Is this game still worth playing in 2020?

How is the current population? Is it still purely pay to win? Do I need crazy amount of grinding to ever progress?

Comments

• ciccopasto#7735
    ciccopasto#7735 Posts: 20 Arc User
    PWI is completely PayToWin if you want to be be competitive in PVP.

if instead you are interested in PVE, you may find fun and a good pastime
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    PWI is completely PayToWin if you want to be be competitive in PVP.
    if instead you are interested in PVE, you may find fun and a good pastime
    Totally true however on TS server every character that is 'white named' will stay in save zone. That's including the ones who spend thousands of Dollars on armor, weapon, skills, mount etc. and most of the time I don't see any PvP activity. The only real activity is world-chat. :s Made a faction just for PvP using F2P characters, hoping for some fun while not playing quests/making money.

edit (as a comment for the message below): It would be time for you to actually learn to play. You need money drops for repairs or cleaning the homestead. Again: we don't need stuff from the Boutique, stuff that came from packs or better, stuff that is sold by other people.

Post edited by sjampie on
  • gimpeline
    gimpeline Posts: 22 Arc User
    Its purly pay to win. You cant even use the money that drops ingame anymore. Everything you get from quests is bound.
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    gimpeline wrote: »
    Its purly pay to win. You cant even use the money that drops ingame anymore. Everything you get from quests is bound.

you can use the silver coins to make money, just need to farm stuff you can use it on and sell this
  • bacalamana#9124
    bacalamana#9124 Posts: 9 Arc User
    [quote="alphadevil1991;c-12771660"][quote="gimpeline;c-12771541"]Its purly pay to win. You cant even use the money that drops ingame anymore. Everything you get from quests is bound.[/quote]

you can use the silver coins to make money, just need to farm stuff you can use it on and sell this[/quote]

This is not a good method of course
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User

Hasn’t been a good game to get into since 2015 if you ask me. Every major update makes it harder on new players.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • adrienaaaaac#1054
    adrienaaaaac#1054 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Im a returning old player. If you are only for the PVE i find this game great to be honest, Fast leveling and if you learn to make a bit of coin which is not hard at all you are set. I really enjoy the game so far. I just rb in only 10 days. Quest with gear progression. Doing dome dailies to get more gear. PVE wise i really enjoy it. If you ar in PVP get ready to spend a lot. A LOT to be end-game. Not worth it. If you play this casually and make some friends, do some dungeons, i strongly believe its a great experience.
  • pigments8
    pigments8 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Im a returning old player. If you are only for the PVE i find this game great to be honest, Fast leveling and if you learn to make a bit of coin which is not hard at all you are set. I really enjoy the game so far. I just rb in only 10 days. Quest with gear progression. Doing dome dailies to get more gear. PVE wise i really enjoy it. If you ar in PVP get ready to spend a lot. A LOT to be end-game. Not worth it. If you play this casually and make some friends, do some dungeons, i strongly believe its a great experience.

Thats not true. Most of the players are Rank 9 by now. Even with their alts R9 as well. and it might sound silly, but if they find out your not Rank 9 as well they wont even speak to you. Basically out of the 50-70 or so players left on each server, you have to already be an established name before they "waste" their time even speaking to you. First thing they'll ask is" who is your main"

There is much better options for making friends or PVE gameplay than this broken shell of a mmorpg. It is a complete lie to say anyone else is PVE'ing with you as well. The playerbase has reduced drastically and the ones who are still left are all connected in one way or another. I highly advise any brand-new players to not even start with pwi. This is not a personal opinion but a intellectual one. Anyone who tells you otherwise is damage controlling. Probably with the hopes of keeping the game on life support.
  • inferuz#7764
    inferuz#7764 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Answer:
    • No, the game is the not worth playing in 2020

Reasons:
    • combat is clunky
    • heavily pay-to-win
    • PvE end game instances are not new player friendly
    • no interaction between the company and the playerbase ever since kalyst left

There are other games out there that is much better than this one. Free-to-play games tends to be pay-to-win in the long term so it's much better to play subscription based or buy-to-play games.

Game Recommendations:
    • if you're not into these games and still want to play perfect world
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • inferuz#7764
    inferuz#7764 Posts: 3 Arc User
    @heero200 Is it really that bad to post other games for the person who posted this topic to see and knows that there are more options to choose from other than this game or is there a rule I'm not aware of regarding this matter?
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    @heero200 Is it really that bad to post other games for the person who posted this topic to see and knows that there are more options to choose from other than this game or is there a rule I'm not aware of regarding this matter?

Yes, your not allowed to mention non Arc games.

To be fair it's not a massive rule break so I don't give warnings for it unless it's constantly happens. I'll just snip it out.

Thanks.
  • cosmorcx#5224
    cosmorcx#5224 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would say it's a fun way to pass the time. Population is mediocre but you still come into contact with other players. I just jumped back on after almost 10 years away and I'm enjoying my time.