test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Class Coming Soon in PWCN: 妖猴 ("Demon Monkey")

obielleobielle PWpedia - Admin 🌹📚Posts: 928 Community Moderator
edited April 7 in General Discussion
With the most recent update on PWCN, it looks like they are making preparations for a new Untamed class. Its name in Chinese seems to be "妖猴" which directly translates to "Demon Monkey". I believe this is likely a Wukong class, but I don't want to make up a name for these guys haha - you guys can if you want.

Note that I'm still gathering information from various sources on this new class, but it doesn't seem like they've added a whole lot right now. I will try to update this thread as more stuff gets discovered.

Basic Information
The class appears to be LA, which is expected. In terms of its stats, it shares the same kind of stats as the Archer/Duskblade/Technician classes. I don't know what its primary damage stat is for the moment.

The icon for the new class:
W2HmITI.png

No confirmation on whether this class is gender-locked or not.

Weapon
It appears that the weapon type is named "棍棒" which translates to "stick", which is further evidence that this may be a Wukong kinda class.

This appears to be what the weapon may look like in-game. Note that the class holding it is NOT the new class, but a venomancer. This (and other images) got sent to me so I don't know their source.

Azff1Ro.jpeg

Here is an album of all the known weapon models so far (again, not my images): https://imgur.com/a/BRagUHL

Skills
There are some skills found in the client, but it looks like they're still a work-in-progress as they lack proper names and descriptions.

Below is a pastebin of the skills found so far. Feel free to translate if you want, but it's likely all of the contents will get changed in the future. Note: "%d" refers to a variable that's not hard-coded into the skill txt file.
https://pastebin.com/raw/zpiuLPvd
Post edited by obielle on
Roxxannae - Twilight Temple

Comments

• sumucheng#4456 sumucheng Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 8
    Okay, HEAVY DISCLAIMER HERE.

I'm just guessing, these skills are not descriptive, so I'm using a mix of rough translations and what I remember from watching Journey to the West. The real skills are probably vastly different from this chart I made, it's fun to speculate while we wait. This new class is going to be Untamed, so there's a human form and a "monkey" form transformation like barb/venos.

JttW: Journey to the West, the Chinese Epic that SunWukong is from.
    SWK: SunWukong from JttW, one of the protagonists. Also known as "Monkey King". Wukong from league is based on this character. Also Goku from DBZ.

pB3ltMt.png

Click this picture for the last skill:
    https://imgur.com/7lgwXsn

edit - some after thoughts here:
    Nimbus cloud sounds like a jumping/teleport skill
    Great Sage of Heavens sounds like a passive
    Post edited by sumucheng#4456 on
  • asterelleasterelle 🦝🧁🐍🎀🔥🤹🥶🌟🌸🧢🏹 Posts: 860 Arc User
    It would be weird if they don't add a second class, I'm guessing a HA tideborn? When this happened last time it took 9 months for the new classes to arrive in PWI from the time they were first detected in PWCN. Expect this stuff to come to PWI in Early / Mid 2022.
  • puangi#2208 puangi Posts: 17 Arc User
    West: Is this an out of season April fools joke?
    CN: Don't you guys not have credit cards and stimulus checks saved up?
  • I hope they fix this gender-locked untamed classes. It would be cool to see a male venomancer with different tail or a female barbarian.

There's also this untamed transformation where you chose a wolf design on your barb and yet when you use your transform skill, it's either going to transform you to panda or tiger. Similar issue with venomancer, there are different types of designs such as dog, bunny, devil, etc. and yet you transform to fox.
  • heero200heero200 🇭elper 🇪xtraordinary 🐲💯 Posts: 4,380 Community Moderator
    Interesting, Will keep my eye on this.

Thanks.​​
  • franciscorn94franciscorn94 Posts: 8 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    It would be weird if they don't add a second class, I'm guessing a HA tideborn? When this happened last time it took 9 months for the new classes to arrive in PWI from the time they were first detected in PWCN. Expect this stuff to come to PWI in Early / Mid 2022.

hope they make HA tideborn with trident like Aquaman :3