PvE dissapointment

Options

Comments

• moon
    moon Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If nobody is a customer at this point in time, then there won't be any feedbacks regarding bugs etc because only customers can provide feedbacks :)
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Trust means a lot to me. I'm not mad about PK. I'm mad about PWE not giving us any notice of this before CB launch. It shows a huge lack of judgement. If the PvE servers are simply not ready or if there is another good, logical reason, then they should have told us ahead of time. That is a key element in customer relations and in building trust with people. By surprising us, people feel betrayed. It is a bad choice that symbolizes more bad choices to come. Is this the service we should expect from you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • disco
    disco Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Flaming and outraging is not positive feedback. No PvE server in beta cannot be helped, however Open beta should be soon so this is the time to get familiar with the game for most of us. The game doesn't suck because it dosen't have a PvE from the start. Making rude and offensive statemets will just lead to create a wrong concept of the game.
    Even better than having a PvE or PvP server would be having only one with no label. PvPing or PvEing is just a decision in game, it's one of the things that makes games to be called role playing games.
    Whatever... i guess it cannot be helped since most of you guys are frustrated over other versions of the client... well.
    Bye lol xD
  • kebber
    kebber Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kuruno wrote: »
    I really now don't feel like playing...i dont wanna be forced to play in a PvP server...you guys said both servers not only PvP....this is disappointing. :(

The original game in Asia doesn't even have 1 PVE server at all... They're all pvp servers...
  • shadowsleeper
    shadowsleeper Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    moon wrote: »
    what I know a game needs to have is number 1: customer support. Without disclosing reasons about decisions of the game does not seem to me that this game have good customer support- Especially when it is such an unfair decision & some explaination is needed. It just leaves the players wondering why there is such a decision and create more unpleasantly

Sometimes it's not feasible to tell everyone why something isn't going to happen. For example, a business wouldn't want to let it's customer know the reason why it wasn't handing out Christmas hampers for the year was due to a cash flow problem. Imagine what would happen if they did let everyone know that. Of course this is only an example and I'm pretty sure it's not the reason why PVE servers aren't available.

So don't feel like they're hiding stuff from you. I'm pretty sure they'd let us know if they could.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghost6989
    ghost6989 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I too was upset when I found out there would be no PVE, but on the other hand I get to be one of the first to play this game, at the end of the month there will be a wipe so it doesnt matter where you played.

This game is free, I dont see why people get so annoyed, its not like you payed anything. Already even in closed beta this game has captivated me more than WoW or any other p2p game. Well done guys, I have a feeling this will blossom into a masterpiece.
  • tayla
    tayla Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    chip wrote: »
    1. Nobody is a customer at this point.

Whatever we do during CB is going to be negated shortly. If you don't like the TESTING circumstances, don't participate in the test. You can whine about service when the game is actually open.

No one may be a customer at this point.. but the point of the beta test is to attract people to the game and show them what its going to be like. By alienating people this early in the game, they are driving away their customer base. They're establishing a precedent that they will lie to us in the future without remorse.. not helpful towards building our collective trust towards them.
    chip wrote: »
    3. An all-purpose server conforms to the community.

As I've said before, an exclusively PvP server is a lot different when there's also a PvE server. Those of us who've played on the Malaysian servers (which were PvP), haven't been hugely impacted by the PK presence. I started playing over there around launch nearly a year ago and can count the number of times I've been PKed on my fingers. Later, when there is a choice, you can be assured that the PvP server will be a cesspool since it will be comprised entirely of PK-enthusiasts, but this isn't the case on an all-purpose server.

4. Random PKers are in for a big disappointment anyway, so let them have their fun now while they have the chance.

Most of the joy a PKer derives is from pissing people off and ruining the game for others. This works out well enough if they're in the same server as people who just want to mind their own business. However, if they want to keep doing their thing, they have to do so in the company only of their own kind who have the same priorities. It's hard to prey upon the innocent in the middle of a warzone.

Personally, I have NO interest in being on a PVP server. Every mmorpg I've tried.. I've hated the PVP for being either unbalanced or just unfair. A few examples are as follows (I've played alot more than this)... I quit WoW after none of my toons could get past level 15 because they kept being ganked. No matter where I went in Auberdine, a group of level 60+'s would always find and kill me. They would even go as far as to camp the graveyards so I couldn't respawn without being killed again. That got annoying, thus I quit.

In Ragnarok Online, the PvP, while unbalanced, was at least a choice. No one could gank you.. but in the PvP areas, everyone was a Knight/Crusader because it was an overpowered PvP class. No diversity, no skill.. everyone would only PvP with a Crusader and any other class was slaughtered easily. The only time my hunter could survive was if I could get to a sniping spot.

In City of Heroes, the PvP is currently grossly unbalanced. Two of the villain classes have high resistance to practically every archetype on the Hero-side. On top of that the heroes are not resistant to their attacks. Thus.. the villains obviously have more PvPers since no one likes being constantly killed in one sided battles.

So to the earlier person who said "Give PvP a chance".. I have. I hate it, and I loath being forced into it. While I'll endure it for the sake of trying out this game (and the promise of PvE servers later), I too am disappointed with this apparently ill concidered decision.
  • bike
    bike Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Why does it matter? ... Its in a testing phase...your characters are going to be wiped. I also don't see a point to leveling that high while in closed beta. Relax you will get your carebear server eventually as stated.
  • aeonan
    aeonan Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    What are those "variety of reasons"?

RAGEQUIT PAID YOU WELL?

We are flattered.
  • xiphos
    xiphos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mmmm carebear tears taste like sugar :p
  • keithtan69
    keithtan69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I do not see a point for PvE or PvP server, I want option. Switch of mood.

PvE becoming boring toward the end when excessive grinding is needed. Switch of mood allow me to de-stress from PvE. When I mean PvP, it mean duel, TW.

What PWI can do is to allow player to truely turn off PvP when needed, not Ctrl +attack. Current setting of switch pose disadvantages to white name.

Red name (Pker) penalty need to be heavier. Not the two hour timer, instead they should add 1 more hour and disallow teleporting/stalling when you are red. That way, they will think twice before PK anyone. Especially low level player. Excessive PKing on low level player can drive them away and PWI will suffer.

PWI also need to state in their agreement with player on harassment, excessive PK on player can get their account ban. This is to prevent PK the same person over and over again. It is griefing.
  • xiphos
    edited August 2008
    Options
    thank you maybe now they will stop being the disrespectful ingrates they are
  • lucita
    lucita Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There is always something messing up a perfect launch. There should have been both types of servers up at launch. There is obviously people that do not want to be bothered by angry kids. This move with only a pvp server will make alot of people quit. Although it is their game they can do whatever they want.

It might not be such a big deal if pvp was not pointless. I bet most of the killing will be ganking which is just annoying. This Xiphos guy shows the mentality of most of the people who like to play on pvp servers. They are just angry little kids that like to kill you just to annoy you. Then they shout out n00b, ***, and mom insults. All the more reason not to want to play on a pvp server.
  • xiphos
    edited August 2008
    Options
    coming from who a nobody thank you very much. im glad u are so good at asessing what age/mentality ppl are from what they type im just tired from the game not even being 1 DAY open and the ppl who dont want anything to do with pvp crying. Its really simple not to participate in pvp dont hit 30 or if u do becareful 24/7. I love pvp im sorry i dont like tab 1ing mobs all day long and im not some kid im 22 yrs old pvp is meant to take away from the mindless grind you carbears love so much and carry on about ur e-peen due to all the monsters and leet dungeon gear uve farmed. I on the other hand enjoy tearing them down i only use the kid insults on ppl who i think have that mentality and Im treating the carebears the way they have treated the gms in less than a day thats just sad to bash em in under 10 hours for having to play on a pretty much a normal kind of mmo server imo. But think what u want ur entitled to it.
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    First, let me say that I will be playing on the PVE server when it opens.
    Having said that, I feel a lot of you are overreacting to the PVP. I levelled to 80 on the PW-MY servers and got PK'd once in that whole time.
    I doubt if we will be seeing much PK, since in case you arnt aware, if you kill someone who doesnt fight back, you turn red for a couple of hours, during which if someone kills you you are quite likely to drop eqipped items.
    There wont be any dolls to save people from this, so if they kill a few people they will probably end up having to sit in town for some hours, or killed continually if they go out.

You might get a bit on the last day or two of the server, but I think before then everyone is going to be too focused on levelling up, and not forcing long waits in town to get rid of red.

Just remember, if someone attacks you dont fight back, and then you almost certainly wont lose any items, and they will go red.

PK people throwing taunts in this thread are doing us a favor. The more PK people who act like morons in the forums, the more people will avoid the PK servers, so keep it up guys.
    im 22 yrs old

If you want people to treat you as an adult you should act like one. (and work on your english)
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dude cant even post a coherient posting. Can you say that again in English please?:rolleyes:

directed at Xiphos btw
  • xiphos
    edited August 2008
    Options
    what are you talking about?
  • danubus37
    edited August 2008
    Options
    exactly. Thank you for proving my point.
  • xiphos
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lol thank u idiot thank you
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok quite crying, your safe till 30 after that well meh...be patient for 1 month ITS ONLY 1 MONTH lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moon
    edited August 2008
    Options
    What the impression given for servers that is being open during close beta being all pvp servers is that when open beta comes, those who will be playing in pve servers won't get much support. My view is not for some pvp kids who don't understand the whole point to flame others by naming people carebears etc & saying that people are just whining.

If you don't agree on others just keep quiet & don't start useless comments about others' views.

I am thinking that this forum is only make up of just those few kids who creates new accounts to keep flaming about other people's comments because they all just talk about the same thing over & over again when they don't get the picture- they just love to keep reposting about carebears.
    hey carebears stop your crying

Just keep on posting the same flaming comments & flood the forum or even create a new thread to start flaming, I wouldn't care much- this just shows how immature some kids are. I will just say, this forum is lack of control of those kids.
  • alaocia
    alaocia Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Okay I see there is no PvE, and while I am dissapointed other people have brought up good points that again this is simply a testing phase. Now I have a vast number of questions in relation to the PvP rule sets as from what I have been reading the rule sets don't make a whole lot of sense. Level 30 to get to know your toon does not seem that bad... even though I think I will stray away from my cleric for this beta since I doubt they would fair well in a pvp environment... unless someone wants to be my big strong friend!

1. Is PKing and activitaed thing?
    2. Are they able to attack those that are not participating at the moment?
    3. Are there level requirements that must be met before you can pk. (example: level 45 player should not be able to kill a level 30 since there is a 15 level difference)
    4. Are there any safe areas like towns or is it all open season?

Sorry I have never played the game until this evening so I have a couple of questions for you more seasoned players. :)
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited August 2008
    Options
    please don't resort to insults or name calling. respect each other views and if you disagree with them, disagree with them. don't let it result in flaming or trolling. all engaging in such affairs - you have been warned.

i'm serious.

thanks,

orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    alaocia wrote: »
    1. Is PKing and activitaed thing?
    2. Are they able to attack those that are not participating at the moment?
    3. Are there level requirements that must be met before you can pk. (example: level 45 player should not be able to kill a level 30 since there is a 15 level difference)
    4. Are there any safe areas like towns or is it all open season?

1. PK is activated on the PvP server
    2. PK means killing unsuspecting players
    3. when you reach level 30, everyone above lvl30 is able to kill you
    4. every town/village is a safe zone
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    moon wrote: »
    If you don't agree on others just keep quiet & don't start useless comments about others' views.

As I said in another post, if someone does not agree with you, they can voice their opinions if they want. The name calling and flaming is a problem but that doesn't mean you can't post your own opinions on something.

Stop assuming everyone is a kid and everyone resorts to flames. Yeah, a lot of people are flaming but telling people to keep quiet is ridiculous.
  • disco
    disco Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Omg how comes this thread is still alive?
    I mean just use the OB to ensure that the client is allrite and has no major bugs. Don't get emo over this whole no pve thing.
    I have seen ppl pvp at lvl 10 yesterday, so there are dueling options for the ones who wanna play PvE...
    Just let things go and don't get "over-passionate" xD
  • moon
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well if some still wants to continue to flame others & can't keep quiet by all means continue. This also applies for posting of useless & off-topic replies.
  • griffpad
    griffpad Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    koukou wrote: »
    I already have a level 89 and a level 56 char on the MY-EN PVP server.

The only trhing that decided me to come over here was to try a PVE server....

I see no point for me to loose one month "testing" the same game, simply because it's from another company.

I'll give this one a pass. And I guess that one month from now I will not be back because I'll have find another game to play.

No PVE server = Bad decision from PWE. A disappointed customer is a lost customer. Bringing up one PvP and one PvE server would have been a wiser decision.

You don't pay for anything, you aren't a customer.

A customer is someone who pays for goods or services.

It's a F2P game, no one is going to care about your namby pamby little thread.

And then to complain about a lack of pve server during the game's beta. C'mon, man, show some dignity.
  • danubus37
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The problem is PWI, that you all knew for hours before things went Live that you wouldnt have the PVE servers up. So why didnt you say something to us? Figured that the forums would be a mess? I mean, its just common Public Relations to keep people informed. When you start the beta off and there is no Pve servers and you knew this and didnt tell anyone this is your company basically "fudging" to the community. It would have been real simple to just come out and say it officially and not have everyone learn about it the way we did. You damaged a lot of trust folks wanted to place in your company by doing so.

Yes, its a beta phase and I can put up with the pk asshats for a beta phase. I just think what you did was rather nuts for a company thats trying to build up good PR between yourselves and a whole group of players. Would have been real simple to just admit the truth beforehand.
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    danubus37 wrote: »
    The problem is PWI, that you all knew for hours before things went Live that you wouldnt have the PVE servers up. So why didnt you say something to us? Figured that the forums would be a mess? I mean, its just common Public Relations to keep people informed. When you start the beta off and there is no Pve servers and you knew this and didnt tell anyone this is your company basically "fudging" to the community. It would have been real simple to just come out and say it officially and not have everyone learn about it the way we did. You damaged a lot of trust folks wanted to place in your company by doing so.

Yes, its a beta phase and I can put up with the pk asshats for a beta phase. I just think what you did was rather nuts for a company thats trying to build up good PR between yourselves and a whole group of players. Would have been real simple to just admit the truth beforehand.

the problem i see with f2p games companies is they seem to not treat their players as customers or potential customers.

it really looks as if they seem to think the business side is a game too.

they fail to keep customers in the loop, fail to protect players from griefing incidents (particularly sexual harassment cases), and quite often fail to treat all players equally (again especially when the player in question has paid for a lot of cash shop items).

this attitude really does need to stop.

the above is just a general observation on the state of f2p games companies, and not a dig at this company in particular of course, as they haven't yet established a case history to go on...we will see.