Server Rulesets (PK on/off)?

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ice wrote: »
    The rules is very simple. There are two types of server, the pk available server and MM server

The MM server you can duel but you can't pk at all

The regular server, your name turn white when you reach 30. .

Not quite.

On the Philippine's server, you can turn PvP on and off.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    lucifer wrote: »
    I'm going to agree with this.

Not really, those who want to PvP stil can between themselves., those who don't want to PvP can play like they want.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ice
    ice Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Well. I never play in the MY server, but I do play in PW international in China and PW in taiwan and that is the rule.

Don't you feel ridiculous? I can turn on Pk option and kill 1000000000000 players. Then when my name turn white and I can turn pk off. .....I won't prefer that way.

Maybe they will not follow the rule in taiwan or in china. I don't know
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    Don't you feel ridiculous? I can turn on Pk option and kill 1000000000000 players. Then when my name turn white and I can turn pk off. .....I won't prefer that way.

You would have to wait a few years for your names to turn white at 2 hours a pop.

• ice
    edited July 2008
    actually that is just an example. I can kill 100 people, play dungeon for a week and all set, white name. I can also bind my equipment so it won't drop if I get kill. Then I put all item on me in the bank and went off kill anyone I want. Even if I do get killed, I won't drop anything.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    actually that is just an example. I can kill 100 people, play dungeon for a week and all set, white name. I can also bind my equipment so it won't drop if I get kill. Then I put all item on me in the bank and went off kill anyone I want. Even if I do get killed, I won't drop anything.

yes, and those who don't want to be killed will just have to turn PvP off. You'll be happy, the others will be happy.

• ice
    edited July 2008
    No that is not my point. My point is if some player kill a lot of people, and turn the pk option off when their name is white. Now you can't touch him and that is way too ridiculous.

Anyway I won't go further.

I never find that option in china or in taiwan. Maybe I will find it here. That is not a bad news for me anyway.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    It doesn't work the way you said.
    After turning PvP mode on, you have to stay in it for at least 10 hours, so if you turn PvP on and kill random people you won't be able to immediately turn it of to hide yourself.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meatshield
    meatshield Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Doing that would turn this into a carebear game that nobody will want to play.

Most stupid idea ever.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • ice
    edited July 2008
    10 hours is really nothing.

Anyway, I support the Pk option idea really. I don't Pk a lot except fighting in guild war over territory. But I do see players kill more than 200 people and their name is bright bright red in taiwan server. After a few days their name is white because they just play in dungeon. Then they will have the option to turn pk off. That is just too sad for me. It doesn't matter how long you need to wait to turn pk off. 10 hours is nothing. Sold item in main city, 10 hours is a sleeping pass
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    But I do see players kill more than 200 people and their name is bright bright red in taiwan serve

Killing 200 players = 400 hours to spend with red name = 16.6 days
    Doing that would turn this into a carebear game that nobody will want to play.

Most stupid idea ever.

Not doing that would turn this game into a PK fest that nobody will want to play.

Best idea ever.

• soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    no matter which option the GMs will choose, in the end it will all be the same: either accept it or GTFO
    i think it's funny how PKers call non-PKers carebears. It makes them sound oh so cool :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ice
    edited July 2008
    Oh yes, he is red for a long time. but if you kill monster your time will decrease and he spend in dungeon for a week. Then his name is white. But the entire server was hunting him and he have to hide. (He can't turn pk option off) everyone is trying to kill him because he kills innocent people.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    i doubt you can turn it off if your name is red - wouldn't make sense to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ercasam
    ercasam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Pretty sure it's going to be open PK controlled by the current system, if it wasn't they would take soo much longer getting the game up and we wouldn't see an OB anytime soon
    ::::.::::.:::.::.:.Don't Worry I'm A Doctor.:.::.:::.::::.:::::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnnyboi
    johnnyboi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Just leave the pk system as it is that what pushs ppl to lvl to well to me.If u cant handle it quit xD move on to other games. Well say u have a idiot that just ks u evertime he gets and steal some exp and he turns his pk off u be stuck with him tell hes gone or ur gone.
  • miles
    miles Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    makiwoni wrote: »
    well like xauss said, once everybody gets to a certain level, and people don't want to get pk'd remain blue named ALL THE TIME, then wouldn't that be kinda...lame?

PKing is not about asking the other's opinion if they wanted to be killed or not, it's the decision of the PK'er that they want to kill someone else. If you ask if they want to be PK'd that's just PVP, a duel. Sure it won't be someone kills someone, then they turn the function on, because that'd be a terrible idea, but if they see someone they don't particularly like say, another guild that has them KoS, because they KS'd or what not, then the other guild can't do anything and it's kind of unfair

hate to say this but ive played World of Warcraft where they have the same systems pk on/off and it works fine there. the way it works is those that dont mind pvping all the time leave it on and for those that just like pve leave it off. think about it say your out with a group lvling for taking on a boss and you want to stay pve at the time you have the choice to turn on or off the pk. thats what this is about. now if your talking about ganking people that dont want to pvp at all your just a lame excuse for a gamer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    koz wrote: »
    So you're referring to ganking people? This system works fine in all the other versions. Not that many people stay blue. I mean honestly if I'm in a zhen party I want a blue name so they can't disrupt the whole zhen party and waste my exp scroll/heiro. This game is not entirely pvp. If the system is implemented the pkers are just going to have to deal with it, after all, pk is not exactly smiled upon (red name + chance to drop equipment)

Unfortunately, you're wrong. This game is all about PK. You level to get stronger to do what? PK, and usually, help others get stronger for PK too. Molder hunts? Equipment for PK. Holy Hall? PK equips. Frost Walking? Again.

If you just want to kill mobs, go play Maplestory. Perfect World is a PK-based game currently. I wouldn't have it any other way, either - it's fun. I'm an ex-carebear myself, but I created a PK archer and had a blast. I admit, though, the only reason I didn't PK on my main was because I couldn't afford enough dolls :D
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • ice
    edited July 2008
    Talking about dolls. OMG, such a nice item. It prevent you from losing any exp and any item if you die even you are dark red. I guess pk need this if you want to go killing spree.

After all, PW is a free game and the company need to make profit. So doll is for this purpose. If you want to kill people without having the chance of losing exp or item, then you buy dolls.

When I played in taiwan server, your name turn white when you reach 30, and you cannot turn back blue. (though I want to). And you have to live with it. I get attack by other people several times, and I kill many people too. Pk usually goes out in team if you want to kill for sure. one blade master, one barbarian, 1 wizard, 1 archer, 2 priests. Kill anyone in less than 5 sec. If the name is too red. There are two ways to go. Stay in safe zone sell items, or go into dungeon and kill monster. You can teleport into dungeon from safe zone. And you will never leave safe zone. Kill monster decrease red name penalty time dramatically. Just don't go near the guards.:D:D
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you're wrong. This game is all about PK.
    Not PK, PvP. PK is just a form of it. So are TW & duel.
    And all those "PK items" like dolls can be used in PvE, too.

Personally, i play PW for PvE and someday when i join a guild, TW. Maybe one or another duel just for fun.
    Most PK videos i saw were about lame people killing other players who were busy killing a mob. =_=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Hmmm... You're right. TW has a good role to play too. You TW to get more money to PK. And, duelling tests your strength so you know what you're doing when you PK.

However, any lame-o PKer that kills you while killing a mob (without KOS issued) deserves to die. I'm sure there'll be many people that would want to help with this - possibly including myself ;)
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • ice
    edited July 2008
    Duel and TW are different. In duel, you won't lose exp and item. PK you will.
    For dolls, you prevent you from losing exp and item if you die. So PVE server use this in case you die killing monster and can't find someone revive you. Then you can back up without losing exp.
    There are two type of servers. PVE server and regular PK server. If you really don't want to get killed by any chance , go to PVE server.
  • ice
    edited July 2008
    Hmmm... You're right. TW has a good role to play too. You TW to get more money to PK. And, duelling tests your strength so you know what you're doing when you PK.

However, any lame-o PKer that kills you while killing a mob (without KOS issued) deserves to die. I'm sure there'll be many people that would want to help with this - possibly including myself ;)

That is right. I make a lot of friend in game. I don't want to kill others but if someone try to kill me, i will call my friends and hunt that idiot.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    For me duel is just to play against a player, not to "train" for PK
    Also, i wouldn't be getting money from TW for PK - i'd use it for buying zen :p
    There are two type of servers. PVE server and regular PK server. If you really don't want to get killed by any chance , go to PVE server.
    So far, there was no choice - both MY-CN and MY-EN are PK servers
    PW-PH has both (or just PvE?) but since it's IP blocked, it's not an option.
    I don't even know how the PW-JP servers are, because i can't read japanese well and you get banned there if you can't communicate in japanese :p

We'll see how this version handles it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    For me duel is just to play against a player, not to "train" for PK
    Also, i wouldn't be getting money from TW for PK - i'd use it for buying zen :p

We'll see how this version handles it.

Yeah, but what'd you buy Zen for?
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    fashion, mounts, wings, storage/inventory expansion, mp hierograms - there is enough stuff to buy except PK gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    fashion, mounts, wings, storage/inventory expansion, mp hierograms - there is enough stuff to buy except PK gear.

Hm. I could argue that fashion is a way of hiding your armour so people underestimate you, and wings are used to catch up to other people that fly away from you, and storage/inventory stones are to store items you don't wanna use, and heirograms are used to PK better...

But I really don't care. Best of luck to ya - don't get too bored at endgame, okay?
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    Everyone sees the game from his/her own perspective....

Besides "hiding the armor" is not really effective: rightclick on char portrait->view inventory ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    ... and others have the ability to see things from more than one perspective :D

And yeah, it was a horribly weak statement lol. :p
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    Well i never said i won't ever PK.
    It's quite satisfying killing a damn KSer... and quite dissatisfying being pwned by him cause he has better gears/is higher level :D

It's jsut the concept of KoS lists and ganks + being backstabbed while killing a mob that makes me go =,=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]