• Options
    fluxbiometrixfluxbiometrix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They better give us like 2 hrs for DD lol
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    linknigri wrote: »
    My map is crashing in the winter fastival, I crashed when I was on the race event and now I cannot log in anymore with my ranger. Since it seams to be an area problem, is it possible to relocate my character to another area?

same at me
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you have turned off shadows (say, for performance) also turn of scattering. I'm working on a fix.

Depending on what default settings your GPU gets, wiping your gameprefs (it's in localdata) might work. I think changing the options in the login screen might be a better option.

Dave
  • Options
    azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The gameprefs wipe in local data has worked for everyone I've mentioned it to so far, but at least it can allow for people to get in-game whilst a better fix is in the making :)
  • Options
    coolboyzarcoolboyzar Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Working in SAFE mode. In launcher go to Options and click Safe Mode, seems to work for me on my stuck toons
  • Options
    guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I gave up trying to get on the 60's, they are all in dread ring. I logged in, in the HR, was doin the festival stuff but in the race the game crashed. I tried to logged back in and crashed again. I not gonna try to get back in the game, ill just check the forums to know when its being fixed or wait till one of my friends tell me its bein fixed, i do hope we get one or 2 days extra for the event, if it takes more than a day to fix.
  • Options
    jesttic01jesttic01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    coolboyzar wrote: »
    Working in SAFE mode. In launcher go to Options and click Safe Mode, seems to work for me on my stuck toons

Sure is turn on safe mode:)
  • Options
    rhaiianrhaiian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    @azeryk1 & @hithereyou

Deleting the GamePrefs file didn't solve the problem for me, but choosing the default settings in the game's option menu did (i didn't have problem with starting the game, only to load a specific character in.) Your info is still greatly appricated; helped me get my client back on its feet.
  • Options
    blureelblureel Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hithereyou wrote: »
    If you have turned off shadows (say, for performance) also turn of scattering. I'm working on a fix.

Depending on what default settings your GPU gets, wiping your gameprefs (it's in localdata) might work. I think changing the options in the login screen might be a better option.

Dave

I turned off shadows completely and turned of post processing. I was able to log in. Haven't tried all the video settings so I don't know exactly which one(s) are causing the crash, but now it's clear that the crash is video setting related.
  • Options
    sharqua1sharqua1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To everyone crashing: ATI Radeon card? I am curious.

I'm crashed out as well and noticed a previous issue with the Radeons.
  • Options
    guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I did the safe mode option got in one of the character in dread ring, it looks incredibly horrible but it can be played. Thanks for that info, now lets hope it gets fixed today.
  • Options
    ariesvehemensariesvehemens Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Turned off post-processing and didn't crash.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was finally able to enter on my character that gotten stuck in the Twilight Run race. I turned off post processing and it worked for me.
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Someone aware me on post processing?

How do you turn it off?
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Hey guys!

I am really sorry to see that this is happening. I can understand your frustrations completely. I have had a long day myself and just got the ability to log in and I would definitely be frustrated if I had the same issues some of you have had.

I can assure you the devs are looking into this and consider it a top priority. Just look at how active Dave/hithereyou has been in responding to your concerns.

Thank you to everybody that have worked with the team to try to resolve the issue. It is greatly appreciated!

However I do have to ask that we all remain respectful to each other and the developers even through the frustrations. A bit of venting is fine and dandy and to be completely expected but let's keep the jabs to a minimum. This issue will be resolved as soon as humanly possible so please remain patient. :)

All the best,
    -Ambisinisterr
  • Options
    arturios71arturios71 Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    Turn all graphics settings down to 0 on a char, then you should be able to log back in with the stuck character. Worked for me for 3 chars stuck in horse race.

Hello, this advice is very good , now i can play with my two chars
  • Options
    sjm1111sjm1111 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sorry mine was a Nvidea and a much better card than the radion that's in my other machine which is working
  • Options
    ariesvehemensariesvehemens Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Video--->advanced settings--->effects, and turn post processing off. This advice did work in my case and I'm online, no crash yet.
  • Options
    kanjaeskanjaes Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Turning off post processing worked for me as well. Thanks for the good find
  • Options
    miyikmiyik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here, crashes to desktop when i try to get on char that was in ice race..
    error code 27954185
  • Options
    shayerathaanshayerathaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Add me to the list as well. Crash after approximately one third is loaded...
  • Options
    taurnilelensartaurnilelensar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My Main toon is stuck and CTDs if I try to log into, and the patch is 4 hours away! no professions, no invoking, No dailies, No AH all my AD on that toon!
    If anyone on TV tells you they can make life fair they are liars!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . While at the character select screen, go into Options and on the Video Tab, turn off Post-Processing. This resolved a constant crash a user in our guild was having when logging into specific characters.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . While at the character select screen, go into Options and on the Video Tab, turn off Post-Processing. This resolved a constant crash a user in our guild was having when logging into specific characters.
  • Options
    taurnilelensartaurnilelensar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    UPDATE
    There is a quick fix! From the login screen go to video settings and TURN OFF post processing! I was able to log into the toons and finish the race.
    If anyone on TV tells you they can make life fair they are liars!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    shayerathaanshayerathaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just found that out and came to post - works for me as well.
  • Options
    nazlaninazlani Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Um, am I the only one who still have problem unsolved? My chars still are stucked because of location transfer failure. They seem to be at winter festival - I tried everything what is noted in this and similar threads - and nothing is working :( I still get info: "Timed out connecting to GameServer" (loading reaches about 40% of bar and "server not respondning"). I've downloaded new patch and still no change.

Can someone from the staff transfer my chars to safe location?:
    Nazlani
    WaywardSon

UPDATE 1: I think I've found solution - the problem was COMODO Internet Security, Even though before play I turn it off, it seems that Comodo was still blocking the game. I added NVO to trusted apps and left Comodo on. I don't know if this is solution, but after this action I',m in the game again.
  • Options
    pietrala69pietrala69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    first off nvidia card here fully updated EVGA GTX 760 3gb.
    Second Crashes are in between zones, in zones, in dungeons and in foundry missions. Longest period of time logged in before crash 12 minutes(foundry mission). Shortest amount of time before crash Protectors enclave 2minutes. While i may not have much latency on my end., whatever is going on near your data centers is also causing the annoying and dreaded red message "server not responding". While i may not be a maxed out 60 going for some elite dungeons this game as it is now is unplayable. Theres more then just one problem here., please fix all of them not just part of one thank you.
  • Options
    pankolinopankolino Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    same problem on winter event.
    Not to mention that game stability went on stroll...
  • Options
    ronockololronockolol Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    UPDATE
    There is a quick fix! From the login screen go to video settings and TURN OFF post processing! I was able to log into the toons and finish the race.

Didn't work for me, Still can't log in since 6pm yesterday (GMT) I suppose I should just give up now?