this girl in Lost City asked me to help her with her culti quest and I got to carry her !

This made me love the experience it made me feel so romantic carrying her to the quests etc, she even planted a kiss on me too it was sweet. Even though this made me feel in love, i dont like to take things anywhere in game, and the friendship ended soon after the culti quest ended.

Anyway yes my opinion is that you can find romance in a game especially when the games allow you to do romantic things together :)

You Sir, are a ****
  • Deathsyt - Dreamweaver
    Deathsyt - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You most definitely CAN find love in a game. Asking if you can is silly, people saying you can't just don't have open minds. What about it being a game keeps you from finding love? If you make a deep connection with someone, love can be found anywhere; No matter what the circumstances. I am currently dating someone online, and I know people who are happily married in real life who found their partners *gasp* in an online game! Just because you haven't found someone in a game, doesn't mean it's impossible.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yea its possible.. i found my current girlfriend on a video game .. and now we've been living together for 8 months .. and now we play PW together haha (we met on a different game though)
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yea its possible.. i found my current girlfriend on a video game .. and now we've been living together for 8 months .. and now we play PW together haha (we met on a different game though)

hey, your new avatar rocksb:victory

you look older though.b:laugh
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Anything in life is possible if you allow yourself to take chances. My husband and I have been proudly married for 2 years now. In 2003-2004 We met online in Arcadia a world within Active Worlds (3D virtual reality chat program). I was serving him dinner at my Pub in AW, and from there started a friendship. We later became partners and owners of our own RPG within AW, and continued the online relationship. In 2006 we decided to take it a step further and he moved to my home town, and In 2007 we were married. Online relationships can be dangerous just as they can be rewarding. Now as, for the marriage thing in PWI, I feel it can be done as game play only, just as killing a mob boss is game play. What two people choose to do after that is their choice and as long as they are smart, all should be fine. I do have to admit even playing with Drago online in PWI, I still get butterflies..hehe

Vanya

Edit: Please remember this should only be done with consenting adults....
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Dragodarknae - Heavens Tear
    Dragodarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    *chuckles*

Yes we met online and at first I was skeptical because of the fears of, what type of person is she, is she really a SHE, is she 900 lbs and look like a gorgon from Hades?

Then the moment came of when she called me to talk to me about buying an avatar online and the moment I heard her voice something clicked. My imagination went wild with different scenario's and I thought you know what ill keep cool and just wait it out.

So I did and here we are happily married and doing just fine.

My only advice is watch out who your speaking to and make sure they are who they say they are, whether it be by voice chat or video chat thru msn or yahoo.

I love you baby and yes I still get butterflies too b:dirty b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BladeMaster of Perfect World
    Husband of VanyaDarknae
    Shylael Director
    "Be who you are lest you let yourself down. Train hard, don't kill steal and have fun, this is a game people"
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    rexington wrote: »

Have you ever fallen in lpve with someone you met from a game? Did it end as something healthy for you as a person (not character) Or were you one of those who kept it 100% in-game only?

It takes all types, and most people end up finding that special someone, who is a constant hunting partner, etc. What attracted you to them as opposed to the thousands of other people out there?

Doing a brief study, and generally curious about how people feel on this subject. Please reply, add anything you want..have opinions about in regards to this subject.

Me and my boyfriend met in another MMO (not sure if names are allowed to be mentioned on here?), it's generally a long story but there was an instant connection and now a year later, we're living together and very very happy.

So I do believe you can fall in love through games/the internet and it shouldn't be a taboo subject.

b:victory

(Post above me is sooo sweet)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    *chuckles*

Yes we met online and at first I was skeptical because of the fears of, what type of person is she, is she really a SHE, is she 900 lbs and look like a gorgon from Hades?

Then the moment came of when she called me to talk to me about buying an avatar online and the moment I heard her voice something clicked. My imagination went wild with different scenario's and I thought you know what ill keep cool and just wait it out.

So I did and here we are happily married and doing just fine.

My only advice is watch out who your speaking to and make sure they are who they say they are, whether it be by voice chat or video chat thru msn or yahoo.

I love you baby and yes I still get butterflies too b:dirty b:kiss

Very similar to you. We have 7 years married, 2 kids and another one coming.b:victory

BTW, I met my wife on a chat and we were in two different countries.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I dont know about finding "Love" but i found some chick i really like and were getting married in-game. and i feel good about it
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NFlamel - Sanctuary
    NFlamel - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I dont know about finding "Love" but i found some chick i really like and were getting married in-game. and i feel good about it

This.
    And whatever comes next is a bonus!
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I don't know about finding love in PWI specifically, or within any MMO. Finding love online at all is an iffy proposition. Hidden behind a computer screen and possibly thousands of miles, we can seem to be whatever we want online, so judging what is truth and what is fake becomes a rather hard thing to do. And this encroaches upon trust. You need trust to build a good relatinship and the internet basically saps that away, especially if you are an insecure or suspicious type.

All that said, I met my husband online on a text-based RP bulletin board 8 years ago, and we've been happily married for a year now (living together for almost four). I don't recommend trying online relationships, because very few of them actually succeed. I happen to be one of the lucky (very lucky <3) ones. Most of the people we knew from the forum had relationships that were on again, off again, and lasted, at most, a month. From what I've heard, one other couple from back then is still together, out of the dozens that were made and broken over the two years we all socialized together on that forum (Audiogalaxy's Gundam Wing Message Board, btw. If anyone knows WTH I'm talking about, I'm Kitz/Eve/Calmyhra. And yes, SilentStorm and I really did get married last year.)

I've been in two online relationships prior to the one with my husband. One was a childish thing when I was a young teenager, and I can't recall how long it lasted. It was more of a poetry exchange than anything XD The second was years later, on the same forum, a while before I got involved with my now-husband. That relationship, while nice while it lasted, broke apart the instant we met in person.

For a successful online relationship, you have to know each other through different media. My husband and I conversed on the forum, in AIM, over the phone. We were in touch for three years before we met in person. And the rest was history, for a year later we were living together, and another four years has now passed. The odds of us finding each other were minute, and even smaller were the odds that it would actually work out. But it has, and I wouldn't have any one else as my husband <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ghost1823 wrote: »
    Can you find love over a game or the internet, sure... People say you need help because you bring up the idea or perhaps you have found someone you liked.

Scientist have done studies over and over on the male and female hormones as far as "romance" goes. Females, if you have the light dimmed with candles going, hormones are higher then they are for lights on, or lights off. Males hormones are on the other hand different, were normal. Keep the lights on or off, either way it doesn't matter both are the same. But they will turn the lights down and it will make there lady happy which psychologically makes them happy. Theres so many different factors that play into "romance". So if one person finds embracing a sexy pixel character and getting a kiss from it, which actually is animated well, there hormones for "romance" might go up. Like watching a romantic movie or maybe even a... you get the idea on that one.

What is different between the real world interactions and the computer? Words are the same, specially when using voice conferencing programs such as ventrilo. There is only two major difference's, one, nonverbal communication and two, being able to see the physical features of ones person. Non-verbal communication, yes plays a big part of "romance" but it does not make it everything. If one person speaks to another via computer and falls head over heels for them it means they enjoy there personality, the true inner beauty of that one person, and doesnt fall head over heels for there looks. Its like for example, my best friend in high school she wasn't the sexiest person in the world, not one I would walk up to and try to hook up with. But over the course of time she became the sexiest person in the world to me at the time. It wasn't her physical features that did it, it was her mind.

My fiance now... I met her once in high school, had good conversation with her at one point, but never talked to her more after that. Hell, I moved schools never saw her again. But she knew a friend of mine. I shipped away for the military and my buddy had said look, I got an excellent girl you might like Imma have her write you she even went to the same school as you. Next thing I know I get a letter from her. We start writting eachother back and forth for the 7 months I was gone, I fell for this girl that I have never met other then through a pen and paper, because as far as I could read and my occasional phone conversation with her that last about 10mins every two weeks. She had a great personality. Came home, turned out it was the same girl from high school, now shes my fiance...

So can it be found via internet... Yep...

Are you crazy/need psychological help for it... No...

I loved reading this one *candy for my soul somehow*
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    To add to this, might I say - very interesting thread, I met my ex boyfriend online. We started chatting and fell in love and it really felt genuine. Started to talk on the phone and we felt the same way there, and then we met and again - same way. We lasted for 6 years and even got a daughter together. It ended a few years ago, for the good I believe since I am now happier than ever. Now we live neighbours and I have a new man in my life and gave birth to a lovely daughter in dec 2008. They play so well together my two girls. We are all friends and we usually do stuff together like go fishing.

Life is funny somehow. But I am not gonna complain.

L.O.V.E
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    hm, well, IRL im married for 19+years to the same guy, with 4 kids, so im well taken care of the marriage/romance department there, and since we and the kids play PWI online, its taken care of here too. have some nice, romantic pics of GandalfOlori and FoxRunning togetherb:kiss

this being said, i really dont see a lot of difference between finding your lifemate/friends here ingame or elsewhere online...to me it seems a logical extention of the way people have come to know each other over time by writing letters/phone calls/emails/etc. there is always risk involved when learning about someone other than face to face (and that has its own set of risks, of course).

what does worry me is the great chance of pedophiles and other criminal types preying on children who play here. in our family, both my computer and that of our kids are in the same room, and theirs is situated where i can see their screen. they can play with headphones, and while i can see their screen, i am low vision (not blind, but with serious visual problems) detail is very unclear across the room, so they have a degree of privacy. i know what they are playing or working on, and since we are all in the same faction, we know who they are squadding with and so on. playing together as a family is a blast! i have a number of alts, which gives me flexiability in playing with them. two of our boys have barbs-one nearly lv50, the other just a 'baby barb', so i play with my low lv barb with them, or my various level venos. my daughter has a veno as well, and we have fun doing quests together, and my son with the lv40+barb and i play with my husband and his cleric and wiz. we are looking forward to our first summer of playing together here!b:kissb:chuckle

rexington wrote: »
    A post brought to you by xXLoveXx faction: xxlovexx.guildlaunch.com

Just curious how many people think you can find ic/ooc love from PW (or any game)

Me, personally..I'm not sure I could fall in love with someone from a game, but I could deffinatly see feelings of affection and flirtation for someone I spend hours with everyday.

Have you ever fallen in lpve with someone you met from a game? Did it end as something healthy for you as a person (not character) Or were you one of those who kept it 100% in-game only?

It takes all types, and most people end up finding that special someone, who is a constant hunting partner, etc. What attracted you to them as opposed to the thousands of other people out there?

Doing a brief study, and generally curious about how people feel on this sibject. Please reply, add anything you want..have opinions about in regards to this subject.

- Larthos / Sanctuary Server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Mistimancer - Heavens Tear
    Mistimancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Played Everquest from 1999 till 2005.... And I developped friendship over the time ( some we met IRL.. more than once...some we just kept contact even if we don't play no more... through MSN, GIFT, Facebook etc...)

I also met my BF on that game..started as friendship... met him once as a friend.. and we both felt something more... ( I was single mother at the time)we met many times after at each other home ( we lived 8 hours away ) he loved my daughter as much has his own kids and daughter and I moved with him in January 2006 and we are still together and much in love :)..

So yes.. we can find love in game... 2 of my bestest friends in Everquest also met and fell in love... they are married now and got a little baby....

I don't know lots of people other than my faction in this game so I cannot say if it happened in PWI also... but as for Everquest.. I know many couples that's been created through the game :)
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Anyone that thinks like these guys really goes need to have their heads examined because this screams pathetic loser.

i think its sweet!!!
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Some people on PWI are so ...annoying? Weird?
    Everywhere you go its like
    "Hey youre late darling! whered you go hun"
    Its like little gaming couples.
    And today on WC someone said something like
    "Whenever I look at you my knees are weak and my heart beats fast."
    "<insert some more poetic romance here"
    "will you marry me?"
    So i looked at it and was WTF!? I seriously thought he was actually asking her (ingame)to marry him IN REAL LIFE, not an in-game marriage.
    I never knew games could get so romantic, sometimes its kinda funny actually.
    Sometimes its kinda pathetic.

Although I seriously think most people meet their love in this game l
    ........................................................................................v
    outsidemmo.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Some people on PWI are so ...annoying? Weird?
    Everywhere you go its like
    "Hey youre late darling! whered you go hun"
    Its like little gaming couples.
    And today on WC someone said something like
    "Whenever I look at you my knees are weak and my heart beats fast."
    "<insert some more poetic romance here"
    "will you marry me?"
    So i looked at it and was WTF!? I seriously thought he was actually asking her (ingame)to marry him IN REAL LIFE, not an in-game marriage.
    I never knew games could get so romantic, sometimes its kinda funny actually.
    Sometimes its kinda pathetic.

Although I seriously think most people meet their love in this game l
    ........................................................................................v
    outsidemmo.jpg

PvP? Awesome! Sign me up!

On a serious note... I did the whole Internet Relationship thing... Which then became a serious IRL relationship. Which then became a marriage proposal. Which then became a living Hell. We had been completely honest and open with each other about everything, but IRL, we just were not compatible once we took it to that point... I believe it can happen, since I'd promised myself I'd never fall for someone online, yet, I ended up doing it anyway, but I'm never going to again. It's just not worth it for me. If I'm going to have someone shatter me, I'd rather have it be someone I've met and talked to beforehand, so I can get a feel for the warning signs a lot easier, and maybe not have it completely blindside me again.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I doubt it would ever happen but would be interesting to see if it did.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I met my girlfriend on myspace, we talked and then i met up with her and we have been together for two years shortly. It doesnt matter where you meat people as long as you are happy. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Mistimancer - Heavens Tear
    Mistimancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    PvP? Awesome! Sign me up!

On a serious note... I did the whole Internet Relationship thing... Which then became a serious IRL relationship. Which then became a marriage proposal. Which then became a living Hell. We had been completely honest and open with each other about everything, but IRL, we just were not compatible once we took it to that point... I believe it can happen, since I'd promised myself I'd never fall for someone online, yet, I ended up doing it anyway, but I'm never going to again. It's just not worth it for me. If I'm going to have someone shatter me, I'd rather have it be someone I've met and talked to beforehand, so I can get a feel for the warning signs a lot easier, and maybe not have it completely blindside me again.

You can be screwed and shattered even if you meet and all IRL...

My ex husband... we dated 1 year.. lived together 3 years... then we got married... and he turned into a monster during the honeymoon... 6 months later I gave him an ultimatum.. nothing changed... so we divorced..... What happened? Who knows.... but I guess it's a good thing 'cause now I have a wonderful man in my life :) That I met online :)