To all those wanting the 9m coin back.

zoner112012
zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
It isn't going to happen. The people that actually play and understand how the economy of the game works have spoken. Clearly the people requesting it back have little to no understanding about how it works, or they are big time CSers with tons of coin and just want to temporarily increase the prices of everything to benefit themselves. Either way I am quite confident PWE saw the reasoning behind why 9m coins was a bad idea and it won't be coming back. Stop making threads about it. You are wasting space and time.

End Rant
ln5aR6B.jpg

Comments

• iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    It isn't going to happen. The people that actually play and understand how the economy of the game works have spoken. Clearly the people requesting it back have little to no understanding about how it works, or they are big time CSers with tons of coin and just want to temporarily increase the prices of everything to benefit themselves. Either way I am quite confident PWE saw the reasoning behind why 9m coins was a bad idea and it won't be coming back. Stop making threads about it. You are wasting space and time.

End Rant

OMG I agree with 95% of what you stated, with the exception of the CSer bit. As I stated on a different thread, my items I sell would become much more expensive if they were to inject the tier 2 reward of 9 mill/lvl 50 toon, because my coins would have lost significant value in a very short amount of time.

2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• enlil
    enlil Posts: 25 Arc User
    zoner112012 - ok mr smarty pants. Let's have you explain it. Please Enlighten us on how the economy works, don't just spout out nonsense. Obviously you don't know how it works. So please.. explain this. I am awaiting your enlightenment, but I bet you can't explain anything. I have been here since gold was less than 100k. So don't be a **** and spout ****. Explain the economy cause obviously your so much wiser. I know you can't that is why I am calling you on it.
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    enlil wrote: »
    zoner112012 - ok mr smarty pants. Let's have you explain it. Please Enlighten us on how the economy works, don't just spout out nonsense. Obviously you don't know how it works. So please.. explain this. I am awaiting your enlightenment, but I bet you can't explain anything. I have been here since gold was less than 100k. So don't be a **** and spout ****. Explain the economy cause obviously your so much wiser. I know you can't that is why I am calling you on it.

Not the freshest egg in the basket are you?

Lets explain this way...you want an item worth in today's economy, 10 million coins, and have 100 mill in the bank. The person selling it also has 100 million coins in their bank.

9 mill per 50+ character happens. If you have been playing as long as you have, you probably have 20+ characters over 50+. Your 100 mill now increased to 280 million (if you had 20 more characters level 50+). That 10 million coin item is now a LOT less expensive to you because of all the free coins. It would have taken 10% of your worth, but now it takes about 3.5% if it stayed at its current value.

Now to the person selling it for 10 mill, in order for their profits to stay around the same, they would need to increase the value of the item to 28 million

2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• sedskdfjkhsdf
    sedskdfjkhsdf Posts: 14 Arc User
    I have also been here since gold was 100k and every time PWI has done something to inject a lot of coins to the server (e.g. allowing botting) the price of gold and other items has gone UP. No economics class necessary...we can see from experience what happens.

If every toon had got 9mil I personally would have got over 200mil but I know people who would have got over a billion. That is a lot of extra coins. People selling things would know everyone has more coins to spend and so would make their prices higher, knowing people have coin to pay the higher price.

So depsite me getting more coins things would be more expensive...so I would be able to buy less with my money.
    I am not a big CS user who already has billions of coins...just an average, mostly "free to play" player. Getting free coins sounded good but I soon realized the damage it would do...so no free coins ty PWI.
  • lamb91
    lamb91 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    i bet the 100% of csers of the game, r on this forum and i bet, they r the most active with 1000 pots and so on.

good job, u make this game, they way u want.
  • thesquee1
    thesquee1 Posts: 44 Arc User
    I have also been here since gold was 100k and every time PWI has done something to inject a lot of coins to the server (e.g. allowing botting) the price of gold and other items has gone UP. No economics class necessary...we can see from experience what happens.

If every toon had got 9mil I personally would have got over 200mil but I know people who would have got over a billion. That is a lot of extra coins. People selling things would know everyone has more coins to spend and so would make their prices higher, knowing people have coin to pay the higher price.

So depsite me getting more coins things would be more expensive...so I would be able to buy less with my money.
    I am not a big CS user who already has billions of coins...just an average, mostly "free to play" player. Getting free coins sounded good but I soon realized the damage it would do...so no free coins ty PWI.

This. Have you also noticed, while everyone saying this is good is arguing it's usually solid arguments concerning the servers but the people arguing this is bad are basically saying, "Give me my coins!"? Just something I noticed.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Everyone... Wait. This is a rare occasion. Can I get a drum roll please?

zoner, I agree with you.

Thank you, thank you!

*exits forum to applause*
  • zoner112012
    eirghan wrote: »
    Everyone... Wait. This is a rare occasion. Can I get a drum roll please?

zoner, I agree with you.

Thank you, thank you!

*exits forum to applause*

LMAO

Anyways to anyone else on here trying to fight or argue the point, clearly I know how the economy works. It isn't rocket science to understand inflation and supply and demand. To even try to begin talking about it on a PWI thread would be an utter waste of time. To Lucking, my comment about CSers was pretty specific....I am aware not everyone that wants the 9m coin are big time CSers and I am also aware that many of the big time CSers wouldn't care either way. Some of them would benefit from this for sure..because they could temporarily raise the price of the various pack items they are selling and get more money from it. Either way my argument is quite solid....they won't be bringing back the 9m coin and people posting raging threads constantly on here just taking up space should be deleted because you are not only wasting the forum space but wasting our time reading it. The arguments are drawn out, and none of it matters. If they went to the trouble of actually changing it I HIGHLY doubt they will consider doing so again, the fact they listened and changed it once is astounding and I applaud PWE for what they have done.
    0mKXcg1.gif
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • zoner112012
    Also I strongly recommend people stop posting comments arguing with the idiots posts asking for the 9m reward back. That way they just slowly fall into the depths of the forums where they belong.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    funny...inflation is the main reason......what is more funny...after all the changes pwe made dq,coin drop reduced ,gear prices,fc and all that...the prices are extremely high ..... b4 all those "fixes" gold price was about 3.3m~2.8m ...and now 4m per gold...if you keep thinking the economy will return to 1m per gold,sry but that is not going to happen , is more likely that pwe raise the gold cap to...5m or 6m
  • zoner112012
    alexanade wrote: »
    funny...inflation is the main reason......what is more funny...after all the changes pwe made dq,coin drop reduced ,gear prices,fc and all that...the prices are extremely high ..... b4 all those "fixes" gold price was about 3.3m~2.8m ...and now 4m per gold...if you keep thinking the economy will return to 1m per gold,sry but that is not going to happen , is more likely that pwe raise the gold cap to...5m or 6m

I am trying to read this and understand what the point you are trying to make is but I have a feeling I would be more successful whistling out of my ears then understanding where you are coming from or what this has to really do with the post.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • lieubov
    lieubov Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well said TZ.

It will just make prices sky rocket cause everyone has the coins to buy stuff.

Always be the better person.
    Dannia
    12_zpst9vfobus.gif
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User

HA? WTF are you babling about?
    last time I checked when dq wasnt nerfed and people were botting with alts over alts including their mothers alts gold was 5-6 milions and you could only buy it from a hand of players that were selling in WC.
    Is actually the other way around of what you are saying. After PW nerfed the DQ and all the rest the price of gold droped to 3.3-2,8mil and returned to AH.
    giphy.gif

• monymaker
    monymaker Posts: 3 Arc User
    I really don't care either way. If we got it, cool...many of my alts will get it and I will just save it until the prices regain some sort of stability. If not, whatever, I'm where I'm at now.

The real question is, did they really change the rewards to remove the coins or was this a miscommunication that they caught before tier 2 was distributed? We all know miscommunications happens (War Avatar Chest S), so I'm wondering if they really listened to the playerbase or are just correcting a mistake.
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    teabagg wrote: »
    Like this is a serious economy ITS FREAKIN FAKE MONEY PEOPLE!

This fake money is bought and traded with real money, derp.
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User

HA? WTF are you babling about?
    last time I checked when dq wasnt nerfed and people were botting with alts over alts including their mothers alts gold was 5-6 milions and you could only buy it from a hand of players that were selling in WC.
    Is actually the other way around of what you are saying. After PW nerfed the DQ and all the rest the price of gold droped to 3.3-2,8mil and returned to AH.

lol ? u miss the point totally

• calisthenics#5358
    calisthenics#5358 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2015

End Rant

Well said sir.

Retired, Mixed Martial Artist, Lone wolf, Calisthenics junkie
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    I was sad when botting came in place and gold could not be bought in ah.

To all those people thinking that they should get 9m coin reward, this is what I as a merchant will do to prices. People follow suit.

You buy your HP charm for 5m now, i will start selling them for 15M. So your 9m extra money, did not give you any benefit.

Previously you could buy a herc/nix for 100m, now i will sell it at 250~300m.

The cube neck was about 60~80m, i will sell those at 120m flat.

Why would i do that? Read the first post + my cost of business rises, so i raise all my prices to keep same profit.

*troll exits*
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    doomerzz wrote: »
    I'm walking away from the troubles in my life,
    I'm walking away oh to find a better daydino3-1.gif​​

Keep on walking : will hunt you down in Archosaur >:)

The 9 mil isn't important however there are people who like to have it. Even have and had a few in my faction. They didn't bot in the past, they didn't sell FC or other instances, didn't want to do anything because of the repaircosts...they just moved along with others hoping their quests and culti would finish one day. I kept both old and new 'event-tiers' on my faction site so members can compare and be shocked about not recieving free ingame-money.
  • zoner112012
    I won't lie I honestly didn't expect so much support for what is logically a good play but PWE. Sad that so many people are still hell bent on getting the coin back as a rewards even though we all know it won't happen.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • jabq
    I won't lie I honestly didn't expect so much support for what is logically a good play but PWE. Sad that so many people are still hell bent on getting the coin back as a rewards even though we all know it won't happen.

I wonder if the outcry would have been different if they had added a zero after the 9.
  • prosaber
    prosaber Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    i have to laugh out loud when people talk about economy of a game.
    and i have to laugh even more and harder that pwi giving up the control over it by letting the community WITHOUT VOTING decide which reward is bad or not bad. i hope you are all happy about b-chest log-in reward LOL....

Nirvana is dead, but was pretty less rewarding when it was alive.

Frostcovered City is dead

God`s Valley seems pretty dead either

Endeless Universe is pretty useless unless for bh, but for bh you are screwed if it has a buggy day, because you can only enter it once a day. I wonder why AEU dont have that problem and is itself more rewarding.

TT is dead if there is no BH or no 2x drop. because pwi setup this game with very low drop chances for material which has now a very low value. (low value compared to what gear you craft with it and what else is possible)

Lunar, well i think lunar always had the issue of the 3 million buy in. but it seems dead anyway if there is no 2x event.

Seat of Torment and Abaddon is done only for the weekly quest and the cultivation. which is, lets be honest, pretty rare.

I dont care about pwi economy because its a game, but i care about dead game content, waste of developers time for dead game content and useless replacements of login rewards initiated by a egotistical community even without a voting.

pwi may remember the expansion for the duskblades and the stormbringers, where they introduced a new start zone. i like that area and i find it cool designed, but in my point of view, the time you have spend to create that area was wasted because as soon as people become 20 they leave that place forever and never return for anything. (which is less than 5 days of gaming)

i do not really care about the fact that every drop now has no coin value anymore because you have replaced it with jolly old jones. but
    1. i am worried about people between 81~99 who need money too but got no jolly old jones quest
    2. your 2x drop event is mostly useless for me because i am not Lunar or Twilight Tempel addicted.
    In a game where farming material from monster-drops got nerfed so hard, i dont see a reason to celebrate a 2x event at all.

PWI now could at least increase the drop rate of regular crafting material by 3 times. i talk about rough fur, oil, compact oil, leather, and so on and so on. and you could also reduce the spawn time of all regular materials like coal, refined steel,Lumber Essence and so on and so on. maybe also on herbs. i dont think it would anyone hurt at all.
    yes the price will drop, but the market there is bad anyways already.
    reduce the spawn time from 10 minutes down to 2 minutes.

i dont know why i waste my time to write this **** down, i mean, the community complains about free 9 mil reward but not about dead game content or less rewarding to almost worthless game content. i dont understand you people nor want i understand it.

care more about your catshopprices while everyone else will just quit the game.
    you will then now see who will buy your ****.

and let me say one more thing.
    if people get 9 mil on each char and might gather up arround 200 mil and then pay 500 mil for one piece of G15 armor (thats what someone announced in another thread) then i tell you, these people deserve to get scammed.

stupidity must be punished​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • s4d
    s4d Posts: 3 Arc User

End Rant

This thread needs to be stickied, mass-printed, and force-fed directly down the stupid pieholes of all the idiots who keep demanding money they never even did anything for in the first place. It's not even as if PWI waited until after the event was over, to rectify their mistake. They simply announced something, then changed it before that event even started.

As for the alternative rewards, I really could not care less now. As far as I remember, PWI hasn't run a single event correctly since 2013. I'm not even sure why people still expect them to actually run this one without a single hitch. In fact, I'm not even sure why they're running a whole bunch of events now when they haven't even been able to run a single event right for years.
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    The only ones who (would have) REALLY benefit from the 9M freebie are the folks who have a bazillion accounts (pillbabies). Folk who play by the rules would have gotten at most 8x9x2 = 144M (if their 2 accounts are loaded with the max of 8 toons each, all lvl 50 or above). People who have more then this amount would have gotten a billion or more easily, depending on how fanatic their account management is.

Cash grants by login event isn't a good idea. ALL rewards should be character-bound, or at the very least account bound (like eventgold, that's fine).
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • zrh
    zrh Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    prosaber wrote: »
    i have to laugh out loud when people talk about economy of a game.
    and i have to laugh even more and harder that pwi giving up the control over it by letting the community WITHOUT VOTING decide which reward is bad or not bad. i hope you are all happy about b-chest log-in reward LOL....

Nirvana is dead, but was pretty less rewarding when it was alive.

Frostcovered City is dead

God`s Valley seems pretty dead either

Endeless Universe is pretty useless unless for bh, but for bh you are screwed if it has a buggy day, because you can only enter it once a day. I wonder why AEU dont have that problem and is itself more rewarding.

TT is dead if there is no BH or no 2x drop. because pwi setup this game with very low drop chances for material which has now a very low value. (low value compared to what gear you craft with it and what else is possible)

Lunar, well i think lunar always had the issue of the 3 million buy in. but it seems dead anyway if there is no 2x event.

Seat of Torment and Abaddon is done only for the weekly quest and the cultivation. which is, lets be honest, pretty rare.

I dont care about pwi economy because its a game, but i care about dead game content, waste of developers time for dead game content and useless replacements of login rewards initiated by a egotistical community even without a voting.

pwi may remember the expansion for the duskblades and the stormbringers, where they introduced a new start zone. i like that area and i find it cool designed, but in my point of view, the time you have spend to create that area was wasted because as soon as people become 20 they leave that place forever and never return for anything. (which is less than 5 days of gaming)

i do not really care about the fact that every drop now has no coin value anymore because you have replaced it with jolly old jones. but
    1. i am worried about people between 81~99 who need money too but got no jolly old jones quest
    2. your 2x drop event is mostly useless for me because i am not Lunar or Twilight Tempel addicted.
    In a game where farming material from monster-drops got nerfed so hard, i dont see a reason to celebrate a 2x event at all.

PWI now could at least increase the drop rate of regular crafting material by 3 times. i talk about rough fur, oil, compact oil, leather, and so on and so on. and you could also reduce the spawn time of all regular materials like coal, refined steel,Lumber Essence and so on and so on. maybe also on herbs. i dont think it would anyone hurt at all.
    yes the price will drop, but the market there is bad anyways already.
    reduce the spawn time from 10 minutes down to 2 minutes.

i dont know why i waste my time to write this **** down, i mean, the community complains about free 9 mil reward but not about dead game content or less rewarding to almost worthless game content. i dont understand you people nor want i understand it.

care more about your catshopprices while everyone else will just quit the game.
    you will then now see who will buy your ****.

and let me say one more thing.
    if people get 9 mil on each char and might gather up arround 200 mil and then pay 500 mil for one piece of G15 armor (thats what someone announced in another thread) then i tell you, these people deserve to get scammed.

stupidity must be punished

Well said sir !
    ​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • zoner112012
    This post is still going? At this point we need to just let it die. They definitely are NOT giving people the 9m back as I am pretty sure people already started getting Tier 2 rewards now. What I said was correct they would not give it back. This entire post is not just taking up space. Can a mod please lock this post?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • wizzmonger
    wizzmonger Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Can any of the smart pants around here tell me about the lost synergy of inviting back old players and allowing them to get some coin to help start again?

When doing anything, trust is of utmost importance. When PWI tells people to come back, gives them events that would help out, PWI should make good on that promice. No matter the cost.

And in the future, PWI might aswell ask people about their opinion before they do something, not after.

The cost of broken trust is much higher than most anything!
  • jabq
    wizzmonger wrote: »
    Can any of the smart pants around here tell me about the lost synergy of inviting back old players and allowing them to get some coin to help start again?

When doing anything, trust is of utmost importance. When PWI tells people to come back, gives them events that would help out, PWI should make good on that promice. No matter the cost.

And in the future, PWI might aswell ask people about their opinion before they do something, not after.

The cost of broken trust is much higher than most anything!

*puts on smart pants* hate to say it, but the old players who come back will have better gear than most of us at present. That is how they rolled and why they quit. Players who were broke, are very unlikely to come back.

*takes off smarty pants and puts on trusting pants* Some people say, that once trust is broken it can never be regained. Just like how the army generals of old used to kill the traitors after they helped out, because they would never be loyal to them, they were only looking out for their own interest.

Giving people 9m to build back trust is an insult.

*takes of trusting pants*
This discussion has been closed.