Is there any point gearing up? - SINS NEED A NERF

Options

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »
    A good start would be making Shadow Escape cost a spark instead of generating one

This!!! +100000

@dblazen1 But, But, But...kaly said she was talking to them about version specific stuff... QQ I know it's most likely in vein...but welp, I will still try.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    sontzu wrote: »
    A good start would be making Shadow Escape cost a spark instead of generating one

This!!! +100000

@dblazen1 But, But, But...kaly said she was talking to them about version specific stuff... QQ I know it's most likely in vein...but welp, I will still try.

It'd be nice if it's going to be done, but it would give them a lot of overhead, with the possibility of this version eventually being neglected.
    Unless they're going to hire localisation people to do it, but how likely is that at this point
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options
    another option would be removing or weaken def charms. they made my class - and probably nearly ever magic class pretty much useless, by the time i can finally deal full damage on a target(5th hit in a row), he will either CC me, run to africa, stealth or simply charmtick or have new def charm applying..
  • cucujanu
    cucujanu Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    I always wonder why people say *China doesnt have this problem*.
    Even if their standard gear is r8 , that means they also fighting R8 people. So its the same as here.
    Here R9 v R9 there R8 v R8.

The whole sin issue is totally idiotic. I am a R9 AA class , with +11 refines everything, 90 def lvl, reborn cf set, ok starchart, all passives, 32k hp bla bla. I am not OP but more then OK geared. In arena a average sin ( i am not talking those OP NP sins, really average) jumps on me, pops out of stealth and one shots me ( not even got dmg log ) right at start.
    Nobody can tell me that this is how it is supposed to be. Thats just stupid.
    And dont tell me it is because of my bad gameplay. There is no gameplay. One shot is one shot. Nothing can counter it.
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    Main gripe I have with sins is their tidal buff. Makes exploiting the one vulnerability the sins are supposed to have - being a glass cannon and dying whenever locked down - a pain to do. Tidal should have a proc cooldown, so that when it evades a status, it can't evade another for a second or 3. But yea, sins and dusks have way too many perks in pvp. It shows in the arena scores as well - if there's any proof of class OPness, the statistics are there.
    For both classes: Their damage is fine, their survivability needs to be neutered. Heavily.
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    @cucujanu Yes, it is stupid and it needs to be fixed. Too many sin-mains will QQ and keep arguing until the end of time. Even the most logical arguments like: "No other class could possibly do this." or "Any other class you could at least CC, Debuff, Kill quickly." - are being totally neglected. It hurts my brain just thinking about that ._.
  • nociro
    nociro Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    cucujanu wrote: »
    I always wonder why people say *China doesnt have this problem*.
    Even if their standard gear is r8 , that means they also fighting R8 people. So its the same as here.
    Here R9 v R9 there R8 v R8.

Because of how well the sins scale with gear.

So if you have 1 of each class standing on a line next to eachother that all have equal gears, the higher all those gears will be upgraded, the more sins starts to be ahead of rest them.

That is why a R9 sin fighting R9 people are more succesful than a R8 sin fighting R8 people.
    & the sin benefits the most from NP

---

Imo the Lifehunter shouldnt be 2x attacks. Its **** how easily they can get rid of def charms.
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    @nociro Yap, I do have several chars with equal gears, in fact, my sin still is the worst geared of them all yet he vastly outperforms each of them in any scenario already. I get killed easily by max endgame people, that's true..but don't get me started what those ppl do to my other chars :D

Life Hunter is only an issue if you use it correctly, trust me, the fact that it's 2 attacks is the least of it's OP-ness. I've been actually training to perfect the handling of that skill and trust me..the possibilities are mind-numbing :D
  • nociro
    nociro Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @jsxshadow honestly theres a ton things thats annoying with sins, can talk forever about where they should be nerfed. Life hunter is just one of those that really bothers me personally as a veno, because any class need to either time or think a little about how they should kill my monkey, while sin just kills it without even have to think about it due to double hits (easy deaden tick bypass). monkey play an important role in smaller scale pvp for a veno, for both offense and defense.
    In general I think I have an excellent pet control, but sins just simply dont have to think about it at all.
  • inzain93
    inzain93 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Options
    Make attack/defense charms unavailable to sins.
    Nerf the base damage on the dagger/saber weapons.
    Remove Spirit Blackhole from g17 dagger and saber.
    Increase the cooldown on Tidal Protection/Focused Mind to 5 minutes. (We have Lv. 100 skills that are much weaker than tidal with 5 minute cooldowns.)
  • jacobsrevenge
    jacobsrevenge Posts: 61 Arc User
    Options
    lots of people in every server have sin. and mostly they roll and change their main to sin.. if they nerf it, its not assassin anymore... imagine if all assassin main quits. it would be a ghost and empty server..
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    inzain93 wrote: »
    Make attack/defense charms unavailable to sins.
    Nerf the base damage on the dagger/saber weapons.
    Remove Spirit Blackhole from g17 dagger and saber.
    Increase the cooldown on Tidal Protection/Focused Mind to 5 minutes. (We have Lv. 100 skills that are much weaker than tidal with 5 minute cooldowns.)

Yes to attack/def charms (but only double tick def charms).

Yes, it would be best to remove SB from g17, since that is just pure stupidity in all forms of PvP and grants way too many advantages. Purge should be a limited mechanic.

Yes to further increasing the Cooldown of Tidal, however, a real fix of the skill would be even better. they can leave it the way it is as long as tidal gets changed so that it lets Paralyze and purge through 100%. That would already fix everything that's wrong about tidal. Then at least a BM/Duskblade can control the sin and stop them from running around freely with tidal on.
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    Options
    remove all the defense charms, game will be so much better.​​
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    tabaloul wrote: »
    remove all the defense charms, game will be so much better.​​

I disagree. Defensive charms enable you to withstand even the strongest of players for a short while and if you are good enough, you can even beat them in a 1v1. If they remove def charms completely...a nuema portal Psy just need to trip spark/ulti and throw random AOEs around and everything just dies...nah, that would be horrible.
  • jovaniguiamsj12
    jovaniguiamsj12 Posts: 4 New User
    edited December 2017
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA All I got to say is "WE GOT REKT BY 1 Assassins (GENESIS-Something (Don't know how to spell his name) Give The Kid's Some Credit because there are so many great Assassins gears out there and No one out performance this one. Ya making a whole thread about Assassins. If you guy's think 1vs2, 1vs3, 2vs3 whatever ya want to call it. If it easy for an Assassins then why not seeing other Assassins doing this? Bunch of QQer's not going to make Pwi nerf Sins. If That Assassins Didnt Do well in 3vs3 Arena Im 100% Positive This thread wouldn't have been created. So Stop QQ's About Assassins.

PS:Most QQer's Are from CRISISISISISISISIS LOLOLOLOLOL Get rekt!
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    @jovaniguiamsj12 Thanks for pointing that out. The assassin in question isnt even particularly good, which makes the whole point if this thread legit.

Other classes with that gear like Dragoonz, nemki, etc..they can barely win 1v1 vs anyone and that less-than-average sin goes out and beats people 1v3. That's all ppl need to know when they wanna get sins nerfed.
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA All I got to say is "WE GOT REKT BY 1 Assassins (GENESIS-Something (Don't know how to spell his name) Give The Kid's Some Credit because there are so many great Assassins gears out there and No one out performance this one. Ya making a whole thread about Assassins. If you guy's think 1vs2, 1vs3, 2vs3 whatever ya want to call it. If it easy for an Assassins then why not seeing other Assassins doing this? Bunch of QQer's not going to make Pwi nerf Sins. If That Assassins Didnt Do well in 3vs3 Arena Im 100% Positive This thread wouldn't have been created. So Stop QQ's About Assassins.

PS:Most QQer's Are from CRISISISISISISISIS LOLOLOLOLOL Get rekt!

We get it, you are most likely a sin and in love with a certain sin. But you don't need to post from multiple accounts on same thread.

Of course sins don't want to see a nerf. They chose the sin class for that exact reason. Sin has been the OP class since in PWI since 2012? People who chose to play sin did it for a reason. The same reason pwi is forcing upon the rest of. That reason is, you can't compete unless you're a sin. You don't need skill to press 1 skill and hit 5x, blasting through def charms, bypassing hp charms and allowing zero time for any possibly counter.

This is the same dilemma all non sins face now. Do we re roll to sins, knowing that the game will no longer be challenge aside from against other sins or do we continue to be absolutely destroyed by sins.

For those who have knowledge of pwi and aren't just obsessed fanboys, think back in history. Think back to the most OP toon on your server at that time. Was there ever a time when the most OP toon on your server that wasn't a sin could kill at ease, multiple players of similar top end gear? No. In the aps era it was possible, and now it is once again. Any other OP toon had it's downfalls, in a group you could easily neutralize them. Sins have zero downfall whatsoever.

Try fighting some time in group pvp, with no sins on either side. The fight is truly fun and entertaining and lasts longer then 2mins.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    @jovaniguiamsj12 Thanks for pointing that out. The assassin in question isnt even particularly good, which makes the whole point if this thread legit.

Other classes with that gear like Dragoonz, nemki, etc..they can barely win 1v1 vs anyone and that less-than-average sin goes out and beats people 1v3. That's all ppl need to know when they wanna get sins nerfed.

I havent actually gotten to play with gene much myself due barely doing arena(And being nowhere his rating) but I have talked to ppl who fight him often. From the sound of it he is brilliant when it comes to this game, sure his gear is absolutely ridiculous but you dont see other sins doing what he is doing. The level of insight he has is just insane.

I wouldnt use Gene as an example for sins OPness or lack of OPness though. The guy has the gear, the class and the brains to do what he does, which is pretty rare. The problem is the average +12 dags, deity sins with Morai/WS set dealing insane dmg numbers on ppl who outgear them. Heck, sins can even go jades on their gear and still be destroy ppl with their insane dmg.

My fixes for sins would be nerfing life hunter, elimination, removing chill and nerfing tidal to 50%. It would remove the stupid super dmg from sins, it would nerf tidal a bit while I do actually agree sins kinda needing tidal its still too powerful with the increased cd. Remove tidal completely and given them nothing and sins just become worse version of DBs.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • hiitsmeguys
    Options
    This thread isn't about skill. Ask yourself this. If an archer(for example) was NP rb2, full lvl 10 glyphs, 10 stat chart of best possible stats ever. g17r5 weapon of every proc. Serenity's/devils. And was the most skilled player to ever grace PWI with their presence.

Would they kill a top 3v3 team, 1v3? Would the kill the average NP sin 1v1?

• jacobsrevenge
    Options
    If an archer(for example) was NP rb2, full lvl 10 glyphs, 10 stat chart of best possible stats ever. g17r5 weapon of every proc. Serenity's/devils. And was the most skilled player to ever grace PWI with their presence.

if u knw what to do and how to counter any class... the answer is

Yes
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    Options
    @blazerboy Yap, people are still being delusional. That's basically it.

I've had enough tho. Since the sin isn't a class that is getting loads of 1v1 anyways: I will gear up my sin for real. Once that is done I will obliterate any player in the entire game, might it be 3v3, mass-PvP or 1v1 and show people how broken that class trully is. They accuse me of abusing the "gear disadvantage"-card? They will soon (at least 6 months tho to be considered endgame + purge weap ofc) see how true that statement was. I will do whatever it takes to get the assassin class nerfed to decent levels.

I am 100% sure you wont obliterate anyone, You wont ever get 2200+ score, U will just stay as average as you are now.
  • hiitsmeguys
    Options
    This thread isn't about skill. Ask yourself this. If an archer(for example) was NP rb2, full lvl 10 glyphs, 10 stat chart of best possible stats ever. g17r5 weapon of every proc. Serenity's/devils. And was the most skilled player to ever grace PWI with their presence.

I'll tell u how this plays out for the archer and any other class aside from sins.

The archer immunes to avoid incoming paralyze and DD. Archer tries desperately to kill one person while he/she is immune. The person the archer is attacking immunes. The archers immunity runs out. The archer is jumped paralyzed/purged and has all of a split second to prolong the fight 5 more seconds if they manage to hit AD before they drop.
  • jacobsrevenge
    Options
    try to make a sin. and see it for yourself, like Joe doin right now. class is not easy pick to play. u need a brain and $ for it b4 u cry endlessly.
  • hiitsmeguys
    Options
    try to make a sin. and see it for yourself, like Joe doin right now. class is not easy pick to play. u need a brain and $ for it b4 u cry endlessly.

Oh you're back on this account now :*:*
  • jsxshadow
    Options

Nope, lol? I have easily invested 12b in my sin already and I wanna see a nerf. Now, best if already yesterday.

Sin is easy af. Don't think I will be blinded by this just because ppl realized how squishy my fishy is and simply all out focused me. I still managed to beat squad with it in my squad that vastly outgear us, so that alone speaks volumes.

@thetruesinsz Hell, Gene isn't even interrupting Life Hunter yet y'all think he is that great. DW, I have already mastered many techniques over the past few days and will show you the full potential of this class pretty soon. Once I hit a certain level of tankieness with the sin there is no stopping that char anymore UNLESS (cause I am not delusional) other sins have more zerk-luck on me.

Honestly, the average sin vs sin PvP video you can find on 99% of the youtube sin channels are stupid damage races with minimal CC and are purely decided by luck (or the person that finds the trip spark button more often and luckily evades some deadly CC with it which is still beginner level).

Once my sin has reached a certain gear level (+ purge weap) and kitashis gear closes in on endgame..chances are big that we will reach those points. Why? Because we can still improve insanely in terms of gear whilst the majority of the top squads is already capped out or close to being capped out in terms of gears. Your deduction skills are underwhelming, so you are not really qualified to make any calls at all. Sorry.

@saxroll That's a contradiction tho. Any player with a decent understanding of this game and a decent skill-level wouldn't even think about gearing a character like that. Also add on top that he was dumb enough to use 3rd party bots for 3v3 (have enough footage to get him banned forever btw)...I can't even begin to dream that he is a decently intelligent being.
  • misanno
    misanno Posts: 53 Arc User
    Options
    sins also do extra damage from a stealth attack. its like a buff sins get, that isnt an actual buff,
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options

@saxroll That's a contradiction tho. Any player with a decent understanding of this game and a decent skill-level wouldn't even think about gearing a character like that. Also add on top that he was dumb enough to use 3rd party bots for 3v3 (have enough footage to get him banned forever btw)...I can't even begin to dream that he is a decently intelligent being.

Wait what? Gearing up sin massively = idiotic now? Its no less silly than gearing up any other class - if you have the time/money/energy to do it, why not? Not everybody is interested in some sort of 1vs1 life where overgearing opposition might make things boring.

I am not gonna go into argument bout bots as thats not exactly my specialty - I know a person who plays 2 toons at same time to a level where ppl assume its 2 different players though. He could bot, he could be amazing in multitasking, doesnt really matter to me.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • jsx10000
    jsx10000 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    @saxroll nah, thats not the point. Pretty skilled people in literally every aspect of existence tend to not go too overboard ln the advantage, normally its the disasvantages (if compatively in any regard). How will you show or rather how can you determine if anyone is good at something when he literally doesnt challenge himself in any regard? Stacking advantage lnto yourself until things get rediculous kinda rules that out completely, at least in this case.

I have loads of haters myself, but I am not that. I am not jealous in the slightest of him. If I wanted I could have a char with his gears now, easily. However, I, as one of the few, already have insane feats documented on my channel with so many disadvantages stacked against me and yet I still prevailed, most of the time. I dont have anything to prove for myself..but I will prove how dumb this class is and if I need genes gear for that, welp, so be it.
  • hiitsmeguys
    Options
    Let's no forget this thread isn't just about 1 sin. 4 of the top 5 3v3 teams have a NP sin, the other team has a maxed out sin only missing the NP. This is not a coincidence. If gear is what matters, then why in the top 5 teams is there no NP toons of any other class?
This discussion has been closed.