Options
    i agree wholeheartedly. :3

b:victoryb:cute
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nicely said. b:victory

b:sweat well it is a self proclaimed rule.. Been here atleast 2 years and only recently has this "rule"popped up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Mistbelle - Sanctuary
    Mistbelle - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:sweat well it is a self proclaimed rule.. Been here atleast 2 years and only recently has this "rule"popped up...

b:surrender Same here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well, I feel like the rule should be followed if you're going to bury someone else's picture. For example, looking back now this person was never rated.

Because someone buried his post and rated someone else two posts above his who had already had a couple of ratings. Hayah went back and rated mine, but the only rating he received was normal hair. From the same person. Dark didn't get much of one at all, and some regulars did post here. I'm guessing because nobody goes back two pages. XD I dunno, if I don't rate it kinda feels like i'm cutting in line. Not the end of the world by any means, but still kinda rude. b:surrender

So I guess I'll give it a rating now:

Either way he looks like a presety. IT's not a bad look but it's most sins look. His cheeks are a bit off. I would make them a bit smaller and maybe play aroudn with it a bit more. That being said it's not a bad look. 3.5/5 I think that is why the rule started, because some people have to fight to get ratings while others make minor adjustments on their characters and get like 3x the ratings because it's a character people like in general. I would never withhold a rating because of that because most people who do it didn't know any better. But I still ask them to rate others in the future so that everyone can join in on the fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not so much a "rule" but more common courtesy. I guess it's not so common anymore.
    Anyway, I started to not rate people who didn't rate others because it's not fair to them. Why should they get rated if they don't want to rate others? It's not a "rule" but it's called "manners". I guess this generation just sucks, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Mistbelle - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well, I feel like the rule should be followed if you're going to bury someone else's picture. For example, looking back now this person was never rated.

As I said, some people just don't have an opinion on the characters or don't even know how to rate. I'd rather skip a person than create a load of bs just to get rated. b:surrender
    Not so much a "rule" but more common courtesy. I guess it's not so common anymore.
    Anyway, I started to not rate people who didn't rate others because it's not fair to them. Why should they get rated if they don't want to rate others? It's not a "rule" but it's called "manners". I guess this generation just sucks, lol.

With the way people are enforcing it, it's very much a rule now rather than "common courtesy". Yes, it is nice for someone to rate someone before themselves, but it isn't and shouldn't be mandatory. This thread is created just for fun and to get opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As I see it, this thing is named *RATE a character*. If I post here I expect someone rates my char o.o
    If I didn't want that, I'd just use the other sticky thread.

And yea, for me its only fair: If you want an opinion on your char, well then give one to someone else ^.~
    And meh, if you don't want to rate someone for a certain reason: say so. What pisses me off is people that just come and only post their chars. If I see someone I really don't wanna rate for a reason then I state it politely and rate someone else..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You guys arent getting the point >.< What Im trying to say is, yea its nice and polite to rate someone before getting your character rated. But dont force ppl to rate others characters, what if they dont kno? What if they just dont have an opinion? What if they just didnt see the other characters bc they're on a new page and don't kno to go back a few? The way you're enforcing it, like Coco said, is making it seem more of a rule rather then a common courtesy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Mistbelle - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As I see it, this thing is named *RATE a character*. If I post here I expect someone rates my char o.o
    If I didn't want that, I'd just use the other sticky thread.

And yea, for me its only fair: If you want an opinion on your char, well then give one to someone else ^.~
    And meh, if you don't want to rate someone for a certain reason: say so. What pisses me off is people that just come and only post their chars. If I see someone I really don't wanna rate for a reason then I state it politely and rate someone else..

As far as I'm concerned, those people who only post their characters have a right to do it since you're not really required to rate anyone else. Yes it would be nice to give a reason but usually when you don't have an opinion, you just don't have anything to say.

Plus if the person already got feedback from people, the person doesn't need another one (although it would be nice).

You guys arent getting the point >.< What Im trying to say is, yea its nice and polite to rate someone before getting your character rated. But dont force ppl to rate others characters, what if they dont kno? What if they just dont have an opinion? What if they just didnt see the other characters bc they're on a new page and don't kno to go back a few? The way you're enforcing it, like Coco said, is making it seem more of a rule rather then a common courtesy.

^ This.

Some people just post their character when it's on a new, blank page. I honestly wouldn't bother looking at other pages. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's more a matter of respect. The thread is called Rate a Character. It's no more then polite to actually rate other people. If you don't have an opinion about someone's character, or have rated that person before. Then say so. Noone is going to blame you for that.
    Also KuiXing, I'm not forcing people to rate other chars. If I was doing that I would've worded it different. However I also post my char here to get rated, in return I rate the char of someone else. Why? Because it's polite to do so.
    And yes, politeness, manners and respect are qualities I hold high in regard, because honestly, you can say anything you want to, as long as you stay polite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options

I feel the same way, if your post is the first one in a new page, is it really so hard to go back and make sure you didn't bump someone else's so they get rated just the same was you? I don't go as far as Hazumi or NiightmareXz but I usually just ask them to do so in the future and still give a rating. I mean, what other reason is their to post if you aren't going to get a rating? We have a showoff your character thread already. I was under the impression that what was different about this one is that you would get a rating. But how can you get one if someone bumps you off the page without saying a word. If I really didn't want to rate someone's for some reason, I would probably just quote their character and say something generic. Like that's nice. Or like Hayah did, "normal hair," to answer his question on which people liked best. That way, the person is still noticed.

And I don't really see how witholding ratings for people who don't rate someone is "forcing" you to rate. If you don't want to rate someone because they refuse to rate others, I don't really see the problem? If you with hold your rating why get mad at someone for letting you know they are with holding theirs and the reason? At the end of the day, neither person is getting rated until someone comes along willing to rate both of you. So meh. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You guys are just repeating what Im saying ._. I said it was polite to rate others, Ik it is. I usually rate ppl before i post my character. But your refusing to rate someone bc they simple didnt kno? Most ppl who dont rate are new to the thread. Give them a break and stop being such a hard ***. There are nicer ways to say they should rate before posting their chars, but the way your going about it is the wrong way. Rate them and say something like, next time could you rate someone else before posting. Or something along those lines.

v.v'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You guys are just repeating what Im saying ._. I said it was polite to rate others, Ik it is. I usually rate ppl before i post my character. But your refusing to rate someone bc they simple didnt kno? Most ppl who dont rate are new to the thread. Give them a break and stop being such a hard ***. There are nicer ways to say they should rate before posting their chars, but the way your going about it is the wrong way. Rate them and say something like, next time could you rate someone else before posting. Or something along those lines.

v.v'

D: I do and DolIy explained that her forehead really wan't that elongated, it was the kitty cut mixed with the the low quality of the screenie. Like I said, I never withhold ratings I just say something along these lines:
    And as hazumi said, please rate someone elses instead of posting your pic as they tend to be buried and never get a rating when you do so.

XxXxXx (this was a different poster same reply)
    Please rate other people's in the future so they don't get buried.

But I still think that if people are free to just post their pictures without rating someone, without criticism, than Hazumi/Nightmare and others should be allowed to also not rate their pictures with their reason why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Mistbelle - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options

v.v'

^ Exactly what I'm talking about. b:surrenderb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This kind of threads are always bound to create some issues...

I don't think this thread should be called "Rate a character" to begin with but rather "Give feedback on a character". People post here because they need some feedback on their characters, opinions, comments and suggestions on what they could improve or change. I don't think it's really about the rating itself...or is it?

Honestly, I'd rather one not comment at all if they have nothing to say. I don't need some generic and usual comment of "It's nice". I'm a member of deviantART for years now. I'm an artist and looking for constructive critism but I often get comments which are too generic and too fake. I'm too familiar with that. Forcing people to rate is not an option. I'd rather get a comment from someone that really wants to comment and has something to say. Not to mention that there's so much jealousy. Probably that's quite off topic here but I had to mention it.

Surely, rating the person above is nice and polite but forcing them is just wrong. I do see the point in both sides but those sides don't seem to understand each other's ..
    Well, this is why I keep myself away from this kind of threads.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    D: I do and DolIy explained that her forehead really wan't that elongated, it was the kitty cut mixed with the the low quality of the screenie. Like I said, I never withhold ratings I just say something along these lines.

I didnt see your post hehe ^^;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This kind of threads are always bound to create some issues...

I don't think this thread should be called "Rate a character" to begin with but rather "Give feedback on a character". People post here because they need some feedback on their characters, opinions, comments and suggestions on what they could improve or change. I don't think it's really about the rating itself...or is it?

Honestly, I'd rather one not comment at all if they have nothing to say. I don't need some generic and usual comment of "It's nice". I'm a member of deviantART for years now. I'm an artist and looking for constructive critism but I often get comments which are too generic and too fake. I'm too familiar with that. Forcing people to rate is not an option. I'd rather get a comment from someone that really wants to comment and has something to say. Not to mention that there's so much jealousy. Probably that's quite off topic here but I had to mention it.

Surely, rating the person above is nice and polite but forcing them is just wrong. I do see the point in both sides but those sides don't seem to understand each other's ..
    Well, this is why I keep myself away from this kind of threads.

Exactly where I'm getting at. Thank you Des for elaborating this. b:kiss

Anyways, we should stop or else no one's going to post their character. Just trying to lighten things up. b:chuckleb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I guess I have to go back several pages and quote myself, since this thread always seems to go right back to this ****.

My eyes, they burn out of their sockets from the durp this thread breeds(makes me miss Diora almost as her posts would make my brain cells fry and parts of my brain leak out of my ears).

Speaking of which, I've seen some ugly as HELL characters(not in this thread), but I've seen and have an entire folder of hot characters I've seen and take pics of personally, most of which are the same people from sanc that have posted in this thread lol.

Rate threads are always stupid, it don't matter lol.
  • DolIy - Sanctuary
    DolIy - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:surrender well, in attempt to lighten the mood.. a picture!:
    ff795g.jpg

i just made this wizzy :D
    it really is a shame that ini editing is a bannable offense..
    i think she looks great w/the eg hair & eye texture, but o wells.

--

i would also like to credit the source of my inspiration during the customization process. :D
    cocobelle & susylu's chars b:thanksb:victoryb:cute
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    heres the new look! im so friggen hot. i know. and you can snuzzle my boobies, but only if you ask first.

fatness.png

DolIy - sorry but the face features seem a little too gapped apart from each other. by this i mean, the eyes are too small so theyre very gapped looking from each other. same goes for the eyebrows length. i also think the nose may be too squished. the lips are really cute though! and nice choice on the hair, i dont even see any earthguards using this hair, its nice to see someone put it to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • DolIy - Sanctuary
    DolIy - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ty vixter <3
    maybe next time i give her a makeover, i can make sure her eyes meet a bit closer
    i dont really wanna try to enlarge them just b/c im trying to get away from crazy big anime eyes that a lot of those super skinny ini edited chars seem to all have.

ur veno looks so friggin short & buxom xD
    personally, a little too buxom for my own taste
    i like the colors u chose, reminds me of ur mystic whom i remember to be quite curvy as well :3 i think the eg hair u put on her is really cute too & complements her outfits. b:chuckle
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i dont think the eyes really need enlarging, but to make them wider would be the case, or perhaps making them a bit closer would do the trick. yea i know what u mean about the anime eyes, theyre huge. lol.

lol and ty about my char. i made her this big just to be fun ^^ im kinda growing on it now.... haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    and you can snuzzle my boobies, but only if you ask first.

Can I be the first one? b:cute
    But seriously, I'm in love with your char. She's so original! And I love the orange everywhere.
    Good job. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Bash lemme snuggle your **** some more b:chuckle

@Dolly, I think the eyes, like Bash said, are a bit to far apart, as well, you might want to rotate the eyes downward just a bit. the nose seems to squished too, bring out the nostrals a bit. I love the lips on her tho, the colour and the shape are really pretty. I dont think that particular hairstyle is very good for her facial features, or head shape. It kinda looks like its floating o.o'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phyrilla - Heavens Tear
    Phyrilla - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Well im starting fresh agian at RT c: so here's my new cleric. xVileAllure.b:thanks ohh and i got some other style that i cant chose should i go with the cute doll look or these other two.
    Face:
    212ctj8.jpg
    Body:
    2lihh1t.jpg
    Style1:
    2rm9qte.jpg
    Style 2:
    14x0za0.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thank you Susy for the lovely siggy b:thanks b:dirty
  • dimthought
    dimthought Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    wow so many nice charaters. i dont post often but do visit like weekly and i have to say Vixter. wow i LOVE her 10/10 she looks like she would have a snappy attitude and the colors make her seem so bubbly =)

Phyrilla 8/10 im not much fan of the eyeshadow or small noses (i prefer wider) i do like the black hair one the most brunette second but very cute

DolIy 7/10 about the same comment maybe wider eyes and bigger nose absoluty fabulous mouth and she looks like a little goldylocks with the hair =)

Attonments 6/10 sin 8/10 seeker/mystic on the sin love the color and tats the hair only drawback for me seeker/mystic love the colors and his face. he looks a big lonely though (but like that he has an expression)

SlaveEko 7/10 i like her lip color and mouth bet with higher graffics she a stunner

Hazumi 9/10 love the cold look she has. only reason i took a point of a bit to pale for my taste but it does complete her look

Haya 8/10 very pretty and looks good with that hair only thing i could say is the colors a little bland but so sweet

Venus 8/10 so regal looking. love the bald look but not the lip color i like how her face features are delicate the eyeshaow works with it. makes me think of Erudites from Everquest

ok well i guess i should post one of mine20110719103607.png
    this was my mystic older look but now my seekers
    this is her now20110721140612.png
    i am a big fan of the big eyes and ash looking skin.......so jealous of you pretty RL looking charaters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phyrilla - Heavens Tear
    Phyrilla - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dimthought wrote: »
    Everquest

ok well i guess i should post one of mine20110719103607.png
    this was my mystic older look but now my seekers
    this is her now20110721140612.png
    i am a big fan of the big eyes and ash looking skin.......so jealous of you pretty RL looking charaters

thanks c: and i rated you a 7/10 cause im not a fan of really wide nostril's and thats the reason for my rating other then that i like your character b:victory some how the eyes go with the shape of the head but it would be nice if you put a little smile on her or try to put some kind of emotion on her cause the pick kind look like a mug shot lol b:shutup but other then that i like her c: b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thank you Susy for the lovely siggy b:thanks b:dirty
  • Jatoni - Sanctuary
    Jatoni - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ashieni The Roman Belle, Enjoy

Pet Bunny Tibbers
    2011-07-2408-28-46.jpg

Confused at the Photographer
    2011-07-2408-13-30.jpg

Not Confused
    2011-07-2408-13-18.jpg

Touring In Lost City
    2011-06-2209-42-12.jpg
  • Kiehl - Raging Tide
    Kiehl - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ashieni The Roman Belle, Enjoy

Ohhh, Dashiko is back! b:chuckle
    5/5: I like how innocent she looks.
    M A D N E S S IS A P L A C E M A D N E S S IS A P L A C E M A D N E S S
    [SIGPIC]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/teaserx3/iconsGifs/anigif4-1.gif[/SIGPIC]
    I wonder what their faces will look like... As they lose all hope.
    I can't wait. Call for me when that happens,
    I'll come to watch, with some of the best black tea and dried plums.
  • Jatoni - Sanctuary
    Jatoni - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ohhh, Dashiko is back! b:chuckle
    5/5: I like how innocent she looks.

Back in this thread you mean, I've been here a while (entirely).

Just not in these parts. Ashieni has a sister btw X3

and tysvm She's my most adorable character (only suitable category for her) lol.