Lost City is Becoming Increasingly Carebear

Comments

• Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    b:shocked wah i pked you once? damn my mind must be so bad already i cant even remember o.O

Wah link killed somebody?

I'm pretty sure this must have been on accident.

Link apologize.
  • Link - Lost City
    Link - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wah link killed somebody?

I'm pretty sure this must have been on accident.

Link apologize.

lmao stfu envy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am too dizzy and drugged up on cold medicine to make any sense whatsoever from this post. Fine job, good sir.

Though I think devoted is trying to be an RQ, like that ****** week where a few RQs started wearing the "squad members" text above their heads -- then the entire server did it and it became ****.
    Though mind you, I have caught myself saying "la" a couple times, even IRL. :x

jealous of my level 0 blademaster abilities b:mischievous
  • Aurvandil - Lost City
    Aurvandil - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I read the first 4-5 pages of this thread and skimmed the rest. I'm new to this game (lvl 22) and have only been actively playing for about 2 weeks.

My question is simple. Once I reach level 30, is it basically be a free for all when leveling? As in, if I run into another player grinding the same mobs as me, should I assume it's kill or be killed? I honesly hope that's the way it is. Prior to PWI, I played WoW on a pvp server, and the nervous feeling you got when seeing the opposing faction made the lvling process infinitely more exciting. Now, I'm not trying to put a hit out on myself, but I encourage open PvP...that's why I joined this server.

Basically I'm just wondering if this is the mindset of most people on this server? The OP eludes to it not being so. Also I'm still a bit confused on the whole pink-red thing. If I begin pvping at lvl 30 and kill players near my level all the time, am I going to be deep red forever?

Thanks for the info...sorry if these questions were already answered!
  • crimsonlord
    crimsonlord Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    For the past few weeks and maybe even months, it seems to me that the so-called PvP server has become increasingly carebear. My current faction, Ethereal, is a PK guild and we go PK-ing people randomly because we feel like it. People, however, seem to think PK-ing is reserved for 90+ levels. What's worse, many of them think PK-ing is not something done on a PvP server. I came to this server to have fun and I expected people would be more inclined to PvP on a PvP server.

However, the facts speak differently. The only decent PvP guild on the server, RageQuit, has been losing ground in the last few weeks because a lot of people hate them. I don't understand, why have you come to the PvP server if you hate PK-ers so much? At first I was thinking this server would be more of a challenge compared to the PvE ones. Yet, it seems only a handful of people PvP and a very small fraction actually PK. It seems that 90% of this server's population are carebears who don't belong in here. We need action, we want to have fun. And what do we do as a community? We kill off all the action before it's even started.

Why should PvP start effectively at lvl 90? I might not at all wish to go that far with my character. It's a PvP server for a reason and this reason is not 'endgame' PvP, but rather 'whole game' PvP. What do we get? We get a bunch of guilds like CQ, BLT, GZ and RQ fighting. Furthermore, it's usually RQ versus the rest of the server, which doesn't seem at all justified.

There are more and more guilds determined to wipe out RQ. At first it was just Conqueror. Later, GuardianZ appeared, a faction with the sole purpose of killing RQ. Then, Integrity appeared with the excuse that they're anti-PK. What happens is, if these factions manage to succeed in their goal to wipe out RQ, this server will be absolutely exhaused in terms of PvP action. And we'll probably start having tea parties at Silver Pool, just like HT and Sanctuary.

Do we want this to happen? Is this why we joined this server? To watch it being stripped of all the action that we came here for in the first place? Let's not forget that Lost City is the PvP server. Let's remember that PK-ing is one of the best parts of every MMO. And let's not allow the carebear invasion to continue.

Only time will tell
  • Science - Lost City
    Science - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think the main problem is the level cap. You spend so much time trying to level, make gold, get equipment, etc that if you get wrapped up in random pking you wont be able to stay competitive. So most take the "Rush to 90 approach" while others level slower to enjoy the pvp, or more so the pking side of Lost City.

If the max level was 50 and the game wasn't such a grind fest you'd probably see a lot more pvp on a much larger scale. So to put it simply if you want a heavy dose of pvp join a guild and flag against their KoS. I ♥ pvp, but haven't found a guild worth doing so for, and being that I don't blindly follow anybody (in game or real life) I just bang out for my guild (i.e. Sci and Lil) until one arises. Not saying there aren't any good guilds. So yeah; time will tell. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_AynWGy1N4 ← Relative to all the gang talk that is sprinkled in my post.

Random
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_E5UImoyo&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzUlhl_A02Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fEkunA7i64&feature=PlayList&p=3E1EFF425B1857BE&playnext=1&index=11
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKrSWo3iDMI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=papUtGZ2Npk
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    Deadbone - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i hate rq because im the hero and they are the villains

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Danika is the real hero btw
    in reallife and virtuallife
    like Superman, just bad and everything he touches is kryptonite b:laugh
  • Wanyudo - Lost City
    Wanyudo - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    raven wrote: »
    random pk on players 40 level lower isnt serious pk

rq members only kill people 30-40 level lower or outnumber high lvl players(10 vs 2 or so)

rq must not exist on this server anymore i promised of destroy rq.
    all three of these sentences are a lie. (except for the RQ does not exist part) dont cry because you rolled on a PK server and expect NOT to get killed and there was a PK attempt on me two days ago by RQ, an archer, i think if it were 30-40 levels higher than me i would not have stood a chance..
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I want some Non-factor guild to come and wipe everyone awayb:cry

Problem solved
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DoooM - Lost City
    DoooM - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    xtacy wrote: »
    wtf does bots have to do with anything on this thread?

Nothing just following up on what devoted said... most of whats said on this thread is wild tangents anyways...
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Once I reach level 30, is it basically be a free for all when leveling?

That's how it is supposed to be. Competition is supposed to be heavier and people are expected to kill each other as this is an open PVP server. Or at least it is on paper. As you've seen for yourself in my first post, the point I'm trying to make is that no one actively PvPs besides the top guilds with the 70+ players and a few PK guilds like RQ, SG1, Ethereal.
    Also I'm still a bit confused on the whole pink-red thing. If I begin pvping at lvl 30 and kill players near my level all the time, am I going to be deep red forever?

It's a simple rule but it can be be confusing for newcomers. I've already explained how it works here and you can ask any further questions about it on that thread.
    I think the main problem is the level cap. You spend so much time trying to level, make gold, get equipment, etc that if you get wrapped up in random pking you wont be able to stay competitive. So most take the "Rush to 90 approach" while others level slower to enjoy the pvp, or more so the pking side of Lost City.

I agree, people are too busy levelling their characters with grinding, zhenning, FBs, questing, crazy stones, whatever, and so they miss the whole PvP aspect of the game. Because what most people on LC do isn't very different from what most people do on HT or Sanctuary. The "Rush to 90 approach" is valid there too, because at 90 people there start to turn on PK mode (as there isn't much else left to do) just like people on LC start PvP-ing effectively at 90.

But should it be that way? Where's the fun in constant grinding/zhenning until 90? Why leave all the PvP for these 'lategame' and 'endgame' levels when you've joined a PvP server? We definitely need more action here because it gets boring to just level your character. The fun part is to interact with other players in various ways. And if these ways are exclusively PvE, why join Lost City?
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    But should it be that way? Where's the fun in constant grinding/zhenning until 90? Why leave all the PvP for these 'lategame' and 'endgame' levels when you've joined a PvP server? We definitely need more action here because it gets boring to just level your character. The fun part is to interact with other players in various ways. And if these ways are exclusively PvE, why join Lost City?

Stop crying.
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I want some Non-factor guild to come and wipe everyone awayb:cry

Problem solved

KandyLand.

Problem Solved.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    KandyLand.

Problem Solved.

Can't wait to see KandyLand and Charlie the Unicorn team up against the server. It's going to be INSANE
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Xtacy - Lost City
    Xtacy - Lost City Posts: 1,281 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    dekciw wrote: »
    Can't wait to see KandyLand and Charlie the Unicorn team up against the server. It's going to be INSANE

What's would be more insane is if RQ BL and GZ actually considered merging into KandyLand... Lol@ funny KandyLand man who made that up.. Oh wait I know him in real b:chuckle
    Conqueror
    Kamisama
    Instinct

I guess I don't choose different paths b:shutup
  • Archosaurian - Lost City
    Archosaurian - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Lmao sad, so now this place is gonna become the 2nd Heavens Tear? Big deal, I bet that will take 9000 years.
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    NuNuie - Lost City Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Lmao sad, so now this place is gonna become the 2nd Heavens Tear? Big deal, I bet that will take 9000 years.

I prefer being compared to Sanctuary rather than Heavens Tear. They're just way too soft. People from Sanc are cute b:cute
    Names given to me by forum folks. The most fail of fail
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    3.r3tard__8.Wannabe Troll
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

Please keep on guessing who I am. I love this game!!!
  • vernanie
    vernanie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The whole server being anti-pk? Most people on Lost City I've met LOVE to pvp. Some are just more classy then others when they do it.

The whole server being against RQ? Well gee, 90% of the time when I'm PKed on my alt ... its from some idiot from RQ running around the area killing every white named lowbie he can get his hands on.

When someone his lvl shows up and kills him he doesn't come back for a while. Wonder why people hate RQ?

So before you whine about someone wanting to wipe out a lame pk guild, why don't you try and THINK about why they want to do it?
  • tr0oll
    tr0oll Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    LC turned into a carebear resort because Deity quit.
    He was the only one in CQ who even PK'ed constantly.

ofc, this is stating the obvious while RQ is assumed void. Its because of them this server still has a (PVP) tag on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Purified, Harshlands
    I'm the Veno with a phoenix zerging your ****

Signature by Sev
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    tr0oll wrote: »
    LC turned into a carebear resort because Deity quit.
    He was the only one in CQ who even PK'ed constantly.

ofc, this is stating the obvious while RQ is assumed void. Its because of them this server still has a (PVP) tag on it.

Sooooooooooooooo, you're Deity.....
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

• Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    @vernanie: You're basically just another carebear in a supposedly PvP-oriented server.
    vernanie wrote: »
    idiot from RQ

See? Your whole attitude shows you're anti-PK. Everything you write, your outlooks are basically carebear. But don't worry, seems like your kind is all over Lost City. You'll have plenty of people with whom to pick flowers and hold tea parties. b:victory
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    @vernanie: You're basically just another carebear in a supposedly PvP-oriented server.

See? Your whole attitude shows you're anti-PK. Everything you write, your outlooks are basically carebear. But don't worry, seems like your kind is all over Lost City. You'll have plenty of people with whom to pick flowers and hold tea parties. b:victory

When do you hold your tea party?
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

• tr0oll
    edited February 2009
    Sooooooooooooooo, you're Deity.....
    He was one of the most entertaining targets for my skills.
    ofc, He knows who I am, we settled it out on his final day on LC

and

- 100 points for even considering me to be Deity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Signature by Sev
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    When do you hold your tea party?

I'm seriously thinking of organizing one for my many good carebear friends in the coming weeks. I'll even arrange special inter-server deliveries of tea and biscuits from Heaven's Tear. In good tradition, the tea party will be held in Silver Pool. Also, that goes without saying but PK-ers are not welcome. I'll arrange CQ and Integrity to guard the area and deal with any potential problems (such as RQ, Ethereal and other scoundrel guilds).

Stay tuned for more info on the upcoming event: The Great Lost City Tea Party!
  • tr0oll
    edited February 2009
    I saw a guild named RubMyCrit, wow that was just epic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Signature by Sev
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I'm seriously thinking of organizing one for my many good carebear friends in the coming weeks. I'll even arrange special inter-server deliveries of tea and biscuits from Heaven's Tear. In good tradition, the tea party will be held in Silver Pool. Also, that goes without saying but PK-ers are not welcome. I'll arrange CQ and Integrity to guard the area and deal with any potential problems (such as RQ, Ethereal and other scoundrel guilds).

Stay tuned for more info on the upcoming event: The Great Lost City Tea Party!

I doubt CQ would help guard it. We usually have our own tea parties. Right around the area BL grinds at. You know? They call it fish. We call it massacre lake
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

• tr0oll
    edited February 2009
    I doubt CQ would help guard it. We usually have our own tea parties. Right around the area BL grinds at. You know? They call it fish. We call it massacre lake
    It's called Sea of Isolation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Signature by Sev
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    It's called Sea of Isolation.

I said we call it. ROFL, try again......
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J

• tr0oll
    edited February 2009
    I said we call it. ROFL, try again......
    I said "It's called Sea of Isolation" so Dimiter can look it up on the map in case he needs to find CQ and join their tea party

/come back "Sarcasm"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Signature by Sev
  • NuNuie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I said "It's called Sea of Isolation" so Dimiter can look it up on the map in case he needs to find CQ and join their tea party

/come back "Sarcasm"

Ok, I'll accept that excuse.
    1.e-thug__6.Cancer
    2.Troll____7.Raven
    4.Xtacy__9. Meangirl
    5.P+(ι)J