test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Guardian Fighter Cap Raise

rrshendevrrshendev Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
Greetings Adventurers!

In conjunction with the forthcoming raise to the level cap, each class will see additions and adjustments. This content will gradually be made available on our preview shard. As it becomes available we would very much like to collect your feedback!

This thread will be focused on the Guardian Fighter. Initially only new class features and feats will be made available, however this thread will be updated alongside the preview shard in the future.

Class Features
The following class features will become available at 60 points.

Desperate Survival - Increase your deflect chance by 1/2/3%. When your HP is below 30% your Stamina regenerates 30% faster. Each rank increases the HP Threshold by 5%.

Shield Warrior's Wrath - When you successfully block an attack you gain 1% increased damage, stacking up to 5 times. Lasts 15 seconds. Rank: +1% damage.

Feats

Conqueror:
  • Jagged Blades - When you critically strike a foe they begin bleeding. This bleed lasts 15 seconds and deals 50/100/150/200/250% of your weapon damage over its duration.
  • Crushing Shield - Your Shield Slam and Tide of Iron powers now deal 4/8/12/16/20% more damage.

Protector:
  • Unshakable Line - Each ally within 20' of you increases your Stamina Regen by 2/4/6/8/10%.
  • Devoted Protector - When you block an attack you gain 1/2/3/4/5% increased Deflect Chance for 6 seconds.

Tactician:
  • Rousing Speech - Allies within 30' of you gain AP 1/2/3/4/5% faster.
  • United - Allies within 30' of you take 1/2/3/4/5% less damage.
Post edited by rrshendev on

Comments

• rrshendevrrshendev Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Feedback

We need to collect as much feedback as possible on this so we can tweak the Guardian Fighter in PVE and performance in PVP. Given that, we would like you to categorize and color code your feedback so we can sort it and act on it most effectively! Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)

Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.

(Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:

Bug: Destroyer
    Destroyer’s Purpose didn’t grant stacks while dealing damage.

I feel like I don’t have enough tools to stay alive under fire now and it makes tanking too hard.

Please try to play for a few hours to get used to the new powers of Guardian Fighter. Thank you again for all your help Adventurers! We look forward to hearing back from you!
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited January 2015
    Rrshendev is a Dev she just hasn't sacrificed 3 goats to the gods at PWE to get her official title yet. :eek:
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Moderator Notice:

As with all other such threads, please restrict your posts to useable feedback in the format requested. The devs are looking for numbers and figures to tweak the changes before live release. Parses and ACT logs are helpful in this matter, as are screenshots. Also, be aware that posting your text in cyan does not automatically tag it as valid feedback--the content of your post must be constructive feedback.

Attacks on another poster's feedback or opinion, or anything not related to your experience with the changes posted to this thread will be moderated accordingly without further public notice. Posts based on conjecture without valid testing, where applicable, will be removed.

To ensure that the devs get the feedback in a logical and orderly manner, we're having to enforce this rather strictly. Please do make sure that your feedback is in the format specified in the opening posts of this thread, or it will be moved.

Please do not respond to or reply to this notice, but use the PM system to address your concerns, per Rules of Conduct, Section V.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Hey guys, I'm working on getting rrshendev's account flagged as a dev...vbulleitin's interface is being difficult.

UPDATE: Fixed it! :D
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm working on getting rrshendev's account flagged as a dev...vbulleitin's interface is being difficult.

They have the "PW" icon by their post...her posts are also appearing in the DT now.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Jagged Blades
    When striking multiple foes at once, the closest enemy starts bleeding instead of the one that received the crit.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug #1: When you choose respec, and you must choose between the Iron Vanguard and the Sword Master paragon paths, all the additional class features for both paths appears on both choices. For example, Jagged Blades appears for Sword Master. So, if someone respecs on SM and expects to get the class feature Jagged Blade, he will not find it (desperate survival and shield wrath warrior only). Also, one can choose the feats (3rd tier) and select the jagged blade slot for a class feature that is not part of the paragon path chosen. Usually Paragon specific choices switch out.

Bug #2: In the feats section, you only have 46 feat points total now.

Bug #3: In selecting ability scores, level 70 does not have any modifiers listed.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

edited January 2015
    Bugs that occur in activation of targeted encounter powers and some daily powers

Bug #4:The daily power and targeted encounters (like Lunging Strike, Griffon's Wrath, Bull Charge) do not appear as ready in the power tray even though they are ready to be used. Additionally, there is a 0.5-1sec delay upon pressing the encounter and its action on the screen.

Bug #5: Without Steel Blitz slotted, I sometimes get double use out of encounter powers (like Anvil of Doom).

• killernorekillernore Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    feedback Protector:

Unshakable Line - Each ally within 20' of you increases your Stamina Regen by 2/4/6/8/10%.(meh another skill do these and better)
    Devoted Protector - When you block an attack you gain 1/2/3/4/5% increased Deflect Chance for 6 seconds.(good one)

these two feat are good but no enough to tanking roll in pvp/pve whit the change regeneration and LS stats

i think one feat whit -% to get critical strike or another one whit lower the time and % dmg of dot will be better for protector

Feedback Tactician:

Rousing Speech - Allies within 30' of you gain AP 1/2/3/4/5% faster.(too low)
    United - Allies within 30' of you take 1/2/3/4/5% less damage.(useless)

too bad feat´s.... first rousing speech we already have martial mastery soo these feat is a very small version of that whit - range and - efficiency soo no one take that.

Second United 5% less another chinise version of KV (Lagvalor). Very poor feat´s

i know tactician is buffer but the Gf can get benefice their own buff?. and a better version of United every time you block the allies within 30' of you heal 10 % of dmg per rank.

Rousing Speech every time you active a daily power the enemy´s 30' of you are forced to attack you for 1 seg per rank (only pve) or another idea for that.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Feedback - GF Desperate Survival

This class feature is so weak compared to GWF features:
    GF Desperate Survival - Increase your deflect chance by 1/2/3%. When your HP is below 30% your Stamina regenerates 30% faster. Each rank increases the HP Threshold by 5%.
    vs
    GWF Warrior's Courage - Gain 5/10/15% Damage Resistance when below 50% HP. Gain 3/6/9% Deflect chance when below 25% HP.

First off DR scales non-linearly because you add it to DR (for example it has double value at .50 DR vs at .00 DR)

For example change of damage received for going from 50 to 65% DR is:
    Percentage of former damage = [(Damage)*(1-.65)]/[(Damage)*(1-.50)] = .35/.50 = .7

Meaning getting this GWF skill when you are sitting at .50 DR would result in a 30% reduction in damage received just from the DR bonus, and it only gets more extreme from there.

On the other hand you itemized GFs so they have zero dependence on stamina, but you keep tossing in skills like stamina does something for a GF that builds tanky.

For example, Golden Dragons Courage causes Shield Slam to go from 5% stamina gain *per strike* to 10% and 15% depending on how far you get it. What appears to be a small bonus "+5%" and "+10%" effectively doubles and triples the value of using Shield Slam for sustain blocking, and as a result you added perma block via itemization, and now you double back and act as if stamina matters to a tank? It only matters to low end tanks, or people that don't build tanky (and thus are ignoring these skills in the first place).
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2015

The Tactician has no feat that boosts any daily powers unlike the Conqueror and the Protector, which both have a feat that makes two daily powers better.
    I suggest to modify a feat of the Tactician so that it provides additionally to what it already does a buff to Fighter's Recovery and Indomitable strength, since these two daily powers aren't covered by the Conqueror tree or the Protector tree.
  • lightsmilelightsmile Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Conqueror, feat Jugged Blades

Progress in this feat doesn't work, damage is similar in level 1 and level 5.
    edited January 2015

This will not be a rage on the loss of incombat self-healing. Rather, I will make an observation about the % incoming healing incombat formula. At 2300 points regeneration, I had a 13% (ish) incoming healing bonus. At 1870 regeneration, the incoming healing bonus dropped to a staggering 5.7%. This seems like a rather steep dropoff with only a redistribution of 400ish points.

Additionally, the out of combat regeneration seems to be tied to maximum hit points, rather than missing hit points. This is a great boost. I several times as soon as combat was over, would regenerate for 10k+ hit points in 1 tick. In combat though, I am much weaker, even in a party where the DC was providing healing during a heroic encounter. I am using many more potions than I have in solo PvE content (not including HEs), unless I must adjust my play intentionally to play with hit points less than 50%, where many bonuses for the GF seem to activate.

• aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Nice idea but I do not see any use in this sudden explosion of class feats for a Guardian Fighter at this point; besides the other new class feats there would be need for another Encounter for area damage besides Enforcing Threat.

Desperate Survival class feat could be merged with Enhanced Mark to give this old class feat some usefulness for Guardians in PvP and even PvE after the point where they do not need any more threat to hold adversaries on them.

Bug: Desperate Survival

Even at rank 3 it only gives 3% to Deflection Chance instead of 5% as it should.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rrshendev wrote: »

Desperate Survival - Increase your deflect chance by 1/2/3%. When your HP is below 30% your Stamina regenerates 30% faster. Each rank increases the HP Threshold by 5%.

Honestly. I would LOVE to see something like this turn into some sort of "shield wall" that activates when the GF goes under x% HP. This could mirror Ferocious Reaction and give the GF 5 seconds immunity to all damage and something like 50% increased healing for 5 seconds.

This could trigger once every minute. Again just mimic Ferocious. Heck you could even have a GF slot BOTH those feats and self heal + 5 second immunity. However only happen once a minute.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Feedback

I am a Protector GF specced for tanking, I've done some testing on the Preview server until I hit level 61, after doing some hourly quests and heroic encounters. At the moment the only thing I can say for sure is that the new class features and paragon feats are not worth considering at all, given they are so lackluster. Desperate Survival is extremely weak and I cannot see it replacing any other class feature in any occasion. The new protector line feats have low range and minimal effects, so I'll just invest the new 10 points into something from the Tactician line if things stay as they are.
    As for the overall changes to the class coming from regen/lifesteal and stats changes nothing can be said right now because the content provided is too easy to provide any challenge (I could probably do it naked) and the PvP queue was disabled.
  • deadshadows86deadshadows86 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I still wait for see what else is comming but there is already this :

Desperate Survival : Like the name implies, it should better be a highter chance of deflect as life goes down, While you are desperately trying to survive, your reflexes increase giving you more chance to deflect ... So i would say then life goes from 70% (1% more deflect) to 30% (5/10/15% of deflect) shouldn't be game breaking and making the gf still a good enough survivability in solo play ... Well the 3% at max rank is pretty much useless and the stamina isn't a problem so i don't see the point in this skill ...

For the 2 tactician new feat, 30' seem pretty low, as distance classes have most of skills being 80' if the CW, SW, HR, DC and the 40' TR daggers isn't even in the radius i don't really see the point, maybe making it 50' like most of draconic templar shouldn't be a problem and give it at least a more usefull use ... (and for the protector one 20' could also become a 30' or even 40', but the stamina regen as a protector shouldn't be a problem as they already have a feat for it to decrease less ...)

Well it will still make the sentinel gwf still being more tank than gf even with the modification up there ... (with theirs new skill + feat : +30% DR below 50% hp, as already just below the GF DR they will have more DR and do much more damage and as unstoppable give them 40-80% of DR ... and the worst : Destroyer path should be able to take this feat too ... giving them also 30% DR then below 50%)

It's sure, the stats change should make the gf play different, but as most of my equipment is still non upgraded to the new stats (item level still 60) i think we will see what it will become ...
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Anyone watch the live stream today? The Paladin can heal better than a DC, and tank better than a GF... Might as well close this thread and we all go get a beer and make youtube videos of us deleting our accounts while playing campfire songs
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    These changes are nothing short of a spit in the face to every player with a GF main.

Angry, Betrayed are the kindest words I can use to describe how I feel after flood of feedback and pleading we have give this last year.
    GF - Sigh
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    freshour wrote: »
    Anyone watch the live stream today? The Paladin can heal better than a DC, and tank better than a GF... Might as well close this thread and we all go get a beer and make youtube videos of us deleting our accounts while playing campfire songs

^^^^
    OPaladin has reworked Stalwart bulkwark in an encounter effect.Plus a varieties of Auras.I t has higher DR and FORCES the enemy adds to attack.
    Considering tanking and dps ,paladin is miles ahead.

GWF changes will give him greater DR than the most tanky GF,plus 2x the DPS.Lol.Devs hate Guardian Fighters :)

GWf Sent and paladin will be far better tanks than GF.

Edit:jagged Blades feat:250% of weapon damage =3k over 15 secs.Lol .That one extra att will in 15 secs.great feat thanks!!!Considering the lv65 adds have about 40k hp with this amazing feat we can kill it in only 7 minutes!!! great!!Our DPS has skyrocketed!! :)
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Edit:jagged Blades feat:250% of weapon damage =3k over 15 secs.Lol .That one extra att will in 15 secs.great feat thanks!!!Considering the lv65 adds have about 40k hp with this amazing feat we can kill it in only 7 minutes!!! great!!Our DPS has skyrocketed!! :)

Hopefully it's adjusted to match the righteous DC's feat. Seems only fair..... rational.....
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I may be wrong, but i play GF since day 1 of Open Beta, and GF's have been useless and the joke of the game for 3/4 of the game live, now it was not a strong, but was usefull in a party but removing all way we had of self-healing, adding a class that holds aggro better and takes less dmg based on increase DR skills + selfhealing + dmg immunity sound to me GF's now instead of being the 7TH less played class will become the 8th.

its fun how a class that is in the game since day 1, is still here when every module there's less and less player playing it, at the same time it looks like the only class working as designed, cuz it was never OP. it was never 5 GF´s ruling PVP or 5GF´s running every dungeons alone, never got dmg increased or decreased while all others did.´

i would like to see GF have a rework like DC's did, cuz when DC were not needed they become the new High dps class for PVE, so instead of making the need for healer in PVE the problem was fix for turning it into a DPS, so when its GF time to let Paladins tank and lets GF do dmg like DC do now?
  • aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    xtremoz wrote: »
    ... removing all way we had of self-healing, ...
    Was there any word of changing Fighter's Recovery?
    If not, then it will still work as before the change to Life Steal and it is a solid option for the Guardian Fighter to heal herself up neglecting higher damage by a Daily power for this heal.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    aethanas wrote: »
    Was there any word of changing Fighter's Recovery?
    If not, then it will still work as before the change to Life Steal and it is a solid option for the Guardian Fighter to heal herself up neglecting higher damage by a Daily power for this heal.

Fighter's Recovery works like before. (thankfully, or we would be in a giant mess)
    Of course, it does not fully make up for the loss of regeneration.
    One thing is using the daily to recover from severe sudden loss of health, another is using it to mitigate constant streams of low damage (low damage that may eventually kill you or expose you more to sudden death if not healed back).
  • wraithman40wraithman40 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug Report:
    GF's are still unable to apply their "guard" (block) to Temporary Health Points. (this makes "wrathful warrior" nearly useless, and weakens the advantage of "Iron Warrior"

Protector got some great stuff! Really did. Keep it as is, I love it.

Conqueror's feats feel weak. We got a damage buff to defensive abilities (could be ok, and make those abilities rather nice), but the Jagged blades doing 2.5 weapon swings over 15 seconds seems really weak. I understand its looking like a weaker deep gash, but it just seems very lackluster, maybe if it was over 5 or ten seconds it would be more useful. (on a side note, could the feat "powerful challenge" have its tool-tip rewritten to that its more clear what exactly it does?

Nearly all the conqueror feats except for Tactical superiority and the capstone are rather lackluster, usually for pretty simple reasons like cleave doing 15% more dmg but not other at-wills, unlike GWF's and other classes, who get more general buffs. I understand GF's aren't damage dealers, and their base at will damages and weapon damages already enforce that. It'd be nice if the feats lined up so that they will always do less damage, but grew more proportionately to damage dealers, and Mod 6 seems like a great time to do that.
  • datura80datura80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vaulwyn wrote: »
    These changes are nothing short of a spit in the face to every player with a GF main.

Angry, Betrayed are the kindest words I can use to describe how I feel after flood of feedback and pleading we have give this last year.

I mean, sounds pretty harsh >> but I have a GF main and I feel like I've ready a TONNE of feedback posts in the past 6 months to a year that provide MUCH needed ideas on how to improve GF. I don't think any of what has been done here is what we are/were looking for. Especially with the threat of being replaced as main tank by the Paladin.

I'm pretty sad as well, as I love my GF. I only hope that the dev's will give this another pass and give us more to keep us wanted / needed in a party as well as some much needed DPS and something to help now that Life Steal and Regen are nerfed HARDCORE.

>>we can't regen/deflect/absorb anymore
    >>we can't do damage
    >>our buffs aren't even necessary anymore with Paladin

What now is our role in the party? Angry, betrayed .... you are quite right vaulwyn.

Harsh but truthful words.
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You want some real feedback? Then I suggest trying to address the issues put forth by the GF community.

Literally nothing was addressed, not one thing.
    GF - Sigh
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback : can we have super respec token From GF to Paladin ?

Cuz the way i see GF in mod 6 will be from dead class to super dead claas. Nice upgrade :)
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Cuz the way i see GF in mod 6 will be from dead class to super dead claas. Nice upgrade :)

This is what I want.
    If dev's have no freaking idea, what role/feats/powers etc GF should have, let us to choose and just remove GF's from server.

I really feel, dev's hates this class. Don't know why.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015

Yep, I'm starting to feel this way as well.

Let us become level 60 OPs with access to our boons and then just delete the GF.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
This discussion has been closed.