anti-female vibe in forum

Options

Comments

• severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    don't call on the admins for everything... they're normal human beings like us and they have a life.
    their job is hard enough w/o having to groom kids like serial.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    It's still quite early in California 2 or 3 AM at the moment...

hot damn is that the time there hun? its only 10.44pm wednesday evening here in lil NZ
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    lol. god i love topics like these. They are so random and so out there, yet so funny. I always find that they are a good way to fight boredem at time. :D thanks for all the entertainment guys and girls.

Sorry but i gotta keep this short of serial might think i'm flaming people...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • severan
    edited July 2008
    Options
    lena wrote: »
    hot damn is that the time there hun? its only 10.44pm wednesday evening here in lil NZ
    it's 4:17 here, im at the office doing my job, which is playing the game, looking for the bugs that the testing teat has listed out ^^

life is a bliss when you're a game programmer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • lena
    edited July 2008
    Options
    sphinx wrote: »
    lol. god i love topics like these. They are so random and so out there, yet so funny. I always find that they are a good way to fight boredem at time. :D thanks for all the entertainment guys and girls.

*bows* the pleasure is all mine hehehe glad ya getting some good entertainment lol
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lena
    edited July 2008
    Options
    severan wrote: »
    it's 4:17 here, im at the office doing my job, which is playing the game, looking for the bugs that the testing teat has listed out ^^

life is a bliss when you're a game programmer

Oh so not fair :p hehehe I would love to be a game programmer *hint hint* LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serial
    serial Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    if noone is flaming me then why are some of you calling me a child?

i'm a female and i don't think **** is funny, unlike some of you who seem to think you can joke about it.

i repost -
    puppetsoul wrote: »
    In the real-world, if John dumps five Cloudsongs into Jane and Jane doesn't put out, Jane is gonna get ****.

**** is not something you do to a female who doesn't give good up front.
    On the internet, John has to just suck it up and move on to getting exploited by some other woman...willing to exploit the flawed system in order to accept money from stupid dudes who aren't smart enough to get the milk up front before putting in a non-refundable bid on the cow.
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    serial wrote: »
    i'm a female

No, you're a troll. Drop it.
  • serial
    edited July 2008
    Options
    this is no troll.

there is anti-female pro-violence attitude on these boards and i don't think admin should let it continue.

this game attracts a lot of female players and alienating them on the forums really isn't a good idea.
  • severan
    edited July 2008
    Options
    lena wrote: »
    Oh so not fair :p hehehe I would love to be a game programmer *hint hint* LOL
    sure, beat my boss on NFS
    then beat his little munchkin on FIFA on the Xbox

then they'll show you the way to my cabin. come there, I'll give you some 5k+ lines of coding with bugs in it all you have to do is make it work and you got my job xD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• serial
    edited July 2008
    Options
    and severan and lena - can you leave this thread.

you guys are way off-topic.

thread hijacking is close to trolling.
  • severan
    edited July 2008
    Options
    and severan and lena - can you leave this thread.

you guys are way off-topic.

thread hijacking is close to trolling.
    we're talking about a "lady and what job she'd like" which is feminism and well within this topic as per the title.
    she wants my job so I'm giving her information how to get it.

I'm being "kind" to a woman FYI /sarcasm on

do us all a favor and log out please?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• serial
    edited July 2008
    Options
    @ severan - leave this thread.
  • lena
    edited July 2008
    Options
    alright Im gonna add my 5cents here now....now sure **** like you put it isnt a very nice thing...some chicks deserve half of what they get........ now for me speedway season is coming up and Im not going to have much time gaming lol but if you saw what the chicks wear at speedway its like looking at a damn meat market I go there to watch motorsports not see chicks that practically scream out "**** ME" wearing nawt but a short azz skirt leaving nothing much to the imagination with very little else on they are asking for trouble.

I cant get chicks that dress like **** act like hoes and plead **** coz they lead a guy on then push him away coz of one dumb **** reason or another ...the female species aint as innocent as most females claim them to be....

now lets get real he was referring his comments to the game not actual events hell I can give a list a mile long but Im wasting ppls time as it is with my 5 cents worth and seeing as this has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with PW-Int it should of been put in off topic coz its obviously an off topic sort of thing to discuss dontcha think....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • specter
    specter Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    @ serial - leave this forum.
  • serial
    edited July 2008
    Options
    he was referring to girls not putting out as being asking for ****.

i repost -
    In the real-world, if John dumps five Cloudsongs into Jane and Jane doesn't put out, Jane is gonna get ****.

**** is not something you do to a female who doesn't give goods up front.
    On the internet, John has to just suck it up and move on to getting exploited by some other woman...willing to exploit the flawed system in order to accept money from stupid dudes who aren't smart enough to get the milk up front before putting in a non-refundable bid on the cow.
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    he was referring to girls not putting out as being asking for ****.

Logical fallacy: "asking to be ****" is impossible as it defies the premise. Try harder.

Also, glad to see you're finally cutting the subject change out of the quote. It looked kind of silly when you kept the part about men willing to pretend to be women in order to exploit other men in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serial
    edited July 2008
    Options
    hey you know what?

i no longer care.

clearly this forum is overrun with guys that have major issues with women and i'm not gonna stick around to take your abuse.

i won't be the last female to leave over this.
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    @ serial - your point is made and the mods will stagger in the office around 10am PST with hangovers and think OMFG WTF! - and consider / deal with the issue

the poster your original complaint was levelled at was not condoning ****, merely trying to illustrating how 'hard-core' he is with the intellectual tools he has available at his disposal

this can be deduced because his assertion that dating is essentially whoreing bore little relevance to the topic originally discussed that
    a) some males play female chars, and
    b) apparantly some (males) think thast giving stuff to female characters will somehow bring them (?sexual) gratification... and
    c) players in b) are idiots that get what they deserve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ara
    ara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    could we all just cool down a little?
    i don't think the original poster of those quotes really wanted to insult femals or anything.

+ calling someone "female genitals" is common practice in the internet if someone does something rather cowardly, isn't it?

+ people are calling other people "male genital" as well when they do something stupid/**** them off

Well, let'S just all agree that no one here wants to sho ani anti-feminism or stuff.

BTW: Serial, are you the EP from Delphi, formerly in Divine?

if yes: Anisa here (ye, well, female nick due to having played a WF, I'm male though, and no, i didn't pretend to be a girl ingame)
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    [joking] (i had t put this cos she(or he:S) wouldnt get it)
    Serial how is leading a guy on(with the promise of sex), taking money from him and not puttig out, NOT fair grounds for ****?
    [/joking]

@puppet, you can say what u like but this thread is actually more entertaning than the server wars ones XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • severan
    edited July 2008
    Options
    specter wrote: »
    @ serial - leave this forum.
    lol like she (as the person says she's female) listen.

lets not waste our time on this kid. i suggest we all stop posting on this thread, clearly she just wants the mod's attention.

and stop trying to educate "ignoramuses" they're born dum~ declare open season instead.we did try, but her head is thicker than a gold Mint's vault

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• puppetsoul
    edited July 2008
    Options
    xauss wrote: »
    @ serial - your point is made and the mods will stagger in the office around 10am PST with hangovers and think OMFG WTF! - and consider / deal with the issue

the poster your original complaint was levelled at was not condoning ****, merely trying to illustrating how 'hard-core' he is with the intellectual tools he has available at his disposal

this can be deduced because his assertion that dating is essentially whoreing bore little relevance to the topic originally discussed that
    a) some males play female chars, and
    b) apparantly some (males) think thast giving stuff to female characters will somehow bring them (?sexual) gratification... and
    c) players in b) are idiots that get what they deserve

You're looking at it out of context.
    I was not trying to sound "hardcore". I was saying that that is one of the possible repercussions in real life for "extorting" a man to spend money on a relationship, as where if the relationship is confined exclusively to the internet (no passing of personal info and manifesting the relationship into the real world), no repercussions exist and therefore there is no reason NOT to do it for the beneficiary (the "scammer").

I am seriously awestruck that you didn't see a) b) and c) in the post about modern courtship being a scam version of prostitution.
    b) is a little off though, as "Gift Giving" is actually a major component in how introverts court women; generally characterized by "thoughtful" gifts which are romanticized as being part of an established relationship although they are usually given before the relationship exists (CDs, stuffed animals, flowers, etc.).
    Your acceptance of the gifts given in b) thereby classifies you as their significant other, in their fairytale grasp of how courtship works. In reality, women accept gifts because they're offered; and they also live in their own fairytale world where they have male friends, even male friends who give them gifts because they're so sweet.

My post explained that because of the lack of any serious repercussions on the internet, that enterprising individuals will more than happily exploit people who transition the real world social structure into an MMO. And that due to the population pool of gamers, the target audience is also a target rich environment: most of these guys are more than willing to give other guys gifts if they lead them on for a minute or two as a female character. You don't even have to try... just /dance and ask for money. Or if you're willing to go that extra mile, spam "you're cute" in local chat in any city and ten people will respond "me?" and then you just roll with it and you'll be on the Lifestyles of the Rich and Shameless in no time. P. T. Barnum would've rolled female night elf for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serial
    edited July 2008
    Options
    of course puppetsoul was deliberately trying to insult females.

you don't say stuff like -
    ...get the milk up front before putting in a non-refundable bid on the cow.

unless you're actually trying to insult women.

you can go on all you like, but everyone knows equating getting milk from a cow is talking about getting sex from a woman, and talking about it in not a nice kind of way.

as for "getting it up front" so that "John" doesn't have to "suck it up and move on to getting exploited by some other woman" - this is about as offensive as it gets.

someone clearly didn't get raised very well by his parents...and before all you haters step in and say it was me, no, i'm obviously talking about puppetsoul.

this is offensive stuff to females, please clean the forums up.
  • specter
    specter Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    of course puppetsoul was deliberately trying to insult females.

you don't say stuff like -

unless you're actually trying to insult women.

you can go on all you like, but everyone knows equating getting milk from a cow is talking about getting sex from a woman, and talking about it in not a nice kind of way.

as for "getting it up front" so that "John" doesn't have to "suck it up and move on to getting exploited by some other woman" - this is about as offensive as it gets.

someone clearly didn't get raised very well by his parents...and before all you haters step in and say it was me, no, i'm obviously talking about puppetsoul.

this is offensive stuff to females, please clean the forums up.

30 mins ago you said that you don't care anymore...
  • puppetsoul
    edited July 2008
    Options
    In this case, the "cow" is actually a man in drag, but what the hey, he's still a woman... sorta...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sahrai
    sahrai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    lipe124 wrote: »
    [joking] (i had t put this cos she(or he:S) wouldnt get it)
    Serial how is leading a guy on(with the promise of sex), taking money from him and not puttig out, NOT fair grounds for ****?
    [/joking]

@puppet, you can say what u like but this thread is actually more entertaning than the server wars ones XD

This was not even nearly close to being funny. Where in the 'laws of dating' does it say that when a male spends money on a female, the female must then promise to have sex. Honestly, how old are you?
    severan wrote: »
    lol like she (as the person says she's female) listen.

lets not waste our time on this kid. i suggest we all stop posting on this thread, clearly she just wants the mod's attention.

and stop trying to educate "ignoramuses" they're born dum~ declare open season instead.we did try, but her head is thicker than a gold Mint's vault

The only ignorant people I see in this thread are the people who think it's okay to use a subject such as **** like it's a joke.

I agree with you on one point though, we should stop trying to educate you "ignoramuses", you are born "dum" (dumb? ;))

Serial, for the most part I agree with what you're saying. I don't like the subject being used so freely either, but this is the internet - where young, bored, ignorant people are allowed to run free and do as they please with very little consequence. It it however fruitless to try and argue for "women's rights" and "respect for women" on an MMORPG forum, essentially -- a mans world.

You would have been better off reporting this thread to the admins privately...
    Official PWI irc: irc.deltaanime.net #pwint
    IdleRPG with hilarious customizations included. No chat penalty; others remain the same.
  • serial
    edited July 2008
    Options
    In this case, the "cow" is actually a man in drag, but what the hey, he's still a woman... sorta...

except when John has paid Jane some loots without first scoring sex off her, then it's ok for him to **** cos she is a woman, eh?
  • zethus
    zethus Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    What the hell is this topic doing in general? Move this stuff to Off-topic next time please, it's about your issues with another user, not really that game related. And the first post, yea that's pushing, **** jokes are edgy, not my style, but the "female genitals" well... I would say that is a bit over board, we all need a little potty mouth!
  • serial
    edited July 2008
    Options
    sahrai wrote: »
    ...You would have been better off reporting this thread to the admins privately...

yes i know, yet i can't find the report post button (or even how to pm people on this forum).

if i could have done this quietly, i would have rather than invite all this flaming from the same people that are doing all this woman-bashing in first place.
This discussion has been closed.