Lost City is Becoming Increasingly Carebear

Dimiter - Lost City
Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
For the past few weeks and maybe even months, it seems to me that the so-called PvP server has become increasingly carebear. My current faction, Ethereal, is a PK guild and we go PK-ing people randomly because we feel like it. People, however, seem to think PK-ing is reserved for 90+ levels. What's worse, many of them think PK-ing is not something done on a PvP server. I came to this server to have fun and I expected people would be more inclined to PvP on a PvP server.

However, the facts speak differently. The only decent PvP guild on the server, RageQuit, has been losing ground in the last few weeks because a lot of people hate them. I don't understand, why have you come to the PvP server if you hate PK-ers so much? At first I was thinking this server would be more of a challenge compared to the PvE ones. Yet, it seems only a handful of people PvP and a very small fraction actually PK. It seems that 90% of this server's population are carebears who don't belong in here. We need action, we want to have fun. And what do we do as a community? We kill off all the action before it's even started.

Why should PvP start effectively at lvl 90? I might not at all wish to go that far with my character. It's a PvP server for a reason and this reason is not 'endgame' PvP, but rather 'whole game' PvP. What do we get? We get a bunch of guilds like CQ, BLT, GZ and RQ fighting. Furthermore, it's usually RQ versus the rest of the server, which doesn't seem at all justified.

There are more and more guilds determined to wipe out RQ. At first it was just Conqueror. Later, GuardianZ appeared, a faction with the sole purpose of killing RQ. Then, Integrity appeared with the excuse that they're anti-PK. What happens is, if these factions manage to succeed in their goal to wipe out RQ, this server will be absolutely exhaused in terms of PvP action. And we'll probably start having tea parties at Silver Pool, just like HT and Sanctuary.

Do we want this to happen? Is this why we joined this server? To watch it being stripped of all the action that we came here for in the first place? Let's not forget that Lost City is the PvP server. Let's remember that PK-ing is one of the best parts of every MMO. And let's not allow the carebear invasion to continue.
Post edited by Dimiter - Lost City on

Comments

• Rejoice - Lost City
    Rejoice - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    There are people on this server that have plans. Big plans.
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    random pk on players 40 level lower isnt serious pk

rq members only kill people 30-40 level lower or outnumber high lvl players(10 vs 2 or so)

rq must not exist on this server anymore i promised of destroy rq.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That's funny raven, cause these days it's integrity/GZ/CQ doing the 10v2. Oh, and everytime I enter secret passage... I see GZ or Integ camping it! Funny how that works. Btw, GZ and Integ can outnumber RQ all they want, we'll still roll them. The only time we'll peace is when the 9x CQ swarm arrives. But until then, it's pretty much **** :)
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Showharu - Lost City
    Showharu - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So your saying we should all stay low lvl to pk only. How stupid is that. Do you realize that people wanna try other things out other than pking all the time from your ideal. Theres TW/DGs people wanna try out. No one said you dont have to pk; you can pk all you want. I dont know if you lvled slow or came in game late but thats up to you. You can stay with lose same old skills and you will see how boring a game will get.b:chuckle.

If you dont know by now most of us came from MY-EN... now ask your self why not try higher lvl this time than the low lvl I was in MY-EN. People choose PVP server so they pk whenever they want not all the time. For example kos would be ****, ks would be thrown all over the place, watch your enemy kill the same damn mobs right next to you. To me its sound like you dont know what a PVP server is for.
    I don't care.
    Keeps me happy, everyone should do it.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I never said anything like that. Putting words in my mouth Showharu... I'm simply stating GZ/Int get rolled until CQ calvalry arrive.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Showharu - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I never said anything like that. Putting words in my mouth Showharu... I'm simply stating GZ/Int get rolled until CQ calvalry arrive.

Zzz I didn't feel like quoting, but looks like I should have. If it makes you happy I didn't even read your post >.<. My post was met for Dimiter.

P.S. The only person that puts words into peoples mouth is Raven.b:scorn
    I don't care.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Show was staying on topic, so it was addressed to the main poster. b:surrender

Edit: got beat to it x.x
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    dont worry rq will still be here even after we lose our land to remind you what real pvpers can do and no i dont mean when you guys think all we do is pk 30-40 below us ask gz blt and cq how much we **** them till they have have 2-1 or 3-1 ratio
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    People say you can only PvP at endgame for two reasons;

1) You'll have all your awesome baller kickass skills that make glowy lights.
    2) You no longer need to grind so you can spend all your time PvPing.

IMO, PK can be done at any level. Sure, it may (or may not) be more enjoyable at 9x. That doesn't mean it's restricted to 9x only, what a load of ****ing ****.

As for #1, you may not have all your skills yet, yes. But really, who gives a ****? If you can PvP just as well without them, it makes you an even better player. Another advantage is that a lot of your enemies also won't have all their skills, so it's not like it's terribly inbalanced.

And on #2...There's many ways to go about it. You can stop levelling altogether and just kill all day and be merry. That's awesome; just make sure you can afford charms through cash shop/an alt or main for money.

You can level normally, but kill everyone you come across -- I used to do this with Maguro. <3 Contrary to popular belief, you CAN level at a good rate even while PvPing constantly. When I partied with him, we'd always have one eye on the minimap and call out green dots to each other as they appeared. Kill the person, back to grinding. If they come back with more, fight once; if you die, go to a new spot. Not worth fighting over it. The way we saw it, if you grind for 50 minutes and PK for 10, you're still doing alright. It actually makes it easier and more fun to grind -- so much more exciting. :3

Or you can be a gigantic carebear fa.ggot like all these other people want you to be. Wtf, this server is carebear.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    dont worry rq will still be here even after we lose our land to remind you what real pvpers can do and no i dont mean when you guys think all we do is pk 30-40 below us ask gz blt and cq how much we **** them till they have have 2-1 or 3-1 ratio

This post obviously explains why RageQuit loses territory war in 10 minutes, with what should be even numbers. Please, don't say it's the amount of wars, the first war between Conq and RQ was pretty well timed for a head on defense with only one top guild.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Showharu - Lost City
    edited February 2009

If you really are Fiox then stfu. All you did is get rolled in CB. BTW I dont ever see you in pk wars ever. Zzzz you cant even roll many pages in CQ, stop acting like you pk people your lvl.b:bye

P.S. We still have the SS of Evil_God Rolling RQ party by himself.b:cute
    I don't care.
  • Showharu - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    People say you can only PvP at endgame for two reasons;

1) You'll have all your awesome baller kickass skills that make glowy lights.
    2) You no longer need to grind so you can spend all your time PvPing.

IMO, PK can be done at any level. Sure, it may (or may not) be more enjoyable at 9x. That doesn't mean it's restricted to 9x only, what a load of ****ing ****.

As for #1, you may not have all your skills yet, yes. But really, who gives a ****? If you can PvP just as well without them, it makes you an even better player. Another advantage is that a lot of your enemies also won't have all their skills, so it's not like it's terribly inbalanced.

And on #2...There's many ways to go about it. You can stop levelling altogether and just kill all day and be merry. That's awesome; just make sure you can afford charms through cash shop/an alt or main for money.

You can level normally, but kill everyone you come across -- I used to do this with Maguro. <3 Contrary to popular belief, you CAN level at a good rate even while PvPing constantly. When I partied with him, we'd always have one eye on the minimap and call out green dots to each other as they appeared. Kill the person, back to grinding. If they come back with more, fight once; if you die, go to a new spot. Not worth fighting over it. The way we saw it, if you grind for 50 minutes and PK for 10, you're still doing alright. It actually makes it easier and more fun to grind -- so much more exciting. :3

Or you can be a gigantic carebear fa.ggot like all these other people want you to be. Wtf, this server is carebear.

Very true, but will only last until you mention phoenix. Low lvl skills wouldn't be able to do **** and yes even high lvl you still cant do sh!tb:shocked

OMG Double Post La
    I don't care.
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    if u dont know who i am by now i pity you. Ive been killing ur members everyday.
  • Showharu - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    if u dont know who i am by now i pity you. Ive been killing ur members everyday.

Hmm... Yup you rolled our whole CQ guild b:pleased
    I don't care.
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    when did i say whole guild lol
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't understand, why have you come to the PvP server if you hate PK-ers so much?
    Some people, maybe a majority have had a bad experience with RQ. While not all of RQ PKs lower level players, some do. Then those people cause the hatred for the entire guild, and thus the whole guild is labeled as low level PKers.

I'm sure a player would not like being killed by someone they can't even fight back easily, multiple times. It is a PvP server, yes. There is PKing, yes. When its not even a good fight, people can get frustrated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    To the OP, i think there has been more PvP in the past 2 weeks then anytime i have been on this server, Landwise things don't look good for the map at the moment but in terms of daily PvP its certainly noticeable. Even guilds that were more PvE oriented are all declaring KOS on eachother and getting involved.
    b:bye
  • Xtacy - Lost City
    Xtacy - Lost City Posts: 1,281 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That's funny raven, cause these days it's integrity/GZ/CQ doing the 10v2. Oh, and everytime I enter secret passage... I see GZ or Integ camping it! Funny how that works. Btw, GZ and Integ can outnumber RQ all they want, we'll still roll them. The only time we'll peace is when the 9x CQ swarm arrives. But until then, it's pretty much **** :)

If integrity and GZ are ever camping secret passage they aren't keeping noobs from getting to there fb29. Unless you consider yourself a noob and you happen to still have your fb29 tablets.
    Conqueror
    Kamisama
    Instinct

I guess I don't choose different paths b:shutup
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    People choose PVP server so they pk whenever they want not all the time. For example kos would be ****, ks would be thrown all over the place, watch your enemy kill the same damn mobs right next to you. To me its sound like you dont know what a PVP server is for.

OK, let people PK whenever they want to. But why are they always so butthurt when they are grinding or questing and me and a couple of fellow Ethereals go and fight them? At first they run like hell, especially if they don't have charms and prefer to die to a mob or boss rather than face us. Then they get angry and call the CQ cavalry or the Int light brigade, or just a team of phoenix venos. Can you imagine? Level 7x come to chase us around and kill us white-named. In the given example, we are somewhere between 35 and 50 and we attack people who aren't lower than lvl 45 usually with charms while we are usually without. Then Int come, kill us a few times and tell us we're bad guys, we're evil, etc.

It's obvious that PK-ing is largely discouraged by the larger part of the server's playerbase. And more specifically, by the power players. It's not like we can't PK. We can and we will, no one's gonna stop us. What bothers me, however, is the lack of PvP activity in the server as a whole and the way some people try to manipulate even more players into carebear beliefs. Because if there are no PK-ers anymore, this server will be one of the most tedious PvP servers ever.
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Odd. I always thought of Integrity as a much more random PK guild than Ethereal. To be honest, I didn't know you guys pk'ed at all, and I've heard Integrity camping fb29 on a number of different occasions.

You do bring up the good point that the law bringers (CQ) want to make sure no one PK's without their permission (like Integrity has) Maybe get into contact with some of them and see if you can get on their good side?
  • Mikoto - Lost City
    Mikoto - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Like the only time i've ever seen you was when you were trying to zhen in safe zone b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Odd. I always thought of Integrity as a much more random PK guild than Ethereal. To be honest, I didn't know you guys pk'ed at all, and I've heard Integrity camping fb29 on a number of different occasions.

You do bring up the good point that the law bringers (CQ) want to make sure no one PK's without their permission (like Integrity has) Maybe get into contact with some of them and see if you can get on their good side?

Ummm do you have any evidence that integrity is a random pk faction. Because its not you ****. The only guilds that integrity is supposed to pk at all is rq, sg1, rh, and fury. Get your facts straight dumbass. The only reason some of our members go to fb29 is because they want to pick up some pk action if theres some of our kos camping lowbies there. b:bye
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited February 2009

In all the time I've been in Conqueror I've never been called out to help in any PK that does not involve a guild that is KOSed or to assist an ally guild. PKing is OBVIOUSLY allowed, as it should be, but if the PKing reaches the members of Conqueror, do not expect such actions will go without reaction, as our members also love their share of PKing.

It appears that the fact that Conq. doesn't random PK is being used as an excuse for how the server is lacking in PvP, but that has nothing to do with it, as we don't have anything against PKing. Now, if it reaches epic proportions, like one night RQ camped the fb29 so much that the very GM's were frustrated, and a few Conq members are bored, you can expect some counter-PKing to occur.

Hence, your good point is fabricated. Just because we kill RageQuit, the popular random PKer's, doesn't mean we PK whoever does it.
  • Showharu - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    when did i say whole guild lol

Lawl you said you **** CQ.
    CQ=CQ=whole guild not one person.
    If you didn't mean whole guild >.< dont use CQb:shutup
    I don't care.
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    For the past few weeks and maybe even months, it seems to me that the so-called PvP server has become increasingly carebear. My current faction, Ethereal, is a PK guild and we go PK-ing people randomly because we feel like it. People, however, seem to think PK-ing is reserved for 90+ levels. What's worse, many of them think PK-ing is not something done on a PvP server. I came to this server to have fun and I expected people would be more inclined to PvP on a PvP server.

However, the facts speak differently. The only decent PvP guild on the server, RageQuit, has been losing ground in the last few weeks because a lot of people hate them. I don't understand, why have you come to the PvP server if you hate PK-ers so much? At first I was thinking this server would be more of a challenge compared to the PvE ones. Yet, it seems only a handful of people PvP and a very small fraction actually PK. It seems that 90% of this server's population are carebears who don't belong in here. We need action, we want to have fun. And what do we do as a community? We kill off all the action before it's even started.

Why should PvP start effectively at lvl 90? I might not at all wish to go that far with my character. It's a PvP server for a reason and this reason is not 'endgame' PvP, but rather 'whole game' PvP. What do we get? We get a bunch of guilds like CQ, BLT, GZ and RQ fighting. Furthermore, it's usually RQ versus the rest of the server, which doesn't seem at all justified.

There are more and more guilds determined to wipe out RQ. At first it was just Conqueror. Later, GuardianZ appeared, a faction with the sole purpose of killing RQ. Then, Integrity appeared with the excuse that they're anti-PK. What happens is, if these factions manage to succeed in their goal to wipe out RQ, this server will be absolutely exhaused in terms of PvP action. And we'll probably start having tea parties at Silver Pool, just like HT and Sanctuary.

Do we want this to happen? Is this why we joined this server? To watch it being stripped of all the action that we came here for in the first place? Let's not forget that Lost City is the PvP server. Let's remember that PK-ing is one of the best parts of every MMO. And let's not allow the carebear invasion to continue.
    If every 9x decided to randomly PK as much as they wanted to the server would fall apart.

Just for this post I'll make sure to camp you and your guild to make sure you never get pass 6x to see how it feels.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    There seems to be some misconceptions.

1) Integrity doesn't "kill RQ". They soak up members in TW, and lose. Then they attack us in world PVP, die, and call CQ.
    2) Integrity and GZ kill more "low levels" than RQ. However, when RQ shows up to **** them up, they scream "Y RU HERE RQ?? U HERE TO MAEK KILL ON LOW LEVAL!??!" from safezone and pretend like they're the heroes
    3) The whole server is against us because we're the biggest non-CQ threat on the map. BLT has their bots and gear but they're a mess, if a guild merged into BLT they'd still be an unorganized joke. If they merged into RQ, it would actually be a contender... If I accepted them.
    4) Lost City is carebear as **** and always will be. BLT didn't turn out to what they claimed in the beginning, they're not a PVP guild, they just carebear around in heaven and hell and dualboax themselves HH parties all day. CQ has no interest in competition and is doing their best to go with the flow of what guilds are losing lands and pick them off one by one. GZ doesn't matter and neither does anyone else, as GZ can't even beat us in our current state and they have Danika in the guild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    In all the time I've been in Conqueror I've never been called out to help in any PK that does not involve a guild that is KOSed or to assist an ally guild. PKing is OBVIOUSLY allowed, as it should be, but if the PKing reaches the members of Conqueror, do not expect such actions will go without reaction, as our members also love their share of PKing.

It appears that the fact that Conq. doesn't random PK is being used as an excuse for how the server is lacking in PvP, but that has nothing to do with it, as we don't have anything against PKing. Now, if it reaches epic proportions, like one night RQ camped the fb29 so much that the very GM's were frustrated, and a few Conq members are bored, you can expect some counter-PKing to occur.

Hence, your good point is fabricated. Just because we kill RageQuit, the popular random PKer's, doesn't mean we PK whoever does it.
    If every 9x decided to randomly PK as much as they wanted to the server would fall apart.

Just for this post I'll make sure to camp you and your guild to make sure you never get pass 6x to see how it feels.

These two posts need to be quoted for truth.

CQ does not random pk, and because the big faction wars get so much attention, people overestimate their importance. I've been out there on alts and once you're red name and obviously not a 9x, everyone will kill you. Integrity? Yep GuardianZ? You bet. Moog, either you don't know your own members or your guild needs to organise itself because your guild and everyone else without a Conqueror tag above their name does pk, and even Conqueror members will try it from time to time and get their **** handed to them. (Step forward Deity, and that other idiot, LunarBlade or whatever).

When my alt attacks someone they will run like 90% of the time. When they die they will cry and throw around crappy insults like 60% of the time.

But they will only laugh it off or say "good fight" about 10% of the time.

People don't like being killed, especially if they weren't expecting it, but they're more than happy to take a shot at a pink/red name if they know they can win. That's the way it works.
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    These two posts need to be quoted for truth.

CQ does not random pk, and because the big faction wars get so much attention, people overestimate their importance. I've been out there on alts and once you're red name and obviously not a 9x, everyone will kill you. Integrity? Yep GuardianZ? You bet. Moog, either you don't know your own members or your guild needs to organise itself because your guild and everyone else without a Conqueror tag above their name does pk, and even Conqueror members will try it from time to time and get their **** handed to them. (Step forward Deity, and that other idiot, LunarBlade or whatever).

When my alt attacks someone they will run like 90% of the time. When they die they will cry and throw around crappy insults like 60% of the time.

People don't like being killed, especially if they weren't expecting it, but they're more than happy to take a shot at a pink/red name if they know they can win. That's the way it works.

bla bla bla your post are boring daikoku
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2009

He makes an good point, dearest Raven. :3 Perhaps you too could benefit from a level 30 pure PK alt as well? It'd certainly help you release all that pent-up anger you feel about Conquerer, RageQuit, your dying mother, and warmachine. Trust me.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    rundora why are you trying to tell me what the guild I'm in does and does not do? As i said before the only people were supposed to actively pk are those on our kos list. Pking other people is not allowed. Yes, i know maybe some members do it without permission but im just saying the rules that we try to enforce. And also obviously we can pk anyone who attacks us first. And yeah a lot of random people try to attack us since some of us are rednamed. Maybe thats why people think we random pk??