test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• soysaugessoysauges Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh, i see now. it is YOUR fault !!!!

I'm an organic video game shutdown...er? Woah woah wee woah!
  • lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No. They will let us know when they do. :)

I'll preface this with "I am not any part of PWE nor any of the affected companies, though I am a 'net administrator" and mention that I'm seeing massive packet loss on the internet backbone. The servers aren't down, other people say...so I suspect that there's an equipment failure or DDoS attack going on 'somewhere else' that is overloading the 'area of the internet' that Cryptic uses for its main hosting.

tl;dr: It doesn't look like Cryptic is the problem.

Technobabble: Over 30% packet loss from Savvis->NTT links, and 250ms ping (compared to a usual 50ms and 0% loss). My readout here shows an improvement just now to 25% loss and 180 ping. So, it might be a DDoS that Cryptic is an 'innocent' victim of.

...I use quotes because of that [Admin]: WeInterruptYourGaming has won a Heavy Inferno Nightmare!" thing, but hey. :)

Seriously though, an Awards channel would be NICE. Turn it on by default and add it to all tabs and then let US turn it off if we want..!

But, yes, annoyed or not, it doesn't look like Cryptic is the problem here, just STUCK WITH the problem for a little bit. I'm sure it'll be remedied as quickly as anyone-who-likes-their-job can manage.

-liz

edit: And now high ping for Level3->AT&T interlink, and Cogent->NTT shows over 5% packet loss. I'm guessing denial of service attack on someone out there.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some would say that DC is such a bad healer that there indeed is not a point to have a healer based cleric. I mean, the cleric does do a better job at debuffing mobs and buffing the party. DC buffs and debuffs are MUCH more powerful than their heals.
    Also, doesn't matter if u can heal 1.5-2k per Heal tick, if u don't have a party that knows how to be healed (not ever getting in the shield, constantly being too far away for any heals, etc.), heals mean nothing. Of course same goes for buffs and debuffs (making it hard to target themselves for a buff, not attacking a debuffed mob, being too far away for an AoE buff, etc.). If a good cleric has a bad party, the party will think the DC is bad.

DC and Cleric are the same thing.... DC== Devoted Cleric.... Please don't answer questions when you don't even know what the class abbreviation stands for. Seriously. It makes you sound stupid.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • lassebierstroemlassebierstroem Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is it wrong to say, that Cryptic messed up the server while trying to bring up Modul 3 on the preview???
    edited March 2014
    lizshirako wrote: »
    I'll preface this with "I am not any part of PWE nor any of the affected companies, though I am a 'net administrator" and mention that I'm seeing massive packet loss on the internet backbone. The servers aren't down, other people say...so I suspect that there's an equipment failure or DDoS attack going on 'somewhere else' that is overloading the 'area of the internet' that Cryptic uses for its main hosting.

Technobabble: Over 30% packet loss from Savvis->NTT links, and 250ms ping (compared to a usual 50ms and 0% loss). My readout here shows an improvement just now to 25% loss and 180 ping. So, it might be a DDoS that Cryptic is an 'innocent' victim of.

...I use quotes because of that [Admin]: WeInterruptYourGaming has won a Heavy Inferno Nightmare!" thing, but hey. :)

Seriously though, an Awards channel would be NICE. Turn it on by default and add it to all tabs and then let US turn it off if we want..!

But, yes, annoyed or not, it doesn't look like Cryptic is the problem here, just STUCK WITH the problem for a little bit. I'm sure it'll be remedied as quickly as anyone-who-likes-their-job can manage.

-liz

Is it weird that I think your post is hot? Jk, lol.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Is it wrong to say, that Cryptic messed up the server while trying to bring up Modul 3 on the preview???

This is a separate issue and doesn't affect getting Module 3 onto Preview.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lizshirako wrote: »

So, it might be a DDoS that Cryptic is an 'innocent' victim of.

edit: And now high ping for Level3->AT&T interlink, and Cogent->NTT shows over 5% packet loss. I'm guessing denial of service attack on someone out there.

I have already mentioned this...lol...was called Mr Spock.

Looks like your looking took a different route then mine...but mine ended up timing out at a DOD (dept of Def) ip address per Whois instead of routing to the login server.
  • dman272dman272 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just tried to log in and read this MSG update:

Neverwinter is currently unavailable, we are currently working on bringing the server back online as soon as possible. ;)

Something is definitely happening because I haven't seen that message before. :D
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dang. I might actually have to try to hunt down that heap corruption bug in my Win2k kernel32 rewrite .
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • cdrjayde66cdrjayde66 Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2014
    DC and Cleric are the same thing.... DC== Devoted Cleric.... Please don't answer questions when you don't even know what the class abbreviation stands for. Seriously. It makes you sound stupid.

funny, i knew exactly what Lennilenape was talking about and didn't once think DC was meant as something other than cleric...just saying.
    edited March 2014
    Anyone want to go get Rick Rolled with me?
  • drulle1drulle1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Very long prime time server down
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You have been told that is a network issue. There have been several posts on this already in this topic on that.
    edited March 2014
    you know, i think they should at least extend the CTA event...since the servers are down and there is no eta atm. I'm not saying anything about it being cryptic's fault, but still. lol.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Interesting for sure...
  • benfields10benfields10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yay cta extended :D
    edited March 2014
    From official Twitter feed

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 3m
    Adventurers, we're extending the CTA: Defend the Temple event for another day! It will end 3/25 at 10AM PDT. #Neverwinter
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Hey all, things are still being looked into. In the meantime, we'll be extending the Call to Arms: Defend the Temple skirmish event by one day until 3/25 at 10AM PDT!
  • fexchipfexchip Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Does that CTA extension cover all the discounts in Zen market???
    Miss running dungeons...
    edited March 2014
    fexchip wrote: »
    So what is Cryptic and PWE gonna do for their life blood our Payers and Players????????

Fix the problem whether it takes awhile or not, i would assume.
    edited March 2014
    Now would be a good time to go outside and maybe see what the big bright yellow ball in the sky is. Heck find out what the sky is. Don't be afraid.
    edited March 2014
    Hey all, things are still being looked into. In the meantime, we'll be extending the Call to Arms: Defend the Temple skirmish event by one day until 3/25 at 10AM PDT!

Beat you to cmpinpointerror. LOL ;-) 3 posts above yours. Just saying.
  • lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Now would be a good time to go outside and maybe see what the big bright yellow ball in the sky is. Heck find out what the sky is. Don't be afraid.

@.@ The Day Star! It BURRRRNS us..!

-liz
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just go read the preview part of the forums , they have posted all the information about the upcoming module 3 , ranger paragon path , GWF changes xD , ice wind dale , heroic encounters etc etc , get a nice drink and read up on whats coming up http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?1211-NeverwinterPreview-Feedback-General-Discussion
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited March 2014
    valid concern, maybe. but it's not like Cryptic just turned it off. Stuff happens and sometimes it takes a while to get fixed. They're working on it, they've extended events due to this and honestly if it isn't they're fault they really didn't have to do that. ITs great that they did though.
    edited March 2014
    By the way if you follow their twitter feed, it is announced there before it gets here.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
  • lassebierstroemlassebierstroem Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Who the **** opened the mimic chest in the server room!!!
  • tjam1950tjam1950 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    From FB:

Adventurers, we're happy to announce that Call to Arms: Defend the Temple has been extended until 3/25, 10AM PDT! #Neverwinter

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience of the current downtime. We're still working to get you in-game ASAP!
  • maliusnightmaliusnight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I suggest kicking back and singing 100 bottles of beer on the wall. I'm certain that will make this whole process go faster.
This discussion has been closed.