09/19 PWCN expansion release, fantasy theme park

Comments

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Finally updated my client. I see the two new glyph skills on the skill page (each of the 3 sections have 4 skills now) but there's still only 6 slots. Do we need the chinese skill descriptions or is everyone happy with the current translations? Anything I should look into?​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @asterelle can you please do the duskblade and stombringer skills agian there was certain translations that were a bit off thank you. Also, can you let me now which set bonus each skill belong to?
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Post edited by mars19 on
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @mars19 using google translate on phone messes up the translation? When you first did it, it was organized now looks like a cluster**** xD but can you label which set each skill goes? I wanna know which set bonus they belong to
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • mars19
    Shadow prey=Martial Prowess. Blinging moment=Tiger' Rage.
    Мощь=Martial Prowess. Мудрость=Dragon's Might. Храбрость=Tiger's Rage.
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    Well, for those interested in war avatar card crafting. In your War Avatar menu there is a new option where you can select S cards and it asks for the mats to craft for each S card. They also added lots more rewards for the new faction trials which include B-S packs etc. The carnival system is fun it is a bunch of minigames for quests.

Also, it seems like there is a big pvp tournament right now going on in pwcn and they hired professional streamers and casters to commentate on it. I guess they are making this expansion a big release event.
  • asterelle
    Mel has released a video (Russian) showcasing the new content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seBAvoQkbxQ

He enters the new area at around 34 minutes in. Anyone see anything particularly interesting?
    ​​
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    @asterelle Are there any news yet about changes that have been made between the test-version of this update and the Live one? People rumored that they have changed the paralyze duration for BMs Dragon Rising from 6 to 7 to make the upgrade even considerable. Would be nice to see if they "fixed" some other stuff too.
  • asterelle
    @zombiemaster123
    Unfortunately I was unable to download the test client version this time so I can't make a direct comparison of all the changes that occurred between the test client and official release.

Looking up Dragon Rising though I see the paralyze is indeed 7s there.
    60WJHgM.png
    ​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Is that with a specific glyph? I still see a "5" in the picture you posted as well, which supposedly are what it would be upgraded without glyph.
    I feel like its still not worth it...
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Is that with a specific glyph? I still see a "5" in the picture you posted as well, which supposedly are what it would be upgraded without glyph.
    I feel like its still not worth it...

For Sage it is definitely worth upgrading. the 5 is the basic Paralyze duration and the 7 symbolizes the duration when used with Hammers/Axes. Also has a lower chi cost and seems to be without any glyph bonus attached..wonder if it can get even beyond 7 seconds with a specific glyph.
  • asterelle
    edited September 2017
    Here's the raw pastebin of the new skills if anyone is curious:

https://pastebin.com/raw/QK77HN9Z

I think we already have adequate translations though. There were a few other scattered changes that looked like what was already reported: buffed mystic ultimate, bm ulti getting 20% per hit, pantheon blessing giving 10mp/s 10hp/s instead of 20mp/s... etc.

If you want to run your own diff (the online ones I tried to use crapped out) here are the entire files (large)
    Before: http://p.ip.fi/DbtZ
    After: http://p.ip.fi/uoAb
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Dragon Rising reads as a 5 second paralyze.

Axes: its 7 seconds instead.
    Poleblade: Bleeds target for 6 seconds dealing 600% weapon damage.
    Sword: Increase channeling of non-player targets by 50% and player targets by 100% for 10 seconds.

Costs 80 chi.

Demon loses 0.5 seconds paralyze
    Sage loses the 35% chance to have it cost 0 chi.
    The damage stays identical.

The only glyph that interacts with Axes seems to be the Argent glyph which adds some weapon damage. The other glyphs are for swords/poleblade. That might get changed too though, I hope it will.
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Anything in the update not realated to skills perchance...?
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Oh, something I noticed while leveling a new toon on CN server as I was being impatient and the server my toon was at didnt get the expansion at first. The starting zone got revamped pretty nicely, the xp gain is massively better in quests and the amount of quests got reduced as a result. The whole process is a lot faster and more enjoyable imo.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    Anybody here knows about 2nd Arigora weekly quest they have on CN or can check how many arena coins per each rank tab you can craft ?
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Just curious... Why does Ru have these fact's before PWE?.
  • asterelle
    wettstyle wrote: »
    Just curious... Why does Ru have these fact's before PWE?.

RU's player base is a lot more fanatical than us. Their forum thread on this expansion is like hundreds of pages long.
    Ours is on page 5.
    ​​
  • suggestionman#1119
    suggestionman#1119 Posts: 39 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Dragon Rising reads as a 5 second paralyze.

Axes: its 7 seconds instead.
    Poleblade: Bleeds target for 6 seconds dealing 600% weapon damage.
    Sword: Increase channeling of non-player targets by 50% and player targets by 100% for 10 seconds.

Costs 80 chi.

Demon loses 0.5 seconds paralyze
    Sage loses the 35% chance to have it cost 0 chi.
    The damage stays identical.

The only glyph that interacts with Axes seems to be the Argent glyph which adds some weapon damage. The other glyphs are for swords/poleblade. That might get changed too though, I hope it will.

After watching a 30 FPS vid frame by frame, demon dragon rising is already 7s and not 7.5s
    I did the same with roar and got exactly 6s so the difference in length noticed for dragon rising is not due to latency.
    So there is no loss by upgrading.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Here are my thoughts that nobody asked for:

The idea of a theme park where players can play mini-games and have fun regardless of gear is really nice. It's even better that you can actually win items from this. Admittedly, most of them seem to be cosmetic items, which is fine because this is a theme park, not a dungeon for farming gear, but there were A and S packs there too so that's something.

I just think a theme park like this should have been a nice additional feature of the expansion, not the main attraction. Did we really need an entire region of a theme park? After people explore the park and/or get their desired rewards, most of them will ignore its existence. It just feels like a lot of wasted effort, which they could have invested into something more beneficial to the game.

Well, I love the fact that they revamped Faction Bases and Trials to give them a purpose again. Faction Trials were some of my favourite things to do in PWI. The only concern is whether the Trials will be worth the time/trouble to do in PWI and whether they can create a new market or not. I'm sure the rewards will be character bound, but maybe there will be trade-able versions as well. It could be something for players to farm, but considering the latest changes I won't hold my breath.

New Glyph skills and some skill changes... I'll just enjoy testing the new Venomancer ones, and accept whatever imbalance these new skills and changes may bring. I can't be bothered to care about balance in PWI. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ​​
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Thank's Asterelle:)
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Here are my thoughts that nobody asked for:

The idea of a theme park where players can play mini-games and have fun regardless of gear is really nice. It's even better that you can actually win items from this. Admittedly, most of them seem to be cosmetic items, which is fine because this is a theme park, not a dungeon for farming gear, but there were A and S packs there too so that's something.
    Any details on the prizes? Pics of cosmetic stuff?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Any details on the prizes? Pics of cosmetic stuff?

Too lazy to dig up the SS but here is the list:

1 pink coin + 200k = 1 gold coin.
    1 white coin + 100k = 1 gold coin.
    All coins are bound. Coins are won from the park rides/games depending on your performance in them. Probably best performance equals gold coins and lowest reward is pink coins. Not confirmed, just speculation.

You need "tickets" to participate in these rides/games. You get some from a daily quest in the park or something like that. Or perhaps you can participate in rides/games any time but can't get rewards if you don't use a ticket.

* Pet 480 gold coins. (Venomancer pet??)
    * Fashion sets 160 gold coins. (Most likely the General Summer (suit) and Empress Astrid (maid) outfits.)
    * All-class pets 160 gold coins.
    * Second row all 20 gold coins. (Don't know what they are.)
    * B-S pack 40 gold coins. C-A pack 8 gold coins.
    * Pots HP/MP 3 gold coins per 100 pieces.
    * Yellow dye 3 gold coins. White 12 gold coins. Blue 2 gold coins. Pale pink 10gold coins. Orange 1 gold coin. Pink 1 gold coin.
    ​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    The playground doesn't seem to be "catering to OP players". They do have a few items in there like War Avatar A and S as rewards but for the most part, they seemed to have stayed away from power stuff.

I don't know RU's schedule but yes, we've received the patchnotes already. However, no test build, so can't confirm what's written in the patchnotes. Usually we don't get much deviation, but I like to see what's in there before being sold on anything features wise.

I think generally the reason why there isn't much discussion is that maybe players don't feel like it's...safe? To discuss different versions and/or updates? Personally, I've gotten more lax about it as long as it's not pservers *cough cough*.

If players still like talking/speculating/talking about the expansion, would pinning this help? :)
  • wibles
    wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
    I realize discussion of this update has somewhat cooled lately, but I was interested to know if, now that it's been out in CN for a bit of time, anyone had any info on the new faction trials, their difficulty, the requirements for them, and the rewards? Since mats from those will be needed in the new S Card crafting system, these will probably be pretty useful.
  • mars19
    edited November 2017
    wibles wrote: »
    I realize discussion of this update has somewhat cooled lately, but I was interested to know if, now that it's been out in CN for a bit of time, anyone had any info on the new faction trials, their difficulty, the requirements for them, and the rewards? Since mats from those will be needed in the new S Card crafting system, these will probably be pretty useful.
    All 10 bosses.
    https://youtu.be/PnN8p0J6AkM
  • wibles
    wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
    Thanks so much, you're the best.