test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150203a.1

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • General
    • Stat curves updated to be more uniform and predictable across multiple stats. The trend is so that for about every 400 of a stat it gives 1% of an appropriate amount.
  • Great Weapon Fighter
    • Countless Scars: Now properly stacks additional Damage Resistance bonuses.
    • Unfettered Strikes: Now properly stacks additional Run Speed Bonuses.
    • Weapon Damage increased by roughly 20%.
  • Trickster Rogue
    • Skullcracker: Tooltip now mentions movement speed buff. This buff has been reduced to 15% (down from 25%).
    • Now correctly have 75% Deflect Severity again.
  • Oathbound Paladin
    • Updated Animation timing FX and Audio for Paladin powers including Valorous Strike and Smite.

Content and Environment
  • Drowned Shore now has all of its Scrying Stones.
  • Queues unlocked for Cragmire Crypts, Gray Wolf Den and Temple of the Spider dungeons for both level 70 Epic versions and 3 man leveling versions.
  • Temple of the Spider Queen has received a pass on enemy placement.
  • The Dungeon Key tutorial Quest is now available at level 19.

Enemies
  • Cragmire Keep: Traven Blackdagger and his crew have hauled in a large keg to keep Travens thirst for life with Mead. He has incorporated this into his fighting style including access to using them for firebombs.
  • Gray Wolf Den: Marrowslake has mastered the powers of werewolf regeneration with the help of red spirit wolves.
  • Temple of the Spider Queen: Syndrith has updated her already vast magical arsenal. She can now tap into powers far greater when transformed into a Drider.

Items and Economy
  • Enchantments and Runestones can now be upgraded to Rank 12.
  • Injury Kits item levels are adjusted so that you actually have to use the item at your character level. For example, a level 60 character still needs to use Greater Injury Kit even if her level is scaled to 30 in a specific area.
  • Professions: The level cap for Mailsmithing has been raised to 25. including new tasks.
  • Professions: Weaponsmithing now has Paladin items.
  • Price of Party Poppers has been reduced to 500 AD, down from 2500 AD.

Performance and Stability
  • Resolved several crashes and performance issues with the FX and Animation system.
  • FX system threading performance and stability updates.

User Interface
  • Paladin Tutorial pop ups are now implemented
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• jwmousejwmouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited February 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • General
      • Stat curves updated to be more uniform and predictable across multiple stats. The trend is so that for about every 400 of a stat it gives 1% of an appropriate amount.
    • Great Weapon Fighter
      • Countless Scars: Now properly stacks additional Damage Resistance bonuses.
      • Unfettered Strikes: Now properly stacks additional Run Speed Bonuses.
      • Weapon Damage increased by roughly 20%.
    • Trickster Rogue
      • Skullcracker: Tooltip now mentions movement speed buff. This buff has been reduced to 15% (down from 25%).
      • Now correctly have 75% Deflect Severity again.
    • Oathbound Paladin
      • Updated Animation timing FX and Audio for Paladin powers including Valorous Strike and Smite.

Content and Environment
    • Drowned Shore now has all of its Scrying Stones.
    • Queues unlocked for Cragmire Crypts, Gray Wolf Den and Temple of the Spider dungeons for both level 70 Epic versions and 3 man leveling versions.
    • Temple of the Spider Queen has received a pass on enemy placement.
    • The Dungeon Key tutorial Quest is now available at level 19.

Enemies
    • Cragmire Keep: Traven Blackdagger and his crew have hauled in a large keg to keep Travens thirst for life with Mead. He has incorporated this into his fighting style including access to using them for firebombs.
    • Gray Wolf Den: Marrowslake has mastered the powers of werewolf regeneration with the help of red spirit wolves.
    • Temple of the Spider Queen: Syndrith has updated her already vast magical arsenal. She can now tap into powers far greater when transformed into a Drider.

Items and Economy
    • Enchantments and Runestones can now be upgraded to Rank 12.
    • Injury Kits item levels are adjusted so that you actually have to use the item at your character level. For example, a level 60 character still needs to use Greater Injury Kit even if her level is scaled to 30 in a specific area.
    • Professions: The level cap for Mailsmithing has been raised to 25. including new tasks.
    • Professions: Weaponsmithing now has Paladin items.
    • Price of Party Poppers has been reduced to 500 AD, down from 2500 AD.

Performance and Stability
    • Resolved several crashes and performance issues with the FX and Animation system.

User Interface
    • Paladin Tutorial pop ups are now implemented

when can we use all the feats from lvling to fully test the paladin?
  • sndxdeadxshootsndxdeadxshoot Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • General

How are you going to get people to do campaigns then? The boons won't even be worth it, and people would just skip over them, this balance needs to be rebalanced.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    yes theirs really not much left to test of the paladin but the paragon feats
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why do we need Rank 12s, seriously?
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Potions and Consumables
    No Potions, Consumables or Artifacts are working in scaled content. This also affects Tymora's Lucky Coin, Injury Kits and the Adorable Pocket Pet.
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Will there be an official feedback thread for the changes to the dungeons? Because I've got some feedback on how stats where showing on the low-level dungeons from the level scaling.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So no more level 60 dungeons?

Or did I miss that we would still have level 60 epics and then level 70 legendaries? Because that would be quite nice.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Something's wrong with the three man dungeons or they are simply unfinished. It's below solo content for my CW (endboss goes down in seconds) and in Temple of the Spider the lvl 55 blue gear from the normal version drops. I'd say the enemies don't scale to the group size of three at least.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    vedran541 wrote: »
    Why do we need Rank 12s, seriously?

Don't know
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Guys...Pure Vorpal Enchantments and then Transcendent Vorpal Enchantments...now up on PTS :o
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Guys...Pure Vorpal Enchantments and then Transcendent Vorpal Enchantments...now up on PTS :o
    Saaaaaaaaaayyyyyy whaaaaattt????
    va8Ru.gif
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is this a mistake or am I not seeing something, this looks like our current rank 10.

uw7o3Px.png
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Is this a mistake or am I not seeing something, this looks like our current rank 10.

uw7o3Px.png

Omg, target's defense to 0? how pathetic that is!. has any developper noticed those posts that nobody likes those rank 11 and 12 enchantments yet?. and will they still keep going with that upgrade?
    edited February 2015
    Omg, target's defense to 0? how pathetic that is!. has any developper noticed those posts that nobody likes those rank 11 and 12 enchantments yet?. and will they still keep going with that upgrade?
    Not to 0%, by 0%, as in it does nothing. To 0% would be overpowered, by 0% leaves me saying, "and I want to upgrade that why?".
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They actually seem to have made making the higher ranks less punitive than the ones before. I just wonder if they might go back and normalize some of the prior requirements, or if you'll still have to get past those first.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Not to 0%, by 0%, as in it does nothing. To 0% would be overpowered, by 0% leaves me saying, "and I want to upgrade that why?".

oh.. lol i went blind. but u're right, why would anyone upgrade it? i think they meant "to" instead of "by". if that so, no point on picking defense stats, when even in 0 critical, u will land a critical; so their defense will be 0 x_x.
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    oh.. lol i went blind. but u're right, why would anyone upgrade it? i think they meant "to" instead of "by". if that so, no point on picking defense stats, when even in 0 critical, u will land a critical; so their defense will be 0 x_x.

Nope. I think the tooltip is correct. Probably the next level, "Transcendent" will reduce the target defence by x% on a critical hit, hopefully for the next attack, instead of reducing in a x amount for every strike...
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Nope. I think the tooltip is correct. Probably the next level, "Transcendent" will reduce the target defence by x% on a critical hit, hopefully for the next attack, instead of reducing in a x amount for every strike...

That would still leave a rank 11 the same as a rank 10. Not exactly an improvement.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    transcendent hRlNRQf.png
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As everything is still WIP, maybe theyll reduce the crit severity of a rank 10, to favor this one. Who knows.

EDIT: Oh well, as @koalazebra1 just posted the transcendent, its obvious theyll just add the % reduced later.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

Yup. News broke out in pmvspm few hours ago and people were linking those. The cost of upgrading wasn't as expensive as I feared.
    edited February 2015
    Who runs dungeons anymore? Even 10k GS pugs immediately go to Tiamat.

Dungeons haven't been farmable for well over a year now.
    Which is the reason Dungeon difficulty is being increased, along with the level cap to 70.

Now, I am hoping the "Legendary Dungeon" difficulties are compensated with appropriate rewards for the increased difficulty. I have faith the Devs will do this. Others may not have said faith, but I do... ;)
    va8Ru.gif
    edited February 2015
    I have faith the Devs will do this. Others may not have said faith, but I do... ;)

I hope your faith is rewarded because it will benefit everyone in the game who are affected by the further increase in powercreep.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    One designer's hand taketh away while the other giveth in spades....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • weyasago123weyasago123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Am I dreaming or what. You don't need a duplicate enchantment to level it up Rank 11 and above? You only need blue marks and a greater mark of potency? if it stays this way then good if not then meh.
    edited February 2015
    Am I dreaming or what. You don't need a duplicate enchantment to level it up Rank 11 and above? You only need blue marks and a greater mark of potency? if it stays this way then good if not then meh.

That would be AMAZING!
    va8Ru.gif
  • mordecai24mordecai24 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have made a Rank 12 Rad, and you don't need 2 Rank 10's to make a Rank 11 or 2 Rank 11's to mark a Rank 12 :)
  • psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am not sure why, but my lvl 61 Renegade Storm CW was randomly one shot killing mobs in the Burning Shores. I even hit the Giant Crab event boss with 1 single chill strike to kill him in one encounter, but in a second encounter it took the same character and multiple additional characters to kill him.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Syndrith's Drider Form

I did Temple of the Spider on normal difficulty earlier. Syndrith never took drider form.

I like the changes to normal dungeons, however there is one thing I think they need to be worthwhile during leveling. Experience points. Currently they just give experience for the mobs. Maybe add a quest or two worth of experience to the end chest, a daily, or both?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I am not sure why, but my lvl 61 Renegade Storm CW was randomly one shot killing mobs in the Burning Shores. I even hit the Giant Crab event boss with 1 single chill strike to kill him in one encounter, but in a second encounter it took the same character and multiple additional characters to kill him.

there is a SW nearby and you've been buffed by the broken dark revelry
This discussion has been closed.