• t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    What are those "variety of reasons"?

RAGEQUIT PAID YOU WELL?

Karmelia banned. Can't say I blame the admins

Wow lollercakes I mean its a bit funny that all you PvErs preached about peace and unity yet when the chips are down you expose what the kind of people you really are =/

Really disappointing.

Even we weren't so rude to admins, at least if we criticized them we were fricking polite
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    t0yo wrote: »

Wow lollercakes I mean its a bit funny that all you PvErs preached about peace and unity yet when the chips are down you expose what the kind of people you really are =/

Really disappointing.
    ha ha what can i say except "PWNED"

it's really ironic, karmelia was like "oh pwi, *smooch* master... my heros" and when it's her time to get a pie in the face she went "Revoltttt"

i hate these people who are all talk and no action and these suck up as much as you can type. BS and good riddance, i hope she stays banned.

p.s. <3 i'll be in game after 10 hrs, at work now T_T trying to make up excuses to get home asap.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • lostpatriot
    lostpatriot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How hard would it have been to have at least one pve server available? Too hard to do it seems. This is one beta key that will go to waste. Goodbye. :mad:
    With the eyes closed the mind has a perfect view.
  • nith
    nith Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    No, people like you have been doing more harm then good :D.

how do you figure its people like me, we just want answers as to why what we were told was changed with no notice whatsoever.

yeah, sure, i could have worded my last comment a little nicer, i apologize for that, but worded nicely or not, its still the truth. And for a new version of a game to start off by losing a good portion of its testers, kind of the wrong direction.

i went on and i did go into the pvp, just to see how it matched up against MY. I like it, but right now, for what customer service is worth, there isn't much difference btwn International and MY, except that in MY they just don't answer you at all, instead of beating around the bush.

GM's, and Admins, i apologize if im out of line, its just my opinion, and im always one to voice it :p
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nith wrote: »
    how do you figure its people like me, we just want answers as to why what we were told was changed with no notice whatsoever.

yeah, sure, i could have worded my last comment a little nicer, i apologize for that, but worded nicely or not, its still the truth. And for a new version of a game to start off by losing a good portion of its testers, kind of the wrong direction.

i went on and i did go into the pvp, just to see how it matched up against MY. I like it, but right now, for what customer service is worth, there isn't much difference btwn International and MY, except that in MY they just don't answer you at all, instead of beating around the bush.

GM's, and Admins, i apologize if im out of line, its just my opinion, and im always one to voice it :p

You're a good example the PvErs should follow. Personally I think they didn't resort to make the PvE one because of monetary issues. Considering hieros and items related to pking are the ones that get the big bucks, not really sure why they didn't implement it in CB

Like other people were saying its because they want people to get used to open pvp to roll on it later on or something along those lines. Maybe RageQuit did pay them, and if they did I really wouldn't be able to disclose that but I suppose you guys can complain

I personally just want this game where a community has a say and if so can act out accordingly. I hate the idea of a PvE server because Karmelia koz and those other douchebags who comfortably sat in their chair and flamed us illogically now have the tables turned. Though I'm not such an egomaniac and personally if a majority of the community wants a PvE server I say fight for it

Its about time consumers start getting more power in these F2P mmos
  • vem0m
    vem0m Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    koukou wrote: »
    I already have a level 89 and a level 56 char on the MY-EN PVP server.

The only trhing that decided me to come over here was to try a PVE server....

I see no point for me to loose one month "testing" the same game, simply because it's from another company.

I'll give this one a pass. And I guess that one month from now I will not be back because I'll have find another game to play.

No PVE server = Bad decision from PWE. A disappointed customer is a lost customer. Bringing up one PvP and one PvE server would have been a wiser decision.

I have a feeling like in so many games when regions become licensed the other ones put IP and such locks on their servers to prevent them from playing on other regions. In otherwords soon enough you might be forced to play here or not at all.
  • koukou
    koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Xarfox, not to be disrespectful or anything, but your constant dodging of questions, and hinting at things that bring on more of these questions, but still NOT ANSWERING ANYONE, is only going to **** more people off and drive away more customers. Either answer people straight up and give full details, or just shut up and hide in the corner till you can. cause right now youve been doing more harm than good

I must agree with Nith.

Maybe Xarfox don't know himself about it? So far, communication between admins and players on the forums is not a good point of PWI. It was better on the MY forums. At least Leode was telling the why of things that happened. Here all we are told is "there will be PVE server in open beta"...

Could we have a higer level admin come up and give us an explanation as for why there are no PVE servers, and two PVP servers? One of each type would have been better.

How will you know the optional PVP function of the PVE servers will work as expected if you never had anyone to test it first?
  • vem0m
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I must agree with Nith.

Maybe Xarfox don't know himself about it? So far, communication between admins and players on the forums is not a good point of PWI. It was better on the MY forums. At least Leode was telling the why of things that happened. Here all we are told is "there will be PVE server in open beta"...

Could we have a higer level admin come up and give us an explanation as for why there are no PVE servers, and two PVP servers? One of each type would have been better.

How will you know the optional PVP function of the PVE servers will work as expected if you never had anyone to test it first?

It works on the Chinese servers why wouldn't it here with the same code base? Do you all not even think before you post? This is a beta you volunteered they didn't say they would have PvE and PvP in CB you assumed they would. I wanted PvE to start with too but its not happening instead of coming here and acting childish and disrespectful I got on the PvP one and enjoyed myself but its late and I need to goto bed.

Grow up and act like you deserve an answer and maybe you will get one. There are reasons for them not doing it I can think of several so let it be.
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    actually they did say PvE would be available in CB. in interviews they said they would launch closed beta with 4 servers. Not seeing that here.
    I am rather disappointed in there being no PvE. Actually, i'm furious. prolly more upset than karmelia was, but i don't feel like getting banned. (BTW, bad move banning her, she was extremely helpful to everyone, and it IS understandable that she'd be upset)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Guys, get this right please. No one can touch your **** until you reach lvl 30. For a normal person, it takes around 4 days to reach 30. So in 4 days, you feel just like PVE server. And one more thing, why the heck you have to grind so hard if you character will be wiped out after Close Beta.
    If there is any reward for high levels at the end of CB, the GMs and Admins had to inform before CB started. And correct me if I am wrong, but there is none so far.
    It is now CB, just test whatever you want with it.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nith
    nith Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    vem0m wrote: »
    It works on the Chinese servers why wouldn't it here with the same code base? Do you all not even think before you post? This is a beta you volunteered they didn't say they would have PvE and PvP in CB you assumed they would. I wanted PvE to start with too but its not happening instead of coming here and acting childish and disrespectful I got on the PvP one and enjoyed myself but its late and I need to goto bed.

Grow up and act like you deserve an answer and maybe you will get one. There are reasons for them not doing it I can think of several so let it be.

if you want to go by that point of the same code base, then really, there would be no need for CB at all, cause technically, its the same game with a few changes to the translation and class names
  • severan
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I must agree with Nith.

Maybe Xarfox don't know himself about it?
    he is the product manager, not the tech support admin who "made pve go poof"
    be patient
    anima wrote: »
    Guys, get this right please. No one can touch your **** until you reach lvl 30. For a normal person, it takes around 4 days to reach 30. So in 4 days, you feel just like PVE server. And one more thing, why the heck you have to grind so hard if you character will be wiped out after Close Beta.
    If there is any reward for high levels at the end of CB, the GMs and Admins had to inform before CB started. And correct me if I am wrong, but there is none so far.
    omg, very nicely put
    <3 it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • vem0m
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ranthe wrote: »
    actually they did say PvE would be available in CB. in interviews they said they would launch closed beta with 4 servers. Not seeing that here.
    I am rather disappointed in there being no PvE. Actually, i'm furious. prolly more upset than karmelia was, but i don't feel like getting banned. (BTW, bad move banning her, she was extremely helpful to everyone, and it IS understandable that she'd be upset)

She/he whatever deserved the ban. Anyone that mouths people and admins like that deserves the ban stick. I don't care how helpful you or anyone thought they were that kind of behavior was and is totally unacceptable they acted very immature and childish. Right to be upset? No. This is a free game not like you are paying for it or being forced to play it. Second this is a CB. They don't owe you anything.
    if you want to go by that point of the same code base, then really, there would be no need for CB at all, cause technically, its the same game with a few changes to the translation and class names

Wrong with the changes they changed alot more things but the code "base" stays the same except for the elements they changed which I will tell you now has nothing to do with the flagging system.
  • melancholych
    melancholych Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    "Why so serious?"

Putting that quote out there, there's no reason to feel extreme disappointment of the lack of a PvE server, it is a closed beta and it has been cited to last only a month. Within that month, I don't suppose you'll get to level up that fast unless you decide to stick to the computer through the whole month. Actually I think that the fact that they made the pvp lvl to be 30 and over is a good idea making the game noob friendly.
    Anyway, as per most mmo's in closed beta there should be a wipe unless they've stated that there won't be one; so there really shouldn't be any reason for you to level like mad. Also the PvE servers will be coming up eventually, it's not like it's been completely eliminated, just put off. I'd like to hear of one person who hasn't put off things for later.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    t0yo wrote: »

I'm feeling like switching to the PvP server. PvE server people seem to be a bit bitter atm, if they react like this on every issue... i rather deal with ganking on the PvP server.
    anima wrote: »
    Exactly.
    vem0m wrote: »
    She/he whatever deserved the ban. Anyone that mouths people and admins like that deserves the ban stick. I don't care how helpful you or anyone thought they were that kind of behavior was and is totally unacceptable
    *nods* i was actually surprised s/he really reacted this way. Sure, the admins didn't say there will be no PvE in the Cb before launch, but acting like it's the end of the world....
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thirst
    thirst Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    gee lots of crying already cause no pve server. :rolleyes: just lvl to 29 then with different chars for two weeks then geez. cb prol be over by then.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Again, we understand that there are quite a few of you who are disappointed with the fact that we did not launch our closed beta with a PvE server.

This is a closed beta and it's purpose is to collect user feedback and test the game. I can assure you that we will be launching PvE servers after this phase of beta.

All of your feedback is being noted. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • signas
    signas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Meh I won't lie and say that hearing there wasn't going to be any PvE servers wasn't disappointing. But like others said theirs a generous lvl gap for when Ganking can start and with wipes anyway I'll just putz around with a few different classes within that gap. ;)
  • chip
    chip Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This is just testing. If the game's not open, there's no call for "angry customers." Your characters are going to be permanently PKed at the end of it anyway, so what's a few meaningless skirmishes in the meantime? Also, what makes a PvP server "bad" is the presence of a PvE server since all the PKers get consolidated together where they can only bother each other.

Someone mentioned RageQuit . . . pretty funny that they'd come out of the woodwork now. Being a random PK guild looses a lot of oomph when everyone else on the server is as bloodthirsty as you are. If they got owned to the point of raging and then quitting on "Carebear Delphi" well . . . this should be interesting.
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hi everyone,

well first off, i'm really sorry to hear that so many of you are so disappointed.

really, there were a variety of reasons why the closed beta opened with 2 pvp servers and no pve servers; none which i'm sorry to say we can discuss. there are lots of things we can talk about and there are tons of things that we can't. businesses are like that sometimes. but i digress -

certainly one of the reasons for going all pvp, for beta at least, wasn't to **** off a grand majority of you, if that. and yes, numerous times we mentioned before that there were going to be 4 servers, 2 and 2 of each, but in the end it didn't end up that way. so sorry for promising a pony for christmas and not being able to deliver. trust me, we wanted you to have the pony as much as you desired it.

right now it's 1:52 am on the westcoast. why am i not asleep? is it cuz i can't? no. is it cuz i'm not tired? far from it. it's because i honestly care about what you guys think and how you guys feel.

i'm really sorry that so many of you are upset over this, but what's done is done. and besides, it's a beta phase, which overall translates to nothing being permanent. we made a promise to bring you PvE, and PvE you shall have. patience is a virtue.

and i'll be honest here - we busted our humps to get you the beta by the 19th. there could've been setbacks and whatnot, but we worked weekends, long hours into the night, and gave up a good portion of our lives so that it'd be playable by the 19th.

so in conclusion --
    sorry for letting you PvE enthusiasts down but we did what we could. for those of you that continue to support us, thanks. every positive pm and email we receive really encourages us. there are letters that we've read outloud to the group just to raise their morales. we care about what you think. and again in all honesty, some of the venom that's been spewed forth is quite hurtful; but that was the intention i suppose.

you are welcome to raise any comments, complaints, or (heaven forbid!) compliments to my inbox.

have a good evening, ladies and gents.

orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • koukou
    koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    This is a closed beta and it's purpose is to collect user feedback and test the game.

How can you collect the PvE community feedback and test the game if there are no PVE server to test?

PVE is not the same thing as PVP. Whatever you do, your testing will be screwed to begin with, no?
  • azrim
    azrim Posts: 2
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How can you collect the PvE community feedback and test the game if there are no PVE server to test?

PVE is not the same thing as PVP. Whatever you do, your testing will be screwed to begin with, no?
    I have to agree since the PK kiddies will be out in force and the PVE testing will be only second rate at best. The CB will just be a gank-fest. I'll try to do stuff and level but it is not looking great so far once people start passing 30. Hopefully OB will provide more hope for better testing of PVE content since I don't think we will be getting a PVE server till then.
  • moon
    moon Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    what I know a game needs to have is number 1: customer support. Without disclosing reasons about decisions of the game does not seem to me that this game have good customer support- Especially when it is such an unfair decision & some explaination is needed. It just leaves the players wondering why there is such a decision and create more unpleasantly
  • severan
    edited August 2008
    Options
    knock it off you carebears, go play on a pvp server for once... it's closed beta not the end of the world.
    it's only been 4 hrs since beta was launched and you nobos have already QQ'd a thousand mile river.
    everyone in thisserver is level 1 ~ 10 now... so who the F*** is gonna pk you?

you pve carebear flamers obviously are the dum~ (i don't use B in that word because it denotes people with the inability to hear) too.

HAVE SOME PATIENCE! ffs pk's have a lot of it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• azrim
    azrim Posts: 2
    edited August 2008
    Options
    severan wrote: »
    knock it off you carebears, go play on a pvp server for once... it's closed beta not the end of the world.
    it's only been 4 hrs since beta was launched and you nobos have already QQ'd a thousand mile river.
    everyone in thisserver is level 1 ~ 10 now... so who the F*** is gonna pk you?

you pve carebear flamers obviously are the dum~ (i don't use B in that word because it denotes people with the inability to hear) too.

HAVE SOME PATIENCE! ffs pk's have a lot of it
    1. It is not hard to get past 30.
    2. You have yet to post something constructive.
    3. Some people want to test PVE content.
    4. Go back to school for eglish class.
    5. You're clealry a PK kiddie who only plays the game to **** people off, get over yourself and realize that there are other play styles in your jaded little world.
    6. I'd rather be a lifeless carebear then whatever you're attempting to be.
  • moon
    moon Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    some people are just blind and immature not to read the forum rules- that is to respect & not to post off-topic and useless posts. Well some just won't stop flaming others :)

Read the forum rules & follow. or does anyone needs a blind man walking stick to assit you?

I can't believe it, this forum is filled with useless & disrespectful posts and no one cares whether forum rules are being followed.
  • hanso
    hanso Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I can assure you that we will be launching PvE servers after this phase of beta.
    However, these servers will launch at the end of this phase of beta.

Can you verfiy please as your statements are contradictory... PvE server come during closed beta or after closed beta phase?

All of your feedback is being noted. ;)

Don't you think that a ";)" smiley is a bit off there, as it usually means "don't take my statement to serious", in this case: "Your feedback won't be recognized nor noted". At least that's the feeling I get.
  • chip
    chip Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    1. Nobody is a customer at this point.

Whatever we do during CB is going to be negated shortly. If you don't like the TESTING circumstances, don't participate in the test. You can whine about service when the game is actually open.

2. There is nothing that can only be tested on a purely PvE server.

PvE encompasses everything in the game aside from fighting other players. PKing is an additional variable and in no way limits possibilities.

3. An all-purpose server conforms to the community.

As I've said before, an exclusively PvP server is a lot different when there's also a PvE server. Those of us who've played on the Malaysian servers (which were PvP), haven't been hugely impacted by the PK presence. I started playing over there around launch nearly a year ago and can count the number of times I've been PKed on my fingers. Later, when there is a choice, you can be assured that the PvP server will be a cesspool since it will be comprised entirely of PK-enthusiasts, but this isn't the case on an all-purpose server.

4. Random PKers are in for a big disappointment anyway, so let them have their fun now while they have the chance.

Most of the joy a PKer derives is from pissing people off and ruining the game for others. This works out well enough if they're in the same server as people who just want to mind their own business. However, if they want to keep doing their thing, they have to do so in the company only of their own kind who have the same priorities. It's hard to prey upon the innocent in the middle of a warzone.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    What are those "variety of reasons"?

RAGEQUIT PAID YOU WELL?

I love this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • disco
    disco Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It's fun to see ppl worried about being PKed when they didn't reach lvl 30 and their char will be deleted at the end of the CV. PvE = PvP but with no real PvP... It's the same content, the same mechanics. Believe me, PvP communities mean less drama at the end. But well... outraged ppl over a free game is fun when no one spent several hours nor several bucks on it yet.
    Ok... ppl be patient and don't flame. ='(