Official "I have a Suggestion" Thread

Comments

• tolan
    tolan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    One idea I just had: some of us (Read: me) aren't very into PvP... Like, at all. If you could arrange it so that, at login, there'd be an option to stay in safe mode for the entire duration of your session, even after level 30, I think that'd be great. It'd prevent abuse because to switch the mode off you'd have to log out and then log in, so there'd be no chance of you attacking someone and then having them switch to safe mode on you right before they're about to die.

I dunno. I think it'd be a good deal.

-Tolan
    I'm a Christian looking for a clean experience in a free MMO. No, I'm not crazy.
  • silentblade
    silentblade Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    tolan wrote: »
    One idea I just had: some of us (Read: me) aren't very into PvP... Like, at all. If you could arrange it so that, at login, there'd be an option to stay in safe mode for the entire duration of your session, even after level 30, I think that'd be great. It'd prevent abuse because to switch the mode off you'd have to log out and then log in, so there'd be no chance of you attacking someone and then having them switch to safe mode on you right before they're about to die.

-Tolan

I like this idea, i dont really like getting pked :(
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    tolan wrote: »

-Tolan

I'd like to suggest against this. Y'know, if I can do that.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • zephyr
    zephyr Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Okay, even though I highly doubt that an admin is actually going to check this thread, and even if he actually lands here by a wink of fate/terrible accident (same thing, really) he's probably not going to take most of these (i.e. All) suggestions serious, which is understandable when most suggestions you see are either suggestions such as "PLX GIB NO PK OPTION, IT B FIEN RLY TRUST MI I GUD NO" or are about stuff that isnt even possible to implement "Male venomancers" (Ever thought about how a small fox/big tiger is going to hoist cuddle another small fox/big tiger? **** YEA BESTIALITY, actually now that I think about it, it wont be bestiality, since its 2 animals, right? (Yes, its spelled BEST and not BEAST)) I'll try my luck anyways, wonders are bound to happen, right?

Also, if you don't want to actually read all this, I'll probably have a summary at the bottom of the post, no explanations in there though.

Back in the old days, when I was young and everything was still good I played on PW-MY, I used to PvP and PK a lot and even being featured in several of Ambitions (mystic in this forum) videos as well as having my own one, however during this time, while PvP'ing and PK'ing, I realized that there were a few things that were ridiculous, just to name a few issues:

-lowlevels with hierograms
    -the ripping bite bug
    -not correctly shown magic critical rate
    -perdition werebeasts
    -bloodbath
    -numerous bugs with pets and savezones
    -replacement dolls
    -the inability of the owners to actually be able to change the routing (such as calling the ISP or changing to a different, not as sucky hosting company) of the server
    and the list goes on and on and on.

But there were a few things that really ticked me off, which in my opinion, ruined quite a bit of the fun and especially risk during PvP and PK(K). So I am here today to address two matters:

First of all, and proably less important, the ripping bite bug.

Probably every single Werefox (Venomancer) from MY-EN knows this one. Ripping bite does actually ignore the PvP reduction. I used to play a werefox on MY-EN and of course I abused it constantly, as did everyone else, because it was simply the most effective way of dealing damage as venomancer. It actually had the capacities to 1-shot mages (well, kill them in 3 ticks, each of them doing roughly 30-60% of their health, depending on tactic), even through their hierogram.
    So, many people actually try to argue that venomancers need that skill, else they'd be gimp and thats total ********. Venomancers are fine, but if they'd actually fix the ripping bite bug, and maybe, as compensation, increase the effect of the other skills slightly (roughly 10-15% increase I'd suppose), they would finally not rely on a bugged skill, but however, on timing their attacks, instead of a single "fire and forget sawfly" ripping bite attack. If anyone doesnt believe me, check this video, its all PvP where I fought most of the time alone against 2+ opponents , at my level with hierograms, at the same time, beating them easily through 3+ sec delay:
    http://www.rqclan.com/iwerefox.divx
    (If you cant watch it with your media player, I'd advice you to use the media player class, with the CCCP codec pack).
    You can clearly see that ripping bite does a tremendous amount of damage, which is clearly imbalancing the game, it really needs to get fixed, and thats coming from a former, highly PvP active, Werefox (Venomancer)

And now, for the greater good, I got to introduce you to the most important matter..... ever, that I peronally could think off: Replacement Dolls

Now, you might ask what those are. Those little buggers, prevent any item or exp loss when dieing and are a relatively cheap cash shop item. Now that doesnt sound too bad, right?
    WRONG
    They're the worst thing the developers of perfect world ever came up with. Ever tried to kill a deep red werebeast, thats been perditioning the lowbies of your clan. Close to impossible if he has a hiero. Now, if actually are able to pull such a miracle off (Killing the werebeast that is) and are waiting for your reward in items, those little buggers of replacement dolls flip you off with a nice little **** you, no drops for you.
    It takes out the entire risk of PK'ing, which is the most **** thing you can do to a game. No risk in PK'ing = Going on huge PK'ing sprees, especially against lowbies and people who wont be able to fight back, why? Simply because you cant lose anything at all.
    The reason why usually good players (skillwise) PK a lot, is because they dont die when doing it, after all, they're better players (skillwise) than the actual victim, hence they'd be able to kill someone and be able to live with the aftermath of being red, mainly because they wont die. They'll actually see if they'd be going into a losing battle, and know how to survive during group pvp most of the times, they dont have a real need for those dolls, anyone who says anything different is a wannabe.
    PK is supposed to be risky, you're not supposed to see some cash shopper, with a max level'd char, but no skil at all, running around killing lowbies and not caring about the aftermath, simply because there wont be one due to the replacement dolls. So please, do everyone a favor, the carebears (They wont get PK'd as much anymore) as well as the decent PK'ers (Which finally will get rewarded for killing the enemies decent red players) and disable replacement dolls during PvP/PK.

For everyone who things this is TL : DR material:

Suggestion 1: Fix ripping bite bug (Reasons stated above)

Suggestion 2: Disable replacement dolls during PvP

That's all folks
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    zephyr wrote: »
    Okay, even though I highly doubt that an admin is actually going to check this thread, and even if he actually lands here by a wink of fate/terrible accident (same thing, really) he's probably not going to take most of these (i.e. All) suggestions serious, which is understandable when most suggestions you see are either suggestions such as "PLX GIB NO PK OPTION, IT B FIEN RLY TRUST MI I GUD NO" or are about stuff that isnt even possible to implement "Male venomancers" (Ever thought about how a small fox/big tiger is going to hoist cuddle another small fox/big tiger? **** YEA BESTIALITY (Yes, its spelled BEST and not BEASTIALITY)) howeverI 'll try my luck anyways, wonders are bound to happen, right?

Also, if you don't want to actually read all this, I'll probably have a summary at the bottom of the post, no explanations in there though.

During my time on PW-MY I PvP'd and PK'd a lot, even being featured in several of Ambitions videos (mystic in this forum), during my time while PvP'ing and PK'ing there were a few things that were ridiculous, just to name a few issues lowlevels with hierograms, which were unkillable during PvP unless you had a half group attacking them constantly or them being about as smart as a sheet of paper (surprisingly the number of those is actually quite astonishing), the ripping bite bug, not correctly shown magic critical rate, perdition werebeasts, bloodbath, numerous bugs with pets and savezones and the list goes on and on and on.

But there were a few things that really ticked me off, which in my opinion, ruined quite a bit of the fun and especially risk during PvP and PK(K). So I am here today to address two matters:

First of all, and proably less important, the ripping bite bug.

Probably every single Werefox (Venomancer) from MY-EN knows this one. Ripping bite does actually ignore the PvP reduction. I used to play a werefox on MY-EN and of course I abused it constantly, as did everyone else, because it was simply the most effective way of dealing damage as venomancer. It actually had the capacities to 1-shot mages (well, kill them in 3 ticks, each of them doing roughly 30-60% of their health, depending on tactic), even through their hierogram.
    So, many people actually try to argue that venomancers need that skill, else they'd be gimp and thats total ********. Venomancers are fine, but if they'd actually fix the ripping bite bug, and maybe, as compensation, increase the effect of the other skills slightly (roughly 10-15% increase I'd suppose), they would finally not rely on a bugged skill, but however, on timing their attacks, instead of a single "fire and forget sawfly" ripping bite attack. If anyone doesnt believe me, check this video, its all PvP where I fought most of the time alone against 2+ opponents , at my level with hierograms, at the same time, beating them easily through 3+ sec delay:
    http://www.rqclan.com/iwerefox.divx
    (If you cant watch it with your media player, I'd advice you to use the media player class, with the CCCP codec pack).
    You can clearly see that ripping bite does a tremendous amount of damage, which is clearly imbalancing the game, it really needs to get fixed, and thats coming from a former, highly PvP active, Werefox (Venomancer)

And now, for the greater good, I got to introduce you to the most important matter..... ever, that I peronally could think off: Replacement Dolls

Now, you might ask what those are. Those little buggers, prevent any item or exp loss when dieing and are a relatively cheap cash shop item. Now that doesnt sound too bad, right?
    WRONG
    They're the worst thing the developers of perfect world ever came up with. Ever tried to kill a deep red werebeast, thats been perditioning the lowbies of your clan. Close to impossible if he has a hiero. Now, if actually are able to pull such a miracle off (Killing the werebeast that is) and are waiting for your reward in items, those little buggers of replacement dolls flip you off with a nice little **** you, no drops for you.
    It takes out the entire risk of PK'ing, which is the most **** thing you can do to a game. No risk in PK'ing = Going on huge PK'ing sprees, especially against lowbies and people who wont be able to fight back, why? Simply because you cant lose anything at all.
    The reason why usually good players (skillwise) PK a lot, is because they dont die when doing it, after all, they're better players (skillwise) than the actual victim, hence they'd be able to kill someone and be able to live with the aftermath of being red, mainly because they wont die. They'll actually see if they'd be going into a losing battle, and know how to survive during group pvp most of the times, they dont have a real need for those dolls, anyone who says anything different is a wannabe.
    PK is supposed to be risky, you're not supposed to see some cash shopper, with a max level'd char, but no skil at all, running around killing lowbies and not caring about the aftermath, simply because there wont be one due to the replacement dolls. So please, do everyone a favor, the carebears (They wont get PK'd as much anymore) as well as the decent PK'ers (Which finally will get rewarded for killing the enemies decent red players) and disable replacement dolls during PvP/PK.

For everyone who things this is TL : DR material:

Suggestion 1: Fix ripping bite bug (Reasons stated above)

Suggestion 2: Disable replacement dolls during PvP

That's all folks

There's a small problem though... people won't pk if dolls are out. If they fix dolls (which I would love to see), they'd better increase the chances of a white-name to drop items. A 1% chance just doesn't seem to be enough. Only inventory items still seems appropriate, though - white-names shouldn't drop equipment.

Besides that, I back you up completely :D
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • thankful
    thankful Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    This is not an english server, it's an international. English just happens to be one of the most spoken languages over the world. Don't be so xenophobic and let everyone speak their language. Even if you block them from using characters specific to their language, don't you think they find their way around it? You won't understand their language more just because they type it in roman letters.
    I agree with you on char names, but not on the chat part. Besides, afaik you can either block non-alphanumeric characters in the chat system entirely or not at all - so you won't even be able to type in your language in private chats.

Ahh you're right, my apologies.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    There's a small problem though... people won't pk if dolls are out.

RQ will still PK. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    And that's why I love you guys.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • tommyt
    tommyt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    A guild bank system would be nice. THat way we dont have to use mule toons. Created just for the purpose of holding stuff for other players. I was thinking something like how a real bank would works.
    1. The guild would get small % fees for transactions
    2. The guild could loan gold to guild members with a payback schedule plus interest.
    (Member to borrow would have to provide some collateral or have good credit history LOL)
    3. Guild bank would hold merchandise that other guild members have picked up and contributed to guild bank for use by other guild members. These things would be for "Sale" to guild members at a reduced cost (IE the cost of what they can be sold for + commission for guild.
    4. Plus many other features that I would think would be way cool!

Please give me some feedback!
  • lolkers
    lolkers Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I suggest you should be able to CHOOSE a sex, and not go with the template...

Otherwise this game will just become kal-online all over again, with better graphics.
    If you know me, let me know that you know me, cause probably don't know you. KNOWLEDGE FTW! :eek:

L=O=S=T C=I=T=Y

Lawlkers - Lvl 16 Vencomancer
    Lolkers - Lvl 3 Blademaster
    Lolkerz - Lvl 1 Elven Archer (untill i figure out how to get pets on archers ._.)\

~Currently in Cosmic Faction~
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    lolkers wrote: »
    I suggest you should be able to CHOOSE a sex, and not go with the template...

Otherwise this game will just become kal-online all over again, with better graphics.
    Uh.. you can choose the gender of your character, except for barbarians and venomancers. Someone said this has to do with those 2 classes being limited to one gender by the chinese mythology and since PW is based on it.... ;)
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    I'd like themed guild posts. What are these, you say? Well, let me tell you.

Perhaps my guild is called "Palace". I wouldn't want to be called a "Guild Master", I'd like to be the "King". My "Vice Guild Mater" would like to be called the "Baron", and I would call my "Members" "Slaves".

Or, perhaps I'm running a guild called "Organization". Instead of Guild Master, I'd like to be the "President". See what I'm getting at here?

Just a neat little idea. :D
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • thebaron
    thebaron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    My only suggestion that springs to mind at the moment is something that bugs me on PW-MY.

It's not that big a deal, and nothing to do with gameplay, but PW-MY doesn't seem to have a 1440x900 resolution. So... I'd like that to be implemented :-D And any other resolutions that might not be present.

I know it has higher ones, but 1440x900 is the native res. of my monitor, and many other people too, so would be cool to have that. At the moment I have to use 1280x800.
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    This is just a really minor one:
    A possible shortcut key for the 'Assist in Attack' function for parties?
    (Other than right-clicking a party members bar for it. It maybe faster to handle multiple mobs stacked on each other and also come to the aid of that particular party member in an emergency.)
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    demise wrote: »
    (Other than right-clicking a party members bar for it. It maybe faster to handle multiple mobs stacked on each other and also come to the aid of that particular party member in an emergency.)

You just drag the action from the "E" shortcut into your skill bar. That's your shortcut :D
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Oh geez, I seriously never noticed it there. >_< Thank you.
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Np at all lol. I don't really ever use it... I play solo too much, I guess :D
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    1. I second the replacement doll thing.

2. upload the client to sites that support download resume/host a torrent!

3. Try address the issue of one guild to own them all in TW acusation

4. Ugh I always forget things i was about so say.. nvmd then :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • arten
    arten Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    dinoman wrote: »
    Another suggestion a female Barbarian. I mean why can't a woman be a hard hitter and a tank?

i.e. a Valkyrie-style character?

- Arten the Magus
  • arten
    edited July 2008
    thankful wrote: »
    Suggestion 1: Please allow us the use of the arrow keys to move. Please with sugar, chocolate, fur coats, cherries, kisses, hoist cuddles, and even fluffy pink bunny slippers on top! (Even better let us customize all of the key mapping-this is probably wishful thinking though.)

Wishful thinking, perhaps, but this is one thing I WHOLEHEARTEDLY support!!!
    - Arten the Magus
  • arten
    edited July 2008
    zephyr wrote: »

Condensed into one, very well known name from MY-PW.... zorkan.
  • ark
    edited July 2008

Like I stated already, increase the rewards on white-name kills if this is implemented. As it is, PKing has no risk, yet little reward. If it's changed, it'd be best if it was changed to big risk, and big reward.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • thebaron
    thebaron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Ooo, I got another idea! Again, not related to gameplay, haha.

Make the forum.... fit! It's massive. 1200px wide if I'm not mistaken. Sure, most people have a screen resolution to accomdate it, but I like to have my web browser a bit smaller than this, lol.

Plus the layout and black background is nasty, especially in the index where everything takes up more space than it needs to. PW-MY's forum is much more tidy and better laid out.

Yeh, I'm picky :-P ... I agree with some other people too, "n00b" is the wrong word for that section. "Newbie" is better, but even better would be if it was called "Beginner Discussion".
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    thebaron wrote: »
    Ooo, I got another idea! Again, not related to gameplay, haha.

Make the forum.... fit! It's massive. 1200px wide if I'm not mistaken. Sure, most people have a screen resolution to accomdate it, but I like to have my web browser a bit smaller than this, lol.

Plus the layout and black background is nasty, especially in the index where everything takes up more space than it needs to. PW-MY's forum is much more tidy and better laid out.

Yeh, I'm picky :-P ... I agree with some other people too, "n00b" is the wrong word for that section. "Newbie" is better, but even better would be if it was called "Beginner Discussion".

I think n00bs are cool.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited July 2008
    Change the forum skin, its soo not "Perfect World" looking, my suggestion..... and enable avatars and sigs plox =P

sealed~
  • orciencor
    orciencor Posts: 12
    edited July 2008
    First:

Other then the adding the Assist button to your bar, when in a party you can shift+<party member #> to select them. No need to click on their bar. Helps a lot when you're not wanting to pull agro by attacking something the tank isn't.

As for suggestions that sadly probably won't ever come to pass:
    1) Extend the numeric (not F-key) hotkey bar to at least 0, if not - or =. Unless those keys actually DO something? But I've certainly never noticed them do anything yet.

2) I'm mostly indifferent to it, but I wouldn't actually mind male Werefoxes (Venos), and female WereBeasts (Barbs). Of course, that would require new models to actually do.. So it's not likely. Someday it'd be nice.

3) It would be nice if the WereBeast was more customizable. They really are pretty boring to even toy with compared to any other character. And you can't even change their fur/skin color. Even just that would be nice, as much as I'd like to be able to morph the rest of them a little more too. (Mostly I just wanna make the muzzle of the were-wolf longer. It's far far too stubby.)

4) But the biggest thing I would like is for Races and Classes to become seperate entities. More then a male Veno or a female Barb, I think it would be great to be able to play any race with any class. So that you could choose to be an Elven Barb, or a Human Veno, or a WereFox Archer, and so on.
    Of course, to do this, it would require that the race specific and class specific skills get split up somehow, so that the races still have their appropriate abilities. (I think this would primarily leave the shapeshifting alone for the Weres, and the flight speed for the Elves. Humans don't even seem to get any race abilities, so it might be nice if they got something that wasn't flight or land running related. Just to keep those two things unique to the other races.) And since doing that would require some rather large changes in the code, I don't expect it'll ever happen. But I do think it would help people feel less forced into specific races/classes because they want to play just a specific class, and the race is directly attached to it. And it'd add a bit more variety in general.
  • rufus
    rufus Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't know if this has been bought up but:

fix the forums. they are unorganised and annoying. It feels like I have to scroll down the page forever just to get to, for instance, the suggestions forum.' Also I have to scroll across (left-right) because the entire forum is not visible on my screen. the forums should fit all screen sizes without the need to scroll across.
    that is all :)
  • rufus
    rufus Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    When the item mall system comes in make sure there is a GLOBAL PAYbyPHONE (and/or pay by mobile SMS) system introduced.

a payment system such as this allows for:
    people without credit cards to buy credits
    people without bank accounts to buy credits
    people below the age of 18 to buy credits
    people who don't trust internet banking and/or the postal system to buy credits

it is also a far simpler, easier and hassle-free method of payment.
  • havoc
    havoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rufus wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been bought up but:

fix the forums. they are unorganised and annoying. It feels like I have to scroll down the page forever just to get to, for instance, the suggestions forum.' Also I have to scroll across (left-right) because the entire forum is not visible on my screen. the forums should fit all screen sizes without the need to scroll across.
    that is all :)

It seems like it's an early version of the forum (for example, we can't even set avatars yet, nor customize signatures, nor change the layout theme), so I suspect they will redo the forum when CB begins and many more players come to the forums.

Along with suggestions from above, it might be helpful to introduce a "fan-made guides" section eventually. :)
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Here is a COOL Suggestion!!!
    On the PW International Homepage and Forum, play one of the PW songs, could be the Theme Song, or one of the bg music from game, with a option to turn it off for players that dont want it, but it would be nice reading the forums with a feature like that =D
    sealed~
This discussion has been closed.