Options

Comments

• Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Interesting thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    and this is what happens when you bring logic to dystopia

i guess providing food-for-thought is unacceptable
    though, if you understood the premise of my argument, i do imply that a video game is meant to be played; not to complain over from getting PKed

I don't see what relevance "going outside" has in terms of shaping your ethics to become pro-PK

Yes, but the fun part is that you originally said it in 760 words. That's half an essay b:surrender
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yes, but the fun part is that you originally said it in 760 words. That's half an essay b:surrender
    I chose my rhetoric style as intellectual, and it took 760 words for me to communicate it as such. Nonetheless, it took me 10 minutes to write; but why is that relevant?

sorry if it bothers you that I talk in this manner
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have one little factual problem with this essay (and with how some people have responded).

RageQuit does not PK anyone -- random, or not -- some people within RageQuit do (and I think I saw someone list their character names?).
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I chose my rhetoric style as intellectual, and it took 760 words for me to communicate it as such. Nonetheless, it took me 10 minutes to write; but why is that relevant?

sorry if it bothers you that I talk in this manner
    Doesn't bother me, just seems really unnecessary.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have one little factual problem with this essay (and with how some people have responded).

RageQuit does not PK anyone -- random, or not -- some people within RageQuit do (and I think I saw someone list their character names?).
    Yes, I know this, and I continued to generalize for two reasons: First, it seems superfluous to say "people in RageQuit" every time, and second, it doesn't matter. The premise was that PKing should instead of being frowned upon, be embraced, so what does it matter who PKs?
    Doesn't bother me, just seems really unnecessary.

And this is one of the few situations where I can call someone naive without having to justify myself.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Just one question for your RQs. IN CASE (I mean just in case) RQ no longer exists on LC for some reason, where are your guys plan to go? for sure you can not be guildless I think.

I do have a answer for this question, the answer makes me believe RQ will exists on LC longer then any of us may think off.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    RageQuit is not a guild undeserving of respect. They role-play the side of the typical "bad guys" and they do so well, with an incredibly high level of organization and intelligence (or at least on the part of the higher up officers - can't, unfortunately, say the same about a large part of the guild ; /), even when they're not the strongest. While their ethics are undeniably lacking, they play quite an essential role that makes this game interesting and drives people to continue playing.

That from the view of a person who catalyzed the formation of Integrity (whose sole purpose is to continually TW against RQ, regardless of wins or losses). RageQuit is not a like-able guild but definitely one worthy of respect. To tolerate random PKing is a show of a lack of morals, but to not be in respect of RQ is a show of ignorance.

~Moon

I know Integrity, I also know you in game. But I was not know the purpose of Integrity before. Maybe it is time to join Integrity.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    swgs wrote: »
    Just one question for your RQs. IN CASE (I mean just in case) RQ no longer exists on LC for some reason, where are your guys plan to go? for sure you can not be guildless I think.

I think I speak for a lot of RQ when I say that if it wasn't for the people in the guild, I wouldn't be playing this game still.

If RQ does end up losing more territories, I am sure we will lose some people as weekly salary diminishes. However, we have a solid core of players who will stick with the guild whether they get weekly salary or not.

Also, a bunch of us who are preparing to move onto Aion when it comes out plan to come back to PW on the weekends for TW (if scheduling allows).
    I don't think RQ is going anywhere for a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I don't think the majority of players understand how much RQ go through to stay together--how strong we have to be, individually as well as a group. I would have left long ago because of the hardships I've suffered if it weren't for the people in it that I love.
    I think I speak for a lot of RQ when I say that if it wasn't for the people in the guild, I wouldn't be playing this game still.

Thanks for affirming this:
    Sorbik wrote:
    By strength I mean raw power; but what they lack there is made up in terms of unison, comradeship, and family. I admit, as an outsider, that I have no foundation to base this assumption on, rather than their prevailing self in dire times. That is to say, that a guild, namely RageQuit, which can survive against enormous odds, outnumbered and out manned, must have some fundamental glue which holds them together.
  • cryucry
    cryucry Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    t0yo wrote: »
    However this is a story all about how my life got turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute just let me rant, I'll tell you how I became ragequit's t0yo the Carebear
    In the Hidden Hall killed and raised T'was the place where I spent most of my pking days Chillin' and acting all cool luring Chin maseloum to kill all the newbz, when a couple of gms yelled "You're up to no good" wanted to ban me and my mechcrab dude.
    I got in one little fight and my guild leader got scared he said "You've broken all our rules time to disappear". I begged and pleaded with him day after day
    but he took me off the roster and sent me on my way, I got all pissed,erased my forum address, put my auto walk on and said "Might as well, frick it!"
    Guildless, yo this is bad getting killed by red names really fast is this what the guildless are living like hmmmmm this ain't alright
    But wait I hear ragequit's pissy, *******s and all that, get an IM from mystic "Ware yo' fat **** at", I don't care so , better then conqueror. They just better be prepared for the RageBear
    Just landed in lost village whilst watching shinzoko get pwned, there was a group of guardianz there, the annoying trio. I ain't trying to get killed again I just yell "You're lame!" tried to run away but got disced from Ironman, Reason: SESSUAL HARRASSMENT.
    I killed all the humans, and when I was done got a pat on the back from Mystic's arm if anything I could say that this guy is the **** and since he wanted faggotry, I just had to enlist!
    I town ported back to Dragon city about 7 or 8, Stereotypically tell Duke Blackie "Yo ***** smell ya later".Couldn't believe it, I was finally there to take my place as The RageQuit Carebear

this is way too creative for these boards.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hahaha it was so fun to do, so many memories tied with perfect world, rage quit members and mystic ;D

;D Glad to bring a smile to your face :P

Have to agree with you here. I suppose its somewhat hypocritical for a level 80 to comment on writing a 10 minute essay on the game when they have spent much further time levelling their character, though if they're going to consider that more valuable of their time, the pen speaks mightier then the sword. Whether you consider a game srs business or not, ethically trying to reason out something is very different from taking the whole issue seriously as to say someone taking it really seriously when they lose their armour in pvp.

Spending time in a virtual world levelling a character which you'll eventually forget about in the span of a few years isn't unnecessary either?

Stop going on silly rants like I know you like to do and make up more song lyrics.
    How about doing the theme song from Full House?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Spending time in a virtual world levelling a character which you'll eventually forget about in the span of a few years isn't unnecessary either?

Gaming? fun. PWI-themed copypasta? fun. 760 word essays? Er...

Besides, as RQ are quick to point out, I'm still a 7x. PWI is fun but it's not going to take over my life anytime soon.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Ah, well GuardianZ, Conq, and BLT also random pk.

Unfortunately they wait until 80-90 to start, and only hit 60's in RQ. b:surrender

QQ MORE LA
    Bit late i know but jus wanted to say most of these 9x have been pking rq since they were 3x and didnt "wait until 80-90". If ur on KoS its hardly random as it is only those who have that word above their head CQ and GZ pk. you know the word "RageQuit". If ur soo upset that 9x pk u go learn the meaning of kos then leave guild or stop the b:cry.

From 9x sick of lowbie rq qq
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    "QQ" is getting pretty darn annoying, but sadly I gotta agree with Chaotiic.
    If you're in a guild thats on KoS with another guild, expect to be killed whatever level you are. Cryings definitely NOT going to help.
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2dt8780.jpg - Got that off WC just today.

Interesting how RQ can cause that kind of pain then turn around and complain about CQ/GZ killing their lowbies. I can't tell if they're just trying to find some justification in claiming that everyone acts the same or they really are that hypocritical.
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    QQ MORE LA
    Bit late i know but jus wanted to say most of these 9x have been pking rq since they were 3x and didnt "wait until 80-90". If ur on KoS its hardly random as it is only those who have that word above their head CQ and GZ pk. you know the word "RageQuit". If ur soo upset that 9x pk u go learn the meaning of kos then leave guild or stop the b:cry.

From 9x sick of lowbie rq qq

^^^^^^^^^^^
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

It is nice to see the intellectual community participating in these discussions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2dt8780.jpg - Got that off WC just today.

Interesting how RQ can cause that kind of pain then turn around and complain about CQ/GZ killing their lowbies. I can't tell if they're just trying to find some justification in claiming that everyone acts the same or they really are that hypocritical.

in view of the fact that no one did it, This is what RQ defines PW as
    The East PVP server, Lost City, Where carebear flying and cuddling faggotry meets brutal PVP and RageQuit trolling.
    From what I can see that person is calling the "saviours" of this server to assisnt him in getting rid of these RQ who are pking him, looks like a job for CQ!! who are obviously not doing a good job. Blame them not RQ for doing their job.

Chaotiic, I don't think you are new to my mind games. Having experienced it twice you should know by now not everyone QQs.

And to all you flamers who wanna quote me and make hate replies b:surrender
    Hello, You have reached Severan the carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • Starang - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    *yawns* b:sleep
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    *yawns* b:sleep

b:bye hows cq? I heard there hella polite >.>
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • DestroyTokyo - Lost City
    DestroyTokyo - Lost City Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    dekciw wrote: »
    I've heard many of you say that yet I've never seen it happen. I can name you a ton I see all the time in fb29 or around low level areas random pking and I name

Ren, BigTime, Destro, Hip, Omitpieuw, Flew, LordFraquad, PandaNinja(No Longer RQ tho), FSweet, and I know I'm forgetting tons. Maguro used to do it a lot but I haven't seen him do it lately so I won' t comment on him.

Lol !? Do you realize the last 3 or 4 times I was actually called to fb 29 was because we had complaints about you being in there trying to gank them Warmachine?

Hypocrisy much?
    9x WB
    Voted "Best WB on Lost City Server" b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Lol !? Do you realize the last 3 or 4 times I was actually called to fb 29 was because we had complaints about you being in there trying to gank them Warmachine?

Hypocrisy much?

I go to fb29 when I do my WorldMission to kill the RQs that camp it, what is the problem with camping people that are 7-8x WHO ARE CAMPING people that are barely over 30. Not sure what kind of logic you were granted but it really fails you there. LoL mad props for your excuse as to why you were sitting on fb29 still, really out of all the BS you can pull out I didn't expect that one. Nonetheless, I'm flattered that I deserve such attention from ragequit.
    mystic wrote: »
    Next, check the level of the mobs in the area and make sure the target is around your level. If they're too high, move on. If they're too low, don't kill them. That makes you what is known as a ******.

Quoted from RageQuit's PvP Guide

Do as I Say (Not as I Do)

Who is the hypocrite now?
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options

Hypocrisy much?

RQ getting called to FB29. This quote is so delicious I could put it in a sandwich and eat it.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yes, RQ camps FB29. Yes we kill the lowbies there and watch them suffer. We even asked PWI to sell FB 29 to us so we can get a free teleport to that place and camp it once every 2 hours.
    We don't care what you people have to comment on it. If you can do it better, do it. Don't say it. We also kill RQ players who camp it too much. I've done some of that myself personally.

If you have a problem with RQ camping FB29 please call The RQ carebear's hot line for assistance.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    severan wrote: »
    Yes, RQ camps FB29. Yes we kill the lowbies there and watch them suffer. We even asked PWI to sell FB 29 to us so we can get a free teleport to that place and camp it once every 2 hours.
    We don't care what you people have to comment on it. If you can do it better, do it. Don't say it. We also kill RQ players who camp it too much. I've done some of that myself personally.

If you have a problem with RQ camping FB29 please call The RQ carebear's hot line for assistance.

Ok, whats the numbe- Oh wait I forgot, I don't have a problem with it. FB29 is pretty fun, anyone can go there and fight RQ without Cancer and FieryDevil dropping in and **** everything in sight (although admittedly they don't help RQ now what with "the alliance" going bye-bye)
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
  • Starang - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    No offence starang but you're realllly not one to comment on qqing. Less the small time frame I played perfect world all I heard on vent was constant bitching from your part xD

No offence, t0yo but who was the one who always logged off after being pk'd?
    Btw, bitching to people in vent for not listening is not the definition of qq.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Wait, wait.... Sorbik from SRO?