Level 19 Spiritual Cultivation issues

124»

Comments

• Blanka - Heavens Tear
    Blanka - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    well iv'e done all those quests as a cleric.
    and thats why i know theres somthing wrong with "Kaaly" my blademaster, shes lvl 21, and ive really quested her through everything, her details:
    rep-101
    all stat points are distributed.
    got everything from jolly old jones.
    and allso with me the teoist master has a silver shield over his head.

its really annoying, I just dont feel like playing anymore after all the hard work.
    hope u can fix it quickly.

b:sad
  • Bondmystic - Heavens Tear
    Bondmystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm not sure if this will help, but I thought I'd share my experience anyway.

I did some testing on two of my characters on Heaven's Tear, a level 21 Wizard and level 19 Cleric both experiencing the bug, and on both of them in order to get the quest I had to have at least I row of my inventory free (currently I have 3 rows in case anyone has more). As soon as I did this I was able to get the quest, and as soon as I split an item to take up one more space I was again unable to get it. Placement of the free spots or what items they are doesn't seem to matter from what I tested.

Edit: I had done all the quests on my Wizard, and most on my Cleric (I believe a one or two left).

Bondmystic
  • Hoshiyo - Sanctuary
    Hoshiyo - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I just trashed all my quests and the silver thingy on the taoist's head turned orange >.> (i had only 90 rep x3)
  • kaedechan
    kaedechan Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Class Wizard
    Gender Female
    Character name Mikican
    Level 21
    Rep 110
    Faction none
    Do you have Jones' Blessing? yes
    Do you have other quests in your log? only 2 quest.. done all quests below lvl 19(gather the material n wasteland tarantulax)
    How many unspent attribute points do you have? used all
    How much spirit do you have? 11113 wanna use for new skills=(
    If you solved the problem, how did you do it? cant!!
    Did you Trash any quests? some repeatable quest and pet bag but was after
    Approximately how old is your account? abt 1wk.. this is a new char 1 day old
    Is there anything else you can think of that might be relevant?
    Ypur reputation is too low to further meditation training. i can't help you right now. Please obtain more experience and come back.
    b:chuckle
  • kaedechan
    kaedechan Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    store ur times works!!!!!!!!!
    make sure u dun carry the same items?
    or banks fill ur bank
    or leave 1st row free=)
    b:chuckle
  • nthamiel
    nthamiel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Class Blademaster
    Gender Male
    Character name Lord Thamiel
    Level 20, 96%
    Rep 98
    Faction none
    Do you have Jones' Blessing? yup
    Do you have other quests in your log? yup, the sign of stregth, the worry of banker, inv enlarge
    How many unspent attribute points do you have? none
    How much spirit do you have? 15k
    If you solved the problem, how did you do it? I cannot take the quest
    Did you Trash any quests? none
    Approximately how old is your account? 1 week
    Is there anything else you can think of that might be relevant? maybe the name? my previous work out fine for me >_>
    ================================================
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    I believe we've figured out the issue. We're still doing some testing to try and push the fix out in Wednesday's patch, but no promises. If you are unable to take the quest, free up at least eight slots in your inventory (either by stacking, selling, dropping, or banking items), and this SHOULD cause the quest become available for you. If this doesn't work, please say so in this thread. Thanks to everyone who helped us narrow down the cause.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I don't know if this well help but I suggested my friend try doing the extend bank safe quest by gathering the materials. After he did it he was able to get the quest from the taoist :0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chimagun
    chimagun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    leaving a row empty in the inventory worked for me
  • ziks
    ziks Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I managed to do my spirit quest with free inventory but now i cant learn skills it says i haven't that lvl of cultivation. i have 21283 spirit lvl 21 wizard.
  • Blanka - Heavens Tear
    Blanka - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    x3rox wrote: »
    image.php?u=979167000&dateline=1222389180
    EDIT FROM SURTR DUE TO THREAD MERGE

UPDATE 10/31 10:44am PST - I believe we've figured out the issue. We're still doing some testing to try and push the fix out in Wednesday's patch, but no promises. If you are unable to take the quest, free up at least eight slots in your inventory (either by stacking, selling, dropping, or banking items), and this SHOULD cause the quest become available for you. If this doesn't work, please say so in this thread. Thanks to everyone who helped us narrow down the cause.

We are aware of the issue that is preventing many of you from taking this quest. We hope to have a fix available in the next patch. However, to better help us ensure that we can solve this problem, please post as much information here as you can about the state of your character when you attempted to take the quest and anything you did beforehand that might be important.

Thus far we've been unable to reproduce it ourselves (either internally or with our characters on the live servers), and there doesn't appear to be any consistency between the people who have the problem or between the people who have avoided/fixed it. Finding a common link between everyone who is experiencing this problem is a bit like finding a needle in a haystack, and it is for that reason that every possible bit of information you can give us is extremely helpful, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

INFORMATION WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR
    Class
    Level
    Rep
    Faction
    Do you have Jones' Blessing?
    Do you have other quests in your log?
    How many unspent attribute points do you have?
    How much spirit do you have?
    If you solved the problem, how did you do it?
    Did you Trash any quests?
    Approximately how old is your account?
    ================================================

I'm lvl 21 elf archer, I've exhausted every single quest I can find. Even solo missions. The solo missions to kill lvl 20 archer wearwolves ran out. I can't find anybody in any city, dreaming, bamboo, plume, brute, north of brute, lost, nowhere has any quests, please help. I need 4 more reputation points to progress in spiritual cultivation. I have 96.. I presume it is 100 but without quests I don't know how to get them..
    i freed 8 slots in my inventory and got rid of all the jolly old joe gifts as well. nothing changed.
    =(
    pls help me

Blademaster - Kaaly, Heavens tear.
    lvl 21
    rep - 101
  • dawnranger
    dawnranger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hooray! I banked some items and I could start human Cultivation 19! b:victory You have my huge appreciaton for getting on top of that critical bug!
  • wickedstorm
    wickedstorm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    FB19 is not showing up for me either...Faction has exhausted idea's I am now currently lvl 23 and have 99 Rep. points and still no FB19 tab from Elder... I sent a in game message to GM and waited 11 hours and no reply...so I am mentioning it here....
    I also tried making sure I had 8 open slots in inventory....and no go...

Class Barb/ Untamed
    Gender Male
    Character name Wickie
    Level 23
    Rep 99
    Faction LifeForce
    Do you have Jones' Blessing? yes I did.
    Do you have other quests in your log? 1 Banker then at other times several.
    How many unspent attribute points do you have? 6500
    How much spirit do you have? over 7k
    If you solved the problem, how did you do it?
    Did you Trash any quests?
    Approximately how old is your account? 10-14 days
  • trueinlove2005
    trueinlove2005 Posts: 2
    edited November 2008
    Server Heaven Tears
    Class Archer
    Gender Female
    Character name Unknown God
    Level 19
    Rep About 90
    Faction None
    Do you have Jones' Blessing? Yes
    Do you have other quests in your log? Yes
    How many unspent attribute points do you have? None

I think the problem is that people take the Quest "Aware of Principle" first, then take the Quest "Spiritual Cultivation Guide-Spiritual Progress" ( that was what i did ). So there is no Tablet. And i was banned while contacting GM to ask about this Q. Please Unbanned me A.S.A.P.
    Thank You
  • surtr
    edited November 2008
    This bug is the issue with people not getting the Spiritual Cultivation quest; issues with the tablet are entirely separate and you should make a separate thread for it. On the banning issue, please e-mail customer support.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• chowdar
    chowdar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Server: Sanctuary
    Class: Venomancer
    Character Name: Chlarydia
    Level: 19
    Rep: around 75
    Faction: None
    Do you have Jones' Blessing?: What's that?
    Do you have other quests in your log?: Yes
    How many unspent attribute points do you have?: None

Ok so I'm trying to do the aware of principle quest and I've managed to acquire the celestial sprite and its in my inventory but the quest doesn't recognized that I have it. I've had the same problem before with other quests and I could fix it by just abandoning the quest and starting over however, I can't abandon this quest or drop the item so and I have no clue of what to do... im sad b:shedtear
  • surtr
    edited April 2009
    There are two sprites, one from a monster and one from a flower. You've gotten the one from the monster and now you need to find the one from the flower. Anyway, this thread was for an entirely different issue with the quest, so...

*LOCKED*
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

This discussion has been closed.