Server Rulesets (PK on/off)?

1235»

Comments

• meatshield
    meatshield Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I like how the carebears are calling the pkers 'no lifers'

Which is something I find very amusing, because I generally find carebears play a lot more than the average pkers. Pker's generally get to a level they feel comfortable with and then just pk a bit every day, some more than others obviously.

Non-Pkers generally grind non stop for hours on end doing nothing more than that...I mean, which would be a better 'life' killing x mob x times, or killing real players that don't have artificial intelligence, though some of these carebears I wonder...
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    'no lifers' - refers to players that (seem) to play 24/7 and has no relevance to PK / carebear - ness

no-lifer = higher levels and better gear

but all whinging should really stop... both types of server will exist so there is nothing for anyone to cry about anymore (except the carebears that can only hunt PVEers coz they are scared of players that fight back)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poolia
    poolia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    merulz wrote: »
    SHE better get a warning for that carebear picture!

lol oh please tell why me I should get a warning :D (and I've corrected the quote for you ;) )
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    meatshield wrote: »
    I like how the carebears are calling the pkers 'no lifers'
    Well, the PKers are calling nonPKers "carebears" (which I, btw find offending) so they have to find something to call PKers, too.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I don't get why this is such a big deal. Just implement the safeguard pk like all the other versions have and call it good. A pve server is going to be generally non-profitable.

Behold the wonders of the safeguard pk!

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j119/PainfulBliss27/Screen%20Shots/?action=view&current=pk1.jpg

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j119/PainfulBliss27/Screen%20Shots/?action=view&current=pk2.jpg

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j119/PainfulBliss27/Screen%20Shots/?action=view&current=pk3.jpg

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j119/PainfulBliss27/Screen%20Shots/?action=view&current=pk4.jpg

Please note that if you are red named or purple you cannot activate it. I believe it takes 10 hours after the red/purple goes away to be able to activate it again. So you can't gank people and then be safeguard, nor can you help gank people and then turn on safeguard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    This safeguard pk option IS the PvE server version
    And since the GMs already said there will be a PvE and PvP server... :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    This safeguard pk option IS the PvE server version
    And since the GMs already said there will be a PvE and PvP server... :rolleyes:

Nope nope. That is only Taiwan. JP version and other official versions have this on their regular server. If it was a pve server wouldn't your name just stay blue the whole time? I wouldn't listen to anything Leode or cubscoutnet says seeing that they can't even run their own server properly. Go download different versions and see for yourself. The point of having that system is to be able to turn pk off when you want to grind and on when you want to pk outside of adc west. What's the point of having a pve server if you can still pk in it?

:rolleyes::cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    you can PK in it but only if the other player is in PK mode too, so it's optional PK = PvE. Wait for the GMs i'm 95% sure they will confirm it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daveee
    daveee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    honestly, what's the argument about?
    I won't go on a pk spree, but i'm choosing the PvP based server. Way too boring if i was in a PvE server, no excitement.
    Server: Lost City
    Barbarian 3x
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I'm a pking carebear. I think, the only of my kind in RQ: Its not like I really get offended when they call me a carebear on the contrary, I kinda love it. I mean its a cute name first of all ^__^ and I actually used to love watching the cartoon when I was a kid. The pink one was my fav ;D

The only bad carebears I despise are ones that preach all this goodness and family **** and how their guild is so close etc etc and then it turns out to be that the leaders are corrupt crazed people with ideas of dominating the server.

Truth be told its why I joined RQ when there was the dispute with divinity, which turned out to be the bad type of carebear D;!!!

As for the life argument, its the internet. I've no lifed games before and I haven't non lifed some. Though its a known fact that the people who say "Omg get a life" don't have one. They use that sentence to make themselves feel better to try and justify their life grinding on an mmo opposed to pking or being worse then someone else

To be honest I wish they'd be one mega server with free pvp. The reason being is that I'm a very social person and I hate it when games split into like 20 servers like in SRO. I think it really messes with the community. It would be awesome if there'd be this one global server and it would have channels. Considering you might get griefed (Extensively pked) you can hop into another channel
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    To be honest I wish they'd be one mega server with free pvp.

Not likely to happen in a F2P game. Go read some technical papers about EVE Online's cluster system...Everyone in the same universe. They also have one heck of a powerful computer cluster. And it's not F2P for a reason :D
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    A MMO without pk is absolutely boring. lots of people with different mindsets play these games

1. There are the sarcastic, exteremly funny and wacky people who do anything for fun(most often teenage guys)
    2. There are those who "kill or get killed" (PKS) and the Heros
    3. There are those "noobs" who talk about honor and other stuff in an online game.(just noobs)
    4. There are those "it's just a game lol" kind of people...(ah <3 em)
    5. and finally the friendly ones, kind and caring (mostly the females)

PK is like a bridge between all these people, the universal language of all MMORPGs
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    severan wrote: »
    A MMO without pk is absolutely boring.

Then I suggest you play on the PvP server.

Other players may find forced PvP to be boring too.:D
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • alphaone
    alphaone Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    PvP is fun. Ganking is not.

I'd much rather see PW implement restrictions on PvP than implement a non-PvP server. Greatly increase the penalties for killing anyone more than 5 levels below you, unless they're red. Greatly decrease red time (red lasts 1 minute from last attack). REWARDS for PvPing equal/higher level players.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    alphaone wrote: »
    REWARDS for PvPing equal/higher level players.

Giving rewards for PvP is unlikely to happen. It's to easy to cheat it.

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Giving rewards for PvP is unlikely to happen. It's to easy to cheat it.

Idea. The person automatically have a 10% chance of dropping an inventory item if he/she is equal to your level. If he/she is 5 levels above you, it's a 20% chance. 10+ levels above you, and the chance is 33%. If the person is red-named, the chance switches to equipment. All of these probabilities ignore a Doll's effect.

Good, no?
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    If doll effects are ignored in all pvp situations it would the best solution. This way players actually have incentive to take the fight to the pk'ers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    alphaone wrote: »
    PvP is fun. Ganking is not.

I'd much rather see PW implement restrictions on PvP than implement a non-PvP server. Greatly increase the penalties for killing anyone more than 5 levels below you, unless they're red. Greatly decrease red time (red lasts 1 minute from last attack). REWARDS for PvPing equal/higher level players.

There seems to be a little confusion regarding our upcoming PvP/PvE servers.

The PvE server will not have Player vs Player combat disabled.
    The PvE server will allow users to choose when they want to PvP by activating a flag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nimrrod - Lost City
    Nimrrod - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    blackfire wrote: »
    An alternative to the PK protection mode is to allow a player to PK only players 2-3 levels below or with higher levels.

I think this will be a good idea. that way u won't have to many bullies around.

I'm new in this kind of games so don't know much about PVE and PVP I don't even know how to attack back all I can do is just run away.

question: when some one is attacking u how do u fight back? cus I try to hit them and it didn't work at all.
    Learn the rules so you can brake'em properly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think this will be a good idea. that way u won't have to many bullies around.

I'm new in this kind of games so don't know much about PVE and PVP I don't even know how to attack back all I can do is just run away.

question: when some one is attacking u how do u fight back? cus I try to hit them and it didn't work at all.

GG on posting on a thread thats 6 months old.