test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150317a.8

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2015 in Patch Notes (PC)
Greetings adventurers,

Here are the patch notes for tomorrow's scheduled maintenance at 7AM PDT on 4/16.

Classes and Balance
- Trickster Rogues can now dodge using any random daggers instead of only a select few.

Content and Environment
- PvP Victory daily quest now properly awards a Seal of Triumph when completed.

Items and Economy
- Bahamut's Champion Pack: Now has items for Oathbound Paladins.
- Delzoun Treasure Chest: Now has items for Oathbound Paladins and work correctly for Guardian Fighters.
- Doohickey of Gond now properly displays for female characters.
- Ring of the Dragonslayer: This item now properly has stats again.
- Vault of Piety: Scourge Warlock and Oathbound Paladin weapons now have Weapon Enchantment slots.
- XP Boosters may now stack with Invocation granted XP bonuses.

Stability and Graphics
- Resolved a crash that could occur when sharing a Foundry Quest with a party member.
- Resolved a game server crash related to invocation resetting at 3am PST that could occur.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trickster Rogues can now dodge using any random daggers instead of only a select few.

WTH DOES THIS MEAN?
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Great news! I've had a Doohickey sitting in my bank since Winter Festival, since all my chars are female.

And the dodging thing: TRs need to have a weapon equipped to use their shift power (I think that's true for everyone). Since Mod 6, only certain daggers qualified as MH weapon and allowed TRs to dodge.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lemonchill wrote: »
    Trickster Rogues can now dodge using any random daggers instead of only a select few.

WTH DOES THIS MEAN?

It means that when using CoS rogues are permadodge.

/Endsarcasm.

Okay Serious time now.

It is the fix too the issue where some dagger weapons dont allow rogues to use their shift ability.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Greetings adventurers,

Here are the patch notes for tomorrow's scheduled maintenance at 7AM PDT on 4/16.

Classes and Balance
    - Trickster Rogues can now dodge using any random daggers instead of only a select few.

Content and Environment
    - PvP Victory daily quest now properly awards a Seal of Triumph when completed.

Items and Economy
    - Bahamut's Champion Pack: Now has items for Oathbound Paladins.
    - Delzoun Treasure Chest: Now has items for Oathbound Paladins and work correctly for Guardian Fighters.
    - Ring of the Dragonslayer: This item now properly has stats again.
    - Vault of Piety: Scourge Warlock and Oathbound Paladin weapons now have Weapon Enchantment slots.
    - XP Boosters may now stack with Invocation granted XP bonuses.

Stability and Graphics
    - Resolved a crash that could occur when sharing a Foundry Quest with a party member.
    - Resolved a game server crash related to invocation resetting at 3am PST that could occur.

some really nice fixes this week, this gives me hope for the bigger balance changes and fixed that we were told to expect next week.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    some really nice fixes this week, this gives me hope for the bigger balance changes and fixed that we were told to expect next week.

I'm actually quite disappointed if that's the only fixes we are getting.

There's so many rank 4 powers that are bugged.
    Lot of companions are bugged, the legendary bonus is bugged on them too aswell as the eldritch runestone in the def slot.

No mention of fixing dungeons either.
  • skrimshaw72skrimshaw72 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Heart of the White Dragon, which was supposed to be fixed last patch, slipped through the cracks, and none of them are doing damage yet. (Feel free to check, even the ones for sale report 0 damage) Was this fixed or is it still slipping through the cracks?
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's not really much. Do you guys even realize how many people are struggling to even play the game? Either because of difficulty issues or lag/disconnects. I'm sorry to say that I am again rather dissapointed.
  • jenacydejenacyde Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2015
    What about the rank four bugs (spell mastery entangling) and the thousand other rank 4 power issues?
    What about the tab issue with half the players?
    What about the dungeons not working?
    What about Dragon Horde Enchantments being bugged?
    What about PVP accessory gear?
    What about the leveling gear at WOD only available to those that don't need it to level up?
    The list could go on and on. Don't get me wrong happy with some of the fixes, but not nearly enough in comparison to how many things are terribly wrong.
  • thunderlore2thunderlore2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great more fixes ^^ ty for them guys hope u work harder towards others as well:)

Having said that please please fix the inspect bug (not allowing inspect across map/zones) it is a terrible one i cant even advise fellow guild members on what items to get as cant see what they already have without moving into the same zone/map or asking them for an SS. Kindly make it a priority as dungeon grouping and a thousand others things are based on inspection. thnx in advance!
  • timothyandrew27timothyandrew27 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please fix the lag and auto dc issue it's really unplayable with that and the clock tower also needs fixing if that is removed please add some other alternative for it and if I could suggest (knowing it might sound stupid and players won't agree with it) when a player reaches endgame instead of just leaving it there try adding a rank level like 5 may be players have to do some special or specific quest to gain ranks and something like that I ask players to give their review about it try not to be harsh with your words
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Greetings adventurers,

[...far too short list with way to few and many too detailed items to adress even 5% of known problems...]

So, I take it there'll be another huge patch on the 30th, or maybe the 7th of May???
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really really hope they fix the exploits! Please! I think they are not listed in the patch notes because talking about exploiting bugs is not allowed ^^ I hope so.....

//Bellistor
  • chibiiisanchibiiisan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would say one of the most important fixes NOT on this list are the Dungeons. Cloak Tower etc are not working, which means they hold up the main quest line. And the possibility to properly level your character further. People are struggling and there are more people asking in chat when the dungeons will be working again. So as a rogue myself, I hardly think dodge is our worst problem xD
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, I take it there'll be another huge patch on the 30th, or maybe the 7th of May???

There will be a large patch next week, April 23rd.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fix the bug that is making TRs MORE powerful, the stealth reveal not working.

Also, remove the silly AoE restriction on Temptation and (at least) double the lifesteal ratio. Overnerf much?
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • freezingshardfreezingshard Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rgladiato wrote: »
    There will be a large patch next week, April 23rd.

Where do you get that from?
  • drago780drago780 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015

This guy got the memo
  • blamecharlesblamecharles Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Has been in the rumor mill for quite a while, have not seen anyone with official capacity confirm it yet
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lifesteal ratio seems ok to me arakk. Its not healing every hit like before but when it does work its huge and therefore more effective when it does occur. Life steal was has been replacing potion use for many people up until now, which is not what was intended im guessing.

I'm glad seals of triumph are getting re added. The other basic changes today are on the back of the gond event start, so its not as though this is a patch specifically for fixes, but more that they are adding content anyway so why not take the chance to fix some issues that have cropped up.

Give them a chance, this is a good starting place.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• lawu79lawu79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please check the Delzoun Treasure Box, I tried to open it in my Paladin, it didn't open. Worked fine in all other classes.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For a 2hour maintenance, only this few thing are ridiculous.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • dianafarhandianafarhan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The first step towards many fixes to come- great job guys! but can you please look into the login problem since the Arc update-many cannot even login into the game, there were DirectX ,DLL, and many issues that prevent any player to log in, They have to log into the game with safe mode and graphics are set to the lowest(it won't work sometimes) even when they have a harcore cpu. Many skipped playing because of this and many more still waiting. Thank you
  • thesilentforcethesilentforce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    MOST Important. smal players like myself cant gear up properly!

for me they work though... But they no longer drop the resonance stones etc, but they appear right in my inventory (but I think they wouldn't do if my inventory would be full).
    Have you checked if they may be straight in your inventory yet? I have three or four DH-Enchantments slotted and they work for me...
    Or are they only bugged for some players?
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I seriously hope they dropped the popcap for the new EE zones. 20 and under is very little lag. As soon as they start going over 20 it gets more and more laggy. At 30 it's a slideshow death zone. Going to be leveling a squishy toon next and really would like my worst enemy not to be the server.
  • freezingshardfreezingshard Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    for me they work though... But they no longer drop the resonance stones etc, but they appear right in my inventory (but I think they wouldn't do if my inventory would be full).
    Have you checked if they may be straight in your inventory yet? I have three or four DH-Enchantments slotted and they work for me...
    Or are they only bugged for some players?

yea i checked. i have 4% farmed over 1 hour ( few times ) . drops were smal to non-existent
  • delfeluguedelfelugue Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    and for that :
    Logging out, disconnecting or switching characters while in PvP will now leave your character in the game for a short period.
    when i have criptic error ?
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For a 2hour maintenance, only this few thing are ridiculous.

It would be a 2hr maintenance even if there wasn't a patch. The 2hrs is required for server maintenance (all across the board on their games, not just NW.)
  • tucsy1tucsy1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Aspec of lone wolf...???? when i use it i have lower deflect... than normaly ...pfft many things not fixed
  • proudlikeabomproudlikeabom Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Game is alot of fun ,thanks devs for working so hard . ;) Great patch
  • boutmos#0510 boutmos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have 15% Dragon Hoard Enchantments and I have low drops. Sometimes, I drop nothing till the reset of the day ....
This discussion has been closed.