The two new recent codes can potentially crash the coin and gold markets.

bangbang
bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Recently two codes were given to us to redeem Scout and Explorer packs. These two items contain tradeable items and players have already started to create hundreds of new accounts to spam the code. Inside these packs are Perfect Iron Hammers which can be redeemed for 1mil coins each and in some cases can even be redeemed for 10mil coins each.

Please remove these codes before the market takes a bigger hit than it already has. PWE will be losing out on a lot of gold business as well because of the free tradeable charms and expansion stones. Originally these items will cost you 2-9g ($2-$9) each and now they are all being given out FREE and they are all tradeable. I already spoke to some players who have stocked up over 200+ packs and don't expect to ever buy charms ever again. They have can even easily redeem all of these packs for 200m - 2b coins just by using the hammers alone.

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Its too late.
    The economy wont be afected that bad. Is not like you get 9mil for each toon on every acount. You get this ''kit'' things only 2 for 1 toon per acount.
    200+ packs? WTF? how many people with 200 acounts do yu think we have? not that many I believe. it insane to even have more than 10 acounts.
    giphy.gif

• kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    This has quite minimal impact on economy in general due to 1 redeem/code/account. If both codes were redeemed on 2000 accounts, that would bring 8bil coins into the server economy, one time only. Which pretty much equals to about 8 weeks' TW-rewards. And considering that BHs give averagely about 850k and BHs can be done on multiple toons per acc, this whole giveaway equals to max. 5 days' general income to server.

Whereas that 9mils could have been redeemable on 8 chars per acc, meaning 72mils per acc. 72mils vs 4mils... 4 mils ish nothing compared.tiger-9.gif
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    200+ packs? WTF? how many people with 200 acounts do yu think we have? not that many I believe. it insane to even have more than 10 acounts.

Bots to create accounts. Bots to open packs and trade. Everything is possible. Sadly.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • groovykat
    groovykat Posts: 48 Arc User
    People are getting temp IP bans for excessive signups so I don't think the impact is as malevolent as the OP is trying to make it sound.
    --
    103/103/102 demon cleric
    103/102/102 demon seeker
    100/100/100 demon veno

• darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I think that 200+ packs sounds kinda extreme 0_o, but like they say, never say never.

If there are people creating now many many accounts just for that, that is the problem and that should be restricted according to the rules.

Till the time of this post, I've seen only positives. Stones being sold at reasonable prices. It's a positive experience for me so far and I don't think that it will affect the economy badly since it's only 1 code per account.

Creating now multiple accounts (more than 2) is the problem. Not the reward per se, in my humble opinion.
    Post edited by darky26 on
  • shachou1987
    shachou1987 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Perfect iron hammer x4pcs. Thats all i got from the 2packs. And u need chest of coins that worth 300k atm. So 1perfect iron hammer only gives you 700kx4pcs=2.8millions. So i dont know how they can make 1m or even 10m per perfect iron hammer. Please explain. Thank you.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Perfect iron hammer x4pcs. Thats all i got from the 2packs. And u need chest of coins that worth 300k atm. So 1perfect iron hammer only gives you 700kx4pcs=2.8millions. So i dont know how they can make 1m or even 10m per perfect iron hammer. Please explain. Thank you.
    I've been saving the Chest of Coins since they removed the DQ Reward system. I've got a whole bunch.
    Also, as an old player, who used to be one of the major guide writers, I've got several accounts. (Lots of people have way more than me just for the purpose of abusing these types of giveaways.)

So, the math for me....
    4 Perfect Iron hammers per account.
    10 accounts (approx. I'd have to count to be certain.)
    That's an instant 40m for me, and only puts a small dent in the number of Chests I have.

Now consider the real abusers that have upwards of over 100 accounts.....​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I've been saving the Chest of Coins since they removed the DQ Reward system. I've got a whole bunch.
    Also, as an old player, who used to be one of the major guide writers, I've got several accounts. (Lots of people have way more than me just for the purpose of abusing these types of giveaways.)

So, the math for me....
    4 Perfect Iron hammers per account.
    10 accounts (approx. I'd have to count to be certain.)
    That's an instant 40m for me, and only puts a small dent in the number of Chests I have.

Now consider the real abusers that have upwards of over 100 accounts.....
    >Logging in 100+ accounts on arc to redeem 2 codes

Jesus **** some people have no lives.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• shachou1987
    shachou1987 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yeah, i get it. But haven't you think that not all has chest of coins? Specially the new accounts they created? And 100+ account is not possible, this is a game not a job.
  • forceofsoul
    forceofsoul Posts: 17 Arc User
    lock pls this is non sense. Pure jealousy bc he aint smart enough to use this situation in his advantage.
    I have only 4 accounts and i redeemed on every but i wanted to have them more because they give nice inventory and safe items that i need on many character. So i was buying them for 2-2.5mil each pack. Sold hammers because i dont have coins chests for 600k each and that like 1.2 mil return of money that i spend on packs.
    Extended inventory and bank is something that pwi shouldve put for free anyways bc without it its really hard to keep all the items that u need.
    Also many ppl like me who find this as "spend free time" game, not as live full 24/7 life in game, dont cash so this is good
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    Someone on DawnGlory was offering 48packs for sale last night.
  • sylenthunder
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, i get it. But haven't you think that not all has chest of coins? Specially the new accounts they created? And 100+ account is not possible, this is a game not a job.
    I know of at least two people that visit these forums who have admitted to having upwards of 150 accounts. To redeem all the codes, they just use a bot. AutoIT can make something like that fairly easy. Also remember, some of these kids apparently have nothing better to do with their time.

Now if you don't have the chests handy, you buy them up at 300k each. I'm not the only one hoarding them, and maybe I'll sell off some of the ones I don't use.
    That's 700k profit per chest. Now you're opening 400 chests....
    700kx400=280m

The issue isn't that everyone can do it. The issue is that some can abuse it.

Hell, I still have storage toons with nothing but house items, just in case they decide to go crazy and finally implement housing.

@forceofsoul This thread hasn't had any violations that would give me a reason to close it. It's an open discussion, and a valid one. Technically, it could be argued that it belongs in the Suggestion forum, but I'll leave it alone for now.​​

​​
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    What I don't understand is how PWE doesn't recognize when a player has dozens of accounts with the same IP.....or when they are multilogging from them all with the same IP...how can they not track this?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    What I don't understand is how PWE doesn't recognize when a player has dozens of accounts with the same IP.....or when they are multilogging from them all with the same IP...how can they not track this?
    Lack of manpower.

Technically speaking, there's a pretty easy bot already coded into the server that could detect this, but it's designed to track multiple IP's logged in at once and not consecutively.
    Just imagine if they turned it on....
    Everyone in a college dorm would likely be screwed if more than 7 or 8 people happened to play PWI.​​

​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,798 Community Moderator
    Lack of manpower.

Technically speaking, there's a pretty easy bot already coded into the server that could detect this, but it's designed to track multiple IP's logged in at once and not consecutively.
    Everyone in a college dorm would likely be screwed if more than 7 or 8 people happened to play PWI.​​

Something they should have had on from the start then something like this would not be a problem. If an account gets locked out then it could be for a few mins / if its continuous then it should lock it down until GMs review and the player can submit Info to support them self as single players. Harsh but if it had been der from the start it would not be an issue so much for them doing it now... Cant the Client also do something like this as in be able to tell how many Clients are running on one PC? Good place to start!

Just the other day I saw a player with 4 toons on follow clearly the same person as the name where similar even with reason that's still 5 toons logged in. I did not report it because I dont feel the GMs would look into it...
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Lack of manpower.

They don't need manpower to do this. They need Asterelle to write a bot program which could identify and temp ban anyone with more than the maximum allowed number of accounts created and opened per IP. Hell, they seem to auto ban people logging in on proxies well enough.
  • zigheart92
    zigheart92 Posts: 54 Arc User
    jadasia wrote: »
    Lack of manpower.

They don't need manpower to do this. They need Asterelle to write a bot program which could identify and temp ban anyone with more than the maximum allowed number of accounts created and opened per IP. Hell, they seem to auto ban people logging in on proxies well enough.

^ this, proxy ban is automatic. the problem with checking IP is that it can be a hotel, or college campus, the entire area would use one IP. so an IP ban means everyone in that area would be banned. and that's hardly fair. its also why PWI doesn't do IP bans for known scammers/hackers, not to mention its quite simple to change your IP address. as much as it would really help its not really an option. I wonder if they could however develop the client to check the mac address to the device your using. that's unique to the computer. again, not stopping anyone from changing the mac address, but i think it would be a deterrent.
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    banning those who abused this code will be extremely unfair.....remember the issue with the +10orbs?... those abusers are still free ,without any kind of punishment
  • Deceptistar
    Deceptistar Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    bangbang wrote: »
    Recently two codes were given to us to redeem Scout and Explorer packs. These two items contain tradeable items and players have already started to create hundreds of new accounts to spam the code. Inside these packs are Perfect Iron Hammers which can be redeemed for 1mil coins each and in some cases can even be redeemed for 10mil coins each.

Please remove these codes before the market takes a bigger hit than it already has. PWE will be losing out on a lot of gold business as well because of the free tradeable charms and expansion stones. Originally these items will cost you 2-9g ($2-$9) each and now they are all being given out FREE and they are all tradeable. I already spoke to some players who have stocked up over 200+ packs and don't expect to ever buy charms ever again. They have can even easily redeem all of these packs for 200m - 2b coins just by using the hammers alone.

ehm... perfect iron hammers are nice but its not like the chest of coins are laying around anywhere anytime no? With this current merger and things i doubt any server will have enough for all the 'abusers'. They're kinda almost extinct if not for those 'hoarders' who, aside from chests, have a bunch of other profitable things hoarded anyway. (really no different from merchants) I mean its available to get ingame if you try but its a darn hassle. Not unlike the good ol' days where chests where out like water, pple practically tossed them aside.

As far as charms are concerned, its a nice freebee for those new pple but i dont think the new pple would make a bazillion accounts to save charm. (Youd have to be pretty confident in staying in the game to put that much effort in, bot or not)
    Maybe the older players would, but the thing is, older players spammed DQ points up the hoohaa that most non-newbie players have event gold average of 1000-5000G. If your a TW crazy barb hefting HP upon HP, thats another story, but with past DQ event gold and frequent pwi codes that include plat charms. I would think most players are half drowning in charms just given from codes.

The rest of the trinkets dont seem to be that mind blowing as its not like those max capacity stones >> i mean seriously pple who really wanna make a profit from the endless hours used to get such sellable items, are gonna jack up the prices.... so as a buyer, its better waiting for a legit pwi max inventory sale.
    ​​
    lagunal8.deviantart.com I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... D:
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    alexanade wrote: »
    banning those who abused this code will be extremely unfair.....remember the issue with the +10orbs?... those abusers are still free ,without any kind of punishment

Not true, there are still people that are permabanned on Sanctuary/Twilight Temple from that.
  • advoc
    advoc Posts: 84 Arc User
    I just sold the 173 chests at 400k on my BM from running lots of Gamma/Delta back in the day, and have supply chests I plan on opening all the way to 80 on about 13 or so characters. Still have more chest of coins on my SB and cleric; so I really like how this event turned out :)
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Hell, I still have storage toons with nothing but house items, just in case they decide to go crazy and finally implement housing.

what in the lords name do you understand under "house items"? please explain​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    razzzza wrote: »

what in the lords name do you understand under "house items"? please explain
    They are decorations for use in the housing system, which only exists in the original pay-to-play version. The housing system doesn't exist in PW-CN or PWI, and we've been told that it will never happen.
    Here's a couple of vids on it.
    https://youtu.be/nfx1XMKE_f8 https://youtu.be/p3fh7fV8n3s​​

​​
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User

You get them at random while doing the Paperclip for a Villa quest. "Mysterious Items" that appear to have no use except to be amusing (I like the Canned Tuna) but were designed for the housing system as Sylen wrote above.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • Deceptistar
    Deceptistar Posts: 62 Arc User
    advoc wrote: »
    I just sold the 173 chests at 400k on my BM from running lots of Gamma/Delta back in the day, and have supply chests I plan on opening all the way to 80 on about 13 or so characters. Still have more chest of coins on my SB and cleric; so I really like how this event turned out :)

you should tell them you saved those for a whopping 5 years or some people might shout UNFAIRZ! lol....
    ​​
    lagunal8.deviantart.com I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... D:
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
  • razzzza
    chchchchia wrote: »

You get them at random while doing the Paperclip for a Villa quest. "Mysterious Items" that appear to have no use except to be amusing (I like the Canned Tuna) but were designed for the housing system as Sylen wrote above.

oh right i was wondering what these items are (recently helped a guy with WC like 3 months ago and lookes it up on pwdatabase and didnt knew wtf that was) but never bothered doing WC to actually get those items.
    Last time i did this was in 09 and i think these items where not a reward for the wc at that time right?

The housing system looks interessting and boring at the same time. when you can form your own land and build a whole map freely its kind of interessting but its boring cuz nothing is happening inside it so it kinda feels wrong in terms of PWI.

But thanks for throwing in "wc quest" cuz then i got the connections to the random items the wc quest gives out and the housing system sylen mentioned. mouse-1.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • advoc
    advoc Posts: 84 Arc User

You get them at random while doing the Paperclip for a Villa quest. "Mysterious Items" that appear to have no use except to be amusing (I like the Canned Tuna) but were designed for the housing system as Sylen wrote above.

oh right i was wondering what these items are (recently helped a guy with WC like 3 months ago and lookes it up on pwdatabase and didnt knew wtf that was) but never bothered doing WC to actually get those items.
    Last time i did this was in 09 and i think these items where not a reward for the wc at that time right?

The housing system looks interessting and boring at the same time. when you can form your own land and build a whole map freely its kind of interessting but its boring cuz nothing is happening inside it so it kinda feels wrong in terms of PWI.

But thanks for throwing in "wc quest" cuz then i got the connections to the random items the wc quest gives out and the housing system sylen mentioned. mouse-1.gif​​

They were rewards since 2008, my cleric did that quest daily and gained a large amount of them.
  • konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    Crazy stone, Cube, and World quest as dailies... ahh those were the days...

Housing system had so much potential. They have something similar in another game I play.

You can grow your own herbs for apoth, have your own forge for making weaps and armors, etc. You can also make your place open to all or by invite only, and as you do more with it, it levels up, new options appear, and you get more space for more stuff.

Always wanted to see something like this in PW.

Also totally off topic, my apologies.
  • razzzza
    advoc wrote: »

But thanks for throwing in "wc quest" cuz then i got the connections to the random items the wc quest gives out and the housing system sylen mentioned. mouse-1.gif

They were rewards since 2008, my cleric did that quest daily and gained a large amount of them.

then i cant remember it. i did WC once, it took forever (cuz coin was short and you had to fly to places) and the reward was not terrible but not worth it either. it was a kind of "lets start this bot right here" or a "lets do only chatting and fly around for 1 hour" quest and it was so boring to do.
    I watched the videos sylen posten and the second one showed alot of it but i still dont think it would fit into PWI and its just interessting to form and build your stuff. Other then that i would grab a game which is designed for stuff like that and have way more options at hand.

Anyway BTT:
    I see so much hassle in dawnglory right now in buying and selling those kits and people are buying tons of them in catshops for as cheap as 700k.
    Dunno what but i will store mine and sell them at a later date or open them and use them for myself not sure yet.

The people who can abuse that to the max can make alot of coins with it sure but we had worse things.
    What i dont understand is why they made them tradeable. there is no logical sense in that and invites players to abuse it really.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg