test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Curse of Icewind Dale Preview Patch Notes NW.15.20140331a.3

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Character
  • Made a polish pass on all of the Icewind Dale Fashion sets such as the Wild Noble Set.

Combat and Balance
  • Companions are now immune to Black Ice damage to help them better survive in Icewind Dale
  • Greatweapon Fighter: Feat: Destroyer's Purpose: This feat now gives 2% (up from 1%) per stack and now lasts 25 seconds (up from 20 seconds).
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Aspect of the Pack: Now correctly grants Combat Advantage to allies instead of only granting it to the Ranger. The Ranger still benefits from this effect as well.
    • Boar Charge: This power now requires a target to be fired.
    • Clear the Ground: Damage increased by roughly 50%.
    • Commanding Shot: This power now also gains +10% damage when it ranks up.
    • Electric Shot: Damage increased by roughly 100%.
    • Fox Shift: This power may now strike any one target a maximum of 2 times.
    • Hawkeye: This power was redesigned. It now grants you 15% bonus damage on the next attack. Allies gain half this benefit (based on the rank of the power).
    • Hunter's Teamwork: Can now be picked up by allies not on your team. Both they and your team will be healed.
    • Oakskin: Healing increased by 150%.
    • Slasher's Mark: Damage increase by 300%.
    • Split the Sky: Base Damage of this power increased by roughly 40%. Additionally fixed a bug with the way weapon damage was calculated by this power. There should be no net change from this fix.
    • Thorn Strike: Base Damage of this power increased by roughly 40%.

Content
  • New PvP Domination Heroic Encounter is now active in Icewind Pass! Every hour, compete with your fellow adventurers in a PvP Domination style Heroic encounter and fight over control points. Then, the side that wins must mine the Black Ice Motherload that erupts. The losing side can still take control of the motherload and call on the aid of a powerful golem to help harass the miners if the activation switches are not properly defended.
  • Dungeon Keys are now enabled! Check with Knox to be introduced to the Keymaster.
  • New Weekly quest: “Biggrin’s Tomb”, see your preferred Mercenary Contract NPC to start this quest once a week.
  • Characters above level 15 no longer get the class mechanic unlock tutorial.
  • Correcting the summary and objective text in quests "Safe Keeping" and "Needless Distractions" to specify Raw Black Ice.
  • During quest "Strung Up", fires now flare up when meat is thrown into them.
  • Dwarf Stew now properly recognizes when you rescue captive dwarves.
  • Mannequins now show off the Icewind Dale fashion sets for sale by Atenas in Caer-Konig.
  • Removed the Bear Riders at the end wave of the Protect the Merchant Heroic Encounter.
  • The Scrying Orbs in Dwarven Valley now properly count for the related achievements.
  • The doors in the quest "Holed Up" now disappear when opened.
  • There is now a corresponding mercenary contract icon over the heads of the Mercenary Contract givers in Caer-Konig.
  • There is now a new Quest on Sgt. Knox, "The Best of the Best" for an introduction to the PvP Campaign.

Enemies
  • The Trolls of Dwarven Pass now have better looking weapons.
  • Totems of Auril can no longer be one shot to kill them off early before their third stage.

Environment
  • Additional work and polish on Dwarven Valley.
  • Additional work and polish on Icewind Pass.
  • Caer-Konig has received a performance pass.
  • Mannequins no longer have cold breath FX.
  • The Black Ice Forge in Caer-Konig is complete.
  • The Ebonfrost Screen now has a large platform in the middle of it.
  • There is now a small wall surrounding the Ebonfrost Scree to better denote the PvP area and help prevent any accidental flagging.

Items and Economy
  • Hunter Ranger PVP sets will no longer incorrectly benefit from power or crit.
  • Fixed Tenacity and HP values on Black Ice gear that could be higher than intended in some cases.
  • Frozenfar Expeditions has updated pricing and item availability.
  • New Collections have received additional art, text and some were reordered to a more consistent manner.
  • Updated icons for Black Ice resources and more!
  • Vault of Piety: Elixir of Fate: This Elixir now correctly lasts 1 hour and persists through death.

User Interface
  • Adjusted the overworld map and how Icewind Dale presents itself from the Sword Coast perspective.
  • Auction House "Searching…" text now pulses while it is displayed to better indicate that it is still searching for results.
  • Heroic Encounters all have updated icons on the map!
  • Increased the Currency bag by 5 for a total of 65 slots.
  • Resolved an issue with Black Ice profession tasks not showing the possible results based on the quality of the tools used.
  • Some triggered powers can now put red floater texts over enemies heads similar to how blue positive ones can fly off your character.
  • There is now a keybind to Claim Heroic Encounter rewards (Ctrl+F).
  • There is now an account shared bank with 8 slots available for all accounts at the Manycoins Bank.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    This is currently scheduled to go to Preview today around 12 noon PST.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    There is now an account shared bank with 8 slots available for all accounts at the Manycoins Bank.

Awesome :eek:

I have a question, those materials that drop from the Heroic Encounters and that we need them in order to craft Black Ice equipment, is it possible to sell them in the AH or are they BoP? I ask here because there's a new pvp heroic encounter and those mats might drop only there and it would be very difficult to some players to get them.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is now an account shared bank with 8 slots available for all accounts at the Manycoins Bank.
    Increased the Currency bag by 5 for a total of 65 slots.

Niiiiice very nice patch , especially for HR .

I have a question, those materials that drop from the Heroic Encounters and that we need them in order to craft Black Ice equipment, is it possible to sell them in the AH or are they BoP? I ask here because there's a new pvp heroic encounter and those mats might drop only there and it would be very difficult to some players to get them.

By the sounds of it there are no enemy mobs involved in the new pvp heroic encounter ,its just a version of domination in the pvp area of the map and the winners get to mine a bunch of black ice.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • sicxs666sicxs666 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    please implement a "sort" button for the currency bag
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can my CW get 100-300% damage buffs on shard of endless avalanche please? :cool:

On a more serious tone, I don't get why you devs make so many successive versions of the same icons and change them at least 3-4 times before a release. To me, an icon is an icon, as long as it's not a big black square, it's fine, but you're the pros here. :o
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Some really good notes :D. Though the quality of tools has me partially worried. Mostly because I'm ad poor atm ):
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    User Interface
    • There is now an account shared bank with 8 slots available for all accounts at the Manycoins Bank.

Is this planned to be expandable at some point? Because the refining Marks alone consume 13 slots.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    I think you probably mean "mother lode", not "motherload."

You can use either , they both have the same meaning.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/motherload
    edited April 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Is this planned to be expandable at some point? Because the refining Marks alone consume 13 slots.

I find it unlikely that they won't charge zen for more slots, which is great!
  • serenlaelyseserenlaelyse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [*]Mannequins no longer have cold breath FX.

Aww :( I thought that was intentional!
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    can you please make sure u fix my non existent ap gain from storm pillar asap please?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can't find a way to access my account bank.
    edited April 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    I can't find a way to access my account bank.

It should be just there ,under your regular bank slots.

sTtPj3U.jpg

dodgo wrote: »
    can you please make sure u fix my non existent ap gain from storm pillar asap please?

I think that's intended , somebody was asking about it in another thread and said it still gives AP gain in combat ,just none out of combat.
    edited April 2014
    The price of the DD chest keys is pretty much spot on , 2500 AD for regular dungeon key and 5000 AD for epic is fair good job

If the first bag in your inventory is full you cannot buy a key even if you have several empty bags or spaces after the first bag , you just get a message ' no space in inventory ' or something along those lines.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    icehand merchant hat is no longer on the head. I do not know if the change was accidental, but could go back to the old model? Thank you.

edit: now i see: the hat remains the same. the only thing that has changed is the cloth that once covered the hair.

I prefer the old way, anyway.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ahhh. I scrolled down, but not enough to see the shared account bank. Guess I have too many personal bank spaces.
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    If the first bag in your inventory is full you cannot buy a key even if you have several empty bags or spaces after the first bag , you just get a message ' no space in inventory ' or something along those lines.

The daily key has the same issue.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I think that's intended , somebody was asking about it in another thread and said it still gives AP gain in combat ,just none out of combat.

Then it's not working correctly, cause I randomly get AP out of combat. Just have to try long enough.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    The price of the DD chest keys is pretty much spot on , 2500 AD for regular dungeon key and 5000 AD for epic is fair good job

I think that is a fair price. Relatively cheap so that anyone can constantly buy them. Not too cheap so that it might be prone to exploits
    edited April 2014

I'm not sure about the regular keys tbh. Can you even get anything worth 2500 from those? The 5k one can be steep for some but still fairly reasonable.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Character
    • Made a polish pass on all of the Icewind Dale Fashion sets such as the Wild Noble Set.

So when will something be done about the horribly broken, incredibly ugly, and distressingly option-free character creation? Removing all the original options is a horrid idea, and the new options are full of bugs like ears not touching heads, new hair clipping through new heads, non-functional transparency on hair textures, missing textures, I could go on... :P
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Combat and Balance

Hunter Ranger

Excellent stuff here guys! Thanks so much for replacing Split Shot with solid upgrades! I'm especially excited about the damage bump to Clear the Ground/Electric Shot (It needed it badly), the healing bump on oaken skin (also badly needed), and Thorn Ward changes (Didn't need it but hooray! Also looking forward to it's reworked mechanics with Royal Guard 4/4 set!)

I look forward to trying out Pathfinder now that I know there are multiple viable At-Will options to choose from for a support/DPS! (And don't think that I didn't notice that you guys have been playing TERA Mystics, kudos on a solid rework on an interesting gameplay option!)
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    After some fairly deep thought regarding the price of the Dungeon Keys, I have to agree that the Epic ones are just about perfectly priced.

Why? Because the absolute worst case scenario is that you get a crappy ring or neck that you have to Salvage for 3k, which is only a 2k loss on the key, or alternatively getting a t2 armor or weapon that you actually need or can salvage for 10k and double your money.

so when you lose, you only lose a little, but when you win, you win big
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I ABSOLUTELY love what you did with the Icewind peasants cap. Being able to wear it, and still keep our hair, and without clipping is simply wonderful.

Now, any chance we can get this done on other hats? Like the Arcane wanderers cap and many of the rogue hats. Pretty please.
    edited April 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I ABSOLUTELY love what you did with the Icewind peasants cap. Being able to wear it, and still keep our hair, and without clipping is simply wonderful.

It just goes to show that the hats can be completely fixed and clipping removed if they put their minds to it, I love the peasants cap too but the old one had one broken horn and one whole horn , now both horns are whole , where did the broken one go ? it gave the hat personality -.-
    They also fixed the Merchants outfit and gave it a new color , you can see your characters hair under the hat now ,looks tidy , wish they did a graphics fix pass over every hat , armor etc .
  • zideczidec Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Greatweapon Fighter: Feat: Destroyer's Purpose: This feat now gives 2% (up from 1%) per stack and now lasts 25 seconds (up from 20 seconds).
    whats this a joke?
    ok no problem lets all play gwf
    are u aware of gwf and tr(standing alone defending 1 flag against 3 enemies by his stealth abilities and killing all them)
    u nerf hr and then u give %300 bonus damage equals to 14-16k damage to mobs if hits critical if you have g/p vorpal :D
    i cant understand what u want to do,can you explain us whats your purpose
    edited April 2014
    zidec wrote: »
    i cant understand what u want to do,can you explain us whats your purpose

It probably has something to do with all the changes to GWF that were introduced in this patch a couple of weeks back : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635631-Curse-of-Icewind-Dale-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-15-20140314a-5
  • zideczidec Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    correct me if i am wrong:
    (''destroyer'' class skill+''focused destroyer'' feat)*3 stacks=%19,5 bonus damage
    steel blitz=%36 bonus damage
    ''destroyer's purpose'' feat=%20 bonus damage(if %1 per stack) or %40 bonus damage(if %2 per stack)
    totally;19,5+36+20=%75,5 bonus damage (if destroyer purpose %1 per stack)
    or
    totally;19,5+36+40=%95,5 bonus damage (if destroyer purpose %2 per stack)(it says %2 in patch notes but shows %1 in preview server)
    i dont think of other feats
    everyone says that gwf nerfed? everyone thinks gwf nerfed? no i dont think so :D
    you giving gwf huge power like trs'
    thats ok if you want to give them this power but dont nerf other classes
    for example hr doesnt need %300 bonus damage equals to %100 action points that means 14-16k critical hit damage with p vorp.
    just compare with the powers of tr gwf,its that easy
    destroyer gwf can hit with right feats that amount without critical,just think about it
    an advice; hr's pathfinder-ambush encounter(ranged)
    give bonus damage to movers too and give lesser cooldowns or make more effective cooldown feats
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Wow, just when I thought good HRs were going to be fight-able in PVP, this happened.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Totems of Auril once gotten to half damage no longer take damage?

How do you destroy them in the epic quests?
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
    edited April 2014
    hudman21 wrote: »
    Totems of Auril once gotten to half damage no longer take damage?

How do you destroy them in the epic quests?

If you mean the ones in Icewind pass you can't at the moment , the last patch wrecked all the heroic encounters in Icewind pass and made some of the enemies spawn under the floor or not at all so you cannot finish any of them.
This discussion has been closed.