Are you happy with the expansion?

Comments

• Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
    Blakiepoo - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have a feeling a lot of people will be dropping out of the game far before Lv 70. If this is the best we can expect of big changes, it's best to cut our losses now.
  • Antago - Lost City
    Antago - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm slightly disappointed.
    The only mount I care for in this game is the Netherdepth Wolf, it was featured in the expansion trailer; now it's still not here.

As for the 70+ content, I can't comment on that yet. Though if it looks anything like the trailer promises, it's definitely something to look forward to.
    I still want my wolf though ._.
  • Erinis - Heavens Tear
    Erinis - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    shunny wrote: »
    Some1 has issues downloading patchs of PWI Expansion?
    I got 5 errors atm and still downloading.
    for me automatic patching forked only once and it took half day to succesfully patch.
    If i can sugest rather download patch manualy and just execute it it will patch your client much faster.
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I don't think you can classify 38MB to be an expansion. WoW's bug-fixing patches are 10x the size of this so-called "expansion". It's pretty much the same as any other maintenance, except now there's a few more bosses in the world.

PLEASE dont start compairing this gme to world of warcraft

im sick of everyone being so ubsessed with that game, its not even all that great, and that wanna be minatour they have in it is just pathetic.

anyways

keep in ming wow besides being childish as can be, is also a pay to play game, and made by blizzard who have been around for a good long time and have a very large and dedicated team.

they are way ahead of pwi as a team , they have been doing it sense i was a child, and considering wow is **** anyways i think pwi has the upper hand :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ricecake - Heavens Tear
    Ricecake - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I cant say I am happy with the expansion only cuz I havent gotten to be a part of it cuz of my level but seeing new bosses in the world is always fun, and 1 day I will get to experience the expansion world thingys so yeah its cool and im glad they added it.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13490001&dateline=1268988639[/SIGPIC]

I used to be a cleric like you, then I took a Plume Shot to the knee.
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm 70+ and i personally found the Expansion to be a huge let down...

new skills ? where? just added some that weren't implemented
    new lands? nothing i can see on the map?
    wheres the new mounts from the Video??? Elk you gotta be joking??

I started the new quest they say you need 70+ more like 80+ 90+
    the mobs are all way above 70 they dropped in a few new super bosses (yay fun) need parties to defeat them all shoots you into HH and FB like 79 and 69
    sure that's all fine but 5 hours going from one boss to the next...still no new content really...

the weapons look nice in the mold makers but no idea how to make them yet or what they will cost.

Battle Pets that everyone knows will ruin the game got introduced expensive but many still waste money on them.

Personally a huge let down to me (the Lost Empire appears to be just lost) and many people are talking of leaving PWI too cash shop heavy game in my opinion...
  • haviik
    haviik Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Total let down..... the "new" archer skill has been in my tree since day one
    minus ridiculous veno pets all content is 70+
    just dumb Way to go PWI for one more anti-climactic hype fest to make more money
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    haviik wrote: »
    Total let down..... the "new" archer skill has been in my tree since day one
    minus ridiculous veno pets all content is 70+
    just dumb Way to go PWI for one more anti-climactic hype fest to make more money

It was impossible to get them "since day one". The GMs have made that very very clear. It's description and picture were just there, but they only just became achievable.

Jeez Louise, do you guys actually try to LOOK at the expansion or do you just not see a message saying "Archers now has super bow that lets you attack people 5,000 metres away from you and critical 50%" then cry and whine and cry some more >.>
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Aidan_Kydd - Heavens Tear
    Aidan_Kydd - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Im not too thrilled by it. Yeah, there's new content such as land and skills and whatnot, but to make it limited to 70+ players kind of makes it as if only a select few are worthy of using it.

Im sure once the younger level players, like myself, reach that point, we'll all be a bit happier to benefit from it.

However, an expansion should be beneficial to everyone. Not just a select few. Why not add new lvl 20 armor, or skills available at say, level 30?

I'm a bit confident though that over time, we'll see more and more additions to the game which can benefit everyone, so I'm holding on for a while until I completely bash this concept.

I've only been playing PW for about 2 months, so I can't really complain myself. But I was hoping for a lot of differences at the time of log in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    what expansion?

Expainsion = new area/races, we didnt get any of that.

We got battle pets that cost a fortune and a quest, seems like a regular patch to me.
  • Astaldo - Lost City
    Astaldo - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I will agree with smexxyfox 100%....

One skill per class?As i know in expansion you get many thing for all lvl....
    Not only for 70+....

I saw only some pets like hercules and phoenix for venomancers that cost a fortune instead....

Nop i dont like it....
  • dynadin
    dynadin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    They have gone the same way as most F2P games ... catered for the higher levels. But as many have said ... this isn't an expansion. For a game that is over 2gb in size how can 38mb be counted as such? It is a patch and a let down.

I admit I am not over level 70, but even those who are have said its pointless. I think the main problem is originally they never said it was mostly for 70+ so people go their hopes up ... like me. I was even hoping these new zones would be able to be TWed ... they have to be owned by someone, but seeing as only 70+ can see them I guess not.

Also the trailer was as good as false advertising, it showed things that we cannot get yet. As for new skills ... no there isn't. There is supposed to be 25 across the classes, that means that they just left 25 skills unimplemented.

If you look at the facts most of the 'new' stuff was already there ... just not activated. That means it is a patch, adapting what is already there. An expansion mean you add new things, and that does not include cash shop items.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Not really happy.

You need to ake a freaking long hard impossible quest to unlock the new area apparently.

Can't you just not add the new area and make it available without us having to do all this useless time-comsuming nonsense?

The majority of your player just want to access the new stuff, not having to play 100 more hours to access it.

And frankly, the genius who had the idea of putting high level mobs/boss into lower levels areas should be hanged by some parts of his body until they rot... At least makes them non agro...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    keep in ming wow besides being childish as can be, is also a pay to play game, and made by blizzard who have been around for a good long time and have a very large and dedicated team.

they are way ahead of pwi as a team , they have been doing it sense i was a child, and considering wow is **** anyways i think pwi has the upper hand :)

Learn your fact.

Beijing Perfect World Co, was fiounded under this name in 2004. But you can trace it's origins way back into the mid-90's...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Larkel - Heavens Tear
    Larkel - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It's great that they added new stuff for higher levels. I know when I get there it will be nice. I guess like many others I thought there would be something for everyone. Although veno's get battle pets for $100. I was hoping for new tames, some new quests for all levels, some rare new drops for the 40+ range, Hell anything.

When I read expansion, I get excited thinking LOTS of new things. So it was a let down for me. It's as if there wasn't expansion, lol. Besides getting some extra xp, which isn't even apart of it so. Eh. How can I really be happy, hahah. Though I'm not really complaining either. Because at least later on there will be.
  • rivendell
    rivendell Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    So far, it seems that this expansion will only benefit mainly ppl +70, Granted, you can see some things here and there, but, in this context, The question of this thread should have a 4th option.. something like....

Have you perceived the new expansion?

Maybe goodies for low lvl players would have been a nice addition as well. There.
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Not really happy.

You need to ake a freaking long hard impossible quest to unlock the new area apparently.

Can't you just not add the new area and make it available without us having to do all this useless time-comsuming nonsense?

The majority of your player just want to access the new stuff, not having to play 100 more hours to access it.

And frankly, the genius who had the idea of putting high level mobs/boss into lower levels areas should be hanged by some parts of his body until they rot... At least makes them non agro...

Just so you know, we finished the quest in a couple of hours. It was fun, something different than grinding and you get alot of exp by doing the chain of quests. Also, you will get a nice belt when you get into the new area.

All I see is the teaparty server complaining about everything. God, you already have it so easy, why make it even more easier? Oh wait... you are bored because you got no one to pk? Everyone running around is blue named b:laugh
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    rivendell wrote: »
    So far, it seems that this expansion will only benefit mainly ppl +70, Granted, you can see some things here and there, but, in this context, The question of this thread should have a 4th option.. something like....

Have you perceived the new expansion?

Maybe goodies for low lvl players would have been a nice addition as well. There.

What "goodies" ? You haven't even explored/experienced everything you can at the lower levels. Why are you complaining? Geez.
  • ~Kitsune~ - Lost City
    ~Kitsune~ - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hmm...I'll admit I was disappointed with the whole "lvl 70+ only area" when I was hoping to at the least be able to explore the new areas.

But none the less, it does give us something to work towards. I hate games where leveling is easy, and quests are accessible at any level blahblahblah...It bores me!

I want to see these new areas ^^ And go back in time.

17 levels to go til I hit 70! b:victoryb:laugh

Edit: ='( Why isn't my avatar showing?
  • Zeelonia - Sanctuary
    Zeelonia - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think a lot of people are disappointed because of one thing: unmet expectations.

In short:

1. There was a lot of hype about the Lost Empire expansion.
    2. People started building expectations of great new additions.
    3. It wasn't really clear to everyone that the majority of the content would be for 70+ players.
    4. People found out the level restriction the night before, or on the day that it was released.
    5. Previously high expectations + inability to access expansion content = mass disappointment.

In the end, I think that this is once more a matter of miscommunication between the devs and the general playing population. If people had known months before that this was a high level expansion, there might not have been this much of a negative response.

I agree with you in this totally .. because ever since I became a member
    I was looking forward to being here when the expansion came into play.
    My expectations were too high for what it turned out to be - still I am
    really happy for the game and for the efforts that is still put into keeping
    this game up - and even developing further on it :)

Unfortunately I am not level 70+ yet ... so I can not see anything
    different - this time - of course I can look forward to getting to
    level 70 :)

But actually I think I did come across a boss yesterday that I had
    never seen before right on the island beneath Heavens Tear - ugly
    one for sure (and very high levelled) !!

LOL .. I did not need him !!

So all in all - life goes on in PW as always - and next time something
    new is added ....... it is you and me that are the ones that benefit
    here and now on the change :)

Hugssss :)
  • Ennvi - Lost City
    Ennvi - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    dynadin wrote: »
    They have gone the same way as most F2P games ... catered for the higher levels. But as many have said ... this isn't an expansion. For a game that is over 2gb in size how can 38mb be counted as such? It is a patch and a let down.

I admit I am not over level 70, but even those who are have said its pointless. I think the main problem is originally they never said it was mostly for 70+ so people go their hopes up ... like me. I was even hoping these new zones would be able to be TWed ... they have to be owned by someone, but seeing as only 70+ can see them I guess not.

Also the trailer was as good as false advertising, it showed things that we cannot get yet. As for new skills ... no there isn't. There is supposed to be 25 across the classes, that means that they just left 25 skills unimplemented.

If you look at the facts most of the 'new' stuff was already there ... just not activated. That means it is a patch, adapting what is already there. An expansion mean you add new things, and that does not include cash shop items.
    i couldnt have said it much better myself.
    the only thing im REALLY dissapointed with more than anything else is the fact that lilke alot of "free to play" games they are only adding things that are of use if you PAY real money. and if they follow this pattern i can see in a few months time that people will start leaving because it becomes more than a pay to play game to play.
    i mean look at the new "pets" if you work out in dollers what it costs on average its almost or if not more than it is to pay for a subscription based game for over a year. and keep in maind that the pay to play games have better support and EXPANSIONS cater for all lvls not just the high lvls.
    look at "that top game"(not going to say it because of advertising) they added TBC and made it easier for lower lvls to lvls higher, while the high lvls had new stuff to do, and also added things that was for everyone, new crafts and mounts and so on. same with that new expansion they added.
    and now PWI is pushing a patch out as an expansion.
  • pizzle
    pizzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm not a high enough level yet for the cash shop to have any affect on me, but I think it's **** to have to pay for items.

As far as the expansion/patch. I'm glad they are catering to higher level characters. That is the number one thing that pissed me off about WoW, is that every single patch/expansion made the game easier, and catered more to the people that just picked up the game for the first time, and play a few hours a month.

I like having motivation to level up to see the rest of the game, rather than get handed all the best items and shown all the end zones without having any challenge/work.
  • Ennvi - Lost City
    Ennvi - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    pizzle wrote: »
    I'm not a high enough level yet for the cash shop to have any affect on me, but I think it's **** to have to pay for items.

As far as the expansion/patch. I'm glad they are catering to higher level characters. That is the number one thing that pissed me off about WoW, is that every single patch/expansion made the game easier, and catered more to the people that just picked up the game for the first time, and play a few hours a month.

I like having motivation to level up to see the rest of the game, rather than get handed all the best items and shown all the end zones without having any challenge/work.

its not really a challenge more just to grind and grind and a few quests at higher lvl.
    yes that other game made it easy for you to get high lvl but to do all the end game stuff you actually needed to work together and stuff.
    here well you just get cash items to help you survive pvp longer or not drop any items you have and some extra exp to grind a little less.
    still its not an expansion but unlocking some quest series and adding cash items its a patch nothing more.
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited December 2008
    They should add a cs item, alowing you to get the new quest befor lv 70. You could do it with a good party.
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Dvorak wrote: »
    REMINDER:
    This new expansion content and zone will not require any separate client download. Users have already been downloading small chunks of it through past downloads and tonight's patch will incorporate the final piece of this package. Keep in mind that access to 'The Lost Empire' will require characters to be at a minimum level of 70 in order to start the quest chain that allows entry to these new zones.

They've been doing this "expansion" over time. To be fair it is still a free expansion, and a game like WoW with a huge expansion would cost a fair chunk in addition to the required monthly payment.

Would I have liked more? Yes. Would I have enjoyed not being one shotted by one of the new ? level bosses? Yeah... but it was kind of funny in a sad way.
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I just waited for revolutionary changes. Any changes. Nothing.
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • ballsy
    ballsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    QQ
    There was no new lvl 20 armor
  • ~Kitsune~ - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Ok. I did post earlier but didn't really put much thought into it. I'm not pretending to know better or more than anyone here, but this is my opinion. Take it or leave it:

I have read what the majority have posted here, and for those of you who are complaining, you complain for nothing.

With all do respect, it seems those who complain have little to no experience with game/mmo companies that fall way below the standard.

I used to play this one game where the company did little to nothing to upgrade/fix/care for. They have around 7 games in total, one of which they abandoned even though people wrote, emailed, called, and ranted that they do more for it. It hadn't gotten an upgrade in several years.

It was like this for all of their games. I moderated their forum for a while, and tried with the help of many players across all of their games to get the attention of the game company. Nothing we did worked.

People were getting ****, deleted, stolen from and the company did nothing. Their reason, "Sorry, we don't deal with **** cases in alpha".

We striked, we filed complaints with the BBB (the BBB gave them a grade of F by the way), we even tried uniting all players/moderators/GM's across their games, and still nothing. Many GM's and moderators quit because of this.
    And GM's were rarely if EVER present in any of their games.

BBB Report <--Seriously >=/ What are you all complaining about?

When I logged into one of their other games for the first time, within 15 minutes of having been there I had 3 males message me vulgar and disgusting "things". And apparently, sexual harassment was a common occurrence there.

It may sound silly to you, or it may mean nothing. But when a company doesn't bother to listen to its players, upgrade the game, fix bugs/glitches, does nothing about hacking or bug/glitch exploitation, and you complain here...

We get:

-Upgrades
    -Bugs/glitches get fixed (all in due time, and people actually get banned for exploiting them here...guh...I wish we had that...)
    -It's not an item mall based game
    -PvP is fair
    -GM's are present in game and actually help people
    -Customer service is adequate
    -It's well balanced
    -Most people here know what "respect" and "honor" means ( I said most -_-)

So ok, the expansion doesn't seem like much. BUT YOU GOT AN EXPANSION!

>=/ We didnt get squat! What we got were excuses, lies, and BS. They still haven't done much, if anything, and it's been around a year since I started there...I went back to the forums and found that they still all had the same problems, if not worse for all of their games. And people are still complaining...

Perfect World International meets, if not rises above, the standard of a FREE MMORPG.

Anyway...enough ranting...but complaining about such petty things...really... it irks me.

And one final thought before I end this wall of text...That game company I was speaking of isn't the first one I have seen/dealt with that were below standard.
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    complain less and go lvl.. no one told its gonna be a expansion for new players that didnt even see all of ''normal pw''
  • ~Kitsune~ - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Agreed.

They made it so you had something to look forward too when you reached that level.

:) And it's something more to do. I'm really curious about this whole "travel back in time" thing. =o I wonder if it'll look different!?!?