Carebear....ROFL!!

Comments

• Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Don't worry about it lol

Being "badass" is the new black it seems. b:laugh
    Being kind towards others is like soooooo last millenium ok?

I used to take offense to the word carebear myself but no moars! So thank you to those who have shined the light on this little "insult."b:laugh

Also being a carebear not only grants you the reputation of being kind towards others. It also comes with that deadly carebear stare ability. @.@ Strike fear into the hearts of those who threaten you without even trying!b:angryb:sad
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    That was epic, Faustinna! b:laugh

or in a phrase a PKer will understand better... pwnz0red

Yay! This calls for a beyonce "Single ladies" dance! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have been semi-seriously thinking about leveling up a character on Lost City and creating a "CareBears" faction, and trying to attract white named martyrs that would be willing to help other players turn their names red.

And, probably, I could arrange some web site where each member could log their killers and whether those kills were friendly, hostile or whatever else. We might even take some action against particularly hostile players [we would have to be careful here because nothing prevents cruel players from pretending to be nice, and some might even try with some degree of success -- but we could easily kick and ban red-named characters]. And we would maybe have alliances with other guilds, where we provide various "care bear" surveillance services. I might arrange for tea parties, too, if I could figure out how.)

And then I realized that I just do not have enough interest in PvP to make this work.

But I am amused whenever I think of this idea.
  • devlinne
    devlinne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Interesting thesis.

But i'd like to bring to your attention, the fact that some ppl are in RL infact RUTHLESS, POWER HUNGRY, and simply BADASS.

So those ppl that are that way in real-life......you can't expect them to play the game all cuddly and fuzzy.saying they are weak kids in real-life is a misinformed and POOR attempt to cover your OWN short comings of being OVER-EMOTIONAL.

Whether or not u take my next staement as truth or i'm "just trying to act big" is your own problem. Don't affect me one bit.I'm just trying to share why ppl are in game as how they are in rl.

I myself grew up in a time and place where if u weak,poor,u get STOMPED.So we hustle,we fight,we gangbanged,etc.
    Now 30 years later, i'm married,own my own home,car,job,the WORKS.
    I will admit i got to where i am now, by breaking a few faces,stabbing a few backs,served some time,but that was then......this is NOW.

Matter of fact, this game(and many games before it) is my way of doing what i want,when i want, how i want........WITHOUT the cops busting me.It's safe, it's CLEAN and it keeps me at home.
    So i beg to differ with your theory of "weak kids" being the agressors behind the characters in this game.

I wouldn't STOP ppl from being caring....thats your own way, your own life.

So don't stop ppl from playing this game as an aggressor either.Thats my way in rl, and thats my way in game.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Does it make me a carebear that I want to kill people as much as the next guy, it's jus' I jus' don't like bein' hurt? :(

Which is weird to think (the ''carebear'' part...) I've never heard that term before, before I came to PW...
    Maybe I should go to Carebear Class, to get the knack of it down.

But only if it includes pixelated tree huggin' ;)
  • Kitse - Sanctuary
    Kitse - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I, like Coviana, have and always will consider carebear to be a high compliment. I have played MMOs since 1999 on and off and have always done what I can to help people. I have also (and am now) the leader of a small guild that only accepts carebear type people. It is a personality type that makes one a carebear, and IMO those are the best people in the world and the only type of person I care to associate with.

I have PKed before to see what all the fuss is about, mostly in the old MMO Asheron's Call... the only time I ever got any fun out of it was when I was simply fighting a close friend for the fun of it and simply tossing war spells and then healing them right after and them doing the same, anything more serious was simply not fun to me. More then once though someone came for me and my friend to try to get some 'easy kills' as I level slowly I was low level and they thought it meant easy prey (like killing women and children in war)... However I have never died in PK to an usurper like such, they always end up running away nomatter how much higher level they are then me. I am skilled in it, I simply do not like it. If you like it, great, more power to you - PKing and being a carebear are not mutually exclusive. Think about knights in the dark ages, true knights were a sort of carebear.

Like Coviana, I simply do not understand how 'carebear' could ever even be considered an insult.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I am Princess Carebear, and I approve this OP.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Purple - Lost City
    Purple - Lost City Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I think I manage to be a jerk and nice at the same time.
    Sure, I do boss runs for everyone before starting WQ, but if you interupt me while doing so, I'll rip your face off and feed it to my pet.

>:]
    Wall sniping, ninja tree magic, and medium range artillery. Whine less, please. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Like Coviana, I simply do not understand how 'carebear' could ever even be considered an insult.

I simply dont understand how you dont know anything about people that enjoy PKing, different personalities different play styles different insults
    Remember this is and will always be a PVP game btw, this is the only PW service that has a PVE option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I simply dont understand how you dont know anything about people that enjoy PKing, different personalities different play styles different insults
    Remember this is and will always be a PVP game btw, this is the only PW service that has a PVE option.

With the way things are in the servers, you should be glad they even still have pvp server. 75% or more of the players are on pve servers.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I agree the internet is a nasty place to be but it takes a lot of a person to realize that, yes there are ****-holes in this world, and they do not give one flipping **** about you. So you just shrug it off, walk away, and play the freaking game.

The original poster needs to realize that people wont change because they hurt someones feelings. Its a game, it is nothing big. I personally think that article is a bunch of BS since I got it in a text before (like 500 gillion times T.T). If it happened for real, that girl is well... stupid for letting the internet get to her.

Yes, I believe that some people take the internet way to seriously... yeah that doesn't do anything for ya. Stop fighting, stop caring, and shut your mouth stop defending yourself it just makes you go in circles anyway.

If you have a problem, go to a safe zone, leave the computer, grab a drink or a snack, go to the bathroom, watch a little T.V and come back you will be fine.

Seriously though, thread=fail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    With the way things are in the servers, you should be glad they even still have pvp server. 75% or more of the players are on pve servers.

lol @ this post.
    You do realize pvp servers give WAY more money than PVE right ? you should be glad you have pve servers rofl.

P.D.
    (pwi is the only pw service that offers pve option, all others are pvp
    hmmmmmmm wonder why hmmmmmmmmmmm)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you want to make such a claim, prove it. Prove what you said. Oh sorry you can't. You don't have PWE sales figures and you won't get them either.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Ever heard of common sense ?

With all your big pvp knowledge (veno using pet is nub, you got 1 shot thru bramble hood, wizards that kite suck, bms that use stuns suck, classes that use their advantages to win are noobs, clerics that buff and heal in fights suck, etc.) cant you figure it out zoe ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lessie, you would be suprised,you have no way to prove PvP servers make more money. more people on PvE = more people spending real life. money. just becasue u need more angels and charms doesnt mean people pore more real life money into the server. i just buy my angels and charms from others, and im sure 70% of LC server does also.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    lessie, you would be suprised,you have no way to prove PvP servers make more money. more people on PvE = more people spending real life. money. just becasue u need more angels and charms doesnt mean people pore more real life money into the server. i just buy my angels and charms from others, and im sure 70% of LC server does also.

The chance of that bold part happening is quite high.
    There's a reason for all other PW services to make it pvp you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i have no clue what ur post meant. i dont understand it T_T
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    i have no clue what ur post meant. i dont understand it T_T

if pve is so much more profitable, why are all other pw services pvp ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Coviana - Sanctuary
    Coviana - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2009

If I had to guess, i'd say it's a combination of two reasons: one is because the others came first, and inertia hasn't given way to change it yet; the other is that the US is a more competitive economic market, where catering to the demand of the customers is what profitable business is all about.

PWI introduced the PVE servers because that's what the (if server loads are to be believed, OVERWHELMING) majority of customers prefer, and while they wanted to keep the PVP option available to avoid alienating the pre-existing market, they realised that they could attract a LOT more customers by offering PVE as well.

In the nutshell:

In a profit-driven free-market economy like the US (in which PWI is based), you either provide what the customers want, or you wither and die as a business. PWI chose the former, and created the PVE servers - not because of carebears on staff, but because it's more profitable to provide what the customers actually want.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Wrong. PW-MS has PvE servers, too. *shrug* It seems all Western PW services have PvE, while the Eastern ones don't. I guess it's a matter of culture in the end.

Other then that, the issue of the economics of PvP and PvE servers is pretty much way out of topic there, wouldn't you agree?
    you should be glad you have pve servers rofl.

Yes, I am. I would really hate having to share a server with all those arrogant egomaniacs who believe they are the beginning and end of all things. I am really glad the vast majority of them rolls on LC. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2009

So you're saying 2 PvE servers that both have way more players than 1 PvP server still doesn't make as much money as that 1 PvP server? LOL

You talk about common sense but it looks like you don't use it.
    edited January 2009
    So you're saying 2 PvE servers that both have way more players than 1 PvP server still doesn't make as much money as that 1 PvP server? LOL

I have been advised in another thread that this is the reason (no, it's not been taken out of context, it was about the exact same question):
    And most people who can afford CS, will probably find the game more interesting on PvP.

So, yes, if you and I and all the other people on PvE wouldn't live on social security or in their momma's basement, we would obviously roll on Lost City and enjoy a real game. Shame that we can't afford it, really - so we have to stay on PvE where we don't need to buy cash shop items. Maybe when the world financial crisis is over, I am going to get a job at McDonalds and save up. One day, I will be with the really great people and stab other players in the back, like they do! Maybe I will even learn how to properly belittle and insult others! *dreams*

/sarcasm off

Can't really argue with logic like that, can you? But I guess it's best not to destroy their little world. It's the only one they've got, after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Because MMO's like World of Warcraft, a major game in the MMO industry, have PvE servers, and they have proven that PvE servers are quite popular with people, which means that as PW expands to new markets they have to adapt to different mechanics that people have come to expect to be available in MMOs.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Illusionista - Heavens Tear
    Illusionista - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    OMG. Does this mean carebears outnumber PKers? [PvE=popular, therefore Carebears=majority?] [I could also make a terrible argument about survival of the fittest in non-Darwinian terms about how Carebears exist today because being one is somehow beneficial!]

Now I wish I were more carebear. b:pleased [And I don't believe it's an insult at all]

As several people have already stated--feelings do get hurt online. While personally, I'd like to disconnect my online persona from my rl persona--it's kinda impossible. Your online persona will always stem from YOU--There's a reason you are the way you are online whether you know it or not--but that might start a psychological debate about unconscious desires or the whatnot.

While I think it's fun to play the ******* at times [mostly only with friends, of course], if someone is genuinely hurt and tells me, I would definitely apologize for inexcusable behavior--online or not. It hasn't ever hit that point before, but...if it ever did... X3;

As for my opinion [two cents at this point] about the girl. It's completely wrong to call her stupid for paying attention to stuff online.

A. Who knows what issues she had psychologically...maybe she couldn't help it. Just because YOU wouldn't act the same way doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else. Brain chemistry is important too!

B. If you've ever been invested in a relationship, maybe you'd know how it feels to be flamed by that same person you've come to trust and love. Same goes with friends and backstabbing--it freaking hurts when someone you put time and effort with just goes and betrays.

While I'm not saying anyone is stupid or the whatnot for any of their opinions...I think it'd be beneficial to be a little more open minded about feelings. While I'm personally not the nicest person in the world, it annoys me to no end when people brush off others as "stupid" or inferior in anyway even in an online game. IMHO people need to be treated with respect. Or maybe I'm too old fashioned for the new millennium~b:chuckle
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    Gonzu - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If they call us carebears then why not call them brawlbears? b:chuckle
  • Illusionista - Heavens Tear
    Illusionista - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It certainly wouldn't be an insult, right? b:laugh
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009

You talk about common sense but it looks like you don't use it.

You fail to use it.
    OMG do tea-party servers need 5 charms a day (sometimes) just for pk wars ? ignoring the amount you'll already waste in PVE.
    Do LC players get their zhen parties ruined ? wasted exp scrolls gotta buy a new 1.
    Do many (lame but true lol!) LC players lose cash shop stuff when they r red ? gotta learn the lesson and get ur stuff again and I love those ones b:chuckle
    Do PVE players need the best gear with the highest possible shards to kill..... monsters ?
    Check PVP rankings, wonder which server has more reds using dolls hm.....

PVE are so much more profitable b:shocked gotta get that end game gear asap to kill those high lvl monsters b:spit I guess it makes you feel better in your little tea-party world lol!

Funny
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Care%20Bear
    Can't really argue with logic like that, can you? But I guess it's best not to destroy their little world. It's the only one they've got, after all.
    Let me explain why that person you quoted say people that can buy CS stuff usually go pvp.
    If you check CS, you see a lot of stuff with just 1 goal: give you an edge over other players.
    PVE use of mount: save you time, purely optional and not needed to survive.
    PVP use of mount: saving your **** from a pk ganking, running from kos, catching up to whoever you'll pk and save you time, purely optional but needed to surive a lot of times.
    PVE use of charm: save you meditation time and only needed in zhens.
    PVP use of charm: save you meditation time, needed in zhen, saving your **** in pvp fights.
    PVE use of dolls: stop exp loss
    PVP use of dolls: stop exp loss and avoid item loss when pking.
    PVE Refining CS items: make your gear better to kill those monsters in 0.5 less seconds!
    PVP Refining CS items: aside from PVE advantage, giving you an edge over other players in pvp, becoming one of the best PKers of your class, may save your **** in a fight more than once.

Most items have a bigger use in PVP, now if I'm going to throw my money here what do I want from it ? making my life easier in tea-party servers or survival, an edge + any PVE advantages in the PVP server ? I'd like to get the most out of my money.
    I guess that was too hard for your tea-party mind to figure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This is slightly offtopic, but what I find really humorous is the "PKers" on the PvE shard who act like they're "all that". I always wondered why if they're so tough they aren't on the PvP server. I never asked though, don't want to offend anyone being the carebear Princess that I am.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    You fail to use it.
    OMG do tea-party servers need 5 charms a day (sometimes) just for pk wars ? ignoring the amount you'll already waste in PVE.
    Do LC players get their zhen parties ruined ? wasted exp scrolls gotta buy a new 1.
    Do many (lame but true lol!) LC players lose cash shop stuff when they r red ? gotta learn the lesson and get ur stuff again and I love those ones b:chuckle
    Do PVE players need the best gear with the highest possible shards to kill..... monsters ?
    Check PVP rankings, wonder which server has more reds using dolls hm.....

PVE are so much more profitable b:shocked gotta get that end game gear asap to kill those high lvl monsters b:spit

And still nothing of what you said there proves that you're generating the majority of PW revenues as you claim. You don't have any more numbers on this than I have. Even _if_ your average spending per person was higher, you guys make up a laughable ~25-30% of the PWI community, so you'd have to spend loads of more cash on average just be to on par with the PvE servers, let alone dwarving them.
    All you can do is make wild speculations, based on your ego-inflated view that you're better, more skilled, more important and more 1337 than PvEers.

To get halfway back on topic:
    "Tea-party server", huh? You know what, you're really a perfect example of why this thread exists. People like you could write 20,000 posts and you still would be completely unable to write just a single posting that doesn't contain any insults or at least was belittling others you obviously perceive as being inferior to you, am I right? Don't you guys just get that nobody takes you for serious that way? I will tell you a secret: That the persons you're referring to as "carebears" refrain from tossing similar **** back at you doesn't actually mean that they have the slightest respect for you or your kind - only that they have better manners. Have a nice day!
    Most items have a bigger use in PVP, now if I'm going to throw my money here what do I want from it ? making my life easier in tea-party servers or survival, an edge + any PVE advantages in the PVP server ? I'd like to get the most out of my money.
    I guess that was too hard for your tea-party mind to figure.

Ok, you edited your posting while I was typing mine, so adding my reply here.

I will try to explain why I find that above quoted statement "People who can afford CS tend to prefer PvP" so laughable. I promise to try using very simple words and easy to understand reasoning. Here goes:

Disregarding your irrelevant ramblings about CS items being more valuable in PvP.... Did the possibility that people, even those possessing vast amounts of real life money, could actually _PREFER_ PvE over PvP gameplay ever occur to you? At all? Does it seem possible to you that despite some of us PvEers easily could afford to burn 100 charms and 500 dolls per week, we just don't WANT to be on a PvP server with people like you? Is it perhaps imaginable that we just don't think that shooting others in the back while they are busy fighting a monster is fun? No? Then you're even more arrogant and self-absorbed than I thought possible. Congratulations, that was a feat to achieve!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitse - Sanctuary
    Kitse - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    And still nothing of what you said there proves that you're generating the majority of PW revenues as you claim. You don't have any more numbers on this than I have. Even _if_ your average spending per person was higher, you guys make up a laughable ~25-30% of the PWI community, so you'd have to spend loads of more cash on average just be to on par with the PvE servers, let alone dwarving them.
    All you can do is make wild speculations, based on your ego-inflated view that you're better, more skilled, more important and more 1337 than PvEers.

To get halfway back on topic:
    "Tea-party server", huh? You know what, you're really a perfect example of why this thread exists. People like you could write 20,000 posts and you still would be completely unable to write just a single posting that doesn't contain any insults or at least was belittling others you obviously perceive as being inferior to you, am I right? Don't you guys just get that nobody takes you for serious that way? I will tell you a secret: That the persons you're referring to as "carebears" refrain from tossing similar **** back at you doesn't actually mean that they have the slightest respect for you or your kind - only that they have better manners. Have a nice day!

I'm not usually one to post on forums at all, let alone say this sort of thing, but I feel very strongly about this.

QFT.

This is definitely the truth, everything you have said is entirely true down to the last word. This person seems to discount things they do not understand and counter everything they do understand with anything they can without any thought as to the possibility it is true.

I'm not the combative type as I have shown before, and I have more then enough experience to know what these two posts will provoke from some people, so I will leave off posting now with this post.

For those that missed my hinting at it in my earlier post... I have been the guild leader of many guilds through many MMOs in the past, some of which had many PK loving players in it that were also carebears. I know a good deal about PKing despite being a carebear, you have to in order to have a guild of NPK and PK people in it, and to deal with the social fallout that happens when interguild conflicts arise, which is much more frequent and intense when PK issues are involved. This is one carebear that actually knows a lot about the PK community and has a lot of experience around it (just not much in this particular game).