Love in PW??

Options
rexington
rexington Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
A post brought to you by xXLoveXx faction: xxlovexx.guildlaunch.com

Just curious how many people think you can find ic/ooc love from PW (or any game)

Me, personally..I'm not sure I could fall in love with someone from a game, but I could deffinatly see feelings of affection and flirtation for someone I spend hours with everyday.

Have you ever fallen in lpve with someone you met from a game? Did it end as something healthy for you as a person (not character) Or were you one of those who kept it 100% in-game only?

It takes all types, and most people end up finding that special someone, who is a constant hunting partner, etc. What attracted you to them as opposed to the thousands of other people out there?

Doing a brief study, and generally curious about how people feel on this sibject. Please reply, add anything you want..have opinions about in regards to this subject.

- Larthos / Sanctuary Server
Post edited by rexington on

Comments

• kooshdin
    kooshdin Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I tell you something the other day this girl in Lost City asked me to help her with her culti quest and I got to carry her !

This made me love the experience it made me feel so romantic carrying her to the quests etc, she even planted a kiss on me too it was sweet. Even though this made me feel in love, i dont like to take things anywhere in game, and the friendship ended soon after the culti quest ended.

Anyway yes my opinion is that you can find romance in a game especially when the games allow you to do romantic things together :)
  • Zombywoof - Lost City
    Zombywoof - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    you need therapy
  • kooshdin
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hahahahaha b:chuckle

This meeting with this person was romantic sorry youve never had it happen to you :P
  • Antalya - Lost City
    Antalya - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I've been dating my ingame hubby over the net for almost 5 months now. We hope to meet up this summer and go from there. b:pleased
  • scionofchaos
    scionofchaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Anyone that thinks like these guys really goes need to have their heads examined because this screams pathetic loser.
    Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
    Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
    Do not walk beside me, This twisted road I must walk alone
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    kooshdin wrote: »

This made me love the experience it made me feel so romantic carrying her to the quests etc,

OMG, The best laughing moment for several weeks have been this post.
  • kooshdin
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well it was true it took me by surprise :P

b:chuckle
  • scionofchaos
    scionofchaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hahahahaha b:chuckle

This meeting with this person was romantic sorry youve never had it happen to you :P

Sorry. I can't feel love for a person in a game. Guess that makes me an emotionless **** without a heart and a soul that I sold to Lucifer.
    Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
    Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
    Do not walk beside me, This twisted road I must walk alone
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry. I can't feel love for a person in a game. Guess that makes me an emotionless **** without a heart and a soul that I sold to Lucifer.

it might b:shocked b:chuckle
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • hysteriumx
    hysteriumx Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Anyone that thinks like these guys really goes need to have their heads examined because this screams pathetic loser.

why's that? lol, online relationships teach you to become attracted to the personality rather than the face. i'm not saying i would/wouldn't date anyone online or anything but calling someone a pathetic loser because of something they feel screams hypocrite to me lol..
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well it was true it took me by surprise :P

b:chuckle

I hope it was not a dude. Otherwise you might feel the opposite.
  • kooshdin
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well i didnt know either way but is that possibly one of the reasons why you lot havent felt in love in a game before, because your aware it might be a guy ?

I actually never thought about it, thought it was a girl all along ...
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well i didnt know either way but is that possibly one of the reasons why you lot havent felt in love in a game before, because your aware it might be a guy ?

I actually never thought about it, thought it was a girl all along ...

LOL, so you know I met my wife over the internet in a non-dating chat room (and of course, there was no way to be sure it was a girl either, lol). We did not have the romantic ride a kiss as you had but whaterver we did in our chat room worked fine.

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong on your case. I just find it funny.b:laugh
  • rexington
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I usually assume most females are guys too..so i rarely flirt..

My first week here a venomancer whispers to me, "You are much of sexy you like to love for me long time for sum gold?"

after taking 5 minutes to decipher that I replied, "Sure hun, lets go to my personal bank."

followed by me picking her up and flying her over a nearby lake..

"where we am to going, much farther?"

"Just a little further"

and dropped her in the middle of the lake from highest altitude.

1 extra note*

I have nothing against a guy playing a female character, it is there right..but come on...stop hitting on other guys and ACTING like your really a female.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

I think we have a winner for the Pathetic Loser of the Year award.

Here's your lump of coal.

*confers with the coal*

Oh, nevermind, the coal doesn't want to have anything to do with you, but you still get the title!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chris Hanson...

Have a seat right over there. b:chuckle
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • livibility
    livibility Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chris Hanson...

Have a seat right over there. b:chuckle

/thread.

Lol.
  • rexington
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Mean gm killed my thread b:cry

*chuckle*
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Even people's personality can get completely distorted online and many don't always show their true colours. So those who act like a complete [Removed] online may actually be very nice and down-to-earth IRL (although this I bet is incredibly rare) while those who seem very nice and polite in game may be someone you wouln't ever want to be aqaintenced with if you knew them for real. People can and do lie, just remember.

In-game romance should be kept in-game, IMO. At least you can't vomit in-game.

Now....who wants to marry me?!? <3 b:victory .... b:sin
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rexington wrote: »

My first week here a venomancer whispers to me, "You are much of sexy you like to love for me long time for sum gold?"

after taking 5 minutes to decipher that I replied, "Sure hun, lets go to my personal bank."

"Just a little further"

1 extra note*

I have nothing against a guy playing a female character, it is there right..but come on...stop hitting on other guys and ACTING like your really a female.

Heh you wouldn't believe the amount of male friends i have and me included that get hit on every day by(i assume)pathetic loser nerd types when on our venos,you get 10 steps down archosaur and already have a whisper of hi sexy,whats your name blah blah blah,some people take their role playing too far O.o

On topic,used to laugh at people who fell in love over the net ingames,but uhh met my girlfriend on a game who lived half way around the world,now we're living together and very happy,so yeah i guess it happens,and now don't ridicule anyone for it b:surrender
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • cecilwilderbrush
    cecilwilderbrush Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hey, I met my wife online.

Having said that, it was on a non-dating message board where I made friends with a bunch of other people including her. Also wound up IMing, talking on the phone and though we felt like we were developing feelings for each other, we took it slowly and were always aware of the fact that it might not necessarily be that way in person. Also worth noting that we were friends for almost a year before even thinking about going there.

Fortunately for us (because we were both actually honest, which isn't always the case between some people online) when we met in person, things obviously did work out.

I think you could potentially meet someone in the game, who through further interaction you might grow to have feelings for but truly falling into love with someone in the game in the truest sense of the word.... I don't think you can really be 100% sure of something like that until you spend time with them in person.

Having said that, I don't think you can genuinely fall in love with someone you just spoke to in a bar for a couple of hours either.
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    Cooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    People have many definitions for the word love.

But anyways.
    I believe you can fall in love in PWI
    or anything over the internet really.
    When two people are able to communicate and express feelings towards one another they gradually get closer.
    and maybe "love" will come or maybe just a good friendship
    but either way if you can meet your future wife/husband on those online dating services why not meet them from an online game?
  • aspidtauris
    aspidtauris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    love is forever good, gratz! and good luck! b:dirty

Aspidb:laugh
  • Itachi - Lost City
    Itachi - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Love is just an illusion or maby some peoples love is as thin as paper b:surrender ither ways i want no part of it anymo b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smexy mage extrodiner :3
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    My girlfriend plays, is that the same?
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually yes I have and am proud to say it.
    b:victory
    We actually told each other before we met we'd never love some one online and here we are.
  • allodoxaphobia
    allodoxaphobia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rexington wrote: »

"Just a little further"

1 extra note*

That..made my night. LOL.

But yeah, I believe it can happen. Proceed with extreme caution, know what you're in for.. and don't be a pedophile. Thumbs up GM b:cool
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I did not fall in love with someone in a game per-se but I did meet him on an online graphical chat room (called Palace). Our relationship has been better and stronger than most people I have seen who meet in person first. I believe it is because it gets the chemical attraction out of the way and gets down to the reality of rather or not you find that person's real personality attractive.
  • kitarra
    kitarra Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I am one of those people that found her love online in an MMORPG. Met my boyfriend online 2 years ago and we've been living together now for about a year and a half and we're planning to get married.

I think it really just depends on the people. My boyfriend and I connected as soon as we met and just started talking as friends and it progressed from there. I was very lucky and met the man of my dreams. If it wasn't for the internet or these games, I might not have ever met him given the fact that we lived thousands of miles apart.

While the online thing isn't for everyone, it definitely worked for me! b:cute
  • Zhaocai - Heavens Tear
    Zhaocai - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I met a woman in an MMORPG, and we ended up together for 3 years. It ended a while back, though.