Don't Steal From Your Family

Options
1235»

Comments

• Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    There are laws, at least where I am, which forbid them from giving personal data to other third party companies without their permission or warrant/court order.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • LostInfo - Sanctuary
    LostInfo - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It may be different in the States - in the UK you can pass such information to prevent/investigate crimes. (DPA 1998 - Schedule 2)
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    LhRag - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    WTF!? this is.... VERY badb:angry
    honestly... ppl (regardless of age) should not touch ANY money until they can figure out what's actually going on...
  • Veltore - Heavens Tear
    Veltore - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    thats sad.I hope they can still pay Grandpa's bill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ladyselene - Heavens Tear
    Ladyselene - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i think this is sad, poor lady to have her trust broken. but it happens in other situations. my aunty who is a grandma herself has caused her mum (my grandma) to loose all her lifes savings and has been left with nothing. some real sad people around who dont care about family
    [SIGPIC]http://i43.tinypic.com/x549ac.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Friends are like stars, you dont have to see them to know they are there

We can't call people without wings angels, so we call them friends instead

Friends are the roses of life: pick them carefully and avoid the thorns
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately these circumstances do happen in the MMO world. Thankfully they are few and far between overall.

To the people telling to give the kid "a break", that is spoken by someone who has no children and little understanding of what punishment and taking responsibility for one's actions mean.

And as angelic said, pay attention to your statements for gods sake. If this incident was happening over time, it should have been noted a lot sooner than a month. However those details will remain with PWI and the persons involved.
  • xtinct23
    xtinct23 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    he was a kid cut him a brake, what do you expect when you just give out your credit card information to children?
    hell, to anybody?

I have done stupid things with money when i was young, its part of growing up, some people just make bigger mistakes than others.
    I feel bad for any of you that would want to hurt a kid for being dumb with money.
    unless were talk'n 15 or up, then beat the **** outta the kid :)

No, sorry. This is why kids these days get away with all the **** they want. Give him a break? Are you serious? The only break he may get is his freakin arm. If I did this when I was a kid, I would have had the **** beat out of me. I can assure you my kids would never pull this stunt, so get over the "he's a kid, give him a break" nonsense. Kids know better, they just choose to ignore common sense.
  • RAlSTLlN - Sanctuary
    RAlSTLlN - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    as horrible as it is, you got to think about it from his angle, its quite possible that he did not know how well off they were and might have spent money. Yes, 1000 dollars is a LOT, but the grandmother shouldnt have gave him her credit card number. All this about criminal charges is wrong, because you dont even know him, he could have special needs for gods sake and you don't even know his age (unless it was somewhere among all the pages, only read first 5 or sumthin), you cant convict him like that without knowing what happened from his side of the story. Now, im not against the ban from PW at all, but, seriously, from what I know, court charges are almost out of the question. You just gota understand everything and figure out his reasons first.
  • Jagterra - Sanctuary
    Jagterra - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    as horrible as it is, you got to think about it from his angle, its quite possible that he did not know how well off they were and might have spent money. Yes, 1000 dollars is a LOT, but the grandmother shouldnt have gave him her credit card number. All this about criminal charges is wrong, because you dont even know him, he could have special needs for gods sake and you don't even know his age (unless it was somewhere among all the pages, only read first 5 or sumthin), you cant convict him like that without knowing what happened from his side of the story. Now, im not against the ban from PW at all, but, seriously, from what I know, court charges are almost out of the question. You just gota understand everything and figure out his reasons first.

The kids age shouldn't even be a factor in this. Wrong is wrong. People need to stop making excuses for this twits lack of judgement and let whatever punishment is forthcoming happen. To take advantage of anyone in this manner is beyond unacceptable. And we can't convict him without knowing his side?.. His Side??? .. his side is that he stole from her. Plain and simple.
  • RAlSTLlN - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Im not at all saying that he shouldnt be punished at all, but its these juvee charges people are talking about that are getting to me. Would you rather convict a clueless 9 year old kid? Would that even make things better? I highly doubt it. At that age, any type of prison would more then likely **** the kid up even more.
  • RAlSTLlN - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Im not at all saying that he shouldnt be punished at all, but its these juvee charges people are talking about that are getting to me. Would you rather convict a clueless 9 year old kid? Would that even make things better? I highly doubt it. At that age, any type of prison would more then likely **** the kid up even more.
    Think back to when you were a kid, more then likely you never even though about money, all you cared about was what you wanted, face it kids are usually greedy, but thats how life is. If the kid was completely clueless as to what he was doing, then should he still pay the price that some of you think should be as harsh as it gets? Ive never bought zhen before, but couldnt it be possible he typed in an extra 0 or sumthing? Yes, from what it seems like, he stole from his grandmother, but you just cant go from that.
    sorry about the double post, but i couldnt figure out how the edit thing works.
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If the kid was completely clueless as to what he was doing, then should he still pay the price that some of you think should be as harsh as it gets? Ive never bought zhen before, but couldnt it be possible he typed in an extra 0 or sumthing? Yes, from what it seems like, he stole from his grandmother, but you just cant go from that.

The most one can purchase at one time (at least on my end) is $50 in zhen (5300 zhen). This boils down to around 20 purchases if the original figure of $1000 is accurate.

It's impossible to accidently put any number in as it is all filled out for the person as they purchase. :)
  • tenbatsu
    tenbatsu Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    people defending the kid are idiots.

realize the kid did this THIRTY individual times repeatedly.

jail? no. but this kid is about to grow up real fast. trust is very hard to rebuild.

punishment should be community service picking up trash and wearing a sign, "grandpa sick in hospital. no money to pay med bills. i stole from my grandma."
  • RAlSTLlN - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    tenbatsu wrote: »
    people defending the kid are idiots.

"

Saying that is like saying the people wanting to lock him up are heartless, don't call me an idiot im just trying to look at it from both sides.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Think back to when you were a kid, more then likely you never even though about money, all you cared about was what you wanted, face it kids are usually greedy, but thats how life is. If the kid was completely clueless as to what he was doing, then should he still pay the price that some of you think should be as harsh as it gets? Ive never bought zhen before, but couldnt it be possible he typed in an extra 0 or sumthing? Yes, from what it seems like, he stole from his grandmother, but you just cant go from that.

If this were a case of a kid that went out christmas shopping and bought for himself instead of everyone else I might be inclined to agree... just part of being a kid.............but the money that little punk took from his grandma was never HIS to begin with, making it a clear cut case of THEFT regardless of age! In some countries this would be punishable by the removal of some fingers on the first offense and death on the second offense. Try arguing that "he's just a kid" BS in one of those countries.
  • RAlSTLlN - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If this were a case of a kid that went out christmas shopping and bought for himself instead of everyone else I might be inclined to agree... just part of being a kid.............but the money that little punk took from his grandma was never HIS to begin with, making it a clear cut case of THEFT regardless of age! In some countries this would be punishable by the removal of some fingers on the first offense and death on the second offense. Try arguing that "he's just a kid" BS in one of those countries.

Yes, but we arent in one of those countries and more then likely neither is he, and im not argueing that he is just a kid, i am saying that you should know what he was feeling when he did it and WHY he did it, sure theft is theft when you go by the law, but ill say it again, he should never have had access to a credit card and its pin number in the first place, blaming the kid alone would mean not taking responsibilty for his grandmas actions.