test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Items Preview: New PvP Equipment

melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
edited March 2014 in News & Announcements
if you haven't already, check out the look of some of the new PvP gear as well as a brief video overview of the upcoming PvP changes from neverwinter executive producer, Rob Overmeyer.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3034673-items-preview_-new-pvp-equipment

6730012dd823f1c35c011eb93fac1d761393294502.jpg

coming soon!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    introduce a penalty for HRs not standing on the cap please :P
  • pappy43pappy43 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    and when will these changes happen? a set date and time would be nice ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Does this look infected to you?"
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    that helm looks good in that pic but if you'd show it with the GWF just standing there it looks a bit <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I grabbed it on the preview when they first released it and was disappointed, it just looks like someone just slapped a skull over the helm from the GG armor. And I see new armor for 4 classes, what happened to the other 2 classes?
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You know the Guardian Fighter is missing from both the video and the screenshots right? Makes me wonder...
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • ladis1ausladis1aus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Those beach pay to wins are too strong already, now they have stats being released seemed to be made for them. I guess I better enjoy Neverwinter before this patch, since it will ruin PVP even more.
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited February 2014
    One question:

the new tenacity stat will be added to current PVP gears too? Meaning other stats like Arpen, Crit etc will be reduced to accommodate this new tenacity stat?

If that is the case, I am going to be really really unhappy. I got the GG PVP sets in some of my toons just because they are easy T2 sets to get. I like the current stats on them and I do not PVP ever (except in GG of course). I do not care about PVP and only do PVE content. So removing some stats from current PVP sets so as to add in tenacity, which is useless in PVE, will affect my toons' performance significantly. Why don't they just leave the current PVP sets alone and have the tenacity stat in the new sets? Those PVPers who want tenacity can go get the new sets, or better yet, allow them to trade-in their current PVP sets for the new ones like what they did in the preview server.

Leave the current pvp sets alone please.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The PvE GG set will be untouched, in response to concerns of that sort.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited February 2014
    Thank is good to hear, tyvm.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited February 2014
    pappy43 wrote: »
    and when will these changes happen? a set date and time would be nice ^^

In the next few weeks!
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited February 2014
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    You know the Guardian Fighter is missing from both the video and the screenshots right? Makes me wonder...

New PvP gear will be available for all classes. This was a small preview of upcoming equipment. No worries!
  • daikonandaikonan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ladis1aus wrote: »
    those beach pay to wins are too strong already, now they have stats being released seemed to be made for them. I guess i better enjoy neverwinter before this patch, since it will ruin pvp even more.

i have to completely agree as a professional pvper in almost all mmorpg's i can honestly say that this stat and how there doing is is buffing the main dominant class of neverwinter pvp and that is great weapon fighter there passive is to o.p making a tank class that is secondary damage is a joke its high crit built in the system of the class making it nearly unstoppable doing this is a terrible idea thx to the prone of other gwf and even conqueror stated guardians are the only things that slow these guys down enough to take them out for god sakes as a joke i went bottom tier skill tree (as a gwf) bloodtheft and lifedrinker perfect rank 7 enchantments and i kill and dominate 2-3 ppl with dread gear consistently (WHILE IM WEARING PVP TIER 1 ARMOR) to add tenacity to these guys with it being bufffed (control resist) from strength is the worse thing yo guys could have done its not tenacity thats needed for balance its a nerf to these guys pvp passive stat there job in pve is to clear mobs and secondary tank if that is true then why not focus on that instead of giving them a bigger better buff in pvp when there already dominating contless times 3 gwf with perfect and 2 tricksters is a unstoppable killing force that cant be beat in dominion if your gonna copy league of legends terms and pretend to act like them then be like them a little more with balance classes the only crazy problem is the gwf fix it properly and u will have a almost perfect balanced game with even all ppl having all classes and perfect gear this is the solution and should be the goal of the neverwinter team not focusing on 1 class .....sorry for rant but since i see others agreeing with my statement i have to say what everyone else is already thinking
  • benzchiibenzchii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited February 2014
    Hope they'll use different Gauntryn Coins.................. most of the player has TOns of them already.......... so that newbies can catch up
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    daikonan wrote: »
    i have to completely agree as a professional pvper in almost all mmorpg's i can honestly say that this stat and how there doing is is buffing the main dominant class of neverwinter pvp and that is great weapon fighter there passive is to o.p making a tank class that is secondary damage is a joke its high crit built in the system of the class making it nearly unstoppable doing this is a terrible idea thx to the prone of other gwf and even conqueror stated guardians are the only things that slow these guys down enough to take them out for god sakes as a joke i went bottom tier skill tree (as a gwf) bloodtheft and lifedrinker perfect rank 7 enchantments and i kill and dominate 2-3 ppl with dread gear consistently (WHILE IM WEARING PVP TIER 1 ARMOR) to add tenacity to these guys with it being bufffed (control resist) from strength is the worse thing yo guys could have done its not tenacity thats needed for balance its a nerf to these guys pvp passive stat there job in pve is to clear mobs and secondary tank if that is true then why not focus on that instead of giving them a bigger better buff in pvp when there already dominating contless times 3 gwf with perfect and 2 tricksters is a unstoppable killing force that cant be beat in dominion if your gonna copy league of legends terms and pretend to act like them then be like them a little more with balance classes the only crazy problem is the gwf fix it properly and u will have a almost perfect balanced game with even all ppl having all classes and perfect gear this is the solution and should be the goal of the neverwinter team not focusing on 1 class .....sorry for rant but since i see others agreeing with my statement i have to say what everyone else is already thinking

Now THAT's a long *** sentence lol !
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    introduce a penalty for HRs not standing on the cap please :P

Introduce a penalty, while were at it, for TRs running permastealth, and trying constant run away/backstab tactics too. Can't really complain about a class being played for its annoyances, when your own does too :P

That being said, just take out caps if its that annoying. squishies(cw/hr) cant tank, nor can they go invisible, or become immune to damage for a time(unlike a certain other class or 2, right?). So don't make a point guarding/capping system, then complain when the weakest characters cant stay on it.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i have to completely agree as a professional pvper in almost all mmorpg's i can honestly say that this stat and how there doing is is buffing the main dominant class of neverwinter pvp and that is great weapon fighter...

I stopped reading where you said this is buffing GWF. Are you kidding me? This is buffing EVERYONE. Just because pvp GWF usually favor tanky builds it doesn't mean they will get anything more than all the other classes. Have you realised how much of an impact HD will have on sentinel builds? Indirect, specific nerf for those OP pvp builds. They are also nerfing TR to not be exploitable. They are nerfing FS damage and prone duration. Hell, they are nerfing prone durations in pvp altogether. Professional pvper? I think not, you need to get your facts straight my friend.
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i dont care for new gear set...new class has be add or not?

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    benzchii wrote: »
    Hope they'll use different Gauntryn Coins.................. most of the player has TOns of them already.......... so that newbies can catch up

Yes there are new coins :D
  • howitzer001howitzer001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2014

(Dear daikonan, I had to decipher and translate your post for you in plain English because, well, it disgusted me. I sincerely hope you take the time to educate yourself in how to properly write, type, and develop your vocabulary. Otherwise, the world will be a very dark, dark place for you in the future.)

YOUR POST: "I have to agree, completely. As a professional pvper in almost all of the MMO's I've played I can honestly say that this stat is just buffing the dominant classes. The GWF's passive is too overpowered making it a tank class. The secondary damage is a joke and the GWF's high crit built into the system makes it nearly unstoppable. This is a terrible idea and thanks to the prone abilities of the GWF it's even worse. Even guardians have stated it only slows these guys down enough to take them out. For god's sake it is a joke right now... I went to the bottom of the tier skill tree as a GWF with bloodtheft and lifedrinker, perfect vorpal, and rank 7 enchants with the ability to kill 2-3 skilled players with dread gear consistently while wearing T1 PVP armor. If you add tenacity to them with control resist this is the worst thing you guys could have done.

It isn't tenacity that's needed for balance - it is a nerf to these classes that is needed. The GWF's job in PVE is to clear mobs and secondary tank. If that is true then why not focus on that instead of giving them a bigger, better buff in PVP when they're already dominant? I've seen it countless times already where a GWF and two TRs is an unstoppable killing force that can't be beaten in domination. If your plan is to copy LoL and pretend to act like them then be like them a bit more with balance in the classes. The only insane problem we've all yelled about is the overpowered imbalance of the GWF. Properly fix this class and you will have an almost perfectly balanced game. This is the solution and should be the goal of the Neverwinter team. I'm sorry for the rant but since I see others agreeing with my statement I have to say what everyone else is thinking."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.fusion-guild.org
    Sir Howitzer - GF | Howitzer - HR
  • whateva11whateva11 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The arrogance in your reply could not have been greater. He, as a paying customer does not have to have perfect vocabulary, nor does he have to oblige to your senseless reply.

As for the Tenacity Stat. You have copied this from DCUO, a little late in my opinion. You need to draw a clearer line between pvp and pve. There is no way you can mix this up. But still, you do.

For instance: People playing with complete pve gear in DCUO vs. a player with full pvp gear, 99 out of 100 times the pvp gear-guy wins the duel. Why? Because he has toughness, a stat that the pve gear in DCUO does not have. It has defense, stat a pvp gear does not have. Why? Defense is useless in pvp, as is toughness in pve. Easy but efficient.

Also, the way to achieve gear in DCUO is very well thought through. In Neverwinter it is just spending AD on AH for any set you want, it is available. Even CN gear can be bought. Messed up. Make it like DCUO (DC Universe Online) does: Gear can only be achieved by completing hard raids, rewarding player with exclusive currency that has to be saved to buy one unique piece of equipment, let's say T3.

That way only people who really showed some persistance and skill will be able to get it. Furthermore, the stupid titles are superfluous as people who wear these equipment sets clearly show they have earned them. Make them undiscardable, unsellable, bound char. This way the rich kids and/or rich parents w/o skills will be forced to actually acquire some play skills in order to achieve highest gear. I wouldn't call this ranting, I'm just pissed at a decent game with too many flaws but good intentions.
  • moonofdarksidemoonofdarkside Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Kinda Viking style.

Only in fiction. Turns out Vikings never actually used horned helms at all. They used a custom technique of beating conical helms with a minimalistic nose guard, out of a single piece of metal to make it as tough as possible. The horns were part of rhetorical propaganda casting Vikings as demonic barbarians, as no coastal lands in the known (and much of the un-known) world were safe from them. On the other hand, Viking raiders wher eknown to mutilate themselves to invoke fear during attacks - filing teeth and facial tattoos wer common, so perhaps the legend has some truth to it. Who can say that a few longboats worth of Vikings didn't decide that some horns on their helms would scare the locals senseless. If so, we have not found any evidence of it, yet.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Only in fiction. Turns out Vikings never actually used horned helms at all. They used a custom technique of beating conical helms with a minimalistic nose guard, out of a single piece of metal to make it as tough as possible. The horns were part of rhetorical propaganda casting Vikings as demonic barbarians, as no coastal lands in the known (and much of the un-known) world were safe from them. On the other hand, Viking raiders wher eknown to mutilate themselves to invoke fear during attacks - filing teeth and facial tattoos wer common, so perhaps the legend has some truth to it. Who can say that a few longboats worth of Vikings didn't decide that some horns on their helms would scare the locals senseless. If so, we have not found any evidence of it, yet.

Neat. Thanks for the cool history facts ;)