The Challenge of Champions Redux

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    As I am going to try my best shot soon again on my Storm I just gotta say one thing in regard of all that glitching and shet. Video or didnt happen. Post a video of your full, competitive run, including all errors, resets, everything or **** off. I will do that and lets see if anyone can post a legit video, showcasing a better time than me. Good luck :D If its gotta be 20h long then its gotta be 20h long. I Dont friggin care.

So. Video or your time didnt happen. I could also glitch and then state would I could've possibly done to achieve said time and wait decently after the reset before finishing it so that all falls into place perfectly :D Video is the only way to prove it. DO IT. JUST DOOO IT.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Expecting everyone to have a hardware that can store that much?
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Expecting everyone to have a hardware that can store that much?

Record 10 rooms, compress, upload somewhere - record 10 rooms, compress, upload somewhere - record 10 rooms.... :D
    I don't expect everyone will bother tho x)
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Yep, that's way too much work for a competition....
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Might as well not bother participating if you have to do all that work. tiger-27.gif Well, I certainly lost interest in it, not that I had much motivation to participate in it to begin with.​​
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    @neodaystar does the non-pet version of the timer glitch you referenced actually let you record an impossible time? I tested the standard list of ways to break stuff: filling quest log, filling inventory, using meditate, even using an all-class pet and various genie skills. You can certainly start the room without the timer running with this stuff but in all those cases the starter mob despawns and you can't get the quest to actually record the time... ​​
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    asterelle wrote: »
    @neodaystar does the non-pet version of the timer glitch you referenced actually let you record an impossible time? I tested the standard list of ways to break stuff: filling quest log, filling inventory, using meditate, even using an all-class pet and various genie skills. You can certainly start the room without the timer running with this stuff but in all those cases the starter mob despawns and you can't get the quest to actually record the time...

If the room is activating, I'm sure it can be done. Forexample in Challenge of the Elements, instead of killing the totems, you make all super low HP, then activating the timer so you get quest, and then 1-shot them all.
    The pet-way is the same. You dont have the quest while the timer is frozen, which is also a part why you cannot get 1 second on all glitch able rooms.
    edit: fox-39.gif did i misunderstood? oh well, not that I tried doing it without pet, but've heard these rumors for a while that non-pet classes can manage to do it as well..​​
  • neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    -removed-
    Post edited by neodaystar on
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    @booker27 ive played for a few years and sure most people know that - i dont know if pwi does. They need to rethink their strategy or accept defeat imo.

Regarding the bot, there absolutely is one. Just remember anything is possible.

On topic no one wants to have to record times to defend their entries into conests, or their account with pwi. In short if this is how gameplay in general is handled pwi will have the same result. People give up and decide its not worth.
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    any update here? estimations?
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    " Cross server records will be wiped and restart. We will have compensation for players who joined the events and entered into TOP 10 cross server rank."

May I ask 2 thing is it top 10 per class or overall?

And when are we getting compensation?
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • kurisukotze
    Can we pls have some1 look into that current nr1 spot GeneiLush (the mystic #uses pet) with such a time of 2h02mins just doesnt seem possible

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • unholyalll
    unholyalll Posts: 14 Arc User
    the ranking would have needed to be reset - more venos and mystics glitched now, in order to manage to reach the top 5...
    too late now.
  • jsxshadow
    edited January 2016
    I will attempt max time on 3 chars and post a video as evidence that I didnt glitch. As no one else seems to be wanting to put so much effort into this and hence cant prove that they legitimately done the run I guess that I win this event completely. Cheers.
  • iamnotfat
    iamnotfat Posts: 7 Arc User
    anyone that will attempt tower now, will not be able to compete.
    -doubledrops is over, which gave an advantage on the chest boss
    -spirit coins have been thankfully removed from event gold shop, but they gave an overall advantage of 105 spirit.

this is not just yet another event where cashshoppers will win (or does anyone think a nirvana recast +7 can compete with r9 recast +12 in there, not to mention the cards) but this event also has a great timing that favors the early bird. well, not too early. after all, event had to be reset due to a glich.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    You know you can just farm the items and then reset the floor.​​
  • kurisukotze
    iamnotfat said:

this is not just yet another event where cashshoppers will win (or does anyone think a nirvana recast +7 can compete with r9 recast +12 in there, not to mention the cards) but this event also has a great timing that favors the early bird. well, not too early. after all, event had to be reset due to a glich.

Im g16=5/6 gear (nirvana 3rd cast) and i use a morai qsm recasted weapon and I can compete with r999+12 its possible for all to do with morai weapon and more slaying level + atk lvl buff and increase phys/mag atk buff from heavenfall.

So all cash shoppers and none cash shoppers can do just as good a time if u put effort into it..

I think I have best g16 (nv3) time with 2 hours 52 mins and 10 secs ( not one piece of r9 yet ) plus once glitch problem fixed i will try beat this time to prove it as always :smile:

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    null
    @iamnotfat r9 gear isn't even the best gear for temple...I got my time (2h 40min (?)) Using a Morai wep and +0 oht gear...it's literally goes down to how many points you farm/amount of time you want t o spend reseting rooms and praying to RNGesus
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • jwbooth
    jwbooth Posts: 55 Arc User
    2:26 with a +0 moral weapon.. People need to stop complaining about gear..
  • fujimusume
    fujimusume Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm a veno and I use the Quick Sand Maze Morai recast weapon +8 refine which gives +70 slaying levels. I also use a "honeydew rice cake" that gives + 10 slaying levels for an hour + 2 A cards with slaying levels giving me a grand total of (84 slaying levels). 94 slaying levels if I use the Corona seal. I use at least 1 zooming thunder pot per room and pre cast triple spark for specific rooms. I farm room 1 400 times to max attack buffs before starting room 2.

I've completed the Heaven Fall instance every single week since it came out, learning all the legal moves and tips to improve my time. I still don't know how to glitch a room other than it involves a pet, but when a room accidently glitches I make sure I reset that room. This is a competition...

I also have a Harpy pet which has the (35% increased attack power) pet skill from faction base, sensitive mood with lvl 4 wraithslayer (25% more dmg to monsters) and Spirit Destroy which adds an additional (30% more dmg to monsters.)

Despite all I've done above, my current best time is 3:01:28 which lands me in 6th place for venos on cross server as of when I posted this. I still haven't gotten below 3 hours, although I know its probably possible to shave off 1-3 more minutes from my time by resetting certain rooms. I do know however, from my experience, that on average 2-3 rooms will accidently glitch per full heaven run using veno. If I had not reset those rooms that glitched my time will be much closer to the top 5 current veno times.

Sincerely,

Nuiko (Twilight Temple Veno)

P.S To be honest, I would much rather see this contest be cancelled and win nothing than to see cheaters win the competition. But, if your time is actually legit, then congrats! : )
  • jsxshadow

I'm a veno and I use the Quick Sand Maze Morai recast weapon +8 refine which gives +70 slaying levels. I also use a "honeydew rice cake" that gives + 10 slaying levels for an hour + 2 A cards with slaying levels giving me a grand total of (84 slaying levels). 94 slaying levels if I use the Corona seal. I use at least 1 zooming thunder pot per room and pre cast triple spark for specific rooms. I farm room 1 400 times to max attack buffs before starting room 2.

I've completed the Heaven Fall instance every single week since it came out, learning all the legal moves and tips to improve my time. I still don't know how to glitch a room other than it involves a pet, but when a room accidently glitches I make sure I reset that room. This is a competition...

I also have a Harpy pet which has the (35% increased attack power) pet skill from faction base, sensitive mood with lvl 4 wraithslayer (25% more dmg to monsters) and Spirit Destroy which adds an additional (30% more dmg to monsters.)

Despite all I've done above, my current best time is 3:01:28 which lands me in 6th place for venos on cross server as of when I posted this. I still haven't gotten below 3 hours, although I know its probably possible to shave off 1-3 more minutes from my time by resetting certain rooms. I do know however, from my experience, that on average 2-3 rooms will accidently glitch per full heaven run using veno. If I had not reset those rooms that glitched my time will be much closer to the top 5 current veno times.

Sincerely,

Nuiko (Twilight Temple Veno)

P.S To be honest, I would much rather see this contest be cancelled and win nothing than to see cheaters win the competition. But, if your time is actually legit, then congrats! : )

oehm...No. No way. Even if I sleep through the whole thing on any of my below listed chars...I always get below 3 HOURS or slightly around that time when I really really slack off. Competition here or there...you are clearly doing something wrong. Even if I try, I literally cant be slower than 3 hours anymore. thats impossible. That means giving no **** about chi, rushing from the beginning of the next room to the middle using my genie, wasting all my CD on what I see fit without waiting for CD to be reset. Check out the ranking for Joe and Reapa. Both current times have been achieved like that.

With the setup you are talking about...and some decent channeling gear ofc, you should be able to do 2:20 if you really give it your all. Legit ofc. Any class can. Each and every friggin class. If you can achieve around 2:20 on your class..well you are not doing it right then :D or you dont wanna put the effort, which is also very fine.

I will be uploading full runs on my Barb, Storm and Mystic. Legit ofc and I aim to get all of them under 2:20, maybe not the myst tho cause I have limited time. We'll see. Then you can see how to achieve better times :D
  • kurisukotze
    edited January 2016
    oehm...No. No way. Even if I sleep through the whole thing on any of my below listed chars...I always get below 3 HOURS or slightly around that time when I really really slack off. Competition here or there...you are clearly doing something wrong. Even if I try, I literally cant be slower than 3 hours anymore. thats impossible. That means giving no **** about chi, rushing from the beginning of the next room to the middle using my genie, wasting all my CD on what I see fit without waiting for CD to be reset. Check out the ranking for Joe and Reapa. Both current times have been achieved like that.

With the setup you are talking about...and some decent channeling gear ofc, you should be able to do 2:20 if you really give it your all. Legit ofc. Any class can. Each and every friggin class. If you can achieve around 2:20 on your class..well you are not doing it right then :D or you dont wanna put the effort, which is also very fine.

I will be uploading full runs on my Barb, Storm and Mystic. Legit ofc and I aim to get all of them under 2:20, maybe not the myst tho cause I have limited time. We'll see. Then you can see how to achieve better times :D
    He means for Veno I dont see a Veno as one of ur listed chars so why did u bother saying something, seems u always want to be best in the game "Mr Right"? and ofc we all try out best but not all like to glitch or put cash into game for better time. I cant seem to get less than 2h52m with Seeker atm probably cuz of my timezone and I never see less than 400m/s

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    joe at its best. its IMPOSSIBLE for venos man. (with legit methods)

edit: there was a third veno that glitched on Dawnglory now. and since i dont know how many more will come, i officially give this event up on my venomancer. i 100% doubt any of them above gets disqualified anyway, since the glitch doesnt appear in the log. congratz boys and girls..
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    As far as I know Nuiko has G16 Nirvana gear so he is missing some magic attack and channeling. If we nitpick further, his main weapon is not +12 either, so the pet is missing some attack power. Slaying levels don't affect pets so pets are not summoned with the Morai weapon (unless it was changed and I'm not aware of it). That would probably shave off some minutes.

I find it hard to believe any time of less than 2:40 or so to be legit for Venomancers in the current state of the game (things will change with updated skills, new weapons etc.). I may be wrong, of course, but considering the class is one of the slower ones in the tower... yeah. Unless there is some big non-glitching trick that some players discovered. Other classes got times of less than 3 hours much earlier than any Venomancer did. Some classes are naturally better at the tower than others.
  • jsxshadow

joe at its best. its IMPOSSIBLE for venos man. (with legit methods)

edit: there was a third veno that glitched on Dawnglory now. and since i dont know how many more will come, i officially give this event up on my venomancer. i 100% doubt any of them above gets disqualified anyway, since the glitch doesnt appear in the log. congratz boys and girls..

Well, excuse me. Some people always put things as if they were impossible. They put down the mood of so many people..discouraging them and all. I on the other hand do the opposite. Ofc its possible.

This game is one of the easiest of its kind and that you guys cant think of even the simplest and obvious strategies to get a great time is beyond me. Every decent veno with decent channeling gear can achieve 2:20 legitemately. The DMG the pets add is massive. I guess they could even achieve 2:10 if they go all out. 2:20 should be easy. -12% ring x2, Belt and neck is all you need with full r9, you could top it off with another piece of -12% chan wrists (OHT). LIke that...if you always pre-Spark and pre-farm all buffs (dunno if its even possible to farm that much but 20/20 both attack stats, 20 def lvl, 10 HP/pdef) and you fly through this.

Awww you don't have those gears? Well. Sorry for you. Stop spouting BS that it isnt possible when in reality you are just too bad to pull it off. I dont wanna put myself above others by no means and obviously I am not sooo good and especially not the best. You guys are just so bad. That's all. Determination, Baby.
  • kurisukotze
    But if you look its funny people who names never appeared or had very bad times ( pet classes ) all of a sudden on their 1st or 2nd or 3rd try jump to such impressive times, legit???

I mean my first was 8h+ with g16+8 slowly went down to 3h30m or so then once i got morai weap got close to 3h once i finally finished my qsm recast of morai i got under 3 hours with 2 months of hard work each week trying to improve of my time!

I say best to end event or take old times before the first veno got impossible time most of those were probably legit as I have seen same names improve in their time back then . . .

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • jsxshadow
    Here is my run to prove my time of 2:20:43:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A282nFyPxrc&feature=youtu.be

Note: This wasnt my best run possible cause unfortunatly I dont have as much time as I thought I would have at this time so I didnt reset everything to perfection. You can see that I could easily be 10 mins faster or even more if I would give it my very all.

I am the only one with proof atm. So...this means I am the winner, huh? :)
  • implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User
    So watching this,
    * Why do you reset buffs after every room? You're picking the same +atk / atk lvl buff all the time anyway
    * You hit the imp gut/dragons/ginseng fruit room at least 4 times just in rooms 1-8, howcome? Is this because you felt your time in that room wasn't good enough and so aborted before completing the room?
    * Is that the only way to redo a room for a better time? i.e. once you have a time recorded, its locked and you can't improve it? (I tested last week e.g. redoing room 9, getting a better time than the first time.. but my overall time didn't go down)
    * Why when you're trying to reset a room do you spam click the atk lvl button?
    * At 4:26 it looks like you just AOE the last group in the "kill the 3 monks" room... thereby killing one of the mobs you're supposed to protect. How does that not make the room fail?
  • shaiyrdren
    shaiyrdren Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I didn't watch the whole thing, but I think these should be accurate responses to your questions...

* Buffs are reset in the early rooms as with full attack buffs you'll one shot the imps/dragons/ginseng plants, which causes the little thing you need to push in to not spawn
    * Yes, the time wouldn't be good enough as basically a request popped up for a mob that wasn't very close to the energy tower
    * Yes, the only way to redo a room for a good time is to quit before you finish it
    * See point 1 for why he spam clicks the attack buttons
    * When you AoE the last mob group, the game completes the objective, then fails you. So you do "fail", but at that point it doesn't matter as you've completed the objective.
    Celestris - Twilight Temple
  • jsxshadow
    edited January 2016

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I think these should be accurate responses to your questions...

* Buffs are reset in the early rooms as with full attack buffs you'll one shot the imps/dragons/ginseng plants, which causes the little thing you need to push in to not spawn
    * Yes, the time wouldn't be good enough as basically a request popped up for a mob that wasn't very close to the energy tower
    * Yes, the only way to redo a room for a good time is to quit before you finish it
    * See point 1 for why he spam clicks the attack buttons
    * When you AoE the last mob group, the game completes the objective, then fails you. So you do "fail", but at that point it doesn't matter as you've completed the objective.

exactly.

BTW: Here is my Run with the Barb:

https://youtu.be/bFDJfUDpRR8

I know I know. Absolutely not perfect, loads of mistakes and messes but I seriously couldn't be bothered to reset everything to max yet again. Best time for Barbs ever so it is still ok. Yet a Barb can easily achieve 2:15 if not better as you can see. I say easily not because its no work at all..hell no, that would be a massive load of work depending on luck but as you can reset every room as many times as you want you can just push hard until you get perfect times.
    Post edited by jsxshadow on
This discussion has been closed.