Don't Steal From Your Family

Options

Comments

• brovar
    brovar Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Stealing from others in such a way is not okay. PWE does want to grow which is only possible by getting money into the company but not through such ways! The GM's are humans too and do you really think they would have liked that done to their grandparents? Just put yourself in reverse position here what if it were you in the same position as the "old lady"? Getting betrayed like that from your own family hurts. It is not just the money but the lose of trust!

I was reffering to the removal of charms packs. If they don't mind LYING and altering archives to leech more money, why would they mind STEALING? Because its not them who's stealing (at least not directly)?

And my comment on the case: well... isn't it like there's an authorisation needed to use credit card? I mean lol, if you give someone your credit card AND everything thats needed to use it then its your own fault if the person uses it in the way he/she wants to.
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    Omnee - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Dude...You so don't have a heart do you..I suggest going to another thread with heartless people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    There are MANY GM lurkers, not all post.

Hence why the ban sabers, hammers, shot guns, nukes and SWAT teams get so many results.

We lurk on forums, websites, bad "farming" websites/forums, in-game, etc. We're very proactive in making a difference in how our games are policed and handled.

We do have hearts too, and it really sucks to hear things like this take place.

Word of advice: don't be a tool.

(Why does someone want to grab my ear? What'd I do now?)
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • brovar
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Dude...You so don't have a heart do you..I suggest going to another thread with heartless people.

Of course I have a heart. But I also have a brain.
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It seems your brain only takes in what you think to be right. Try opening your mind a little. It helps in these situations.

Cause Panda Ears are cute?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brovar
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You still avoid responsing to what I've written before. You just call me heartless and you think it resolves everything, lol.

Plus, there are many things you're not taking into account. The kid who "stole" the credit card (and I don't like to name it "stealing" because the card was probably given to him) was I bet American. And American way of raising children is rather... hmmm... not restrictive, lol.

Well... watch this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itgcNy3L_Xc

The kid should have **** kicked out of him for stealing. Saying "I'm sorry" is by far not enough.

Still... its not the kids fault. Its like its not the sharks fault that it kills people from time to time.

The credit card situation is very similar to the card situation, I think, lol. Well, its your responsibility what your kids are like.
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    She gave him the card so he could use it one time, she trusted her grandson I mean he IS family, you should be able to trust it. The greedy person went behind her back. It does happen. Now she can't pay for some medical bills. I care about people..and it seems you have a thing against American child raising. I agree yes it does stink but alot of good people do come from it. He was just one kid that ended up on the bad side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brovar
    edited January 2009
    Options
    She gave him the card so he could use it one time, she trusted her grandson I mean he IS family, you should be able to trust it. The greedy person went behind her back. It does happen. Now she can't pay for some medical bills. I care about people..and it seems you have a thing against American child raising. I agree yes it does stink but alot of good people do come from it. He was just one kid that ended up on the bad side.

I don't agree with many things, not necessarily American. Most people are like sheeps and they don't use the brains. When they're told to be angry, they are. When they're told to be sad, they are. And lol... how do you know that all this situation ever took place? I mean, GMs lied to us at least once (one time it was proven without doubt), how do we know all this isn't made up so we zen a little more (out of compassion) for them to be able to give the money back to the old lady (which of course they won't do, in case you or anyone didn't catch the sarcasm):P

I bet he will just say he's sorry and he will be left alone. And he will charge some zen whenever he gets another chance, lol. And then we can all get really emotional again and show we have hearts, lol.
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You are soo full of yourself. The GMs have never lied to me thank you. Sure...they make mistakes..who doesn't. Go crawl back out of the cave you came from. I am through talking to you...you sound like a disgruntled teenager. If you don't like the GMs...find another game..no one is making you stay here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Wow, that's seriously messed up.

Stealing money is one thing, but if you're going to do it, at least make sure it's a small amount that no-one will care about.
  • brovar
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You are soo full of yourself. The GMs have never lied to me thank you. Sure...they make mistakes..who doesn't. Go crawl back out of the cave you came from. I am through talking to you...you sound like a disgruntled teenager. If you don't like the GMs...find another game..no one is making you stay here.

Yup, thats a nice way to discuss: throw some insults and then quit. They didn't lie to you? They introduced the charms packs as a PERMANENT addition, then removed them and altered the archives, so that they no longer say anything about PERMANENT. Isn't that a lie? And of course anyone can make mistakes. But if you cover your tracks so that it doesn't appear as a mistake, then its a lie.

But hey... some people actually believed that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, lol. That was another lie. And I doubt anyone has been punished for starting the war (the punishment for those who made the decisions should be up high hanging at very least). And I appologise for involving politics into the discussion, I couldn't resist to do that:P

And I like this game, and I like people I meet here. I even don't mind spending some money on it from time to time. But I just like to think and not just agree with anything, lol.

I'm very tempted to throw some real insults, but I won't, because it would eventually lead to involvement of nacism (the Godwin law), and then we would both get banned, lol. So keep the discussion on some high level;)
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I remember that they did say we will all be deleted in the system announcement just before the server maintainance, I suppose you can count that as a lie. b:laugh
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    brovar wrote: »
    I don't agree with many things, not necessarily American. Most people are like sheeps and they don't use the brains. When they're told to be angry, they are. When they're told to be sad, they are. And lol... how do you know that all this situation ever took place? I mean, GMs lied to us at least once (one time it was proven without doubt), how do we know all this isn't made up so we zen a little more (out of compassion) for them to be able to give the money back to the old lady (which of course they won't do, in case you or anyone didn't catch the sarcasm):P

I bet he will just say he's sorry and he will be left alone. And he will charge some zen whenever he gets another chance, lol. And then we can all get really emotional again and show we have hearts, lol.

Sir, this did happen and I personally have to be in contact with PayPal, the Grandmother's bank and also do the full investigation to all of the transactions in question. The user in question has been banned from the services, IP blocked, and will never be allowed in our community from this day forward. We posted the issue because what has happened is not right, period. We are not asking for pity, remorse, or anything of that sort. We are simply educating our users that this is not tolerated and downright wrong to do. I am jumping through hoops to get this poor lady her money back so the accusation that PWE doesn't care or we will just take money is completely false. Yes, we are a business, yes, money makes the world go round, we understand. The issue is how the money is received and by what means the money has been earned. Someone who takes advantage of a family member just to buy ZEN from PWE is unacceptable and that is exactly what the post is intended to show our community.

On a lighter note, this issue will be fixed and yes, the grandmother will be getting all of her money back including the purchase she authorized her Grandson to buy ZEN from PWE.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Asofuhans - Sanctuary
    Asofuhans - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    sadly, its stories such as this that get the ignorant parts of society screaming about how gaming is a terrible influence.
  • brovar
    edited January 2009
    Options
    shnuggles wrote: »
    On a lighter note, this issue will be fixed and yes, the grandmother will be getting all of her money back including the purchase she authorized her Grandson to buy ZEN from PWE.

Thank you for posting such a long explanation, I really apprecieate your effort to explain things to me. But it really isn't that simple:

Well... I find it unfair to give her money back. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have no proof that she didn't really allow her grandson to spend money on zen, right? Maybe she allowed him and then she forgot about it? It happens to people of older age. Or maybe her grandson got bored of PWI anyway and both he and his grandma thought of a way to get the spent money back?

I normally wouldn't bother, but I'm afraid that giving the money back will increase the prices of Cash Shop items (because the money can't come from nowhere), which is unfair for the honest people.

Well... would you give me spent money back if my dad called you and cried that I stole his money to charge zen? Just a simple yes or no question.

What happened has happened, and everybody should learn a lesson out of it and move forward. If you make a mistake (i.e. give your credit card details to an untrustworthy person) you need to face the consequences, no matter who you are (a granny, a bum or mr President, lol).
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    YAY! Thanks Snuggie for fixing it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shnuggles
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Thank you for posting such a long explanation, I really apprecieate your effort to explain things to me. But it really isn't that simple:

Well... I find it unfair to give her money back. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have no proof that she didn't really allow her grandson to spend money on zen, right? Maybe she allowed him and then she forgot about it? It happens to people of older age. Or maybe her grandson got bored of PWI anyway and both he and his grandma thought of a way to get the spent money back?

I normally wouldn't bother, but I'm afraid that giving the money back will increase the prices of Cash Shop items (because the money can't come from nowhere), which is unfair for the honest people.

Well... would you give me spent money back if my dad called you and cried that I stole his money to charge zen? Just a simple yes or no question.

What happened has happened, and everybody should learn a lesson out of it and move forward. If you make a mistake (i.e. give your credit card details to an untrustworthy person) you need to face the consequences, no matter who you are (a granny, a bum or mr President, lol).

Now we are in territory I cannot speak on the forums. Just note that any fraudulent purchasing of any nature, family fraud or regular fraud, will be handled accordingly and any type of fraud earns you the Grand Prize!!!

Grand Prize is forever being eliminated from the Perfect World Entertainment community with an all expense paid perma-ban signed by yours truely!!!

Value of all items contained in this prize package: Priceless.
    [PWE Billing]

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I approve of this message.

b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I approve of the Panda's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Great... groupies... back to Tech Support Zone I go...

b:avoid
  • brovar
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Now we are in territory I cannot speak on the forums. Just note that any fraudulent purchasing of any nature, family fraud or regular fraud, will handled accordingly and any type of fraud earns you the Grand Prize!!!

Grand Prize is forever being eliminated from the Perfect World Entertainment community with an all expense paid perma-ban signed by yours truely!!!

Value of all items contained in this prize package: Priceless.

OK. Even the GMs can't answer my questions. I understand that you need to follow the rules, but I sustain what I said before: when I get bored with this game, I will attempt to get spent money back by saying that it was fraud. And if I will get it back, then the company will be going down, because it will end up needing to give back everything it has earned. And if I don't... then I will fill a lawsuit complaining that I've been discriminated because I'm not a nice American Granny. Period.

Lol, you could at least bring the charms packs back to make me trust you again:P From my perspective, your "As soon as possible" means pretty much "never".
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    Options
    b:bye b:beatup
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    OK. Even the GMs can't answer my questions. I understand that you need to follow the rules, but I sustain what I said before: when I get bored with this game, I will attempt to get spent money back by saying that it was fraud. And if I will get it back, then the company will be going down, because it will end up needing to give back everything it has earned. And if I don't... then I will fill a lawsuit complaining that I've been discriminated because I'm not a nice American Granny. Period.

Lol, you could at least bring the charms packs back to make me trust you again:P From my perspective, your "As soon as possible" means pretty much "never".

How old are you? Have you ever had to file a chargeback before? You certainly don't sound old enough to own a credit card much less grasp the fact that $1000, while substantial to that particular grandmother, is a lot less than their total earnings.

If it were not the case and it was a case of you (or anyone else) trying to defraud PWE I have no doubt their high paid lawyers would enjoy shipping you or your parents (if they were in on it) to a nice cozy jail.
  • shnuggles
    edited January 2009
    Options
    They can no longer hear you Naris b:pleased
    [PWE Billing]

-Andrew Jackson

-proper noun
  • KnightBarb - Heavens Tear
    KnightBarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Woah dude, you sound like you have major issues. I hate to be the one to break this to you, but the banking industry can tell when fraud has been done. The banking industry does a through investigation on all fraud cases. Daddy saying he did not let you buy Zen when he really did can land him in hot water along with you. That would be just as bad as the boy stealing from his grandmother. Nationality has nothing to do with this. FRAUD is FRAUD, no matter where you live. Unless your country handles fraud differently. Do not know where you are from and really dont care to know.

Letting someone use your card one time does NOT give permission to use it at your whim. Grandmother may have messed up with the first time letting him use card, BUT that does NOT excuse the lowlife doing it over and over again.

And I do hope the dear GMs look into your account further for what is clearly a threat to the company.
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

hmmmm....let me get this straight. you're basically admitting that your intention is to commit charge-back fraud?

Not a wise move, my friend...nicht klug, mein Freund

pardon me for a moment while i remove the banhammer from my toolchest.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
    edited January 2009
    Options
    They can no longer hear you Naris b:pleased

Errr does this mean what I think it means? Did I hear the ban hammer??b:chuckle
    edited January 2009
    Options
    hmmmm....let me get this straight. you're basically admitting that your intention is to commit charge-back fraud?

Not a wise move, my friend...nicht klug, mein Freund

pardon me for a moment while i remove the banhammer from my toolchest.

Hehe nice move Shazz, nice move....b:kiss
  • darthpanda16
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Point of this thread:

DON'T STEAL

DON'T BE A TOOL

HAVE COMMON SENSE (and a heart)
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have a heart *rips it out for everyone to see* THANKS PWE for helping the poor granny..and for your mighty ban hammerness. And no Panda..you can't have your ear back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]