What feature would you most likely to see on Vanilla?

Options

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Options
    It's really random with the post counts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I actually like that username. Makes me smile thinking of when their commercials were common.

As for the post count thing, it's an account thing. People who were already posting on default names (IE: mods, stonefaces, random troll #347) had the post count carry over because... your default account IS what you're technically logging into. Those who posted on a name/server one (remember, those are technically considered separate accounts) don't get those posts carried over to their "actual" account. Like how each "avatar" we had in reality had its own profile, signature, post count, and so on.

Thus, Somebody - Morai didn't get their posts carried over to truekossy... but posts made via truekossy did carry over just fine.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ah, okay that makes sense. But didn't your post count go-up? I feel like some people here still have inaccurate post counts...

• opkossy
    Options
    Ah, okay that makes sense. But didn't your post count go-up? I feel like some people here still have inaccurate post counts...

Long story short: I was still a frequent poster then and that account had a lot of posts that didn't count towards post count on the old forums (Especially since first thing I did was axe some to get my post count to an even number). With how permanent these forums are, though, they've probably restored a good few of them. So my post count rose accordingly as a result. And since I'm the oldest default poster with the highest post count, I'm likely the most extreme example of any post changes here.

Though there is a default thing with well over a million posts now (can't remember its name) that seems to serve as a repository for "post came over but the automatic method didn't ID it properly" and I've got a lot of work to catch up to it. tiger-2.gif
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2015
    Options
    latest?cb=20081023004830
    I hate character limits. BOOOO

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    latest?cb=20081023004830
    I hate character limits. BOOOO
    I know. And it was pretty easy to spoof them on the last forum. Can't really do it on this one.
    I see it still hasn't re-licked/restored my accounts too. samurai-43.gif
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    Clicking on something to go to top of page is not necessary when you can simply hits your "Home" key.

As for post count I fail to see the importance of it. Or the urgency.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • opkossy
    Options
    zentfamily wrote: »

HERETIC!

Burn the witch!!!!!

fox-2.gif
  • ovenusarmanio
    Options
    Clicking on something to go to top of page is not necessary when you can simply hits your "Home" key.

tumblr_lnf3mjJRal1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

It did make it easier to identify veteran posters though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• sylenthunder
    Options

tumblr_lnf3mjJRal1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

It did make it easier to identify veteran posters though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yeah, I kinda miss my 7k-ish posts. If I combined all my accounts, it might be higher than Kossy's. samurai-4.gif

​​
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yeah, I kinda miss my 7k-ish posts. If I combined all my accounts, it might be higher than Kossy's. samurai-4.gif

How many are we talking here? I'm at ~18k total for this account and my normal one. Probably 18.5kish if I added sporadic 1-off posts from other avatars but I don't really count them.

Post counts are serious business! fox-48.gif
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Technically Sweetiebot was posting on my behalf so that puts me at like 27k posts.tiger-45.gif
  • opkossy
    Options
    asterelle wrote: »
    Technically Sweetiebot was posting on my behalf so that puts me at like 27k posts.tiger-45.gif

..... Get out.

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
  • ovenusarmanio
    Options
    That's cheating and no fair!whitecat-49.gif

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    @opkossy and @ovenusarmanio meanies. tiger-24.gif
    I knew you'd step up. tiger-26.gif
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    opkossy wrote: »

How many are we talking here? I'm at ~18k total for this account and my normal one. Probably 18.5kish if I added sporadic 1-off posts from other avatars but I don't really count them.

Ok, not quite that. I was looking at your current post count. I'd likely be in the 12-13k range.

​​
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    Options

Ok, not quite that. I was looking at your current post count. I'd likely be in the 12-13k range.

I still have a while to go for that on this account. bear-14.gif
    @opkossy and @ovenusarmanio meanies. tiger-24.gif
    I knew you'd step up. tiger-26.gif
    Post count is CLEARLY the most important part of any forum! whitecat-2.gif
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    What I'd like to see is an ability to search for active topics relevant to only the game or games you play. I used to click on "Active topics" in PWI's forums to see what's new and reply to relevant posts. These forums I can't make heads or tails of for searching like that.

Also, the ARC pin validation is annoying as hell if you're out and about and use a public or shared terminal to quickly check the forums. Can we get an opt-out for that?

(Evryn of PWI - seems my name also isn't saved. I don't friggin play Forsaken World)
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • opkossy
    Options
    What I'd like to see is an ability to search for active topics relevant to only the game or games you play. I used to click on "Active topics" in PWI's forums to see what's new and reply to relevant posts. These forums I can't make heads or tails of for searching like that.

Also, the ARC pin validation is annoying as hell if you're out and about and use a public or shared terminal to quickly check the forums. Can we get an opt-out for that?

(Evryn of PWI - seems my name also isn't saved. I don't friggin play Forsaken World)
    See this quote:
    Follow these steps to get new posts from our page.

1. Go to http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/categories
    2. Hover you mouse next to the name of one of the categories. You should see a little gear next to it.
    3. Click the gear next to a category you want to hide and select hide. It should disappear from view.
    4. Do this for the remaining categories you want to hide. Leave only PWI. (Or if you play others, you can obviously leave those)
    5. Go to this url: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/categories/?ShowAllCategories=true

Now all your categories should reappear, but should remain filtered out from the "Recent Discussions" when you click discussions. You can click the gear to unhide them from the filter at anytime.

• chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options

Clicking on the Home key is more annoying than anything else if you just want to go to the top of the page to click on the next page number. Clicking "Home" means I then have to go back into PWI, back into General Discussion, back into this topic, and THEN finally click page 2.

Clicking the General Discussion button next to Home is a marginal improvement, but it would still be better to just have the page numbers at the bottom like every other site in existence.

ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • opkossy
    Options
    chchchchia wrote: »

Clicking on the Home key is more annoying than anything else if you just want to go to the top of the page to click on the next page number. Clicking "Home" means I then have to go back into PWI, back into General Discussion, back into this topic, and THEN finally click page 2.

Clicking the General Discussion button next to Home is a marginal improvement, but it would still be better to just have the page numbers at the bottom like every other site in existence.

He means the home key on your keyboard to automatically scroll the page back to the top.

That said, it should be completely unnecessary for us to need it, but it does provide a solution for those not using the CSS mods Asterelle and nrglg have provided.
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options

He means the home key on your keyboard to automatically scroll the page back to the top.

That said, it should be completely unnecessary for us to need it, but it does provide a solution for those not using the CSS mods Asterelle and nrglg have provided.

Ah, my bad for misunderstanding. Although, clicking the home key on my laptop keyboard on these forums seems to only work half the time, so I generally still have to scroll back up.

Edit: thanks for mentioning Asterelle's mod. I'd used nrglg's greyscale but didn't know about Asterelle's - things are much nicer now!

Post edited by chchchchia on
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • sasquatch87
    sasquatch87 Posts: 51 Arc User
    Options
    Ugh everything looks so clustered up, and Idk who is who because they're using their arch user names. So I'd would go back to using character names and change the text so it doesn't look so small.
  • nunja1
    nunja1 Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    Working links would be nice.
    I went to the comprehensive list of guides to find the guide for Token of The Seven.
    This is what you have: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87641

Go ahead and click it and tell me how that is supposed to help anyone.
    Are all the old forum posts gone or what? How in the hell are we supposed to find information about quests that used to be easily found on the old forum?

Are we just supposed to start all over again and have everybody post every question a few more times?
    :/
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ATM all those old links are broken as they didn't provide redirects for specific pages. You also can't search to easy for them either, although it does help if you have the author.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/607865/special-quest-token-of-the-seven

That's the token of the seven link, for your convenience.

• sylenthunder
    Options
    I still have a lot of the info on my website also, but I honestly haven't updated anything there in at least two years, so it's a bit lacking.

http://pwiguides.guildlaunch.com

​​
  • opkossy
    Options
    It's annoying and roundabout, but I've found that googling the old links and then searching for the exact thread name they display works okay-ish for finding old threads.

Fortunately, at least the quotes seem to work properly. I do wish we had a better search function, though. This one is just too limited and the way it works makes searching much more difficult than it should be. The old search function may not have been perfect but it got us what we needed the vast majority of the time (outside of things like word size limits or such making life more difficult with it)
  • vulpeca
    vulpeca Posts: 30 Arc User
    Options
    Am I only one that saw "what future would you most likely to see on Vanilla?", and I started to think about crystal balls and cards...

Anyway, I would love to have more smiles :D , and more color... This dark forum on black background is depressing.
  • opkossy
    Options
    Gonna be amusing seeing what they do about official emotes. Assuming they bother with them more than the tiny list in their editor and the auto-complete ones. dfT7aYa.png
  • chucknorristhemighty
    chucknorristhemighty Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    An option to lock signatures. Most of the are gross.