RageQuit's PVP/PK Guide

Options

Comments

• mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    faruxue wrote: »
    from all my time playing a magic character, i seriously never realized that when magic attacks crit, the damage is tripled!! not doubled!! wow!!
    ... Lol. Okay, you're the boss. Magic attacks definitely don't have 3x natural crit rate or anything. Definitely not. What am I talking about. I'm going to shut up now!
    cks definitely don't have 3x natural crit rate or anything. Definitely not. What am I talking about. I'm going to
    efinitely don't have 3x natural crit rate or anything. Definitely not. What am I talking
    have 3x natural crit rate or anything. Definitely not. What
    3x natural crit rate or anything
    rate

Rate. Not damage.

L2read.

I.E: You have 10% crit rate. Your magic attacks should crit 30% of the time, not 10%.

And if the crit rate for magic isn't 3x the displayed crit rate, the devs from MY-EN were lying. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »
    And if the crit rate for magic isn't 3x the displayed crit rate, the devs from MY-EN were lying. :D

Devs from MY-EN LYING? NO WAI. Also, I know for a fact this isn't true on my werefox. However, if your tests really worked out the way you said they did, perhaps that certain skill is bugged?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options

Well, I'm not going to doubt that they are.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    if magic crit rate is x3 thedisplyed crit, then what the hell is the point of EAs if a mg could out crit him. I dont know where you get that from? sources please?
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Yes, and please stick to archer tips. Full INT mages endgame rock every other class. Warriors do have range, they got two speed buffs, a teleport, and a ranged attack, and spear warrior has another ranged attack. Try getting above level 70 when classes have some of their good skills maxxed. Warrior is a good pvp class, almost as hard to kill as werebeast, but with the skills to close in on you fast and tear you apart.

There is no multiplier for magic attack critical. 1% = 1%.
  • blaze
    blaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Ease Of Targets (For a mage. THIS IS ASSUMING YOU HAVE THE JUMP ON THEM AND THEY DON'T KNOW YOU'RE THERE.)
    1. Warrior
    2. Werefox
    3. Archer
    4. Werebeast
    5. Mage
    6. Priest

That's a little wrong :x
    1. Archer (seriously... you will 1-2 hit them at later lvls)
    2. Warrior (if they don't know you're there it's quite easy)
    3. Werefox (they are easy to kill, but if they spot you and send their pet after you it might turn out bad... )
    4. Mage/Werebeast ( Mages aren't that hard to kill if you use the right skills you will be able to kill them / when you reach 80+ you'll be able to deal massive damage to WBs, in duels you can even 2 hit them with the right combo)
    5. Priest ( ok these guys are a pain in the ****.... they can put you to sleep and nuke you with physical damage -_- better don't try it lol)

EDIT:
    Full INT mages endgame rock every other class.
    Not true, I was a mage on another server and could kill full INTs quite easily. He did beat me once, but I used NPC armor + a green HH weap while he had a +4 HH weap... and it still took him around 5 mins lol
  • mystic
    edited July 2008
    Options
    matthew wrote: »
    Yes, and please stick to archer tips. Full INT mages endgame rock every other class.

Wrong. Light armor mages end up being more effective endgame.
    Warriors do have range, they got two speed buffs, a teleport, and a ranged attack, and spear warrior has another ranged attack.

All of which is not enough to stop a runner, and by the way, the "teleport" moves you slower than moving with your NON-VIGOR DASH. Just, you know, by the way.
    Try getting above level 70 when classes have some of their good skills maxxed. Warrior is a good pvp class, almost as hard to kill as werebeast, but with the skills to close in on you fast and tear you apart.

I've played high above the 70s, thanks, I never said Warrior is a bad PVP class. I said they're a bad PK class. In PK you must expect your enemy to run and if they do, warrior is immediately made worthless.
    There is no multiplier for magic attack critical. 1% = 1%.

Believe what you want, ain't my character. =p
    That's a little wrong :x
    1. Archer (seriously... you will 1-2 hit them at later lvls)

As this guide's intro says, this is not built for "later levels." I made this guide on the premise that it's reader would like to make a perma-red PKing alt character, and not want to level it past 50.
    4. Mage/Werebeast ( Mages aren't that hard to kill if you use the right skills you will be able to kill them / when you reach 80+ you'll be able to deal massive damage to WBs, in duels you can even 2 hit them with the right combo)

Same story. Not talking about endgame.
    if magic crit rate is x3 thedisplyed crit, then what the hell is the point of EAs if a mg could out crit him. I dont know where you get that from? sources please?

1) Everyone knows past 90 EAs lose their edge over other classes and become about balanced.
    2) EAs have a further range than mages do... And will attack much faster...
    3) MY-EN head dev.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• matthew
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Mystic, you dont know what you are talking about. Most mages 100+ go full INT. Warriors dont stop runner with a ranged attack they stop them with stuns, and they have the skills to close in on you. And where in the hell do you get the teleport is slower then their dash? The teleport will have them right on top of you as soon as they use it, and yeah, I know, btw.

And I dont have to believe what I want, I know this from playing a mage over 80 levels. 1% critical = 1% critical. And yeah archer attacks faster until level 59 when a mage gets sutra. Just stick to your archer guides, lol.
  • mystic
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Mystic, you dont know what you are talking about. Most mages 100+ go full INT. Warriors dont stop runner with a ranged attack they stop them with stuns, and they have the skills to close in on you.

Here's the thing... No, they, don't. You're aware that your sprints don't work in the air, right? And that leaves only your forward leap to close in - which is slower than dashing. And yes, most mages 100+ go full int, and most of them aren't built for PVP. Agi mages are absolutely disgusting in PVP.

And where in the hell do you get the teleport is slower then their dash? The teleport will have them right on top of you as soon as they use it, and yeah, I know, btw.

That's not even true, have you ever PLAYED a warrior? If I have to fraps it. I will. Christ.
    And I dont have to believe what I want, I know this from playing a mage over 80 levels. 1% critical = 1% critical. And yeah archer attacks faster until level 59 when a mage gets sutra. Just stick to your archer guides, lol.

Wow, you really are an int mage fanboi, aren'tcha. I got access to both a mage and a priest well over 70 before I quit, and no, 1% crit isn't 1% chance. We did a test on Junk (who was over 70, light armor priest) and out of 500 plume quills, around 170 critted, at like 6% crit.

You can repeatedly yell "NO~! I'M RIGHT, I'M RIGHT!" but without any basis behind it and clearly without any knowledge of warriors whatsoever, it's not going to make you any progress at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• matthew
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I've been jumped by enough warriors with tiger leap...Its same as distance shrink, it's fast. Yes, please FRAPS it...

I'm hybrid mage, btw.

Well thats nice that you tested 500 spells. You have any idea how many spells I have cast?
  • mystic
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I've been jumped by enough warriors with tiger leap...Its same as distance shrink, it's fast. Yes, please FRAPS it...

I'm hybrid mage, btw.

Well thats nice that you tested 500 spells. You have any idea how many spells I have cast?

Nope! But I have an idea of how many crit ratios you've actively recorded during casting them.

Fine, I'll roll up a WR on some private server and record it. Sigh, the things I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• blaze
    blaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options

As this guide's intro says, this is not built for "later levels." I made this guide on the premise that it's reader would like to make a perma-red PKing alt character, and not want to level it past 50.

Same story. Not talking about endgame.

My bad :O didn't really read the intro.... it's too long :<
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    then one does not need to read that long of a post of they wanna learn how to pk people that are killing mobs.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • dristan
    dristan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Lets say a EA tries to PK a WB. It's basically a test of patience?
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    dristan wrote: »
    Lets say a EA tries to PK a WB. It's basically a test of patience?

It's more of a test of "OMG, WEN WILL HIS HYRO EVAR RUN OWT". Seriously.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I'm not much for pking but i love your out look on things..

I have no problem with pking as long as your not picking on ppl 20x lower than your level.. its just not fair...

but if your fighting someone your same level, i cant see that as something to get pissed about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Aww feeling offended lols. Im WR but i still killed my enemies ^^ Can't wait to prove it -____-!

Btw: awsome guide myst, now i know how to take care of my biggest enemies XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited July 2008
    Options
    mystic is creating the future PK'ers in PW International that will attack newbies out of nowhere and withought warning (>*.*)>

Nice guide though, but this will encourage more random *PK'ing* in PW, I dunno if that will be a good or bad thing so much drama, one player gets Pk'ed for no reason, the player that got Pk"ed brings his friends and guild, so does the other guy that was Pk"ing, and drama starts >.>...

sealed~
  • mystic
    edited July 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »
    mystic is creating the future PK'ers in PW International that will attack newbies out of nowhere and withought warning (>*.*)>

Nice guide though, but this will encourage more random *PK'ing* in PW, I dunno if that will be a good or bad thing so much drama, one player gets Pk'ed for no reason, the player that got Pk"ed brings his friends and guild, so does the other guy that was Pk"ing, and drama starts >.>...

sealed~

If you don't like it, play in the carebear PvP disable server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sealed
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Ehh.... Their isnt one.
    And I was just messing around with my post, its not like PK'ers will be in Chaos and get out of hand in game.

I know the perfect tactics to go against any character/builds that might PK me, the only way they can win is if their lvl was way higher than me, or their gears are way better.

I will be PK'ing in PW, I wont PK random players, I"ll only PK PK'ers that PK for no reason, so to any PK'ers that kill other people for fun thinks its amusing, well guess what karma hurts like a %^$, so be prepared for sealed [:<

Ohh and I do like your guide, I never said I didnt, the reason why I like your guide is because its totally bogus xD

sealed~
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    i pk to prevent myself from going emo over something.
    it kind of makes me feel alive, like i' doing the right thing "vengeance and justice are one" kind of thing
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • mystic
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Ehh.... Their isnt one.

Yes, there is. The GMs already confirmed (unfortunately) that there will be a carebearserver and a PK-enabled one.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=54781&postcount=81
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sealed
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Lol thats ridiculous....... might as well name the server Carebear.
    Well I'll be on the PK Server so watch out :P
  • mystic
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Lol thats ridiculous....... might as well name the server Carebear.
    Well I'll be on the PK Server so watch out :P

I agree.

Share your opinions.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=4871
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options

sealed~

I'd rather get randomly pked then deal with you whining about it.

I'm a carebear, being pked in PerfectWorld is nothing! You don't even lose exp, like in L2 xD Now thats a game with a nice pvp system.

In any case Pk is really not an issue considering the game world is considerably big it doesn't happen as frequent as you think it would.In my total stay on PW-MY I got pked...like 3 times and thats in 6 months. Granted back then I mostly just lvled and didn't bother with pking
  • mystic
    edited July 2008
    Options

I stress firmly that you shouldn't attack lowbies.

In fact, if you see someone PKing someone a much lower level than them, PM me their name, location and level and I will send a guildmate of their level to go kill them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    faruxue wrote: »
    you sure man? add up the total pdef and mdef on all types of armors, First place is Heavy armor followed by Robe beating light by a little, therefore leaving light armor at last place.
    When you upgrade an armor at high levels(people dont usually upgrade when they pking at lvl 4x), heavy armor gets the most HP bonus therefore making up for the points lost into STR and some more. Robes are able to put pdef stones into their armors and use the extra points into con for more survivability.

crit rate is multiplied? can you elaborate?

First, you're using base value calculations and not calculating based on the % reduced. Light armor has the highest combined % reduction, especially after buffs. EP's 60% physical buff does almost nothing for Heavy, but brings Light up very close to Heavy for % reduction; same for WF's fox form, etc..

Second, light armor doesn't factor in the increased chance to dodge, crit, or hit.

It also doesn't factor in the ability to equip high-tier arrows.

It also doesn't factor in that Light armor has the lowest requirements.

It also doesn't factor in that Light armor has the best armor related bonuses (such as +pdef or mdef).

The reason you see everyone in TWs in heavy is because it's not so much about dealing damage as it is soaking it, and there are far more people playing physical damage classes in TWs than mages (there are probably more WRs and EAs than all other classes combined).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    edited July 2008
    Options
    puppetsoul wrote: »
    First, you're using base value calculations and not calculating based on the % reduced. Light armor has the highest combined % reduction, especially after buffs. EP's 60% physical buff does almost nothing for Heavy, but brings Light up very close to Heavy for % reduction; same for WF's fox form, etc..

Second, light armor doesn't factor in the increased chance to dodge, crit, or hit.

It also doesn't factor in the ability to equip high-tier arrows.

It also doesn't factor in that Light armor has the lowest requirements.

It also doesn't factor in that Light armor has the best armor related bonuses (such as +pdef or mdef).

The reason you see everyone in TWs in heavy is because it's not so much about dealing damage as it is soaking it, and there are far more people playing physical damage classes in TWs than mages (there are probably more WRs and EAs than all other classes combined).

We need to find a game you don't know anything about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    We need to find a game you don't know anything about.

Seriously Puppet I thought you just knew about Rohan because you played JP but now you come on PW and trump all of us from PW-MY.....

I <3 you!!!
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Puppetsoul - RQ's encyclopedia on **** that we dont know about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.