Sword or Fist? Which is the better at PvP?

Comments

• g972
    g972 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    senovit wrote: »
    I have a need to start drama. I posted here cause I didn't want to start the argument in the sticky when Lyndora would have just referred me to this topic for all her arguments on why fist bm's suck. Lyndora's BM guide says to put the fist user in heavy armor, and says "if you want to put a fist BM in light armor, you may as well just make an archer."

If you use an accuracy pill, what's to stop the fist bm from using a half damage pill or even an invuln pill? Or are you seriously going to say "ok, this duel will be equal and both of us will only be allowed to use accuracy pills cause I know you'll hit me anyway."

Fist users aren't anti caster, they are anti melee. Casters can run, meaning you'll only be able to hit whenever you can actually catch up. What that means is spike damage is necessary. Now then. I'm not saying fist users are the ultimate in pk'ing, simply that it'll be extremely difficult for melee users to touch them. If you pill, they pill. When pills wear off and cooldowns are up, what do you do then? =|. Fists get higher evasion than archers even with lower dex, if you'd like a comparison.

Flawed arguments such as "Spamming skills is how you win pk," "accuracy pills are the only pills allowed in combat" and "Fists have low survivability" don't do anything but display your own ignorance on the class. Please review your own basic beliefs before you accuse others of being unable to "grasp basic concepts."

Still can't read or grasp basic concepts apparently. I'll say it again. PvP IS SPIKE DAMAGE. Use all the pills you want. I can go AFK sleeping and you still won't kill me until my heiro runs out because you can't spike for ****. At high levels you wouldn't even be able to kill an AFK MG before heiro ticks again.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have a need to start drama. I posted here cause I didn't want to start the argument in the sticky when Lyndora would have just referred me to this topic for all her arguments on why fist bm's suck. Lyndora's BM guide says to put the fist user in heavy armor, and says "if you want to put a fist BM in light armor, you may as well just make an archer."

If you use an accuracy pill, what's to stop the fist bm from using a half damage pill or even an invuln pill? Or are you seriously going to say "ok, this duel will be equal and both of us will only be allowed to use accuracy pills cause I know you'll hit me anyway."

Fist users aren't anti caster, they are anti melee. Casters can run, meaning you'll only be able to hit whenever you can actually catch up. What that means is spike damage is necessary. Now then. I'm not saying fist users are the ultimate in pk'ing, simply that it'll be extremely difficult for melee users to touch them. If you pill, they pill. When pills wear off and cooldowns are up, what do you do then? =|. Fists get higher evasion than archers even with lower dex, if you'd like a comparison.

Flawed arguments such as "Spamming skills is how you win pk," "accuracy pills are the only pills allowed in combat" and "Fists have low survivability" don't do anything but display your own ignorance on the class. Please review your own basic beliefs before you accuse others of being unable to "grasp basic concepts."

During PK, anything goes, so both users are able to use potions/pills to win. But Fist are a really bad weapon to PK since they deal way too low damage to prevent the charm from ticking again, or even just a simply potion cooldown.

Any other class (assuming the Fist BM made a surprise attack) are able to pot/hiero run away to take distance and then kill the Fist BM, because, once again, they don't deal enough damage to be any good.

During a "fair" fight, which is self buffed and without potions/charms. Other weapons such as Sword/Polearm do not really find it difficult to hit Fist BM since the difference between Accuracy and Evasion won't be that much, unless the Fist BM goes with Light Armor, which means worse damage and worse defense. That ends up in a faster kill for the other BM.

Fist BM do not deals enough damage to keep the other BM from healing to full HP every 30 seconds.

Axes might find it a little harder to hit, but using +% Accuracy rings the problem is solved, and dealing a damage that is way higher (and even more with Berserker on), the Fist BM will go down pretty quick.

Now, this is at low levels, let me explain you how high level PK/PvP works.

The higher level you're, the more defense/HP/damage other classes have, and with charms having 5 seconds cooldown, the only way to take them down is with high spike damage.

Swords have the strongest first hit ultimate skill out of all the weapons and reduces the Attack from the opponent by half.

Polearm has the second strongest and reduces the enemies defense by half, making it easier to bring it down during the next 5 seconds.

Axe has an ultimate that will amplify the damage of the next 6 seconds by 100%, the most suited to do the job.

That's why they are called ultimate skills, because they are used to kill your oponent before the hiero ticks again and bring them down in 1~2 hits.

It's all about if you can 1~3 hit your opponent in 5 seconds, which Fist can't do.

"Fists are meant to fight meele classes", while it's true, thar they were meant to fight meele classes, they are not even close to being the best to bring them down.

Meele class means high defense, high physical damage and high HP. You need high spike damage from skills to go through the defense and bring them down before they kill you, making any other weapon more suited to do so.

Heavy Armor is a must to fight Meele classes, and if you go Light Armor you will only nerf yourself, the higher critical/evasion is not worth it to the loss of defense you will have. They will be able to kill you VERY fast, while your damage (which even with Heavy Armor is low) will be just lower.

For using Light Armor and Evasion, an Archer is way better for that, since they do get damage from DEX, while a Fist BM doesn't.

It's really easy to understand all this.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    @g972: Thanks for backing off the pill question. It annoyed me how you seemed to think warriors will only be able to use accuracy pills, which would help an axe/spear bm kill a fist one.

@Lyndura: You want to explain to me how high level pk works? Level up a bit before you do. I rofl'd when you said you would explain it to me then went on about level 59 skills.

I'll admit that fist users blow in lower levels, since people can grab lingyuns, but once you hit higher levels your evasion will eventually far outpace their accuracy.

You speak of berserk as an axe ability... did you realize that ALL hh90 gold warrior weapons have berserk on them? And more hits on the fists part means more chance to activate it... meaning berserker spam of double damage, coupled with a high crit rate.

"For using Light Armor and Evasion, an Archer is way better for that, since they do get
    damage from DEX, while a Fist BM doesn't." I lol'd.

You talk about ultimates but don't even mention the fist one? Changes 80% equipment attack to fire, which will hurt heavy armors a LOT, paired with the attack speed they have. Oh wait. They can just eat a m.def pill. You were right. Fist BM's suck. I would however like to correct one thing... the sword weapon is not necessarily the strongest hitting one... it just has the highest weapon modifier. If you want to pretend that it's the strongest just because of that, just look at one of the isc skills given to fists. 260% weapon modifier.

"Fist BM do not deals enough damage to keep the other BM from healing to full HP every 30 seconds."
    "The higher level you're, the more defense/HP/damage other classes have, and with charms having 5 seconds cooldown, the only way to take them down is with high spike damage."
    You should also edit your post again to change hiero popping from 30 seconds / 5 seconds to 10. I'm sure you already knew this was the correct value as you are quite knowledgeable, so I'll excuse it as a typo. The keys are so close together after all.

One last thing... it really isn't easy to understand game mechanics. No one really knows how formulas are calculated, what kind of damage one class will deal to another (beyond the very basics, like.. magic hits hard on heavy armor), and what sort of classes will beat each other in pk. As the formulas are not publicly available, we cannot determine exactly who will win in whatever situation. To profess that it's easy to understand every aspect of a class is nothing but the height of arrogance. My opinion is based solely off what I've been told by a fist user who has leveled from 1-91 as nothing BUT a fist user. He had it easy in pk in the newbie levels, but around the time when people began getting lingyun rings he ran into a spot of trouble, which you describe fairly accurately. Evasion not high enough, damage not high enough, defence not high enough. He switched to heavy armor for leveling / random ganks up until level 90, before he switched back to light armor. He can't be killed by a melee class, even against a person that had dual ling yuns. The problem? Killing of course. However, as I stated above... "Now then. I'm not saying fist users are godlike in pk'ing, simply that it'll be extremely difficult for melee users to touch them."

Like an archer but with higher evasion and hp, the only downfall to the fist user is damage. But hey. A warrior's role in PvP was NEVER damage dealing to begin with. It's simply to stun, and robe kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KLAYTEN - Lost City
    KLAYTEN - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    okay okay umm how do u start new threads please tell meb:sad
    also go wit sword
    blog.chinoyray.com/.../2008/08/clip-image004.gif
  • g972
    edited January 2009
    No matter what type of pill a fist user takes, it won't help. I didn't think that only axe/spear/sword can use accuracy pill. There is nothing a fist can take to help them kill faster, which is why they suck. They can't eat through heiro. 30 second = sutra cooldown. You won't be able to come close to beating sutra + heiro. While you are using normal attack that do **** damage, other BM will be spamming high damage skills. Ultimate that adds fire damage...based on weapon damage...rofl. It lasts 15 seconds and has a 30s cooldown. Your weapon damage is ****. A % of **** is still ****. Normal attacks do **** damage and won't be enough to eat through heiro + sutra.

Yeah...high level PvP involves the ultimates. What else is there?? Smack at 79 that has 40s cooldown?? lol. It IS easy to understand this. You seem to think evasion scales huge later on?? lol you playing on PvE server against people with PvE build?? For PvP BM will pump DEX after they have enough Str (and con based on gear). the difference is so small. Axe users (have least dex) have no problem hitting ARCHERS with just 1 ring at high levels. Fist BM is nothing. Even EA will say evasion is meaningless at high level PvP. You say your whole argument is "...simply that it'll be extremely difficult for melee users to touch them." Well discussion over then, because your only point is wrong. Like I said, I can go AFK sleeping and your fist BM will still not eat through my heiro.
  • senovit
    edited January 2009
    Evasion doesn't scale. It just outpaces other classes' accuracy. That's why pk'ing at the levels around the time when people have ling yun rings are difficult, and why after awhile your evasion will again outpace them.

I never said that the level 79 skill was uber. Simply using that in the event that Lyndora tries to say sword ulti hits the hardest because it has a 200% equip modifier. Fist damage is only **** because it's physical on a heavy armor. Changing the majority of it to elemental will damage them heavily. But honestly, who cares. If you want to complain that Fist BM's will never kill another BM, I'll just say that a sword BM will never kill an axe one, an axe one will never kill a spear one, blah blah blah. Heavy armor melee fights with hieros are stupid. The only difference is that fists evade rather than take the damage, and you're still not going to break past their hiero unless you get lucky. Or use a pill and hope they don't use a reduce damage one. =/

"Well discussion over then, because your only point is wrong. Like I said, I can go AFK sleeping and your fist BM will still not eat through my heiro."

You're right. That point clearly proves mine wrong. After all, if a fist BM can't break through a hiero, obviously the target must be able to melee him with no problems.

Also... I play the MY version. There are no pve servers. :v
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • g972
    edited January 2009
    g972 wrote: »
    For PvP BM will pump DEX after they have enough Str (and con based on gear). the difference is so small. Axe users (have least dex) have no problem hitting ARCHERS with just 1 ring at high levels. Fist BM is nothing. Even EA will say evasion is meaningless at high level PvP. You say your whole argument is "...simply that it'll be extremely difficult for melee users to touch them." Well discussion over then, because your only point is wrong.

Can you read?? Because you clearly aren't reading my post. I quoted it for you. If Axe has no problem hitting EA with 1 ring, then Axe, Spear, and Sword will have no problem hitting fist BM. Meanwhile, fist BM will never break another BM's heiro.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    @Lyndura: You want to explain to me how high level pk works? Level up a bit before you do. I rofl'd when you said you would explain it to me then went on about level 59 skills.

I'll admit that fist users blow in lower levels, since people can grab lingyuns, but once you hit higher levels your evasion will eventually far outpace their accuracy.

If you are higher level than me, then you must know that a common build for PvP is low base VIT and a lot of DEX, because of the huge HP HH90-99 Armors give, with refinement and HP Shards.

1 DEX = 10 Accuracy, 10 Evasion.

As much or close to the same DEX as Fist user, and evasion is still not a problem.
    You speak of berserk as an axe ability... did you realize that ALL hh90 gold warrior weapons have berserk on them? And more hits on the fists part means more chance to activate it... meaning berserker spam of double damage, coupled with a high crit rate.

Of course I know all the HH90 Gold weapons have berserker.

But even then, who would WASTE gold materials getting Fists when you could just get any other weapons and would be way better than them. And they are very difficult weapons to get, which could be only with the help of your guild...and any other weapon takes priority over Fists, specially GX.

Even with Berserker, you will never be able to compare the damage between Fists and any other weapon, the damage is still LOW.

"For using Light Armor and Evasion, an Archer is way better for that, since they do get damage from DEX, while a Fist BM doesn't." I lol'd.

I lol'd more.
    You talk about ultimates but don't even mention the fist one? Changes 80% equipment attack to fire, which will hurt heavy armors a LOT, paired with the attack speed they have. Oh wait. They can just eat a m.def pill. You were right. Fist BM's suck. I would however like to correct one thing... the sword weapon is not necessarily the strongest hitting one... it just has the highest weapon modifier. If you want to pretend that it's the strongest just because of that, just look at one of the isc skills given to fists. 260% weapon modifier.

I didn't mention it, because Fist ultimate doesn't gives anything to be considered an "ultimate", to finish the opponent in 1-2 hits.

A Fist BM of my level hits me for 85's after using their ultimate, yeah, I can see how that is "a LOT". And they still miss.

Any other class will just run/stun/sleep/seal/debuff/kill/leap the Fist BM while the effect goes off, even using that, Fist BM do not deals enough damage to finish their opponent in less than 5 seconds.
    "Fist BM do not deals enough damage to keep the other BM from healing to full HP every 30 seconds."
    "The higher level you're, the more defense/HP/damage other classes have, and with charms having 5 seconds cooldown, the only way to take them down is with high spike damage."
    You should also edit your post again to change hiero popping from 30 seconds / 5 seconds to 10. I'm sure you already knew this was the correct value as you are quite knowledgeable, so I'll excuse it as a typo. The keys are so close together after all.

I'll give you the key words, so it's easy for you to understand: "BM (Blademaster" and "30 seconds".

Diamond Sutra has 30 seconds cooldown, it's an skill of Blademaster class that will heal 20% of the maximum HP + a number.

That is considering no charm, which means that still the Fist BM is not able to take down another BM while using Diamond Sutra.

One last thing... it really isn't easy to understand game mechanics. No one really knows how formulas are calculated, what kind of damage one class will deal to another (beyond the very basics, like.. magic hits hard on heavy armor), and what sort of classes will beat each other in pk. As the formulas are not publicly available, we cannot determine exactly who will win in whatever situation.

Yes it's: tests, experience, playing the game. And of course, formulas that people have got while testing and are pretty close or exactly the same real numbers in game.

My opinion is based solely off what I've been told by a fist user who has leveled from 1-91 as nothing BUT a fist user.

So you don't even have experience using a Fist BM? And it comes from just ONE guy?

It's the same as if I tell you that Bow BM is the best class past level 90.
    Like an archer but with higher evasion and hp, the only downfall to the fist user is damage. But hey. A warrior's role in PvP was NEVER damage dealing to begin with. It's simply to stun, and robe kill

A BM role in TW it's stunning, of course.

Robe kill? any other weapon than Fist can do the job way better, and you would have access to a way faster leveling.

Anyways, other weapons are able to take down other meele classes, while Fist doesn't.

Do you see now why Fists keep sucking even after being played/tested/used in many versions of PW?

I really suggest you to make a character here in PWI, Lost City Server, and try out the Fist build.

You will find it's different from PW-MY, and you will find your answer about why Fist BM is the worst.

Get actual experience on our server, against the builds that are being used for PvP. Test with other Blademasters.

Once you have all the information and knowledge gathered, you can come back and give real statements being a high level Fist BM, and keep going with this discussion. Otherwise, you don't know what you're talking about.
  • senovit
    edited January 2009
    I hope you don't actually know a bow bm that likes his build. And yes. Only one guy. However, unlike you, he has had actual experience playing his class up to decent levels.

You corrected yourself on the diamond sutra, but where did the "hieros pop every 5 second" thing go? Or are you still clinging to that :? Maybe this is where the problem is. Hieros pop every TEN seconds. That's twice as long :>

I'm also hesitant to believe a warrior could spam Diamond Sutra AND use his 59 aoe to "kill anyone in 5 seconds."

And yes. A warrior's job in TW is stunning. I was hesitant to say it since I thought you'd argue the point, but this is lovely. Many TW oriented warriors even restat to min str for armor, wield a low level weapon and pump the rest to VIT to focus purely on survival and stunning. So the argument against fist warriors that "they can't kill anything" would apply against them too wouldn't it? But again... if a BM's role is only to stun, all they need to do is maximize survivability. Whether they choose to do this through high dodge + decent m.def or high p.def + high hp is up to them.

You don't have a high level fist bm either. This is merely theory talk between two people who have nothing better to do.

How is experience on Lost City any different from experience on another version of PW? We have the same updates, the same equipment, the same patches. The only difference is Lost City has lower levels since it's a younger server. I thought we were discussing "high level" pvp?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    I hope you don't actually know a bow bm that likes his build. And yes. Only one guy. However, unlike you, he has had actual experience playing his class up to decent levels.

You don't know that, it's assuming.
    I'm also hesitant to believe a warrior could spam Diamond Sutra AND use his 59 aoe to "kill anyone in 5 seconds."

Ok, "kill anyone in 5 seconds" is one thing.

And "spam" Diamond Sutra every 30 seconds is another thing, which is not really necessary against a Fist BM, it was an example to tell you how low the damage is.

Also, 3 sparks FTW?
    And yes. A warrior's job in TW is stunning. I was hesitant to say it since I thought you'd argue the point, but this is lovely. Many TW oriented warriors even restat to min str for armor, wield a low level weapon and pump the rest to VIT to focus purely on survival and stunning. So the argument against fist warriors that "they can't kill anything" would apply against them too wouldn't it? But again... if a BM's role is only to stun, all they need to do is maximize survivability. Whether they choose to do this through high dodge + decent m.def or high p.def + high hp is up to them.

Of course, that is only at TW and by own choice.

But even at TW other weapon BM's are able to kill, while Fist is not. And we are talking about the performance of every weapon 1vs1, group PvP (meant to kill not stun) and PvE.
    You don't have a high level fist bm either. This is merely theory talk between two people who have nothing better to do.

Once more, you're assuming. Mine is not theory, this is what is happening in the real game, why don't you come play it too?

How is experience on Lost City any different from experience on another version of PW? We have the same updates, the same equipment, the same patches. The only difference is Lost City has lower levels since it's a younger server. I thought we were discussing "high level" pvp?

The same game, different community.

You will find it out if you actually go in and play the game.

As I said, make a Fist BM in Lost City server, get to a decent~high level, then come and discuss with real experience.

I'll just kill the left Fist BM's around my level trying to prove me wrong...wich, there're not really many left, since a lot have changed to other weapon.
  • senovit
    edited January 2009
    Oh hello level 74 that kills fist bm's around his level. High level pvp indeed.

Last time I checked, I wasn't aware that a different community could change how classes pvp? Oh wait, this one has you. My mistake.

And sorry if my assumption is wrong. I guess you have had a decent level fist blade master, and decided to reroll to whatever type of blademaster you happen to be playing as now rather than restatting. I'll back off on the subject now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Oh hello level 74 that kills fist bm's around his level. High level pvp indeed.

Last time I checked, I wasn't aware that a different community could change how classes pvp? Oh wait, this one has you. My mistake.

And sorry if my assumption is wrong. I guess you have had a decent level fist blade master, and decided to reroll to whatever type of blademaster you happen to be playing as now rather than restatting. I'll back off on the subject now.

You ran out of real statements to "prove" that Fist BM doesn't "sucks", and you had to end using "flames"?

In the end, the topic ended up being the same.

Anyone else has something else to say? Otherwise this topic will be buried again, where it belongs to.
  • senovit
    edited January 2009
    Yeah. You're basically out too, unless my assumption was wrong again. I don't see any reason why you'd hold back in your posts, but if you have anything else to say, please feel free to.

After all, you had your statements, I had mine, you called me out successfully on not having an actual fist warrior and for whatever reason not being on the same server as you, I called you out on being low level, which you haven't disputed... nothing left I guess. Let's wrap it up then, you can have the last word.

And if you felt this topic needed to be buried.. why'd you post it up as somewhere people could go to debate the virtues of a fist warrior?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Yeah. You're basically out too, unless my assumption was wrong again. I don't see any reason why you'd hold back in your posts, but if you have anything else to say, please feel free to.

After all, you had your statements, I had mine, you called me out successfully on not having an actual fist warrior and for whatever reason not being on the same server as you, I called you out on being low level, which you haven't disputed... nothing left I guess. Let's wrap it up then, you can have the last word.

And if you felt this topic needed to be buried.. why'd you post it up as somewhere people could go to debate the virtues of a fist warrior?

You don't know if I have played another PW version or not, you don't know to what level I got in that other version. You're just assuming.

It's irrelevant to know that anyways, we are not playing that other version. This is PWI, and I do have a character to defend myself in here, my level 75 Blademaster, while you have none.

Why am I going to deny it? It's on my avatar.

And I feel this topic is good being buried, because there is nothing else to talk about. Fist BM are the worst weapon, and no one has been able to prove it wrong.
  • senovit
    edited January 2009
    I'm not assuming you don't have any high level characters. I simply said you haven't disputed it.

Fist BM's suck. End of topic :v
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    I'm not assuming you don't have any high level characters. I simply said you haven't disputed it.

Fist BM's suck. End of topic :v

I thought I would have the last word? :(

End of topic.
  • senovit
    edited January 2009
    I did, by agreeing with you. But can't I have the last post? :<

/topic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thelron - Lost City
    Thelron - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If the purpose of BMs is to stun, what do Polearms do? Axes are by far the best at stun, but alot of people dont play them that way. Why?
  • Kisho_Seiko - Heavens Tear
    Kisho_Seiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    because they get confused by the AoE Damage, as opposed to the numerous stuns.

Damage is secondary to stun.
  • Wanyudo - Lost City
    Wanyudo - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Everyone has the same DEX as you late level (just that higher damage)...got it?

b:sinb:victory
  • clair
    clair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i can't say i've played end game, but i dont see why people keep pitting fist vs other bm builds. fist is recommended to use light armor imo, so hit by physical damage, its going to have a handicap against other heavy armor BMs. the light armor, on the other hand, gives it better survivability against light armor/robe wearers. as a fist BM i can take any class my level that doesnt wear heavy armor due to the low damage. in a duel however, I've found that i can take ANYONE within 3 levels of me though. its all on how you play, and what you want to do. because ive pumped in vit, too, other BMs cant kill me before my hiero ticks anyway b:chuckle
  • forsakenjk4
    forsakenjk4 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i just started playing PW today, although i have experience in other mmorpgs
    and after reading this thread i think u guys r forgetting something
    any well made mmorpg will have balanced classes, of course some r better at something than others, but they also lose in something

what i think is that, fists will have a hard time killing heavy armored oponents, but then again robe users will get eaten, do to the higher mdef from light, and the lowest pdef from robes, the atk speed from fists wont have any def to block thei atk power so it will deal heavy dmg to casters (and other light armor users) while getting less dmg from magic. and theres also the gvg (or any other group battles) where heavy armor holds front line, archers and casters punch the front liners to a pulp from afar, and fists rush in kamikazy style to kill healers and casters, thats their job, they r not supposed to be in 1v1 fights, thats just suicidal, they just need higher pdef than robes to cross the front lines.

in conclusion, there is no point to compair heavy armor sword/axe/pole users to ligh armored fists for face to face fight its just not what fist r made for
    but this is only my opinion as the most noobish pw player (at this post time) there is no reason u cant keep brainstroming for a way to get fists to be better that heavy armor users

as an offtopic slipoff: FISTS ROCK, COOL SKILLS, COOL LOOKING, AND...COOL
  • Bitisu - Lost City
    Bitisu - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i agree
    i use a axe bm lvl 47
    my bf is a female fist ^^
    she same lvl as me
    when we duel i win 2/3times but i only win cause i got high lvl stuns
    (i focused on them) i would lose if i didnt stun cause i stun and then do as many skills as i can
    but fist is very good
    agaisnt mage cause of light amror and magic canceling moves
  • Shezmu - Lost City
    Shezmu - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I Fists get higher evasion than archers even with lower dex, if you'd like a comparison.
    "

Lol and how you manage that lol Archers have evasion buff not to mention they would 30~40% more dex
  • Shezmu - Lost City
    Shezmu - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2009

what i think is that, fists will have a hard time killing heavy armored oponents, but then again robe users will get eaten, do to the higher mdef from light, and the lowest pdef from robes, the atk speed from fists wont have any def to block thei atk power so it will deal heavy dmg to casters (and other light armor users) while getting less dmg from magic. and theres also the gvg (or any other group battles) where heavy armor holds front line, archers and casters punch the front liners to a pulp from afar, and fists rush in kamikazy style to kill healers and casters, thats their job, they r not supposed to be in 1v1 fights, thats just suicidal, they just need higher pdef than robes to cross the front lines.

, AND...COOL

while that is true, i don't think the gain in mdef by using Light helps much against wizards their dmg is insane and if you are light wouldn't you fall prey to a healer... i dunno if you played the game but healers have some nasty attacks in this game.. one being an attack that does phys dmg equel to magic dmg n since their magic atribute is as high as it possibly can Fist BM might even be 1 hit kill (from range) not to mention sleep skill
  • LibertyGear - Lost City
    LibertyGear - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    thats true shezmu
    but u forget that, i was talking about a team fight, and there will be lots of targets and even if the healers focus on the fists with light, all it needs is tiger leap, bolt of tyreseus, and vacous palm(at the right time) to prevent casting, also fist regain chi faster, so a demon roar of pride is very usefull to further prevent casting, demon stream strike for a lucky heal, demon cyclone heel for boosted atk speed, together with deamon diamond sutra, also demon shadowless kick to prevent ur target from running away at the same time it slows any melee backup thats nearby.

im still studying the fist build im going to use and the tactics, but in the end even if u get killed, if u got a pro team, they may have already killed someone else just because u were keeping the healer busy.
    anyway in still pretty noob at this game so i might be a little off in my teory, also im based in my study of the skill from this site http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php and i dont know how accurate it is so i may be wrong :P, and remenber this teory of mine is only for team battles, and i still didnt studied the buffs one may have so it still has some work to be done, and last but not the least, battles will always be won by the most skilled(and lucky) noobs (like me :P, still need training) cause although some skills rely on change other r only usefull when used at the right time, being other wise useless

also im not sure about that 1 hit thing shezmu, has fist have already low atk im not thinking in capping vit anywhere below 120 but thats still needs study :)

P.S. im forsakenjk4 (for those who didnt noticed) just different avatar, and has u can see i dont like making small post XD
  • Tazuki - Lost City
    Tazuki - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Im going to create first rogue blade BM b:laugh just 5 more level and ill restat to pure dex and str for only sword requirement without vit and mag, and reason im choosin lvl90 is becuz sword BMs get berserk sword at lv90 (HH90 gold blade) which allows them to deal higher dmg and since we have high dex = high crit rate imagine berserk+crit its like x4 times ur normal atk b:dirty
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Lol and how you manage that lol Archers have evasion buff not to mention they would 30~40% more dex

If you add the buff then of course archer would have higher dex. Keep in mind however that bm get more dodge per dex than archer. Therefore a light armor fist bm can potentially have more dodge then a archer.
  • cupidarrow
    cupidarrow Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well i'm duel swrd n fist BM b:victory
  • Airbornsting - Sanctuary
    Airbornsting - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    sword or fist both rock at end gae thats all that matter for me

lv 70 barb hit me 1 out of 5 time with out blood bath
    also both gain spark fast
This discussion has been closed.