Server Rulesets (PK on/off)?

Comments

• esux
    esux Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Delete this thread.

Don't give the carebears a place to hide.
  • rickjames
    rickjames Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Wow... JUST WOW. It isn't enough for there to be no experience loss from pvp deaths but now people want Open world pvp completely disabled?
    Open world pvp is probably the only thing that keeps late game players on the server because one pvp a week just can;t keep most player's attention.

If the pvp system is made any more carebear than MY-EN I promise you you will lose 50% of the the player base, easily.
    I hope such a gross mistake is not made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    rickjames wrote: »
    Wow... JUST WOW. It isn't enough for there to be no experience loss from pvp deaths but now people want Open world pvp completely disabled?
    Open world pvp is probably the only thing that keeps late game players on the server because one pvp a week just can;t keep most player's attention.

If the pvp system is made any more carebear than MY-EN I promise you you will lose 50% of the the player base, easily.
    I hope such a gross mistake is not made.

Why are you whining? You want open PvP? Make a char on the PvP server and leave those who don,t want to make a char on the PvE server.

What's your problem with that?

You're afraid you wont be able to go and kill all those players 20 levels lower than you anymore?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • esux
    edited July 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Why are you whining? You want open PvP? Make a char on the PvP server and leave those who don,t want to make a char on the PvE server.

What's your problem with that?

You're afraid you wont be able to go and kill all those players 20 levels lower than you anymore?

He was actually referring to the possibility of being able to 'turn PvP off'.

That said, if all the carebears can go hide in an PvP BASED GAME. Yes, it ruins the fun.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    1. stop being immature by calling non-PKers "carebears"
    2. xarfox already said there will be PK and nonPK servers - further discussion not needed
    3. deleting this thread is a bad idea, closing it is a good one.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    esux wrote: »
    That said, if all the carebears can go hide in an PvP BASED GAME. Yes, it ruins the fun.

If you cannot take the heat of a REAL PvP server, i suggest you don't go play there.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • esux
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    1. stop being immature by calling non-PKers "carebears"

I'd rather not.
    2. xarfox already said there will be PK and nonPK servers - further discussion not needed

So? Not everyone agrees with it and if there is a high enough demand I'm sure admins would change their mind.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    I'd rather not.
    maybe i should start calling PKers "no-lifers" then? :rolleyes:
    So? Not everyone agrees with it and if there is a high enough demand I'm sure admins would change their mind.
    no-lifers can go to their Pk-server, non-PKers can go to the non-Pk server. Win/Win and i don't think the staff will change this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rax
    rax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I like the idea of having 2 server types. It gives both type of players the option to enjoy the type of game they like.
  • blue
    blue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Aside from the TW situation, I would like to remind you that in a PvE only server, you'd probably have greater problems with KSing and all those annoying mat farmers that run around on mounts digging up all resources in a large radius. Personally, I hate both those sets of people and usually kill them if they're persistently annoying. (It's especially satisfying to have a ton of mats drop off the mat farmer and hear him/her swear at you)

Mind you, I'm not a big pker, but I usually just hold my killing for the people that annoy me. In a PvE server, I wouldn't be able to exercise that power.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    I Not everyone agrees with it and if there is a high enough demand I'm sure admins would change their mind.

They won't unless you have good arguments to back-it up. As of now, I see none coming from you. Care to share them with us?

• esux
    edited July 2008
    maybe i should start calling PKers "no-lifers" then? :rolleyes:

Fine by me.
    no-lifers can go to their Pk-server, non-PKers can go to the non-Pk server. Win/Win and i don't think the staff will change this.

It's a win for the carebears, and only the carebears. Also, you're basically cutting the community in half. You need a mix of both for a good server.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    blue wrote: »
    Mind you, I'm not a big pker, but I usually just hold my killing for the people that annoy me. In a PvE server, I wouldn't be able to exercise that power.

Then go play on the PvP server where you'll be able to.

As for KSing, there are plenty of every type of mobs and they respawn fast enough to satisfy every one.

• kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    makiwoni wrote: »
    PKing is not about asking the other's opinion if they wanted to be killed or not.

Ahahaha, makes PK'ing sound like murder. xD:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    It's a win for the carebears, and only the carebears. Also, you're basically cutting the community in half. You need a mix of both for a good server.
    Yeah, i see what you mean. Cause if there are only PKers on the PK server, you won't have any low level nPKers to kill with your mighty hi-level PK char, no?

edit: i think the faster GMs lock this thread the better. It's going to end up being a "carebear" vs "no-lifers" flamewar yet again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • esux
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, i see what you mean. Cause if there are only PKers on the PK server, you won't have any low level nPKers to kill with your mighty hi-level PK char, no?

Not really, I don't kill lower levels. I do kill carebears who run away though, it's fun and it's always nice to read their insults.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    Not really, I don't kill lower levels. I do kill carebears who run away though, it's fun and it's always nice to read their insults.
    i think i'm going to play on the PK server just to amuse you then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited July 2008

edit: i think the faster GMs lock this thread the better. It's going to end up being a "carebear" vs "no-lifers" flamewar yet again.

They can always make an anti-pk guild and go out in swarms. Ironically, they'd still probably get rolled by just a few less than their numbers since such people tend to have no skill.

Splitting the server is a really terrible idea, dealing with PKs is not as bad as some of the whiners make it out to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    ren wrote: »
    Splitting the server is a really terrible idea, dealing with PKs is not as bad as some of the whiners make it out to be.
    Good luck convincing the admins it's a bad idea with such arguments...:D

• karmelia
    edited July 2008
    johnnyboi wrote: »
    Just leave the pk system as it is that what pushs ppl to lvl to well to me.If u cant handle it quit xD move on to other games.

I don't think the admins will like you for telling people to move to another game :D

• xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Honestly everyone, there is no reason to be arguing.

Everyones going to get a server type for their own play style, mmmmm except for RP. Those guys are outta luck at the moment. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Honestly everyone, there is no reason to be arguing.

Everyones going to get a server type for their own play style, mmmmm except for RP. Those guys are outta luck at the moment. ;)

hehe, some ppl are seriously hard-of-understanding (thick)

for those still struggling with the concept... if you dont want to play on a server where players can chose to remain blue-named - it isn't a problem, play on one of the servers with that option disabled i.e. the pvp servers

whining about it just makes you look dumb, as does the argument that it is 'splitting the community'... for example, those playing on Oracle from the malay servers were NEVER able to PK those on Delphi - and vice-versa... see how the community was split there between the servers? same thing here - there will be MORE than 1 server at launch (and prolly OB - but prolly not CB) so people will be on different servers already

please think about it before more crying, or is it some people who claim to be l33t carebear hunters are plain scared of playing a server without carebears?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poolia
    poolia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xauss wrote: »
    is it some people who claim to be l33t carebear hunters are plain scared of playing a server without carebears?

*insert best "comic book guy" voice........ BEST quote ever!

And just to make a point.. not all us carebears are wimps!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/pipen_guild/pw-pics/evilcarebear.jpg
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xauss wrote: »
    it unbelievable that some people seem to have a problem with with grasping this concept (of opting out of PK) - and they are beyond help.

equally difficult to understand are those players whining that the option could exist... really it is quite simple... if you dont want to play on a server where players have the option to activate 'blue name' play on a server that doesnt offer it as an option. problem solved

Actually its easy to understand why they have a problem with it. Put yourself in the shoes of someone that wants to grief and PK people that dont want to be PK'd. Then you find out that most of those people are going to another server where you cant touch them. Wouldn't that spoil your day?
    Delete this thread.

Don't give the carebears a place to hide.

See what I mean?
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    wabbitt wrote: »
    Actually its easy to understand why they have a problem with it. Put yourself in the shoes of someone that wants to grief and PK people that dont want to be PK'd. Then you find out that most of those people are going to another server where you cant touch them. Wouldn't that spoil your day?

See what I mean?

It shouldn't spoil a person's day. Putting the chicken-rats on a PvE server just means fair and good PK on the PvP server. :cool:
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    It shouldn't spoil a person's day. Putting the chicken-rats on a PvE server just means fair and good PK on the PvP server. :cool:

I just have to laugh. If you think the MY-EN servers are fair and good pk, then you are seriously deluded. Enjoy your repeat of Oracle, and please stay on your server when it does turn to ****.
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    I just have to laugh. If you think the MY-EN servers are fair and good pk, then you are seriously deluded. Enjoy your repeat of Oracle, and please stay on your server when it does turn to ****.

I didn't say anything about My-En's servers... You couldn't sell those to a pawn-shop.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008

some will always whinge and cry... but you have to draw the line and ignore some of the carebears that are scared that they will be the only carebears left on the server...

yes they are carebears because they are frightened of the risk of having to PK people who have the skill and intent to fight back

i hope they cry more, coz that'll illustrate their impotence further
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    poolia wrote: »
    *insert best "comic book guy" voice........ BEST quote ever!

And just to make a point.. not all us carebears are wimps!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/pipen_guild/pw-pics/evilcarebear.jpg

He better get a warning for that carebear picture!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    That is the coolest carebear picture ever.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.