mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i wonder you r starting another chapter of flame warb:shocked
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtrm9
    xtrm9 Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I am speaking what i feel is sadly the truth in most online games.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think you're too optimistic, saying that everyone that acts evil have bad backgrounds. Some people are just naturally evil and feed off the misery of others. You make it sound as if everyone was born an angel or something.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Icy Ragnarok - Sanctuary
    Icy Ragnarok - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ^:Everyone is born with that choice, (which in turn would make them devils as well).
    But I lean towards optimism.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    xtrm9 wrote: »
    ZOMG!! U ARE A CAREBEAR

This is a response that many kind and caring people get these days is many games. Let it make it very clear to you all that the more human u are , the more kind and caring you will be. The more balanced your life, the more compassionate you will be.

As in most of the cases the ones who are making fun of the caring people are usually kids who everybody makes fun of at school. Now they are unable to stand up for themselves in most cases maybe they are too fat or too skinny etc etc. So they come online , start acting like they are some gangsters and spread this hate in the game because they are so filled with hate that they radiate it everywhere they go. So if someone is acting in a caring way they will make fun of them and in a way discourage that person from acting in a caring way the next time. They are not allowing others to give what they themselves have been denied in real life, kindness.

Now you will say this a game who cares ? Well let me tell you real people with real emotions play this game and if you do your best to upset them with your hate filled actions then maybe some of them will get upset.http://www.truthscape.com/html/ts_TheTruthScapeSoapboxIssue1WordsCanKill.htm

My advice to you will be do not discourage people who do acts to caring and kindness. If possible do them yourself. Acting like a gangster online will not make you a better person in real life.

You can continue to blame others for your actions or you can take control of the way you behave. Let me tell you that hate is such a thing that it will eat you up from inside. If you have a problem in real life then simply take action to solve it in real life instead of just filling the world with hate.

Every thing you do in your life is a choice. Fat people can do daily brisk walking for 1 hour and control their eating habits , food does not accidentally enters your mouth. Skinny kids can build up strength. If you feel no one loves you then you can start by giving out love to others and i can assure you love will love back to you. If You had a painful past you can always remember that the past is over and that you can shape your future by the choices u make in the present moment. If you are in any abusive relationship then you can stand up for yourself and find better alternatives.

You will always have a choice in life. I hope you start to make choices that make you a better person.
    Even when no one else is watching , you still are.

This is not an extension of real life.... this is a game, to be played in your spare time.

Being evil in a game is in NO WAY an indication of what a person acts like in real life, it may simply be a dynamic of the character they are trying to establish.... haven't you ever wanted to be the bad guy????

Also if you put too much emotional stock into what someone says or does to you in a game... not only are you a Carebare.... you're also an EMO, if one's feelings are so fragile, perhaps they should not be playing at all, perhaps they should seek emotional counseling.

All we need is some nut going off the deep end and going on a killing spree over what someone said to him in a game....... LOL!!!!

Friends don't let EMO friends play online games!!!!b:laugh
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Carebear is a name for non-PvP server players.

Some MMORPGs do not even have PvP servers, thus the whole game is carebear.

There is no other definition for carebear (other than the toy itself).

This is a game, as are ALL other MMORPGs, and should be treated as such. To take it further is dangerous.
    (i.e. playing D+D with pen and paper, vs. playing with swords in a sewer, one is very dangerous)

MMO = Massive Multi-Player Online
    RPG = Role Playing Game

Note the Role Playing facet in the name. If someone wants to role play good or evil, that is their freedom to do so. It is what these games are about.
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    TBH, people dishing out the word carebear as an insult are idiots -- and same goes to those who take it as an insult. It's just a word, ffs, that can be easily brushed off. And to the people who call others that name or whatever...can't they think of anything else better? X'DD

Anywho, yeah, this place is nothing but a video game but, I will quote the OP on the one thing that is very, and always true:
    "Well let me tell you real people with real emotions play this game..."

'Nuff said.
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    People are a product of their genes and their environment. Nature and nurture. Honestly, we are all just pre-programmed machines. We have no real choices the way many envision; we are all just pawns controlled by the mechanisms of fate.

The only real difference between us and a computer program (besides the obvious differences), is we can experience it from a first-person perspective. We have a consciousness that allows us to experience it, and offer an illusion of choice. Again: a product of our biology.

Deus ex machina.
  • CutiePup - Sanctuary
    CutiePup - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I am a "carebear". I care a lot about people around me (hence my "Seriously?" topic in S&V). It doesn't matter if someone repeats themselves to me, because I already know I care about people. When people call me a carebear I just say "Yeah, so what?" and that usually gets them to go somewhere else or start on some new insult.

By then I know they're just looking for a fight and I blacklist them (yay for PWI thinking ahead of time..) and go back to training my Veno. b:pleased
  • Mainachan - Sanctuary
    Mainachan - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    "The present moment is a powerful goddess" -Goethe
  • l4me
    l4me Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    well from what i know and experienced
    i have learned to let it be
    they like to harass people and it does suck in a way
    but well that is the choice they make
    they choose to be a jerk
    and it is our responsibility to ignore them lol
    at least that is what i thought
    especially when you are playing in pve server since they can't kill you
    probably they will KS you or insult you using weird to dumb words
    but for me a very ignorant person i could just say "whatever" and let it pass
    and the last choice is to just play offline game where the jerks can be killed lol well most of the time
  • Warmaiden - Lost City
    Warmaiden - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    xtrm9, thank you for sharing a thoughtful and mature post. I don't think most people understand the intentions and purpose of what you wrote.
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    carebears are cute. i used to watch it when i was little. b:pleased
    omg im posting stuff.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Let's all meditate and try to reconnect with the ever flowing harmony that is our sensitivity while chanting "I'm a carebare yes I am, I'm a carebare and so is Sam!"

Then we can all gather around the campfire and hold hands while singing Kum-bai-ya.

I just want to give all of you a really really really really great big hug!!!!

..................NOT!b:laugh
  • Some_guy - Heavens Tear
    Some_guy - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Let's all meditate and try to reconnect with the ever flowing harmony that is our sensitivity while chanting "I'm a carebare yes I am, I'm a carebare and so is Sam!"

Then we can all gather around the campfire and hold hands while singing Kum-bai-ya.

I just want to give all of you a really really really really great big hug!!!!

..................NOT!b:laugh

lol, thats not a carebear. Thats a hippie. A carebear is someone who helps others first and then themselves. Nothing wrong with that though.
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well he is trying to justify being a carebear by relating it to human nature. But a gaming environment is not real life, and its proven people do not do the same ingame as they do in RL. People with no RL leadership take up GM positions ingame, people who are friendly and helpful go and act like 10 year old jerks, and people who would never harm a fly start PKing like crazy.

If you go play counter strike or something, does everyone just stand there chatting? No. They kill because thats the purpose of the game. MMORPG's arent designed purely for killing but it is a feature, and when you add guilds, drama and rankings to the mix it gives players an incentive to PK.

If even after all of this, you decide not to PK, then yes you are a carebear. Its a label, a title, a little something that says even though this game allows PKing you somehow do not want to use that feature and cannot understand why others will.
  • CutiePup - Sanctuary
    CutiePup - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If even after all of this, you decide not to PK, then yes you are a carebear. Its a label, a title, a little something that says even though this game allows PKing you somehow do not want to use that feature and cannot understand why others will.

Ha, right...just because features are there do not mean that it is intentional for every single person to use it. That's like saying since you have an FB at level 19, you are automatically supposed to do bosses or you're a carebear.

Really, it's just a feature...
  • Quiet_Wind - Sanctuary
    Quiet_Wind - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The carebear will always be welcome and loved the jackass will not.

It is a Clerics duty to help others, the game was design around team work.

"Surrender yourself humbly; then you can be trusted to care for all things.
    Love the world as your own self; then you can truly care for all things."

"A drop of compassion deserves a wellspring of gratitude."

being labelled a carebear is a compliment b:pleased
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Agreed Quiet_Wind b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • NiinjaStar - Lost City
    NiinjaStar - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The carebear will always be welcome and loved the jackass will not.

It is a Clerics duty to help others, the game was design around team work.

"Surrender yourself humbly; then you can be trusted to care for all things.
    Love the world as your own self; then you can truly care for all things."

"A drop of compassion deserves a wellspring of gratitude."

being labelled a carebear is a compliment b:pleased

Im a carebear b:laugh
    That is why I am a cleric
  • ISLEOFPEN - Heavens Tear
    ISLEOFPEN - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ha, right...just because features are there do not mean that it is intentional for every single person to use it. That's like saying since you have an FB at level 19, you are automatically supposed to do bosses or you're a carebear.

Really, it's just a feature...

what about during territory war, some people would sit there and not attack other guild. also on pve server, white name players would ***** about getting attack by other players.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    what about during territory war, some people would sit there and not attack other guild. also on pve server, white name players would ***** about getting attack by other players.

Well if you go into TW you know you have to deal with pvp and you accepted that when you entered. Also if you go white name in PvE server, don't complain if someone kills you. You CHOSE to go white name, you did not have to.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    While it is true the RPG part is role playing game. Not all role play. I act almost the same way in game as in real life.

I would probably fall under the carebear title, but being a donkey's butt isn't exactly my idea of a fun time in game. People insult other players, but people don't realize that not everyone is role playing. Feelings can be hurt whether or not someone intends it. Sarcasm isn't easily detected over the internet.

If you insult someone, you may be intending to insult their in game actions, but sometimes that would be the same as insulting the person itself in real life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Some people that want to fight other people try to turn anything they can into something that would provoke a fight.

Personally... I do not usually have enough time and interest to indulge them.

But sometimes I am willing to try!

b:cute
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well try to keep in mind that people are a product of there times. One generation will be different then the last in the many ways, as will that one from the previous, etc. If you go back only two generations (a generation is 25yrs btw), you'll notice the morals instilled in children were a lot different then today. "eat your vitamins, say your prayers, help old ladies across the street etc". Then you had the peace and love generation with "we are the world, we are the children. Give peace a chance."

A generation is 25years, but every 10years you will see a drastic change in behavior. The 70's and 80's were completely different. As were the 80's and 90's. And so on and so on. The recent generation is the "apathy, greed and everything is a joke" generation. Decensitized to violence completely, very little moral character because of the lack of moral foundation and finding humor in about every tragic facet of life.

Someone falls and breaks an arm? hahaha pwned. In a movie a woman is savagely beaten? pwned! hahaha. You've never seen this, en-mass, in any previous generations. It's a lack of moral fiber, and zero moral guidance. Anything parents might try to instill in children is negated the moment they step out of the house to there social circle.

Like i said, the current generation (25 and under) are the "we don't give a F" generation. Everything and anything is funny to them. If they saw you in a car accident in rl they would go "woa...damn that **** was wicked!", and you expect them to be any different in a videogame? Where theres even less real world control?

I'm part of this generation. I'm a psychology major currently and peoples behaviors and personalities has always fascinated me. Even the current one won't really last. The pendulum of societies morals swings in extremes. A few generations will be extremely conservative (see 1920 to 1950), then a few will be extremely liberal (see 1960-present). Usualy society tends to get more conservative after a war they win, and liberan after a war they lost. America's spiral to liberalism was perfectly placed with it's defeat in vietnam. Unpopular wars bread dissent, and dissent breeds liberalism. As opposed to world war II which was a "we rise against the evil that threatens the world and our children!". It's all a carefully placed product.

North-america is only going to get more liberal with it's views as time goes on. The iraq war is not a popular war and is breeding even more dissent. More dissent means more liberal attitudes of "i dont give a fuc!" and so on. Now dont get me wrong, liberal attitudes don't equate bad attitudes. But they do equate a more tolerant attitude towards behaviors that would outright be condemened, and punished, in conservative attitudes. Frankly i'm not either, i'm in the middle. Somethings i'm liberal on (marijuana), some things i'm conservative on (crime).

So what did i say with this wall-o-text? Basically, you cant expect someone of a different generation to act like you would. The main reason you need to grow old and die is because if you lived forever, you'd never addapt or understand a few generations removed from you, thus you wouldnt be able to fit into there world. You'd never understand the mentality, nor would it be yours, and you'd be useless to them. So don't try and understand this generation. They do what they do, say what they say, and you should take a page out of there book and just say "I dont give a damn" to what they do and move on. It's a game after all. We cant even fix societal behavior and you want to fix in-game behavior? Pick your battles, time and place b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turonga
    turonga Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The to skinny part...not true...you'll rarely ever get made fun of cause your lighter than the other kids so its more so on the...you knows(I hate saying the word cause its just so mean and I my self have felt hurt before NOT for being you know though).

I find your own thread pretty mean in some parts, and some stereotype uses in it. To clear things up I've already learned from someone and the internet, that you know people do not have the urge to eat and eat and eat whenever they want. Their not gifted with average or powerful metabolism like you, as a result it would be very difficult to try to keep that weight off because for all we know at the start they could have always eaten the same amount as yourself but didn't have the metabolism to keep weight in a safe zone.

The amount of how mean you are counts on what you choose to do not what type of weight you are. Actually...many normal weighted people choose to take that opportunity to bring down and crush those who "Aren't the same."
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    xtrm9 wrote: »
    ZOMG!! U ARE A CAREBEAR

This is a response that many kind and caring people get these days is many games. Let it make it very clear to you all that the more human u are , the more kind and caring you will be. The more balanced your life, the more compassionate you will be.

As in most of the cases the ones who are making fun of the caring people are usually kids who everybody makes fun of at school. Now they are unable to stand up for themselves in most cases maybe they are too fat or too skinny etc etc. So they come online , start acting like they are some gangsters and spread this hate in the game because they are so filled with hate that they radiate it everywhere they go. So if someone is acting in a caring way they will make fun of them and in a way discourage that person from acting in a caring way the next time. They are not allowing others to give what they themselves have been denied in real life, kindness.

Now you will say this a game who cares ? Well let me tell you real people with real emotions play this game and if you do your best to upset them with your hate filled actions then maybe some of them will get upset.http://www.truthscape.com/html/ts_TheTruthScapeSoapboxIssue1WordsCanKill.htm

My advice to you will be do not discourage people who do acts to caring and kindness. If possible do them yourself. Acting like a gangster online will not make you a better person in real life.

You can continue to blame others for your actions or you can take control of the way you behave. Let me tell you that hate is such a thing that it will eat you up from inside. If you have a problem in real life then simply take action to solve it in real life instead of just filling the world with hate.

Every thing you do in your life is a choice. Fat people can do daily brisk walking for 1 hour and control their eating habits , food does not accidentally enters your mouth. Skinny kids can build up strength. If you feel no one loves you then you can start by giving out love to others and i can assure you love will love back to you. If You had a painful past you can always remember that the past is over and that you can shape your future by the choices u make in the present moment. If you are in any abusive relationship then you can stand up for yourself and find better alternatives.

You will always have a choice in life. I hope you start to make choices that make you a better person.
    Even when no one else is watching , you still are.

What server are you in ? I want to add you to my friends list.

The only diffrence in my oppion then your's is that these people dont know any better.Just like when they put jesus on the cross after he healed many of them and performed many acts of kindness they still put him on the cross/allowed it.

People as a whole dont know any better.they really dont know if thier good or evil till something happenes where their forced to commit to being good or evil.

This is my oppion ,thier are good kind hearted people in the world about a handfull of them as quoted in the bible then thier's 3 billion other's who's will's will be swayed to evil.We are making are wills right now, who we are and what we will be and who's side were gonna be on.

These people dont know thier serving the side of evil, sure it's just a game for them they donot relise thier actions effect other's untill like you pointed out someone of a weaker will goes and kills themselves because of other's actions.
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    This is not an extension of real life.... this is a game, to be played in your spare time.

Being evil in a game is in NO WAY an indication of what a person acts like in real life, it may simply be a dynamic of the character they are trying to establish.... haven't you ever wanted to be the bad guy????

Also if you put too much emotional stock into what someone says or does to you in a game... not only are you a Carebare.... you're also an EMO, if one's feelings are so fragile, perhaps they should not be playing at all, perhaps they should seek emotional counseling.

All we need is some nut going off the deep end and going on a killing spree over what someone said to him in a game....... LOL!!!!

Friends don't let EMO friends play online games!!!!b:laugh

Every adult reading this post can tell just by your oppions your one of those people who dont know who you are.or what side your on
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Well he is trying to justify being a carebear by relating it to human nature. But a gaming environment is not real life, and its proven people do not do the same ingame as they do in RL. People with no RL leadership take up GM positions ingame, people who are friendly and helpful go and act like 10 year old jerks, and people who would never harm a fly start PKing like crazy.

If you go play counter strike or something, does everyone just stand there chatting? No. They kill because thats the purpose of the game. MMORPG's arent designed purely for killing but it is a feature, and when you add guilds, drama and rankings to the mix it gives players an incentive to PK.

Your logic is flawed.You have a choice in this game to play nicely mannerd or to play like someone who really dosent care.

Cs does not provide the atmosphere for any wrong doings oh wait fb bombing your team at beginning of map tends to make me think your a child who dosent care or an adult who never really grew up in the head.

Yes thier have been studies on how people act online and in real life and this is where your knowledge is flawed.People do act the same way they do irl as they would in game.They may hide it better irl cos well thier not moron's but given the opurtunity to commit a bad act and get away with it, they would not hesitate.